Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

At prestige 2½ I don't even care about the gear anymore, I just want the pile of unopened loot boxes to stop taunting me. I doubt I have it in me to order-grind another class to 3, so if/when I get bored of Valk that's it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Maybe it's because I'm old but I find it weird that people keep playing games they don't like. It's okay to stop if it's not fun any more, you don't need to justify it or anything.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Maybe it's because I'm old but I find it weird that people keep playing games they don't like. It's okay to stop if it's not fun any more, you don't need to justify it or anything.

It's called adversity and we must conquer it.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I like the game, I just don't like that there's a second game that starts at prestige 3 and is much easier than the first one.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

You say the gear grind is terrible. What I realised a few days ago is that they may actually up the gear level cap after every season or whatever.

It's a loving terrible idea and I'd probably almost ragequit over it. And you just loving know Ubisoft will do it because "market research indicates that if you give incentives for people to return to the game they'll spend more money on microtransactions..." or some poo poo.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I got this game with my graphics card and I'm not touching any game mode with gear in it. It's not like I'm getting into any other game mode either so should I just abandon this game?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
UhhRrrrrRsrrgghjffh <-- my thoughts when playing against a PK in 1v1 who knows his poo poo.

Vs PK is about the only matchup I can't reliably win with my warden. My stupid idiot brain can't deal with the light attack mixup plus the heavy into light feints. If the PK sticks to lights, heavy into light feints and gb I have a hard time generating an opening because I can't parry anything. Maybe I'll just stick to conq vs PK...

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Try Duel and Brawl, which are my favorite game modes and lack gear score as a factor.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Any time i try to get range you just get your stamina and HP hosed by his headbutt charge

The headbutt is so slow that a conqueror can literally get off a shield slam after the warlord has initiated it. The conqueror slam also staggers you longer and drains twice the stamina while using up quite a bit less. The recovery animation from it is also way shorter.

That fact alone plus Conquerors having that loving non effort super block makes a competent Conqueror loving hard to fight with virtually every class in the game. Ironically the one class that can most easily deal with his kit is the Shugoki, except if the conqueror is really aggressive about slam light slam light slam heavy when you hit a wall, because dodging out off that with the Shugoki's lovely side dodge is hard as poo poo since your hitbox is huge, and you're at a huge stamina disadvantage when you get out of it anyway that the conqueror can just start it up again.

They and the PK are by far the classes laden with the most bullshit.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 22, 2017

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Is there a decent stats page someone can link to, to show how popular certain classes are etc? Any search is showing up gear stats stuff or personal k/d poo poo. I'm curious how common certain classes are versus the perceived OP-ness. Orochi seem to be the most prevalent based on my experience.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'd be curious, too. Fairly certain the least popular is a toss up between the Raider and the Kensei.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Is there a decent stats page someone can link to, to show how popular certain classes are etc? Any search is showing up gear stats stuff or personal k/d poo poo. I'm curious how common certain classes are versus the perceived OP-ness. Orochi seem to be the most prevalent based on my experience.

This is just data gathered by one player, but still relevant I think:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/60otot/hero_popularity_iii_v103/

http://imgur.com/a/nPoxq

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I wonder what game developer they bought this core game off cos I honestly don't think Ubisoft are capable of making good games

This isn't true, they always have really great core gameplay and interesting concepts. Splinter Cell Spies vs Mercs, Assassin's Creed multiplayer, the hacking invasion mode from Watch Dogs, and recently Rainbow Six Siege are all really interesting and fun concepts that mostly work well.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

AC multiplayer was a ton of fun in... Brotherhood, I think? Whichever was the first to have it. The plague doctor and the barber were awesome.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The last version of AC multiplayer (in Black Flag) was great too. They had tweaked and balanced it to the point that everything worked really well and there was no "must have" abilities (smoke bomb). The only bad thing was that they never truly figured out a way to defang bad players who ignored the social stealth aspect to just continuously sprint at people and killed them. I had a decent amount of good kill setups ruined when some scrub got me as a target and sprinted at me from across the courtyard and I had to either break off and stun them (and risk getting stunned in turn by my target) or try for a crappier kill before some idiot got me for 150 points and gave somebody else a free stealth kill.

It was also structured like a lovely F2P game, but that's a lot more palatable when they give you 30+ hours of excellent pirate single player content.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

zeldadude posted:

gently caress yes it is! Clizzzzzttthhhby.

:hfive:

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I did... not know this could happen?

https://gfycat.com/HarshJadedFishingcat

I dashed backwards and was about to storm rush the second the raider charged/grab hit me and I became immune to the grab?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Dessel posted:

I did... not know this could happen?

https://gfycat.com/HarshJadedFishingcat

I dashed backwards and was about to storm rush the second the raider charged/grab hit me and I became immune to the grab?

Stormrush or Riptide? Cause that looks like the startup of Riptide. Probably a bug.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
When fighting Raider, what's going on with the side light into top light thing that stuns you? Is it one attack that flashes the side indicator first but actually hits top, or is the Raider player just feinting a side light and then immediately doing a top light? Either way, it messed me up real good and I wasn't sure if it was a legitimate strategy they were using or just one of the indicator bugs people complain about.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

When fighting Raider, what's going on with the side light into top light thing that stuns you? Is it one attack that flashes the side indicator first but actually hits top, or is the Raider player just feinting a side light and then immediately doing a top light? Either way, it messed me up real good and I wasn't sure if it was a legitimate strategy they were using or just one of the indicator bugs people complain about.

Side heavy can be cancelled into the stun, it is a normal part of the raider's moveset.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

You can't feint lights. It's side heavy cancelled into top light which stuns you. Just be prepared for it and it's easy to negate. They'll go for guard break after stunning you if they're smart, cause it's super hard to see when you get grabbed.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

titties posted:

Side heavy can be cancelled into the stun, it is a normal part of the raider's moveset.

It's actually any heavy, but canceling a top heavy into the top stun is kind of pointless.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Like 60% of playing Raider well is landing the top stun so you can clown on people.

Honestly I've been going through the SP on realistic and I've gotta say that having no indicators has made me a much better player, really rapidly.

They're a terrible crutch, and I kinda hope if and when they do ranked that it is without any indicators because that'll really separate out people.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

7c Nickel posted:

It's actually any heavy, but canceling a top heavy into the top stun is kind of pointless.

It's not an awful idea. The difference in timing can really mess with someone, doubly so if they're trying to parry all of your attacks.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I loving love playing against a competent enemy, it really makes me grow in skill. Like having them feint to bait me into an attempted parry so they can turn it back around on me, never fails to make me smile even as I eat their sword. Or when I go against a Kensei who has such a strong mixup game, I can't help but be happy despite the fact I'm getting demolished.

Only class I hate fighting with a passion is Warden. Been weeks now, and I'm still absolutely rear end at fighting them. If I come against one who just blocks everything instead of trying to parry, I straight up can't get through their guard. And then their zone attack is near impossible to react to unless I spam left block. I main Orochi, but if I'm playing Valk (who is my 2nd favourite) owning Wardens isn't too difficult.

On a different note, for a game that has so many connection bugs and requires a hard restart at least two or three times in a 4 hour gaming session, they really ought to make the startup menu skippable. I hate sitting through the Ubi logo, then the NVidia, then skipping the cinematic. Usually if I gotta hard restart, I'll just call it quits and not touch the game again that day.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 23, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Fuzz posted:

Honestly I've been going through the SP on realistic and I've gotta say that having no indicators has made me a much better player, really rapidly.

Big ole echo of this. All the "Oh no a light flash now you can't see their indicators" moves get a lot less threatening when you've drilled into your brain what the character's stances to sides are.

Also everyone should do a run through of realistic story anyway, you get a big ole bunch of steel out of it and also dress-up pieces.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Literally am completely useless against a valkyrie. their side to side are too fast to block and then they throw in the unblockable charge and knockdown etc. I get wasted every time

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Wandle Cax posted:

Literally am completely useless against a valkyrie. their side to side are too fast to block and then they throw in the unblockable charge and knockdown etc. I get wasted every time

Just dodge her charges and dodge the spear sweeps.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Loopoo posted:

Just dodge her charges and dodge the spear sweeps.

Some classes suck at dodging.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Some classes suck at dodging.

Shugoki manages to dodge my stuff as Valk just fine. Even though he doesn't move very far, it's still far enough to get out the way of the spear sweep. Can't accurately say whether it's far enough to dodge my shield slam, but I'm pretty sure it is.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Loopoo posted:

On a different note, for a game that has so many connection bugs and requires a hard restart at least two or three times in a 4 hour gaming session, they really ought to make the startup menu skippable. I hate sitting through the Ubi logo, then the NVidia, then skipping the cinematic. Usually if I gotta hard restart, I'll just call it quits and not touch the game again that day.

Found this link on another site:

http://wikisend.com/download/138974/forhonorintro.zip

Download that and copy the files into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\ForHonor\Videos" and it should override some of the opening intros. Apparently the usual line of code for launch options in Steam doesn't work.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Found this link on another site:

http://wikisend.com/download/138974/forhonorintro.zip

Download that and copy the files into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\ForHonor\Videos" and it should override some of the opening intros. Apparently the usual line of code for launch options in Steam doesn't work.

You're amazing. The game instantly loaded up, it's so good. Now alt+f4ing won't make me get annoyed to the point that I stop playing.

Everyone else, do this! Makes opening the game up a breeze.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The mentality of 2v2 players is really confusing. Apparently, if I decide to gang up on someone instead of fighting a Lawbringer on that death bridge in the swamp I'm not playing the mode right. They refused to acknowledge that if they wanted a 1v1 they should go to the 1v1 mode.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

moosecow333 posted:

The mentality of 2v2 players is really confusing. Apparently, if I decide to gang up on someone instead of fighting a Lawbringer on that death bridge in the swamp I'm not playing the mode right. They refused to acknowledge that if they wanted a 1v1 they should go to the 1v1 mode.

Is there nowhere to fight him on that map that doesn't put you dangerously close to an edge? If it were me, instead of 2v1 against the other poor guy, I'd just wait and assume the Lawmaker would instantly try and either grab or shove me off, then I'd punish him and do it to him instead for 110% satisfaction. IIRC there's little pockets of ground at each end of the bridge. It sucks fighting in such close quarters but it beats getting thrown to death. 99% of the time though I just go balls to the wall and wait for their lovely tactic (Lawmaker, Raider, Warlord, Warden) and dodge back out the way and then grab and throw them instead. It's always meant with a "wow you dickhead" despite the fact they literally just tried doing it to me. Cheeky buggers. Only one I wouldn't gently caress with on a bridge is Shugoki, since if he opens with that sprint charge, even if you dodge sideways you still get buffeted by the passing of his girthy presence and fall off.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 23, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Just remove that stupid bridge area round in 1v1 and 2v2, it's rear end.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

actually it owns and dunking nerds into the swamp is fun as hell

I always love when a dude I'm trying to toss off a ledge "gets it" and now instead of trying to fight me honorable we're just constantly GB-countering and dodging trying to wrangle the other guy off a cliff or into some spikes. Some of the most fun I've had with this game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Loopoo posted:

Now alt+f4ing won't make me get annoyed to the point that I stop playing.

Oh. You're one of those people. :yikes:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Oh. You're one of those people. :yikes:

I mean the game hangs on resynchronizing enough sometimes and I have to kill the game when that happens, they could just mean that.

And I dunno, wrestling for instakill has always just made the bridge incredibly boring for me.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 23, 2017

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Loopoo posted:

Shugoki manages to dodge my stuff as Valk just fine. Even though he doesn't move very far, it's still far enough to get out the way of the spear sweep. Can't accurately say whether it's far enough to dodge my shield slam, but I'm pretty sure it is.

I have a hard time dodging the sweep with my lovely warden shuffle 'dodge'.

Do you have to dodge into it? Or backwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Dodging into it is the best way since it sets you up for a punish. You can also roll backwards which might be safer, but doesn't give you a punish.