Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

I saw Kreator? Death Angel? Is there some kind of contest going on? I hope your metal day goes ok.

You're just posting like a doofus is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

A human heart posted:

You're just posting like a doofus is all

Good luck figuring it all out, you'll get there.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A human heart posted:

A lot of the more 'underground' bands don't really do crowd banter or stuff like that, and with bestial type bands it would kind of undercut the effect they're going for to have them just talk normally in between songs.

I like the MGLA style of crowdwork.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Spanish Manlove posted:

I like the MGLA style of crowdwork.

MGLA? more like MLYP

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oldstench posted:

"This is a song about war"
BZHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"This is a song about goat blood worship"
BZHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"This is a song about Satan"
BZHHHHHHHHHHHH

When Revenge played at Saint Vitus all the lights were on, and it was like this

BZHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*silence*

*crowd looks around at each other*

BZHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*silence*

*the band stares menacingly for 20 seconds or so*

BZHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
please only discuss stage banter from the authorized list of Really Good And Not Gay Metal Bands That I Like

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

murked by dragon posted:

please only discuss stage banter from the authorized list of Really Good And Not Gay Metal Bands That I Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzWrgcACrPo

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

When i saw Norther they told us how excited they were to be in London.
We were in Birmingham.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
best banter i ever witnessed was SOD.

billy milano is a shithead but he was a great frontman.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Not many metal bands have good banter but death metal vocalists speaking normally between songs is highly amusing to me. Especially Ross Dolan because he has a Yonkers accent.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

When Inquisition played here last year Dagon stopped in between songs and said in his normal voice how he had really enjoyed his visit which was kind of neat I guess. there was also the D666 show where KK Warslut said 'this next song is dedicated to Angela Merkel, it's called Traitor'.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Jeff Walker from Carcass did some pretty funny self-deprecating banter when I saw them a few years ago. I can't remember any other bands really talking.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 23, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Faffel posted:

Jeff Walker did some pretty funny self-deprecating banter when I saw them a few years ago. I can't remember any other bands really talking.

He's really funny actually.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
By far, the best stage presence between songs that I've ever heard was Morgirion. It was a private show, the incense could be smelled from outside, and the other bands said nothing between songs. One of them blasted the fog machine so hard I couldn't see the my hands. Morgirion played very intense and tight black metal, with extensive introductions to each and every song, approximately as such:

"This is a song we wrote 465 years ago, about summoning the ancient ones, about the destruction of false idols, and the vengeance of the damned. It is called.... Breaking... the Law!"

"This is a song about utter disregard for all authority! This is Breaking the Law!"

"This next one, it is a song about hell, a song about purification through fire, it is entitled: Breaking the Law!"

Every song.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Zodijackylite posted:

By far, the best stage presence between songs that I've ever heard was Morgirion. It was a private show, the incense could be smelled from outside, and the other bands said nothing between songs. One of them blasted the fog machine so hard I couldn't see the my hands. Morgirion played very intense and tight black metal, with extensive introductions to each and every song, approximately as such:

"This is a song we wrote 465 years ago, about summoning the ancient ones, about the destruction of false idols, and the vengeance of the damned. It is called.... Breaking... the Law!"

"This is a song about utter disregard for all authority! This is Breaking the Law!"

"This next one, it is a song about hell, a song about purification through fire, it is entitled: Breaking the Law!"

Every song.

That is pretty drat funny, awesome.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Howdy, whaddayouse guys think about Royal Hunt? DC Cooper is one of my favorite vocalists, but Time and Clown in the Mirror are really good too.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

muike posted:

MGLA? more like MLYP

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zodijackylite posted:

Every song.

reminds me of the only time dream theater has ever been remotely entertaining

quote:

In mid-1990, at a gig in New York, Dream Theater introduced Steve Stone as their new singer. Stone had successfully recorded demos with Dream Theater, but he was fired following a single, ill-fated live performance. According to Mike Portnoy, Stone moved around the stage in a rather odd manner, seemingly doing a bad impression of Bruce Dickinson. Additionally, he shouted "Scream for me Long Beach!" several times throughout the show (Dickinson can be heard saying this on Iron Maiden's live album Live After Death), although they were actually performing in Bayshore.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Dave Brockie was the king of stage banter and I don't think anyone will ever take that crown.

edit: Three years today, holy poo poo. Mourn ya 'til I join ya, Oderus.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I saw Dragonforce several years ago and while the music didn't really work live, their banter was loving hysterical.

At one point they did the "Pause playing and point the singer's mic at the audience for them to sing a bit" thing, but they did it so randomly and unexpectedly that absolutely no one made a goddamn peep. Then after a bit of joking the vocalist went "Shall we continue the song or skip to the next one?" and the guitarist replied "Who gives a poo poo, they all sound the same anyway".

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

I once saw a little grindcore band play, I think it might have been Ebolie but it was at least ten years ago so my memory is hazy. A drunk guy up at the stage kept screaming "take it off" all through the set. The guitarist had a prosthetic leg, but this drunk guy was the only guy close enough to notice. After a sustained period of heckling, the vocalist got the guitarist to sit down and pop off his leg, ran over to the bar, and got them to fill it with beer. Then he made the drunk guy skull beer out of the guitarist's prosthetic leg while the drummer and the bass player played that jingle they play at baseball games on the organ that starts slow but gets faster until it climaxes with "DANANA NA NA NAAAA!"

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

reminds me of the only time dream theater has ever been remotely entertaining

It's simply a crime that dream theater fired that guy

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkJzWQHhJD8

new CUT UP album up on utube, get ur fill

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Mr. Pickles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkJzWQHhJD8

new CUT UP album up on utube, get ur fill

But Vomitory already has like, 7 albums or something.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcJ3T6WE1C8

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

It's just rereleases of their first 3 albums as a collector's package, as far as I know, not actually a new album, unfortunately.

I want new Slugdge so bad.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I once saw a little grindcore band play, I think it might have been Ebolie but it was at least ten years ago so my memory is hazy. A drunk guy up at the stage kept screaming "take it off" all through the set. The guitarist had a prosthetic leg, but this drunk guy was the only guy close enough to notice. After a sustained period of heckling, the vocalist got the guitarist to sit down and pop off his leg, ran over to the bar, and got them to fill it with beer. Then he made the drunk guy skull beer out of the guitarist's prosthetic leg while the drummer and the bass player played that jingle they play at baseball games on the organ that starts slow but gets faster until it climaxes with "DANANA NA NA NAAAA!"

It's cool to imagine that 'little grindcore band' means that all the members were tiny

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I once saw Danzig playing a lovely show and some guy heckled him hard so he jump off the stage, punched the guy three times and then proceeded to play a great show.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I watched a guy on a pub crawl in Halifax do the same thing once. Weird.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A human heart posted:

It's cool to imagine that 'little grindcore band' means that all the members were tiny

my old roommate once told me his dream was to manage a reggae band whose members are all little people

he was gonna call it tiny kingston

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nordick posted:

I saw Dragonforce several years ago and while the music didn't really work live, their banter was loving hysterical.

At one point they did the "Pause playing and point the singer's mic at the audience for them to sing a bit" thing, but they did it so randomly and unexpectedly that absolutely no one made a goddamn peep. Then after a bit of joking the vocalist went "Shall we continue the song or skip to the next one?" and the guitarist replied "Who gives a poo poo, they all sound the same anyway".

Dragonforce is real fun in general it sucks I ended up so burned on them through high school

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Danny LaFever posted:

I once saw Danzig playing a lovely show and some guy heckled him hard so he jump off the stage, punched the guy three times and then proceeded to play a great show.

I have trouble with this because it involves Danzig winning a fight.

Anyways, my sole disappointment when I saw the Melvins play was that Buzz didn't say a word. He can be a real funny dude at times. I did, however chuckle when Barney from Napalm Death assured us that their replacement guitarist for the tour was not, in fact, a juggalo despite the dreadlocks (prompting a WTF from said guitarist, which just served to make the comment funnier.).

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Slugdge bundled all three of their albums into one release, and you can name your price for the digital version. Which you should do, because Slugdge.

https://slugdge.bandcamp.com/album/the-cosmic-cornucopia-2

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
https://youtu.be/b0NQdk0Er5A

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Renounce degeneracy? gently caress these squares.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
how volkisch

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Thanks to whoever mentioned Persefone and their having a track with Paul Masvidal. They are very my poo poo. Can never have enough good widdly stuff in my collection.

Also checked out Lunar Shadow - Far From Light.
They're a Cruz del Sur band and should tell you everything you need to know. Rather an old school sound and lots of riffs, though the logo makes them look like a black metal band.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I just listened to Mgła for the first time the other day.

:worship:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

I just listened to Mgła for the first time the other day.

:worship:

exercises in futility rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Exactly the album I checked out. It loving owns.