Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

gdi I just want a CB/HLS Lyudmila again come on Banshee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Elemental primaries are back as Exotics. Adept Fatebringer has arc burn, but an non elemental legendary version can drop at 400 light

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This is pretty fuckin' lit, I think I hit McMahon stage 2 just now. I really like the Crota set.

edit: really like the damage fx on the crota armor, probably gonna main titan now

The VoG set is p fuckin' cool too

Kings Fall:

Ok, they are not bringing Black Hammer back, but they are keeping Spindle.

Hahahahaha Necrochasm is going to be terrifying now. They're buffing ARs in the spirit of giving Necrochasm its day in the sun.

"Everything is back, everything is powerful, everything is an option."

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 22, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Necrochasm is back and you no longer need to get a headshot to make the enemy explode

That regeneration effect when you take damage/regen shield when wearing new crota armor is great

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
yeah but where will i put it

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Exotic elementals for every raid now.. rip completionists lol

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Wrath and Kings fall are getting exotic elemental primaries too

poor life choice posted:

yeah but where will i put it
in the space you make from deleting all your old poo poo because the sequel is out in like 5 months anyway so who cares

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 22, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I like the new WoTM armor more than the first iteration tbh

Edit: Oh good I can use the Arminius-D again, they're reducing the effect of falloff in addition to that of Hand Cannons.

Suros, also lit

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 22, 2017

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Roman posted:

Wrath and Kings fall are getting exotic elemental primaries too
in the space you make from deleting all your old poo poo because the sequel is out in like 5 months anyway so who cares

I think I have 30+ slots in each tab, I'm just shitposting friend. ;) ;)

e: I do think I have more assault rifles than anything else. Cool that they're getting a buff.

Can someone post a pic of the new WotM armor sets?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Elemental primaries have a chance to drop after completing a raid challenge.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wounded Unicorn posted:

This is pretty fuckin' lit, I think I hit McMahon stage 2 just now. I really like the Crota set.

edit: really like the damage fx on the crota armor, probably gonna main titan now

Kings Fall:

The original armors look embarrassingly bad by comparison to these. I'm definitely gonna have to go for the VoG Titan and CE Warlock gear.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Ayyy okay looking like there's no new Crucible map. I was wrong!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

VoG titan totally looks like the robot dude from Appleseed and I want it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Sidearms spawn with only 1 magazine of ammo, won't stack on respawn. Ammo from crate goes right into sidearm without reloading.

Skorri runs for 60 seconds when you get a kill while your super is full.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Aww man I miss the titan goblin helmet.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Ayyy okay looking like there's no new Crucible map. I was wrong!

True! How exciting. Goons only visit even remotely near my equipment next time. I say, can only newbies try raids on light levels in new gear? You only use raid tips heard on uber good hotlines; that's super.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

The language made it sound like all raid primaries will have an Exotic version. That's ridiculous but ok.

They only drop from challenge modes too. Sounds like alot of grinding if you want a specific one or all of them.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I feel like I'm at a McMahon 3 after all that. They basically addressed most complaints I had heard or fielded myself, and the guns & armor are pretty sick, but I'm not *quite* falling out of my chair.

edit:

Not at all, they just kinda mentioned they existed. I hope further details will come, I'm excited about Necrochasm.
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 22, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Did they mention how necrochasm or vex mytholcast drops? Just randomly? A quest?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

texaholic posted:

They only drop from challenge modes too. Sounds like alot of grinding if you want a specific one or all of them.

Fatebringer is all anyone will care about.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

Vision of Confluence is the true hero. :colbert:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sure would be nice to actually get Necrochasm this time around

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

the good fax machine posted:

Sure would be nice to actually get Necrochasm this time around

Let's hope the drop rate is more than 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% then. Also I hope at this point it drops the actual Necrochasm cause I definitely don't want to farm/grind that broken version again.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

True. If they get added to the kiosk, I will probably end up infusing or sharding any that drop for me. Keeping a Vex for solar burn and a random Void primary for void burns and just shard everything else.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

texaholic posted:

Did they mention how necrochasm or vex mytholcast drops? Just randomly? A quest?

Get 4 cruxes and they turn into a Y3 Nechrochasm.

All of the new armor sets look super dope. Going to do Crota's End like a billion times week one.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic posted:

Lol no, they told us how to get our dead, gay hands on an Exotic Zaouli's Bane but the poo poo people never were able to get and actually want :iiam:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BattleTech posted:

Get 4 cruxes and they turn into a Y3 Nechrochasm.

All of the new armor sets look super dope. Going to do Crota's End like a billion times week one.

Hidden in CE will be hive husks and you have to carry them all the way to Crota's chamber meaning that once a guardian picks one up, he's melee only for the rest of the raid. Then everyone has to beat Crota to death with these husks and when that happens a hidden door will open up that allows you to pick up the Necrochasm mission, which requires you to run the raid 10 more times with exactly two of each class and and even split of subclass elements.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

cvnvcnv posted:

Lol no, they told us how to get our dead, gay hands on an Exotic Zaouli's Bane but the poo poo people never were able to get and actually want :iiam:

Wait really?

Zaouli's Bane huh

bold

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I think I just realized that Necro aside, I don't care about any of the new Exotic weapons or armor sets in the least :/ Exotic perk of elemental damage is lackluster and the weapons of those I would ever touch, the reason is because they are/were a strong Legendary ie Genesis Chain~. The armors are new and interesting and do things, those I get, but the mass exoticification is disappointing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Making elemental primaries exotic is a beta test for Destiny 2 to see how players deal with it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Day Break should let us put exotics in every slot.

I mean, why the gently caress not at this point?

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
Anyone hear anything about any benefit if you already have a Necrocasm? I finally got that poo poo like a month before they bumped the light level and basically it was instantly worthless. What a pain in the rear end for nothing.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Day Break should let us put exotics in every slot.

I mean, why the gently caress not at this point?

Daybreak isn't easy mode.

*proceeds to blaze thru NF*

Mr. WTF posted:

Anyone hear anything about any benefit if you already have a Necrocasm? I finally got that poo poo like a month before they bumped the light level and basically it was instantly worthless. What a pain in the rear end for nothing.

Check out this loving braggart.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Been blazin' thru NF for years my friend :2bong:

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

cvnvcnv posted:

Daybreak isn't easy mode.

*proceeds to blaze thru NF*

Check out this loving braggart.

haha bragging how much neckbearding time wasted

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Kings Fall:

Ok, they are not bringing Black Hammer back, but they are keeping Spindle.

Hahahahaha Necrochasm is going to be terrifying now. They're buffing ARs in the spirit of giving Necrochasm its day in the sun.

"Everything is back, everything is powerful, everything is an option."

lol gently caress previous gen so hard

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Making elemental primaries exotic is a beta test for Destiny 2 to see how players deal with it.

With the sheer number of them coming, and the update we had a week back or so boosting the amount and quality of data Bungie collects from gameplay, this really checks out. Yeah, only adding in one or two elemental primaries would make them a temporary distraction or a burn modifier staple like Zhalo but adding in some nearly 20 of them encourages such wider use that they can get a solid grip* on how to handle them moving forward. Good poo poo, man.

*As much as they can having almost no clue what appropriate actions to take with the data they gathered previously

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

cvnvcnv posted:

With the sheer number of them coming, and the update we had a week back or so boosting the amount and quality of data Bungie collects from gameplay, this really checks out. Yeah, only adding in one or two elemental primaries would make them a temporary distraction or a burn modifier staple like Zhalo but adding in some nearly 20 of them encourages such wider use that they can get a solid grip* on how to handle them moving forward. Good poo poo, man.

*As much as they can having almost no clue what appropriate actions to take with the data they gathered previously

Every major update, I see them get better and better at data collection and analysis. I'm kind of happy to have been here through the awkward times because I feel like I contributed in an entirely insignificant and individually meaningless way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol gently caress previous gen so hard

This like 90,000 times over. loving poo poo, what a different game that would have been without lastgen.

• Locked thread