Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Jesus Tapdancing Christ! This video describes the Shitizens to a "T". I mean, I have heard some really great descriptions. Hell, I have come up with a few of my own. But this? This is scary how much it describes them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

There is just no loving way I am going to read that for free.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Chris Roberts: I don't think we'll let players just construct space stations, but it would be cool if you could like "take posession" of one and make it your base.

Insane Retard: *writes 55,000 words on how he wants space station construction to work in Star Citizen anyway*

:golfclap:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

DapperDon posted:

Jesus Tapdancing Christ! This video describes the Shitizens to a "T". I mean, I have heard some really great descriptions. Hell, I have come up with a few of my own. But this? This is scary how much it describes them.

Kinda difficult to tell if that guy has lost his marbles though, as they are obviously right there racing down the track :D

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

So it turns out Ben Lesnick didn't need any twitter messages to his wife by one of our resident mongoloids to motivate him to work on wing commander poo poo, imagine that

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ayn Marx posted:

So it turns out Ben Lesnick didn't need any twitter messages to his wife by one of our resident mongoloids to motivate him to work on wing commander poo poo, imagine that

While right, technically everything he is currently gushing over has nothing to do with the $10k he crowd funded and then forgot about

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Kinda difficult to tell if that guy has lost his marbles though, as they are obviously right there racing down the track :D

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:siren::siren:Another annoying alert about the dog competition:siren::siren:

Kayak is now 70 points behind first. I've toxxed to 'adopt' a tagged lemon shark with my donation to the Bimini Biological Field Station if he wins and that means the thread gets to name it something stupid like Derek Smart Was Right or Shark Citizen or even something macabre like naming it Star Citizen The Shark and seeing which one dies first.

Do the needful, commandos

Also I promise I'll stop spamming this poo poo soon.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Kayak is now 70 points behind first. I've toxxed to 'adopt' a tagged lemon shark with my donation to the Bimini Biological Field Station if he wins and that means the thread gets to name it something stupid like Derek Smart Was Right or Shark Citizen or even something macabre like naming it Star Citizen The Shark and seeing which one dies first.

Dont stop spamming this.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

DapperDon posted:

But I'd bet he hasn't spent as much money on his marbles than the Shiizen whales on their jpegs. And at least he is obsessed with tangible objects that exist in the real world....

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ayn Marx posted:

It sickens me when one uses Ben Lesnick's name without a proper title.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
/s tar citizen

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

It sickens me when one uses Ben Lesnick's name without a proper title.

It sickens me, breaks my heart, and makes me feel grief

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

nawledgelambo posted:

since there was some questioning the validity of lesnick doing this during his "working" hours, here you go:

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if crobs was paying him to do this because you know, BDSME, religious figure, savior of PC Gaming, etc

I wonder what dlt drive he bought. I wonder how many of those dlts are gonna be messed up. I used to work in a prepress shop in the 90s and we backed up client projects to dlt, that was always a mess during retrieval. Eventually we moved to these giant cd's that were like 2 ft in diameter.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jason Sextro posted:

It sickens me, breaks my heart, and makes me feel grief

The worst kind of grief.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somebody just played Hellion!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Ok, I voted for your stupid dog. As promised this will let me Doxx one (1) citizen of my choice with total impunity as long as they like cats. Boni pastoris est tondere pecus non deglubere

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Will this Lemon Shark be doxxable?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Not without ARF losing his poo poo.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
the c-spam dog is a stupid entry

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

DapperDon posted:

I disagree. That guy has real marbles and a real structure to roll them down, and he plays with it every day. He's not sitting around saying, "I wish someone would invent some awesome fast marbles and build a thing I could roll them on," and nobody's trying to get him to pay them for a picture of a fast-looking marble and a promise that some day there will be a track worth racing them on. He's also not going around trying to tell other people that they should buy pictures of fast-looking marbles and join him in looking forward to the track that is definitely being developed (it's just hit a few blockers along the way!). Nor is he weirdly angry because the fast-looking marble pictures and imaginary track made of dreams was criticized by some argumentative guy who got famous by selling some bad marbles and clunky tracks to roll them on.

He's obsessed with something so anodyne and pointless that it's impossible to really understand, but at least it's something that exists and he doesn't seem to need anyone else to share his obsession in order to be happy. That's no Shitizen.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Space Crabs posted:

It's not impossible that backers are buying that many ships, it's just implausible.

"Star Citizen" must happen at all costs and someone decides that it's worth $15,000 more dollars to make that happen. The level of emotional involvement is at straight suicide cult levels so I can totally buy that some neckbeard takes out a mortgage because "Star Citizen" needs him and "Star Citizen" is all he has left.

Especially when you look at all of the language from CIG about them being a family and a community while congratulating customers as being heroes.

When we are talking about people this stupid and desperate I wouldn't immediately jump to it being suspicious/lies on CIG's part. Especially when the game looks like it's not coming out. 2.6.2 could have made some whales "reward" cig for all the "great progress" with $30,000 in autism chariots. They need the dream so bad that validation it's real (a new patch) is worth more to them than $15,000 because of the brain problems that involved them as whales in the first place.

And that's precisely it. Community and family, all giving each other hand jobs over their ship purchases. If you have what seems like a completionist package sold every day... surely you have the associated "guess what I just blew my kids college fund on guise!!!" posts to go along with it.

I just think that if you have one without the other, in really high numbers (like it should be the exception instead of the norm when you burn $15k on a video game to not want validation that you are not an idiot), then maaaaaaaayyyyybe something somewhere is not entirely honest.

It's probably nothing though. These Star Citizen guys don't put up a fight about their game or anything. They're all super cool and chill and don't care if people don't believe in it.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Trilobite posted:

I disagree. That guy has real marbles and a real structure to roll them down, and he plays with it every day. He's not sitting around saying, "I wish someone would invent some awesome fast marbles and build a thing I could roll them on," and nobody's trying to get him to pay them for a picture of a fast-looking marble and a promise that some day there will be a track worth racing them on. He's also not going around trying to tell other people that they should buy pictures of fast-looking marbles and join him in looking forward to the track that is definitely being developed (it's just hit a few blockers along the way!). Nor is he weirdly angry because the fast-looking marble pictures and imaginary track made of dreams was criticized by some argumentative guy who got famous by selling some bad marbles and clunky tracks to roll them on.

He's obsessed with something so anodyne and pointless that it's impossible to really understand, but at least it's something that exists and he doesn't seem to need anyone else to share his obsession in order to be happy. That's no Shitizen.

You are focusing on the wrong part of this. Remove the marbles and the track and replace it with a computer and some jpegs.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

And that's precisely it. Community and family, all giving each other hand jobs over their ship purchases. If you have what seems like a completionist package sold every day... surely you have the associated "guess what I just blew my kids college fund on guise!!!" posts to go along with it.

I just think that if you have one without the other, in really high numbers (like it should be the exception instead of the norm when you burn $15k on a video game to not want validation that you are not an idiot), then maaaaaaaayyyyybe something somewhere is not entirely honest.

It's probably nothing though. These Star Citizen guys don't put up a fight about their game or anything. They're all super cool and chill and don't care if people don't believe in it.

You would think they would have their own special section of the forums/spectum like a vip lounge for those kinds of backers that they would proudly love to dangle in all of the plebs faces with their pathetic starter packages. But yet, they seem strangely quiet about their $15k fleet.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Voted! Make Star Citizen great again! :patriot:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

You would think they would have their own special section of the forums/spectum like a vip lounge for those kinds of backers that they would proudly love to dangle in all of the plebs faces with their pathetic starter packages. But yet, they seem strangely quiet about their $15k fleet.

My biggest fear of Star Citizen is that we won't get any closure. The money will dry up, the computers wiped and auctioned off, the shell companies magically vanish into thin air just as quietly as they appeared. Any paper receipts and records will be lost or burned (or trashed even now).

If somebody could ask all those traveling mooks for these events CIG attends what sort of paperwork and tracking they do for their travel expenses you could get an interesting idea into the kind of bookkeeping going on there, if there is any at all. If it's something like they just get a flat $x for everything, or they hand in all their receipts to the super chill hr lady who magics up the money to give back... then there already is no tracking and there never will be a good resolution to this mess. I bet there is no company credit card, as that'd have off-site accounting that isn't as easily disposed of.

It's all fumes in a custom Porsche, driving down the highway made of money, ending in Hawaii or some other expensive European locale.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I have now exited my Red Supergiant stage and am entering into Supernova, goodbye commandos it was nice to know you all

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

From $24,968.14 to $46,145.76: a funding bump of $21,177.62, which is pretty nice when nothing is going on.

If you take the day's spikes (I set a lower threshold at $800 for spike detection) and sum up the values, you get $21,715. However, there is also background activity, which one can roughly estimate as $89.50 per time sample. Subtracting that out, we get a back of the envelope estimate of the contribution from spikes, which works out to $20,910. That number seems awfully close to the funding bump for the day, although I am not saying this is anything more than coincidence.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kosumo posted:

They'll send me a thing with all this information:

Shark's personal NAME
Individual PIT Identification number
Sex & measurements of your shark
Birth month
Capture information

So yeah they basically doxx it for us. But if you want I could make it a facebook page for you guys to stalk or a twitter for Samizdata to go HAM on.

e: wooo! we're only 58 votes behind first!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

of course the politically engaged dog is the only one beating you. i just want a good honest dog, not some riot-protest anarchist

kayak or rusty for lyf

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

I have now exited my Red Supergiant stage and am entering into Supernova, goodbye commandos it was nice to know you all

let this be a lesson to those with bottomless rage :rip:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

:ohdear:

Dancey cat noooooo

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Beet Wagon posted:

So yeah they basically doxx it for us.

:thurman:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

of course the politically engaged dog is the only one beating you. i just want a good honest dog, not some riot-protest anarchist

kayak or rusty for lyf

Honestly I'm sorta surprised Loukanikos is pulling the votes that he is. I mean he was a rad as gently caress dog don't get me wrong, but seems kinda niche for SA to rally behind. I think CSPAM is doing a better job of spamming the "go vote, idiots" message but honestly I want to poo poo the thread up with "guys look at my dog" as little as possible cause I know there's some folks here who don't appreciate it.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

peter gabriel posted:

nice upcoming meltdown

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgpgPh4DuY0

:lol: these are poo poo these days

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

That cockpit is bland as bland can be.

Also, is it just me seeing it or has the general quality of the textures in SC gone downhill lately? They look so flat and grey, and dull, very very dull.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Honestly I'm sorta surprised Loukanikos is pulling the votes that he is. I mean he was a rad as gently caress dog don't get me wrong, but seems kinda niche for SA to rally behind. I think CSPAM is doing a better job of spamming the "go vote, idiots" message but honestly I want to poo poo the thread up with "guys look at my dog" as little as possible cause I know there's some folks here who don't appreciate it.

If D&D had not pussied-out about the Hillary-toxx this would not be happening. So blame Shillary.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

r u ok commando