Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gently caress yeah, Single Dad time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

SLOSifl posted:

*clears throat*

Waterghazi

Pissghazi

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Some light treason

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Gringostar posted:

no poo poo

but to think the kochs are somehow trying to save obamacare by killing the ahca because they actually give a gently caress about anyone is dumb

they're trying to kill the ahca because it's a loyalty test that will yank the tea party away from their control and into trumps

it's literally the plot of trading places where two rich assholes fight over a dumb idea... only there's no eddie murphy and we're all going to be aykroyd

i mean i'd argue that they're trying to kill the AHCA because the eventual collapse of the healthcare industry would make all their money worthless but i'm not entirely against your idea either

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

:piaa:ghazi

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

reminder that mark cuban and the guy gordon gecko was based off of have been arguing for progressive economics for a while now because:

a) a healthy middle class means more money for them in the long run
b) a collapse in the government makes their billions in fiat currently worthless
c) the safety net is the only thing keeping them from getting lynched

the sane ones know this, it's just that right wing politics has been running on talk radio ideology for thirty years, and a majority of right-wing politicians are now fully hydrated with that kool-aid, and actually believe that tax cuts will improve the economy, and cutting safety nets will make people more productive, at least to the same level that fundamentalist christians believe their stuff (which is, they may have doubts internally, but they'd never let it show, and certainly will never act as if they doubted for a second)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

triple sulk posted:

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/844712363144175619

Lol I love hearing and seeing the word Watergate be used

YellowWaterGate

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSCXwHEG0_w

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i cant wait for pissgate

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

captains log, stardate X0215

matterulon six is ruining my life, i have suddenly contracted every known form of space aids

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Solarin posted:

I liked this description of Spicy

lmao that's amazing

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Release the tape putin , your puppet is losing his power quickly

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yinlock posted:

captains log, stardate X0215

matterulon six is ruining my life, i have suddenly contracted every known form of space aids

Captain, we're being hailed

It's piss

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
The chance of Donald Trump living in Moscow as American President-in-Exile is now greater than 0%.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dolash posted:

If you're waiting for the police and army to throw in with The People, you'll be waiting a long goddamn time. Not to mention that fewer and fewer of them are needed all the time, especially thanks to technological improvements that give them an insurmountable advantage over the average protester. Throw one molotov cocktail and that's pretty much permission to clear a street by force.

There is no violent revolution or uprising for America no matter how bad things get. Things had to go completely to poo poo in Ukraine for Kyiv to flip and they were using lovely soviet-era equipment and tactics and made just about every wrong decision possible, and America couldn't even sustain the Occupy movement nevermind a months-long Euromaidan.

people are thinking about challenging the government which is the symptom of a problem

people need to challenge corporate oligarchs living in sky towers and to have a successful revolution is to bleed them dry where they no longer have worker drones pulling in money for them. You'd have to get everyone to quit their jobs all at once simultaneously to see some serious bleed out of their own war funds, and you should do it quick before the robots descend on you and kick you off the labor force because then you're just trash and your corporate masters have already levied the one thing they wanted from you, your swords into plowshares.

I said I wanted an oreo mcflurry thanks

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lol Trump is president

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LehNm4VVqJI

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/844560099083464706

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

triple sulk posted:

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/844712363144175619

Lol I love hearing and seeing the word Watergate be used

Is stuff beginning to matter?
Have we found our Mattergate?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

What did the president know and when did he know it?

His compatriots are way way way too slimy to not rat Trump the gently caress out.

slow down here, who are these cum patriots

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

Lol Trump is president

A thought I have at least once a day.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chris Matthews will not retire until Trump resigns or is impeached.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

people are thinking about challenging the government which is the symptom of a problem

people need to challenge corporate oligarchs living in sky towers and to have a successful revolution is to bleed them dry where they no longer have worker drones pulling in money for them. You'd have to get everyone to quit their jobs all at once simultaneously to see some serious bleed out of their own war funds, and you should do it quick before the robots descend on you and kick you off the labor force because then you're just trash and your corporate masters have already levied the one thing they wanted from you, your swords into plowshares.

I said I wanted an oreo mcflurry thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srkm5oWFwiQ

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Why does the entertaining nonsense start happening around the time I need to start thinking about sleeping

The curse of daycrew

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

lol no

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Spicey: we have evidence, on tape, that Obama tapped out wires

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who is coordinating the slow trickle of leaks
Is it comey ?

This slow truckle has been pretty effective

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kaysteiger/status/844700962048659456

:psyboom:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

eonwe posted:

i cant wait for pissgate

Pisswatergate

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shugojin posted:

Why does the entertaining nonsense start happening around the time I need to start thinking about sleeping

The curse of daycrew

Speaking of which, shouldn't the CBO score come out tonight?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

When you play the game of piss, you either win... and I'm going to win, by the way. Did you see my numbers? Biggest win since Aegon I. I've been told that - I don't know if that's true, but that's what they're saying. And we're going to have tremendous tourney, folks. Just huge, lots of wine. Lots of boar. We're also going to build up the wall, folks, and we're going to use the Night King's blood magic to do it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Please pay attention only to the tapes existence and not their content

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Augus posted:

it won't by tomorrow but right now we're in the Matter Zone, a magical space where things matter

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Business Gorillas posted:

i mean i'd argue that they're trying to kill the AHCA because the eventual collapse of the healthcare industry would make all their money worthless but i'm not entirely against your idea either

why would they care, they don't have any investments in healthcare

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dolash posted:

If you're waiting for the police and army to throw in with The People, you'll be waiting a long goddamn time. Not to mention that fewer and fewer of them are needed all the time, especially thanks to technological improvements that give them an insurmountable advantage over the average protester. Throw one molotov cocktail and that's pretty much permission to clear a street by force.

There is no violent revolution or uprising for America no matter how bad things get. Things had to go completely to poo poo in Ukraine for Kyiv to flip and they were using lovely soviet-era equipment and tactics and made just about every wrong decision possible, and America couldn't even sustain the Occupy movement nevermind a months-long Euromaidan.

i think its pretty fair that the chance of a Sanders Liberation Front is about the same as the Trumpenreich (0%)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Augus posted:

The mattering will only be apparent in retrospect. Decades from now, as we climb out of the ashes we will be able to look back at a day and say that us, that's the day things mattered.

Today is not that day.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tragic: the mattering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lol this owns. Do it Ryan do it