Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electromax
May 6, 2007
Really extreme forms of experimental exercise:
Tough Mudder
Color Run
Hot Power Yoga
veganism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Mods, request name change to Tough Mudder.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That man's terrible ideas about young people have made him millions more than anyone here will ever have.

I wish I could say it's nbd but honest to blog it's pretty upsetting.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

That man's terrible ideas about young people have made him millions more than anyone here will ever have.
He's still nowhere near as bad as AOL's millennial tech weirdo:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought the lead singer for Dead or Alive died, apparently he works for aol now.

Like how people keep getting ecoli at though mudders because the jocks who make the track don't notice the animal poo poo getting mixed in.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

parallelodad posted:

Well he wasn't wrong about 2/3 of that email. The electro EDM fight was one of the better scenes in the film, and tons of films do a Snapchat cross promotion now where they send you character stories or new filters.

The EDM fight in ASM2 was a loud fart amongst a giant pile of a poo poo, so that's not saying much. And I'm like 95% sure he meant implementing snapchat into the actual movie, not as some viral ARG thing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
As much as I hate reading that email, i just wonder how I can trip my way into such a position.

I'll go fetch your lattes if it means I can spout useless poo poo and get paid for it. Here, look:

quote:

Matrix Thoughts

Hey Becky,

I couldn't use my laptop on the flight from SFO to LAX. Gotta live these new enhanced security measures, right? Writing on paper was so delightfully retro it got me thinking...

* Maybe the protagonist in Matrix Rebooted could be a kind of Luddite Hipster character. Collects old cameras, likes sending letters, has a fancy fountain pen, loves Vinyl. Make him really awkward around technology to connect with the older generation?

* I was thinking we could place this film, chronologically, before The Matrix as a kind of stealth prequel. instead of the Agents, we could be fighting a group of terrorists that are later revealed to be Morpheus' crew. That would lead to some great divided loyalties, with our main ultimately sacrificing himself so that Morph lives on. He could be one of the failed One's that Morph chased after!

* Speaking of Morpheus', could we give the crew a Superhero inspired wardrobe? Maybe something like X-Men if we're married to the leather idea.

* Let's not repeat the problems with social media campaigns that GitS had. How about we place Matrix related objects in physical real world locations. Say, hide a newspaper article in a cassette tape in a secondhand store.

* With the renewed interested in VR, maybe we could tie some of that into the film. Maybe it can be an Easter egg as an early Matrix? Maybe make the Matrix into a kind of virtual social MMORPG network?

* What does marketing say about Happy Meal promos? Or maybe special Starbucks cups?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

As much as I hate reading that email, i just wonder how I can trip my way into such a position.

I'll go fetch your lattes if it means I can spout useless poo poo and get paid for it. Here, look:

I literally can't tell if you made this up or pulled this from a leaked email

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

FilthyImp posted:

* I was thinking we could place this film, chronologically, before The Matrix as a kind of stealth prequel. instead of the Agents, we could be fighting a group of terrorists that are later revealed to be Morpheus' crew. That would lead to some great divided loyalties, with our main ultimately sacrificing himself so that Morph lives on. He could be one of the failed One's that Morph chased after

Maybe I don't have any taste but... I kind of like that one :)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

THR is reporting that Michael Shannon is currently the frontrunner to play Cable. The only other name they mention in contention is David Harbour. I'd be fine with either actually but I think maybe for one time only I might actually favor Harbour for a for the role over Shannon. Since his name was first mentioned I've just thought David Harbour would fit the role really well.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

X-O posted:

THR is reporting that Michael Shannon is currently the frontrunner to play Cable. The only other name they mention in contention is David Harbour. I'd be fine with either actually but I think maybe for one time only I might actually favor Harbour for a for the role over Shannon. Since his name was first mentioned I've just thought David Harbour would fit the role really well.

Brad Pitt's name was getting thrown around briefly too. Might still be a surprise, it's worth mentioning that none of the actresses rumored fro Domino ended up getting the role, and I don't recall Zazie beetz mentioned anywhere before her announcement.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

Agreed, I think he would be perfect for it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If he gets Cable he'll have completed a pretty massive breakout. Before Stranger Things I remember him mostly as a "that guy" from a ton of TV shows.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

zoux posted:

If he gets Cable he'll have completed a pretty massive breakout. Before Stranger Things I remember him mostly as a "that guy" from a ton of TV shows.

So he'll pull a Cranston?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, I don't think he'll ever win a role so seminal as Zordon, The Floating Head from Power Rangers or The Guy That Is Way Overbilled in Godzilla, but I wish him the best.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is the Power Rangers movie expected to be huge? I haven't seen that much excitement about it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh want Shannon and Harbour equally for the role. Can't we do timeline fuckery and have both?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

twistedmentat posted:

Is the Power Rangers movie expected to be huge? I haven't seen that much excitement about it.

I think it's tracking at 30-40 million? Its one of those movies with a diverse cast that will make most of its money overseas. They've done a decent job promoting it in general I think.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh want Shannon and Harbour equally for the role. Can't we do timeline fuckery and have both?

Timeline fuckery? In a Cable story?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just make Shannon Stryfe

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

zoux posted:

Timeline fuckery? In a Cable story?

Maybe we can add a Summer as the token mutant for the movie so it makes sense!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Maybe we can add a Summer as the token mutant for the movie so it makes sense!

Alright, but we don't have the budget for any good Summers brothers, so Jason Mewes as Adam X.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Sony is apparently developing a Silver Sable/Black Cat movie alongside their Spidey-free Venom movie showing they learned NOTHING from the last round of movies and will gently caress up whatever goodwill Homecoming regains them almost immediately.

I'm really surprised Disney did not insist on some level of creative oversight for potential spinoffs so Sony doesn't gently caress their brand up. You would think the MCU movies would've done a movie with Venom eventually if they weren't rushing this and then it would've made sense to do a spinoff.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 23, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Silver Sable could actually benefit from being not tied to the existing universe. As a concept it lends itself well to being its own thing. Black Cat I'm not as convinced on. But at least both are not intrinsically tied to Spider-Man the way Venom is.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Who needs Black Cat in a Silver Sable movie? I get that they only have characters from the Spider-Man roster to pull from but surely there's someone better for a mercenary story.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lobok posted:

Who needs Black Cat in a Silver Sable movie? I get that they only have characters from the Spider-Man roster to pull from but surely there's someone better for a mercenary story.

Like the chameleon who is literally a super spy?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Chameleon would be a pretty cool movie villain. It probably asks a lot of the cast though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Black Cat's been heavily pushed in the comics as a villain lately, I can't help but feel that's because they're raising her profile for films.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lobok posted:

I say bring on Rocket Racer and Puma!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

parallelodad posted:

Like the chameleon who is literally a super spy?

Kraven?

He's not a spy, but as far as spin offs go, In the age of Trump I could totally see that working. Dude just sets up his own reality TV show and hunts and kills people every other weekday.

Then he goes on Dancing With the Stars after he runs out of people to hunt.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I think you guys are missing the obvious long con. Sony is cooperating with Disney and allowing them to use Peter Parker....but as we all know, PETER PARKER ISN'T THE REAL PETER PARKER.

Ben Reilly
The Spectacular Scarlet Spider
Coming Summer 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who has the right for Miles? Is it Sony? Just do a Miles movie.

(I really want a Miles movie)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I'm excited for the launch of the Clone Cinematic Universe (CCU)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Who has the right for Miles? Is it Sony? Just do a Miles movie.

(I really want a Miles movie)

Sony has the rights to all live-action Spider-Man movies.

So, it would come down to whether Mile Morales was a separate entity from Spider-Man. Since Marvel constantly marketed Morales as Spider-Man, they would almost certainly lose any legal challenge claiming that Miles is not actually Spider-Man.

They could release an animated Mile Morales movie, though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'm excited for the launch of the Clone Cinematic Universe (CCU)

It's been happening this entire time.

Maguire and Garfield were both clones all along, and Homecoming will reveal that we've been in the Clone Saga since 2002.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They could release an animated Mile Morales movie, though.

They are aren't they?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

howe_sam posted:

They are aren't they?

Yeah, the animated movie in development is rumored to be a Miles project.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dacap posted:

Yeah, the animated movie in development is rumored to be a Miles project.

As long as they don't have Donald Glover voice a 13 year old again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

Sony is apparently developing a Silver Sable/Black Cat movie alongside their Spidey-free Venom movie showing they learned NOTHING from the last round of movies and will gently caress up whatever goodwill Homecoming regains them almost immediately.

I'm really surprised Disney did not insist on some level of creative oversight for potential spinoffs so Sony doesn't gently caress their brand up. You would think the MCU movies would've done a movie with Venom eventually if they weren't rushing this and then it would've made sense to do a spinoff.

The last "round" was 1 movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Roth posted:

It's been happening this entire time.

Maguire and Garfield were both clones all along, and Homecoming will reveal that we've been in the Clone Saga since 2002.

I'm gonna say it right now. If Maguire pops in to be Ben and Garfield is...I dunno, Kaine I guess, I'll be there opening night. I'll go see it 10 times at full price.

• Locked thread