Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Starshark posted:

Should a Democrat get in the next election (which I'm not assuming for a moment, but bear with me here) the cartoonists will blame them for the economy being in a shambles on 20 January 2021 at 12:01am.

"'Give him a chance'? I don't recall ever saying that about Trump. I just remember applauding when he fixed everything instantly. :smug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Starshark posted:

Should a Democrat get in the next election (which I'm not assuming for a moment, but bear with me here) the cartoonists will blame them for the economy being in a shambles on 20 January 2021 at 12:01am.

"Well, we just decided to go ahead and move the swearing in to midnight, since the skies are always black nowadays".

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Starshark posted:

"Oh great, another Democrat. When are we gonna get a Republican in? We haven't had one since Reagan." *nose begins to bleed from massive cognitive dissonance*

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Somfin posted:

"Oh great, another Democrat. When are we gonna get a Republican in? We haven't had one since Reagan." *nose begins to bleed from massive cognitive dissonance*

*posts a picture of donald and Melania on Facebook with a caption reading "Remember when the ADULTS were in charge?", ears start bleeding as well*

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Starshark posted:

Hell, before that. In 2008, some people were blaming Obama for the economy before he even got elected, claiming businesses were panicked that he might win.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Angular Cyrus posted:

It doesn't exist, because Tinsley never bothered to draw it. Instead, he did four strips of people talking about how it should happen.

I like how people like Tinsley simultaneously hold up Walmart as a core part of the "real" american experience while railing against globalism, NAFTA, and the abandonment of middle america.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Looking forward to 2-4 years from now when conservatives are acting like Trump Was Always bad and they NEVER supported him.

They did the same thing with Bush, bemoaning that Republicans needed a True Conservative and Bush being a dastardly RINO is what led to Obama's victory. Please ignore the eight consecutive years of rear end-kissing and cheer-leading.

As long as we can skip the step a few years later when liberals forget all the atrocities and just see a kind old man trying his hand at painting.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Somfin posted:

E: also lol why would hell respect the greenback you fuckin' idiot

Uh because obviously Fiat money is backed by the full faith and credit of the Infernal Kingdom of Satan :tinfoil:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oh? Which token resigned?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Quorum posted:

Uh because obviously Fiat money is backed by the full faith and credit of the Infernal Kingdom of Satan :tinfoil:

I'm sure the Prince of Lies is a fan of fiat money--but his true love is BitCoin.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Fixed your spelling Michaelp

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

nerd plus rage posted:

Fixed your spelling Michaelp

The trump tweet spelled it tapp

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia: First Dog on the Moon:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xander77 posted:

So, any parts that fall off people, accidental-like, are good eating?

I get probated for one loving week and this thread has already descended into cannibalism?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Every once in a while I stumble across a cartoon I like in this thread.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Cool Johnny Hart tribute.

Yeah poor, infirm and elderly: just get your relatives to buy you food! Jeez! Also you lazy paraplegics just need to walk it off and hey, deaf people, have you tried talking louder?

"Haunted mansion"? Russian? $95 million?
So, being the curious type I looked it up:

quote:

In 2008, Dmitry Rybolovlev bought the Palm Beach mansion owned by Trump for $13 million more than the most expensive Palm Beach mansion sale up to that moment.

quote:

In 2008, Rybolovlev characterized the purchase as a company investment: “This acquisition is simply an investment in real estate by one of the companies in which I have an interest,” Rybolovlev said at the time through a spokesman for Uralkali, the fertilizer company he previously owned.
Rybolovlev added that he didn’t plan to live in the United States.
Nonetheless, he went ahead and paid an exceptionally high, $50 million premium to Trump, then a real estate tycoon and reality TV host, for a property he never sought to live in, not even on a part-time basis.
But the mystery is swiftly solved:

quote:

Rybolovlev had disavowed any interest in the property during his messy divorce from now-ex-wife, Elena.
In her 2009 lawsuit, Elena said Dmitry “has a history of secreting and transferring assets in order to avoid his obligations” — including the payments to her as part of their divorce.

quote:

In 2011, court documents in his divorce stated that “Mr. Rybolovlev has not purchased or managed any real estate in Florida for investment purposes, either directly or indirectly,” according to a motion filed in the divorce case.
That was news to Trump.
“Somebody paid me $100 million,” Trump told a Palm Beach Post reporter in February 2011.

quote:

At various times in court records, Rybolovlev said the house was for investment purposes, then said it would be for his children, or maybe an inheritance, or it might be used in connection with his daughter because she was an equestrian, according to Newman.
Trump was simply helping a billionaire to hide assets from his wife in a divorce! Nothing sinister at all!

quote:

Trump made a hefty profit on the flip: He had scooped up the estate for $41.35 million in 2004 out of health-care magnate Abe Gosman’s bankruptcy filing. In essence, Trump sold for more than double what he had paid four years before.
Before the Trump sale, which at the time was the highest price paid for any single-family home in the country, the most expensive home sold on Palm Beach had been an estate at 1236 S. Ocean Blvd. That property traded hands for $81.5 million earlier in 2008.

Jesus, I bet at secret billionaire meeting they invite Trump to watch him eat worms for the promise of "being his best friend".

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 22, 2017

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!
How many people here read the wall of text passing itself off as a cartoon called First Dog on the Moon?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Ranter posted:

How many people here read the wall of text passing itself off as a cartoon called First Dog on the Moon?

I do when I'm actually on my computer rather than phone posting, and when I'm feeling like reading a lot. So rarely.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
4chan has officially given Ben Garrison Stockholm syndrome.

https://twitter.com/grrrgraphics/status/844674787641217024

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Ranter posted:

I do. The writing's quite good. I mean, they used the word "oleaginous".

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Ranter posted:

I'm certainly more likely to read it than I am other, similarly wall-of-text-y comics I come across in the wild.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Are there any cartoons about Touchdown Tom being best-best buddies with Trump?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wall of text is fine if it actually contains multiple densely packed points. It's not like this is Mr. Fish level stuff where you can stop by the 5th word and get everything the comic has to say.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
"hat tip to 4chan"

It's hard to get more Garrisony than that.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
If Dog On The Moon was just text i'd probably also enjoy reading it just as a comedy editorial piece so the addition of pictures just adds to it really.

Farking Bastage posted:

is there a witty and/or nazi secret code reason why the lines of the crossing are all off and weird? if anyone has a barcode scanner on hand scan it and see if it says anything about muslims

e: oh of course it's clearly morse code for Q LTFE, now it all makes sense

Angepain fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 23, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
garrison gets the word out any way he can: the attack was masterminded by queen latifah

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ranter posted:

I quite like First Dog and I'm glad to have it back.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Selachian posted:

I quite like First Dog and I'm glad to have it back.

I like it too and am sick of the whinging whenever a toon has more than a line of text (hello, Mr Fish) but there's just no stopping it along with the 'why are there labels on this cartoon'?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!
I look forward to scrolling past the First Dog comic pointing out whingers whinging about other whingers.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Starshark posted:

I like it too and am sick of the whinging whenever a toon has more than a line of text (hello, Mr Fish) but there's just no stopping it along with the 'why are there labels on this cartoon'?

And it's brother, "help I can't figure this cartoon out there are no labels".

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Farking Bastage posted:

When making the windmill gif I learned that image googling Ben Garrison results in pictures of him edited into nazi uniforms pretty much from the get go, and I guess he's fine with that now. The conversion is finally complete.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Starving Wolf posted:

When making the windmill gif I learned that image googling Ben Garrison results in pictures of him edited into nazi uniforms pretty much from the get go, and I guess he's fine with that now. The conversion is finally complete.

The anti-semitic imagery was always there, it turns out

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Improbable Lobster posted:

The anti-semitic imagery was always there, it turns out

He spent so long trying to find the Nazis. But it turns out the real nazi was inside him all along.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fulchrum posted:

He spent so long trying to find the Nazis. But it turns out the real nazi was inside him all along.

I thought Mil was a catcher not a pitcher.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Spun Dog posted:

Every once in a while I stumble across a cartoon I like in this thread.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Are there any cartoons about Touchdown Tom being best-best buddies with Trump?

let me make you guys a little conflicted

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/844360743722110978

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

SomeMathGuy posted:

I'm certainly more likely to read it than I am other, similarly wall-of-text-y comics I come across in the wild.

Yeah, I'll read a hundred first dogs before I read a Tom Tomorrow.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

Trump was simply helping a billionaire to hide assets from his wife in a divorce! Nothing sinister at all!

Jesus, I bet at secret billionaire meeting they invite Trump to watch him eat worms for the promise of "being his best friend".

That's the same guy who bought the most expensive apartment in New York as his daughters part-time collage pad, for the same reasons (it's in her name). Also that mansion was crazy (random interior flooring choices such as cobblestone IIRC) and there is no evidence Trump or the billionaire ever even set foot in the place before it was eventually demolished.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Well, I'm quite willing to suspect him of perjury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'll read first dog once in a blue moon, and far more than a chick tract or a Tom Tommorrow. Tom the Dancing Bug is as wall of text as I like, except for that solid old Ted Rall Ebert Edit.

• Locked thread