Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

How do I get the materials to awaken prince cup noodles to 6*? Even if I somehow managed to get enough Ifrit points to get all the awakening materials available I will still be short on Calamity Gems. And that is assuming I can get enough points for the prismatic horns, which I have serious doubts on. Are the 6* awakening mats only from events?

They also sometimes show up in the daily special cycle by themselves. 1x for 15k iirc, always buy the daily special.

Thankfully there's a king mog event right around the corner so you should be able to buy your 6* awakening mats then. Look up what you need to awaken any of your up and comers and plan out what to get. King Mog are usually the best for 6* mats too since you can choose what you want and there's a cheap but limited tier and an expensive but unlimited tier if you find that you need a ton of Calamity Gems / Prismatic Horns / Rainbow Blooms / etc.

The Enchanted Maze isn't bad for 6* mats too, but it's slow and heavy RNG.

e: added quote for snypin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Any reason to keep the following units:

Primm
Guy
Leon
Elle (TMR?)
Jack
Shera
Cupid Luna
Tellah
Seven (with out exclusive)

I have some strong units now, I just want a little breathing room. Most of these are event pulls that I have invested little of any exp or time.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

So double gilgamesh chaining with tri-attack is pretty cool.

I would like to do this but every single Gilgamesh I have run into isn't immune to paralysis and thus worthless to bring along.

Also in the future Gilgamesh's Tri Attack becomes a...uh... Dozen(?) Attack. Yeah.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

Primm
Guy
Leon
Elle (TMR?)
Jack
Shera
Cupid Luna
Tellah

I have some strong units now, I just want a little breathing room. Most of these are event pulls that I have invested little of any exp or time.

You have to keep Primm because SoM is awesome.

Other than that I have no opinion because I've only been playing this game for like 2 weeks now!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

hagie posted:

Primm
Guy
Leon
Elle (TMR?)
Jack
Shera
Cupid Luna
Tellah

Leon has a good TM, Shera, Elle, Guy and Tellah have ok TMs. Primm/Cupid Luna aren't obtainable anymore.

Personally, I keep at least one of everything because it only takes 20 lapis to keep a unit, and you never know what will be useful in the future.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

Primm
Guy-Decent TM
Leon-Awesome TM
Elle (TMR?)
Jack
Shera
Cupid Luna-Awesome TM
Tellah

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Do people really think orlandu is gonna break the game values that bad? Because that sounds like a sure fire way to turn a bunch of players off.

After Orlandu was added to the game, bosses suddenly started getting extra holy resist for some reason, so...

hamsystem posted:

https://youtu.be/fQ8_fMMn1p4

I was trying to find a decent video to give people an idea of what Orlandu chains look like.

Did Japan chain their chain messages awhile back or is this guy not using an Orlandu with a holy weapon? Because those HE chains aren't showing as elemental and I really want to believe this person isn't ignoring the biggest factor in Orlandu's damage. :psyduck:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
No idea. I was looking for a different video I had watched before but I couldn't find it that was a much better example.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

Primm
Guy
Leon
Elle (TMR?)
Jack
Shera
Cupid Luna
Tellah

Primm: Can't get her anymore, hang on to her
Guy: is the best HP TMR we have
Leon: god yes you need that TMR
Elle: a very solid HP accessory TMR
Jack: If you wanna cheeselevel limit breaks, this TMR is needed
Shera: if you pulled a bunch his TMR is good filler, otherwise no
Cupid Luna: Accessory with MP regen, yes. yes please. TMR this.
Tellah: nah
Seven: Ribbon effect as a materia, this is necessary in some builds, and very nice to have in general

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Cupid Luna: Accessory with MP regen, yes. yes please. TMR this.

If you have two cupid luna, keep both of her around. She's got surprisingly good stats for a 5 star, and is probably the best character we'll ever get with Chainsaw.

In other news, I have cleared out some old goons from my friends list, and need new, active ones.

If you still haven't got a basic clear of Gilgamesh to get the genji blade, for tomorrow and possibly much of friday, I will have a 100% evade Lightning with status immunity up, equipped with Excalibur and Lad Mirazh (sealing holy and ice). All you need to do is bring her along, get past the third instakill milestone, turn off auto-limit, and then hit auto. She'll take care of the rest, guaranteed. If you can get that far with only 4 other characters, and/or without using items, she will also handle that for you.

My code is:

103, 135, 071 I have at least 10 slots open, and I will keep removing idle goons as long as I have people who want slots.

PS: The reason she's not useful for that purpose after friday is that I'm going to grab that new katana as fast as I can from the event, slam it into her hand, and give her 150% fire resist and 100% evade, so she can solo elite Ifrit as often as people can pull her up on their lists.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 23, 2017

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

NinjaDebugger posted:

If you still haven't got a basic clear of Gilgamesh to get the genji blade, for tomorrow and possibly much of friday, I will have a 100% evade Lightning with status immunity up, equipped with Excalibur and Lad Mirazh (sealing holy and ice). All you need to do is bring her along, get past the third instakill milestone, turn off auto-limit, and then hit auto. She'll take care of the rest, guaranteed. If you can get that far with only 4 other characters, and/or without using items, she will also handle that for you.

I added you (id is Ron), since I haven't completed Gilgamesh yet and this sounds incredibly helpful. I don't think Gilgamesh needs an ice seal, though. Seems like fire or wind would be more beneficial.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

NinjaDebugger posted:

If you have two cupid luna, keep both of her around. She's got surprisingly good stats for a 5 star, and is probably the best character we'll ever get with Chainsaw.

In other news, I have cleared out some old goons from my friends list, and need new, active ones.

My code is:

103, 135, 071 I have at least 10 slots open, and I will keep removing idle goons as long as I have people who want slots.

PS: The reason she's not useful for that purpose after friday is that I'm going to grab that new katana as fast as I can from the event, slam it into her hand, and give her 150% fire resist and 100% evade, so she can solo elite Ifrit as often as people can pull her up on their lists.

Gilgamesh doesn't need Ice sealed, he needs Water, according to the Wiki?

Fire, Lightning, Water, Wind, Earth, Light.

It's still incredibly useful, thank you for helping us!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
maybe it's just bad rng but the last several runs lings breaks just haven't been landing

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
So a daily pull of m'boy Ramza (got him at last!) a little while ago brought me back into this game. Ifrit raid is pretty good stuff!

FC: 007,059,934 . My mighty Gilga-Greg is quite behind the grind (~621 Atk before esper), but if anyone wants him or takes pity on my not-full friends list, add me!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

iloverice posted:

I added you (id is Ron), since I haven't completed Gilgamesh yet and this sounds incredibly helpful. I don't think Gilgamesh needs an ice seal, though. Seems like fire or wind would be more beneficial.

This is a good point, so I put chirijiraden back on her.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Did my half pull just a minute ago after days of not doing it.

Held the phone backwards and to my head and said "gumi Noctis gumi Noctis gumi Noctis"

Got my 2nd Chizuru this week.

Not QUITE what I wanted but I think that's acceptable enough...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
gently caress breaks not landing. "Oh haha sorry, Rain failed to apply ATK break, and so did Noctis. Oops, there goes half your party, GG! Thanks for coming!"

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Not even close, sir.

Alternately, three Shadows are better than one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G05pO2L0Xxo&t=488s

Varance fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 23, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

gently caress breaks not landing. "Oh haha sorry, Rain failed to apply ATK break, and so did Noctis. Oops, there goes half your party, GG! Thanks for coming!"
I somehow managed to get 6 breaks going without a single one hitting Attack. Really annoying.

hagie posted:

Did my half pull just a minute ago after days of not doing it.

Held the phone backwards and to my head and said "gumi Noctis gumi Noctis gumi Noctis"

Got my 2nd Chizuru this week.

Not QUITE what I wanted but I think that's acceptable enough...
2 Chizurus is pretty much the start of a good strategy. Like in that video linked here earlier, you put them both with elemental weapons and use their last skill, Phantom Shadow, to rack up a big chain before finishing with a big ticket single hit ability (from a friend or otherwise), like Firion, Olive, Gilgamesh, etc...
Although given you've started a bit recently I think you missed out on the good elemental fire katana from October.

quote:

6k Battle Hoop [Throwing Weapon]
ATK+38/DEF+10 to +50 ATK/+20 DEF
10% Decrease chance to be targetted. (Soleil Only)

18k Durandal [Greatsword]
(+74 ATK Light Element)

50k Kiyomori [Katana]
(+79 ATK w/ 10% Evade Chance)

15k First Strike [Materia]
(5% Evade Chance & 20% Chance Counter w/ Normal Attack)

15k +15% HP [Materia]

35k +15% MAG [Materia]

10k 1% Trust Moogle [Max: 5]

30k 10% Trust Moogle [Max: 1]

Pffffahaha oh man those 1% Moogle prices! What a loving joke. Even if you play manually and don't use macros you could get 1% on 5 units in like, 30 energy if you're lucky, versus god knows how many runs of the ELT FFT event.

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 23, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Hold up, so are we only getting one 10% moogle now? Holy poo poo they're really dialing them back now. Hopefully we go back to getting a 10% for the monthly rewards instead of this "1% every week and 5% at the end of the month" poo poo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Hold up, so are we only getting one 10% moogle now? Holy poo poo they're really dialing them back now. Hopefully we go back to getting a 10% for the monthly rewards instead of this "1% every week and 5% at the end of the month" poo poo.

Which comes out to 9%. :gumi:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
And the 10% moogle for maintaining a decent Arena ranking, too.

But yeah, I agree.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

HGH posted:

Although given you've started a bit recently I think you missed out on the good elemental fire katana from October.

Yea, I started in beginning of December basically, maybe Thanksgiving so no strong elemental katana at the moment.

Now I'm going to have to do the Mog event for awakening mats...

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally got a rainbow on the last 1/2 pull chance for the banner. Was Emperor :tif:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
22k raidcoins burned because I'm running outta unit space with catgirl mogs: 23 Thancred, 5 Minfilia.

91 Thancred to 12 Minfilia total. Should be time to pull Catgirl via coins soon surely :v:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
At this point I'm selling the Shard of Genius Trust Moogles. No room!

Rambo Giraffe
May 6, 2007
Hey guys, I barely ever post, but I do lurk in this thread and play the poo poo out of this game. I finally have a friend unit that's worth sharing. Had to mooch off of several goons' units in order to beat/unlock a lot of poo poo, so maybe I can help someone else in turn.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've re-tweaked my friend unit Ling to give her a bit more HP, fire resistance and Bushido: Freedom. (thanks, Dana!) Hope this helps!

Really looking forward to not getting Orlandeu tomorrow! :)

Mile'ionaha posted:

Careful with targeting your own squad with Ling: she has ManEater

This is a good point.

With no weapon equipped (she doesn't NEED to attack unless by some miracle you can chain 10 dance steps together without needing a Safety Chakra, or using Bushido: Freedom) her ATK is 199 with Ifrit, as opposed to Cecil's 208 with Golem and no weapon, or 228 with Ifrit (for the fire resistance with the fire mail and shield) and no weapon. Man-Eater brings her effective attack up to 248, sure, but Bushido: Freedom is a risky thing to do anyway, it takes a character out of healing or damaging roles for a turn, which may start the snowball.

Since she's there just to be a mana battery, your healer and off-healer should be able to deal with the damage and, with your buffer, should be able to get things back up to speed quickly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 23, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I should have enough lapis for a 10+1 this weekend. Do I go for Orlandeu, or do I go for the players choice to try and get Greg. Considering I have everything else from the player choice already I suppose that the Tactics one is probably better to draw on? So many hard decisions.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

I should have enough lapis for a 10+1 this weekend. Do I go for Orlandeu, or do I go for the players choice to try and get Greg. Considering I have everything else from the player choice already I suppose that the Tactics one is probably better to draw on? So many hard decisions.

Could do the tactics one if you dont care about non rainbow pulls and get some banner units for event bonus. Otherwise i say dont bother and just daily pull

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I just got my Firion maxed and not even fully loaded for war, and his Fin Briar breaks 30k on Pro Ifrit with no breaks applied.

It's not Olive levels of damage, but impressive without double hand or dual wield.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've re-tweaked my friend unit Ling to give her a bit more HP, fire resistance and Bushido: Freedom. (thanks, Dana!) Hope this helps!

Really looking forward to not getting Orlandeu tomorrow! :)

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Gentlemen, the end is nigh.

edit: So what was everyone's haul off the PC banner? I did 7 dailies, 10 tickets, and nabbed 2 Zidanes and 2 Cecils. Pretty decent set of pulls. Got my 8th Mustadio too...

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 23, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mile'ionaha posted:

Learned this the hard way on Ifrit Elite, couldn't understand why Ling was destroying my party and Cecil just a dent.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

dangerous.hotdog posted:

edit: So what was everyone's haul off the PC banner? I did 7 dailies, 10 tickets, and nabbed 2 Zidanes and 2 Cecils. Pretty decent set of pulls. Got my 8th Mustadio too...

In my 2 10+1 pulls, and dailies, I got 1 of everything from the PC banner except Greg, which makes me sad. He is one of my favorite FF characters, and his TMR is really nice.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I got a noctis on my first ever 11-pull. I think everything is downhill after this.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dockworker posted:

I got a noctis on my first ever 11-pull. I think everything is downhill after this.

They come in threes, have faith.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dockworker posted:

Good lord. Congrats on your obscene luck!

Khisanth Magus posted:

In my 2 10+1 pulls, and dailies, I got 1 of everything from the PC banner except Greg, which makes me sad. He is one of my favorite FF characters, and his TMR is really nice.

That's some pretty obscene luck too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This banner has been pretty generous with Noodles, my wife snagged him on ticket 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Cartoon Man posted:

This banner has been pretty generous with Noodles, my wife snagged him on ticket 25.

I did two 10+1 pulls, all my dailies and about 8 tickets and got my first Greg, second Queen (???) and somehow ZERO Zidanes. I have absolutely no idea how that happened. :negative:

• Locked thread