Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

Do you realize that you're accepting at face value the word of the president and yet saying that the CIA/FBI aren't to be trusted bc they are government?

Why is Trump's assertion something that is to be believed until proven false but everything else is false until proven true?

asked him about how he knows obama wrote that coal/streams EO purely to gently caress with strong daddy, he readily replied he doesn't but he chooses to because he's a "cynic." I support your effort but it's for the benefit of anyone else stupid enough to read our awful posts rather than for Spunky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly it sounds like Trump is flailing about getting poo poo all done or accomplished and reacting in exactly the way you'd expect a reality TV show clown to react: starting drama poo poo shows on social media over nothing.

He hasn't even made his nominations yet and he's at the same time blaming the Dems for slowing the appointment process down like :psyduck:

What's next, he's gonna punch himself in the face on live TV and blame Nancy Pelosi?

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010

Prorat posted:

Incidental - liable to happen as a consequence of (an activity).

Prove that it was just hello on an elevator. It was most likely they were tapping every phone in that building. Not that the NSA isn't already doing that anyway.

You are dumb if you don't think they were passing it along to Obama.

What a ridiculous claim. What's next, Obama uses the IRS to aggressively audit his political opponents??

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kickascii posted:

What a ridiculous claim. What's next, Obama uses the IRS to aggressively audit his political opponents??

Yeah crazy, or wiretap Merkel? Nah he would never!

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

dude nunes himself in that article says it looked like incidental collection in which the trump team communicated with the actual targets of the surveillance. and it turns out the targets of said surveillance were a russian money laundering ring operating out of a trump tower penthouse suite three floors below trump's. so uh

The surveillance happened during the transition months not 2013.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Honestly it sounds like Trump is flailing about getting poo poo all done or accomplished and reacting in exactly the way you'd expect a reality TV show clown to react: starting drama poo poo shows on social media over nothing.

He hasn't even made his nominations yet and he's at the same time blaming the Dems for slowing the appointment process down like :psyduck:

You're defending government spying lol, good luck with that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You're defending government spying lol, good luck with that

You're defending a government official denying illegal activity by saying

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I should believe the denials of people doing illegal things. Got it. Thanks

Way to take the side of the government that's spying on you lol

bro

hahahahaha

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

What's next, he's gonna punch himself in the face on live TV and blame Nancy Pelosi?

It would still be a more credible accusation than anything I'd trust coming from fuckin CNN or NBC l

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

Trump wasn't being wiretapped wrt his election or anything involving Obama or anything else so even if in the pursuit of gathering intel on this money laundering ring they got some incidental communication (which is like, "Hey how are you doing" in the elevator) it has no relevance to anything Trump was talking about whatsoever in his allegations against Obama.

The FBI director James Comey, who kicked HRC in the shins a week before election day, came out and said "we weren't wiretapping Trump and there is no basis at all for that accusation" :shrug:

Is he biased now when the facts don't go Trumps way but before he wasn't biased when it was tilting against HRC?

You must have a lovely news source. Listen to the actual press conference maybe?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
"Hey, we should definitely give the benefit of the doubt to the state surveillance apparatus"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"Hey, we should definitely give the benefit of the doubt to the state surveillance apparatus"

Don't you think that since Trump is the POTUS now he should after what 2 weeks be able to come up with loving literally any kind of actual proof of his allegations?

Or does he just get to hurl poo poo out there forever and lol we just gotta believe it I guess bc everything else is fake?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"Hey we should definitely give the benefit of the doubt to Donald Trump, noted retarded manchild"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

T.S. Smelliot posted:

It would still be a more credible accusation than anything I'd trust coming from fuckin CNN or NBC l

Bro you can't accuse someone of doing something then claim it is true based on some of the people who doubt it is true are untrustworthy as well like....

what the gently caress? What kind of dumbfuck logic is that?

You make an assertion, the burden of proof is on you. It's not up to everyone else to disprove it or else it is true lol.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Look just because he authorized the NSA to wiretap Angela Merkel doesn't mean he would use this money laundering activity to wiretap Trump during the transition period. And its just a coincidence that he signed a bunch of lovely orders right before he left office to make Trump "look bad" (with the help of the media). And he definitely wasn't bombing 7 countries when he left office, no sir!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Don't you think that since Trump is the POTUS now he should after what 2 weeks be able to come up with loving literally any kind of actual proof of his allegations?

Or does he just get to hurl poo poo out there forever and lol we just gotta believe it I guess bc everything else is fake?

Sorry, I don't believe the state surveillance apparatus, feel free to believe them yourself though.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Prorat posted:

Look just because he authorized the NSA to wiretap Angela Merkel doesn't mean he would use this money laundering activity to wiretap Trump during the transition period. And its just a coincidence that he signed a bunch of lovely orders right before he left office to make Trump "look bad" (with the help of the media). And he definitely wasn't bombing 7 countries when he left office, no sir!

please do not outdo me in being an insane conspiracy theorist that's my turf

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that psycho ho sure is spunky

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'ma break this down bc I enjoy dunking on local forums idiot Prorat;

Prorat posted:

Look just because he authorized the NSA to wiretap Angela Merkel doesn't mean he would use this money laundering activity to wiretap Trump during the transition period.

It doesn't, because standard foreign surveillance activity (that every country engages in let's not be dense) has nothing at all do to specifically wiretapping a political opponent in order to... do what exactly? What did Obama do to Trump that was sooooo bad?

Prorat posted:

And its just a coincidence that he signed a bunch of lovely orders right before he left office to make Trump "look bad" (with the help of the media).

Oh I see, you're butthurt about something that literally every outgoing president does. But, OBAMA right?

Prorat posted:

And he definitely wasn't bombing 7 countries when he left office, no sir!

What loving relevance does this have to anything you're talking about right now? Nothing. OBAMA right? Can you even keep an argument coherent for more than 2 sentences or what lmao

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

oh, really? hum, my mistake. I guess the proper phrasing is "person of interest"?

Maybe but I'm not sure if he actually committed a crime. If he lied about not having ties with Russia during sworn testimony it may be a crime but I'm not sure if that happened. Plus there have been other politicians who have lied under oath and gotten away Scot free. Either way it probably won't affect Trump much cause he fired the guy but the optics are bad and it plays into the Trump is a Russian Manchurian candidate conspiracy theory that people are desperate to push.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because he's a new employee, not an entrenched political player?

lol, white dick in this guy's mouth STAT!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Look, here's the problem.

You have two choices:

Believe the intelligence community.

or

Believe Trump.

Neither source is inherently trustworthy.

Therefore, who the trust ultimately becomes a matter of whatever you want to believe. That's the problem.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tallgeese posted:

Look, here's the problem.

You have two choices:

Believe the intelligence community.

or

Believe Trump.

Neither source is inherently trustworthy.

Therefore, who the trust ultimately becomes a matter of whatever you want to believe. That's the problem.

No actually it's much simpler.

The person making a positive assertion has the burden of proof. Trump is accusing Obama of X. Until Trump has proof of X, I don't believe it.

I don't have to believe either one or the other, that's a false choice. Just because someone you don't like also doesn't believe X, that doesn't by default now make it true.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

The person making a positive assertion has the burden of proof. Trump is accusing Obama of X. Until Trump has proof of X, I don't believe it.

I don't have to believe either one or the other, that's a false choice. Just because someone you don't like also doesn't believe X, that doesn't by default now make it true.

The proof is Obama's history of being a horrible, immoral human being.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Naw, I don't have to, or want to be inclined, to believe the state spying apparatus. I don't have to give them any doubt.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Krustic posted:

Maybe but I'm not sure if he actually committed a crime. If he lied about not having ties with Russia during sworn testimony it may be a crime but I'm not sure if that happened. Plus there have been other politicians who have lied under oath and gotten away Scot free. Either way it probably won't affect Trump much cause he fired the guy but the optics are bad and it plays into the Trump is a Russian Manchurian candidate conspiracy theory that people are desperate to push.

I'm pretty sure I've been careful not to claim that any poo poo I spout will ever Matter, because this cloak of nihilism will protect me from the rising seas and falling radioactive material

also not a lawyer, of electoral law or anything else, but I think that the lobbying isn't illegal, as you say - but not reporting it is, eg. Flynn and being paid for lobbying for Turkey. "it's not the crime, it's the cover-up" or something like that.

Prorat posted:

ok I'm not gonna pretend that obama deserved his peace prize or whatever, but uh, are you sure you aren't describing trump

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

No it isn't :shrug:

Sorry but c'mon you can't say you're a good cynic and then have such shoddy arguments based on feels.

It goes both ways too: I don't believe Trump has real ties with Russia (beyond just normal business activities) until I see some actual evidence. I don't like him but that in of itself is not evidence of anything.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Naw, I don't have to, or want to be inclined, to believe the state spying apparatus. I don't have to give them any doubt.

Bro I didn't say you did. Read.

quote:

who says you have to believe one or the other? Stop trying to make everything into a "my team their team my side is better."

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

No it isn't :shrug:

Sorry but c'mon you can't say you're a good cynic and then have such shoddy arguments based on feels.

It goes both ways too: I don't believe Trump has real ties with Russia (beyond just normal business activities) until I see some actual evidence. I don't like him but that in of itself is not evidence of anything.

You should definitely give the benefit of the doubt to sociopaths that are illegally spying on you 24/7.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

so

about that wiretapping..

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You should definitely give the benefit of the doubt to sociopaths that are illegally spying on you 24/7.

This is now the 3rd time you've made the same post but just reworded and all 3 times you've totally ignored my point in favor of just saying the same thing again so I'ma just stop replying on this topic tbh.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Look man he won the Nobel Peace prize he was an upstanding peaceful man!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I'm pretty sure I've been careful not to claim that any poo poo I spout will ever Matter, because this cloak of nihilism will protect me from the rising seas and falling radioactive material

also not a lawyer, of electoral law or anything else, but I think that the lobbying isn't illegal, as you say - but not reporting it is, eg. Flynn and being paid for lobbying for Turkey. "it's not the crime, it's the cover-up" or something like that.

ok I'm not gonna pretend that obama deserved his peace prize or whatever, but uh, are you sure you aren't describing trump

Bombed more people/countries than Bush

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

This is now the 3rd time you've made the same post but just reworded and all 3 times you've totally ignored my point in favor of just saying the same thing again so I'ma just stop replying on this topic tbh.

Because my point is, gently caress them. I don't care if Trump is wrong in this particular case. They are spying on him, and you, and me. We're all wiretapped. Oh no, did he offend Obama??? God forbid

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Person making an assertion has the burden of proof. Just bc you dislike their opponents doesn't suddenly mean everything they say is true.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because my point is, gently caress them. I don't care if Trump is wrong in this particular case. They are spying on him, and you, and me. We're all wiretapped. Oh no, did he offend Obama??? God forbid

Why didn't you just say that then? If that was your point it was pretty drat buried.

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Obama was like, the dude in charge of the people who expanded the surveillance state in the US, so, like, idk?!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

USSAr posted:

Obama was like, the dude in charge of the people who expanded the surveillance state in the US, so, like, idk?!

yep, he totally was, and it's really hosed up and bad

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You people need to watch the Jimmy Dore Show and learn to be real progressives.

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
Trump: I"m being wiretapped!

Liebrals: Lol crazypants again

Wikileaks and the Techworld: So like, the US government can literally spy on you through a TV now.

Liebrals: (Can't put two and two together)

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Moridin920 posted:

"Bad man accused other bad man of something, other bad man is bad therefore IT MUST BE TRUE!"

...yes, that happens all the time. Even journalism is basically a user confidence-based industry. I was describing how the vast majority of people operate. Hell, you've probably done the same thing if it's convenient enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

USSAr posted:

Trump: I"m being wiretapped!

Liebrals: Lol crazypants again

Wikileaks and the Techworld: So like, the US government can literally spy on you through a TV now.

Liebrals: (Can't put two and two together)

All I'm saying is that you'd think as the leader of the US government Trump would be able to produce literally anything in defense of that statement.

You guys are giving him too much credit anyway lol, he doesn't give a poo poo about mass surveillance that isn't what this is about and he's not gonna do poo poo about the NSA spying on us all.

• Locked thread