Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

is there a game which isnt a power fantasy

like a loser simulator or something. child labor simulator 2017, extreme poverty: modern slavery, sweatshopfield 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FuzzySkinner posted:

As I've said before. I've found much more common ground with some :911: gun nut type from rural oklahoma than I could ever dream of finding with some rich upper class white liberal. This is coming from someone who wants Single payer healthcare, free college education, legalized marijuana, justice reform and wants no foreign intervention to speak of.

Serious question: are you a hetero white dude?

I ask because it's a lot easier to see parity in someone spitting on you and calling you a human being, and insincere cloying brand advertisements, when you either aren't a person or have never actually lived in a place where the former is likely to happen.

The thing that ~wakes~ a lot of rural kids, in the good or the annoying way, is legitimate abuse and hatred, and that doesn't fade when you turn 18 and run screaming from your hometown.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Brown Menace posted:

like a loser simulator or something. child labor simulator 2017, extreme poverty: modern slavery, sweatshopfield 4

basicaly, he wants art poo poo. he wants everything to be like gone home(which is good game, but he and his friends just focus on the progressive message/story, instead of the environmental story telling or a puzzle game. they want to use games as soapbox and tool to get their message out. thats it. all art must serve a purpose, preferably their purpose.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The Brown Menace posted:

There is!

Its called Cart Life and Papers Please. Actually good games (through will make you feel like poo poo at points) that actually use gameplay to fuel the narrative.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

BexGu posted:

There is!

Its called Cart Life and Papers Please. Actually good games (through will make you feel like poo poo at points) that actually use gameplay to fuel the narrative.

papers please is a problematic power fantasy because you have complete control over people's lives and whether or not they can see their family again according to his rules actually

this is more to point out how insane he is than disparage papers please, a good game

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I do like that if its a strong male lead its toxic masculinity and if its a strong female lead its male gaze wish fulfillment

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Twitter would be exponentially improved if they banned or probated people for writing what should be a blog update in the form of a billion loving contiguous tweets. poo poo, the writers' lives would probably be improved too.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Papers, Please is insanely good and I hope they make a sequel called Jorji, Please where you play as Jorji and have to collapse the Arstotzkan immigration system by tying up immigration officials with as much bullshit as possible

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

The Brown Menace posted:

Papers, Please is insanely good and I hope they make a sequel called Jorji, Please where you play as Jorji and have to collapse the Arstotzkan immigration system by tying up immigration officials with as much bullshit as possible

I would play the poo poo out of that game

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mysterious frankie posted:

Twitter would be exponentially improved if they banned or probated people for writing what should be a blog update in the form of a billion loving contiguous tweets. poo poo, the writers' lives would probably be improved too.

im glad we have insane posting all billion contiguous tweets in this thread tho

nothing really says 'comfortable grip on sanity' like a neverending pants poo poo about some guy who struggles to break into the double digits of retweets

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
mods please rename this pit of sorrow "the woke gamergate thread"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
The reason trump won was some people saying stupid things about video games.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
[after two pages of posts talking about how much I hate reading this thread] Actually, that's not true at all.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

don't doxx me plz

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

im glad we have insane posting all billion contiguous tweets in this thread tho

nothing really says 'comfortable grip on sanity' like a neverending pants poo poo about some guy who struggles to break into the double digits of retweets

The only people whose lives would not be improved by deploying the ol' vaudeville hook on Twitter ranters would be smug lookie loos, ie, me. So I guess I'm glad I have absolutely no impact on policy.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
man i still dont know what wokes actially believe

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
me and Woke dont play the same video games We Are Divided

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/MaximMag/status/844546242814398464

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao.

Everyone should get automata btw, it's real real good.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmao.

It has some really great music :unsmith:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I've heard that it has lesbians and butt stuff.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

BITCHMADE SJW: Trigger no more! I admit the deed! --boot up the game here, here! --It is the badonking of her hideous donk!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Guy Goodbody posted:

please respect other posters' experiences

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

BITCHMADE SJW: Trigger no more! I admit the deed! --boot up the game here, here! --It is the badonking of her hideous donk!

EXTREMELY MANLY PERSON: heh, sorry snowflake *hears a lesbian* nippon, whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy *explodes*

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I mean, these are basically the people that think they should be running an oligarchy.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's why it's good.

Also the existential dread and gameplay.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol what. yoko taro was always politically like that, he isn't a giant fan of stuff where you can kill a million people and still be a magical hero plus other tropes. so his games mess with stuff like that. i mean one of the heros in his game was a hermaphrodite. which is why i like him compared to say someone like radicalbytes or other "social critics" at least yoko taro actualy makes good games that have cool messages and make you depressed as gently caress about everything. but dipshits like jon and friends will never play it because panties/male gaze/their small dicks/violence/etc.

That's why it's good.

Also the existential dread and gameplay.

that too.

Lmao.

i will probably get it along with horizon next month. playing through DA: I and ME: A right now. plus class work.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Mar 22, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Oh man how did I miss this one, your establishment Dem hero folks.

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/844736367930204160

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/ReignOfApril/status/844373127866015745

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

do these people ever just, you know. turn off.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dapper_Swindler posted:

do these people ever just, you know. turn off.

Hey to these people, it's all a turn on.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MaxxBot posted:

Oh man how did I miss this one, your establishment Dem hero folks.

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/844736367930204160

I still don't understand how Mensch somehow became a democrat neoliberal after her crowning glory was selling out the neoliberals in favour of the conservatives in England.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Byolante posted:

I still don't understand how Mensch somehow became a democrat neoliberal after her crowning glory was selling out the neoliberals in favour of the conservatives in England.

yes how did mensch become a right-wing shill after being a right-wing shill for so long

i g u e s s w e l l n e v e r k n o w

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just wish the lesbian call hadn't come while I was about to talk to a quest NPC and I had to wait until that e/n session was over to start the quest. Nier: Automata owns and what little I played already had a good amount of :roboluv: content.

Byolante posted:

I thought willingness to cave or sell out to the conservatives was a defining feature of the neolibs.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

super sweet best pal posted:

I thought willingness to cave or sell out to the conservatives was a defining feature of the neolibs.

Who knows what their thought patterns are; GWB is now a liberal hero because he's not trump.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Loukanikos has attacked more fascists in his short life than most of us have seen fascists.

Make Loukanikos greater! Vote now!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814068

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What's the Putin -> Sanders link beyond Russia = Communist, and Bernie is a Communist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
https://twitter.com/huffpostqueer/status/844737118207430656

• Locked thread