Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol, my dude go outside

Idk what that means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think I liked the designs of all the characters in the game. Especially Eve's half-tatted form.

Automata had some sexy boyz as well.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Actually, no on first glance I wasn't a fan of 9S' 1920's schoolboy uniform. But the look, and the character, grew on me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

But I also thought every Raiden design (MGS2 > MGS4 > MGR:R) got progressively cooler and cooler which is prob a much more goon-harmful opinion :frogbon:

MGR convinced me that high heels give you a real combat advantage.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Edit: my app is being weird ignore this

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I thought it was a bit on-the-nose that the androids were being objectified

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Actually, no on first glance I wasn't a fan of 9S' 1920's schoolboy uniform. But the look, and the character, grew on me.

I felt like 9S tried evoking pre-transformation Emil before the game came out. It doesn't quite work within the universe established here, but...

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Vermain posted:

Bad news: the creator is dead. All that remains of Yoko Taro is the work in front of us.

And outside that, he did pretty much endorse death-of-an-author'ish reading in that Siliconera interview.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nuebot posted:

Anyway, some route B stuff; So the factory is the junk heap from the first game, right? And that god that you see the cut-away to when you first go to the housing complex, was that beepy? Or does that get explained?

1. It's certainly possible.

2. Yes, he is. There's a novella about it, even. Does this mean Nier might be the robot devil? Maybe.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Personally, I like picking female protags in 3rd person games because if I've got to stare at a butt for hours on end it better be a sexy one.

beep by grandpa posted:

But I also thought every Raiden design (MGS2 > MGS4 > MGR:R) got progressively cooler and cooler which is prob a much more goon-harmful opinion :frogbon:

Sombrero Raiden best Raiden.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

Personally, I like picking female protags in 3rd person games because if I've got to stare at a butt for hours on end it better be a sexy one.

That's the reason why Raiden's rear end in MGR is so good.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Augus posted:

Replaying this game has been fun. After you first meet Adam, 9S and 2B always mention him as looking like an android, or talking about why he would want to look like androids, never thinking that maybe they weren't the ones the robots wanted to emulate. It's also how funny how 9S starts off as a nerd with a dumb outfit and embarrasses himself real bad with the Nines conversation and then the rest of the game happens and it re-frames pretty much all of his interactions

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Emron posted:

I bought some of the more tedious trophies (gently caress fishing), but a platinum is a platinum, and ending E by painstakingly deleting the evidence of my experience for the purpose of helping someone else is just perfect. What a great game.

Spoilers for all of Yoko Taro's games:
It's so cool because it's just like Ending D Nier. Sacrificing yourself for someone else's sake, helping them get past this barrier to get Ending E, if it was an out of nowhere rhythm game like in Drakengard it would've gone beyond perfection. The fact that there are people deleting their save data to lend a helping hand for no reason or benefit and even then that their helping hand can possibly be lost forever only helping one person is the most uplifting thing.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

also how many dang remixes to "the dark colossus destroys all" are in this game i swear i heard at least like 4 and i don't even know if they're the same song or not!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hexenritter posted:

Lol I haven't seen this dumb thing posted in like a decade. It's like meeting an old friend.

I usually prefer playing female protagonist for no real particular reason but it's all so insufferably politicized now it's not quite as cool to me as it used to be.

Jack Trades posted:

That's the reason why Raiden's rear end in MGR is so good.

:yeah:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I have a question about going back and doing sidequests via chapter select. If a chapter says it has say, 20 sidequests in it, does that mean you can START all those sidequests in that chapter or that you can complete them in that chapter but you may need to start them earlier?

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

1. It's certainly possible.

2. Yes, he is. There's a novella about it, even. Does this mean Nier might be the robot devil? Maybe.

I translated the full version of that novella (the one linked to only covers half the story), and yes it does imply the robot god in the desert cutscene was Beepy, although that's as much of a reference as he gets.

Also on the topic of sexy androids I thought the Commander was going commando (lol) but it turns out she's also wearing a (very sheer) leotard.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Augus posted:

More broadly (route C spoilers), they're a result of the androids in charge of YoRHa not really understanding human beings. They're attempting to make the androids more human in spirit, and they understand humanity's two greatest obsessions to have been sex and violence, which is why the YoRHa androids are all designed to facilitate murder and look sexy. They're wearing "fetish outfits" in the anthropological sense of the term: by dressing the YoRHa units in short dresses and and equipping them with a katana, they think they'll somehow become more human. They're really no better than the dumb robots in the desert wearing stupid, meaningless masks because ancient humans used to wear them and bumping their robot bodies together in an imitation of loving. Neither of them understand what lies beneath the sex and the violence - the ultimate reason why human beings had sex and engaged in violence.

The outfits also serve as a clever bit of extradiegetic writing, because the more you come to care for 2B, 9S, and A2 as human beings, and not simply as dolls, the less you notice the irrelevant surface attributes. The cutscene camera knows this, too: later shots are almost overwhelmingly focused on faces and hands instead of full body shots.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 23, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wait a minute...!
Nobody actually knows what's behind the secret closed doors with apologetic suicide robots in front of them?
I though that would be some kind of post secret boss thing or sumshit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

beep by grandpa posted:

Lol I haven't seen this dumb thing posted in like a decade. It's like meeting an old friend.

I usually prefer playing female protagonist for no real particular reason but it's all so insufferably politicized now it's not quite as cool to me as it used to be.

:yeah:

Oh your one of those.

Jack Trades posted:

Wait a minute...!
Nobody actually knows what's behind the secret closed doors with apologetic suicide robots in front of them?

There isn't anything behind thing, at least for now.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jack Trades posted:

Wait a minute...!

It's not that nobody knows what's behind them, you can never actually get in. That being said, I was watching a speedrun and someone managed to clip inside by using some wacky out of bounds poo poo and it was a regular elevator inside with no actual pushable buttons and it doesn't actually go anywhere so they had to load a save because there was no way out. People theorize it's how you'll access any future DLC if there is any

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's not that nobody knows what's behind them, you can never actually get in. That being said, I was watching a speedrun and someone managed to clip inside by using some wacky out of bounds poo poo and it was a regular elevator inside with no actual pushable buttons and it doesn't actually go anywhere so they had to load a save because there was no way out. People theorize it's how you'll access any future DLC if there is any

Oh...that's kinda disappointing. I was expecting a super secret super thing or something.
Since the doors were pretty well hidden and all.

There's definitely going to be at least one piece of DLC though.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Yoko Taro obviously added it there to gently caress with people because he's a genius

It's like all those doors in Pokemon games that you can never open

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jack Trades posted:

There's definitely going to be at least one piece of DLC though.

Yoko Taro said there would be no DLC and this is why people don't trust him :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yoko Taro said there would be no DLC and this is why people don't trust him :colbert:

He said there would be no substantial DLC. There's a difference.

I imagine Colosseum being some kind of arena horde killing game mode of some sort.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fereydun posted:

also how many dang remixes to "the dark colossus destroys all" are in this game i swear i heard at least like 4 and i don't even know if they're the same song or not!!

there's 1 but a lot of songs have 7 different versions (3 with vocals, 3 without, 1 8-bit). at least according to this ost from youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXPuKIWI0_A

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

A2 literally wears painted on lingerie, but I'm not sure that it's worse than the other standard YoRHa fetish gear

She wears a top and shorts :sigh:

Even in B mode A2 looks more dressed than 2B which is odd but true. They could fix 2B by adding tights and/or removing the huge rip in the front of the dress btw. Idk what's going on with commander's outfit though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alder posted:

Idk what's going on with commander's outfit though.

Commander just wears one of those Chinese dresses with some extra poo poo added onto it.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The Japanese give no fucks about/and have no stigma against sexual discrimination toward women so good luck with getting more prudish clothing choices.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jack Trades posted:

He said there would be no substantial DLC. There's a difference.

knowing him that means there's going to be four more added routes happening after the events of ending E

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Meanwhile in the future

On another planet

The 23rd machine war rages on

A2 SPACE ADVENTURES

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hexenritter posted:

The Japanese give no fucks about/and have no stigma against sexual discrimination toward women so good luck with getting more prudish clothing choices.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hexenritter posted:

That's what mods are for, friend :v:

I like to add more clothes or improve poorly thought out armor choices for everyone.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jack Trades posted:

To be fair I don't think A2 is wearing any clothes at all?
Or more specifically it seems like she's wearing a quarter of an burned apron and rest of the "clothes" are just painted/grafted on.

YOU CAN?!

Use (not equip) the dress module and he takes them right off :shepface: .

So I just reached the part where goliaths attack, on playthroug B and I realized you can actually damage them from the ground. I wonder if it's possible to kill them without getting the flight units.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Alder posted:

She wears a top and shorts :sigh:

Even in B mode A2 looks more dressed than 2B which is odd but true. They could fix 2B by adding tights and/or removing the huge rip in the front of the dress btw. Idk what's going on with commander's outfit though.

As far as I can tell, her "top" doesn't actually cover her chest, it's just a torn rag covering her abdomen. And the rest of her "clothes" is either painted on or is just the underlying android body with most of the artificial skin gone.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

Actually the game already gives you a full armor suit to equip after you complete C/D ending. No?
It's still a but funky and fetish-y looking but still.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Nuebot posted:

So I just reached the part where goliaths attack, on playthroug B and I realized you can actually damage them from the ground. I wonder if it's possible to kill them without getting the flight units.

Are you gonna be the video game scientist this thread needs?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Use (not equip) the dress module and he takes them right off :shepface: .

Dress Module?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Vermain posted:

More broadly (route C spoilers), they're a result of the androids in charge of YoRHa not really understanding human beings. They're attempting to make the androids more human in spirit, and they understand humanity's two greatest obsessions to have been sex and violence, which is why the YoRHa androids are all designed to facilitate murder and look sexy. They're wearing "fetish outfits" in the anthropological sense of the term: by dressing the YoRHa units in short dresses and and equipping them with a katana, they think they'll somehow become more human. They're really no better than the dumb robots in the desert wearing stupid, meaningless masks because ancient humans used to wear them and bumping their robot bodies together in an imitation of loving. Neither of them understand what lies beneath the sex and the violence - the ultimate reason why human beings had sex and engaged in violence.

The outfits also serve as a clever bit of extradiegetic writing, because the more you come to care for 2B, 9S, and A2 as human beings, and not simply as dolls, the less you notice the irrelevant surface attributes. The cutscene camera knows this, too: later shots are almost overwhelmingly focused on faces and hands instead of full body shots.

Yeah this about hits the nail on the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010