Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Perez force the dems left?
This poll is closed.
Yes 33 6.38%
No 343 66.34%
Keith Ellison 54 10.44%
Pete Buttigieg 71 13.73%
Jehmu Green 16 3.09%
Total: 416 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
exactly how much should I hate chelsea clinton if I want the democrats to pick up seats in 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Polygynous posted:

exactly how much should I hate chelsea clinton if I want the democrats to pick up seats in 2018

Bernie would have won

She literally told a group of voters that Bernie wanted to eliminate Medicare. She's loving hot garbage.

Frijolero fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 23, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How long this time before somebody clicks the link and figures out what misleading headlines are?

C'mon, gotta make sure you fall for right wing propaganda every single time.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Polygynous posted:

you should probably not feel warm towards any clintons in 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

How long this time before somebody clicks the link and figures out what misleading headlines are?

Factcheck is right wing, lol.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Factcheck is right wing, lol.

Considering you've defended your constant spewing of nazi propaganda direct from Breitbart to here, you're doing a grand job of illustrating exactly what I mean.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Ah there we go with Breitbart again. "Everyone who disagrees with Fulchrum reads Breitbart." :rolleyes:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fulchrum posted:

Perhaps you should be a Republican. That way you can read all of Breitbart, not just the parts about Hillary, Obama and the dem leadership that is totally trustworthy and you feel the need to keep spreading.

Until then, shut the gently caress up you nazi propaganda spewing little poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is you. You are bad. Stop posting.

Also, anyone who thinks that all Trump voters are "chimps" is not discussing in good faith. Either that or you really wanna loving lose next year.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Politifact is now Right Wing propaganda, For fucks sake

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

KomradeX posted:

Any disparaging story on the Clintons is part of the 25 year conspiracy and anyone who shares the stories is not a good Democrat.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Frijolero posted:

This is you. You are bad. Stop posting.

Also, anyone who thinks that all Trump voters are "chimps" is not discussing in good faith. Either that or you really wanna loving lose next year.

You're right, voting for an obvious lying conman who has no goddamn clue about politics in the slightest and has every intention to gently caress you over because reading is hard, is definitely a smart and savvy person.

And it does say a lot that calling out people repeating Breitbart crap is treated as worse than doing it. Gee, wherever have I seen that?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KomradeX posted:

If they had said what Frijolero claims they said, yeah. Good thing they exist in reality, not your incoherent haze of rage against the Clinton's.

But I'm sure you are totally consistent that Politifact is always a bastion of objective credibility. So you'll agree that Romney and Ryan wanting to destroy medicare really was the biggest lie of 2012.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 23, 2017

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

If they had said what Frijolero claims they said, yeah. Good thing they exist in reality, not your incoherent haze of rage against the Clinton's.

But I'm sure you are totally consistent that Politifact is always a bastion of objective credibility. So you'll agree that Romney and Ryan wanting to destroy medicare really was the biggest lie of 2012.

Right here is the loving quote

Daughter of Privilege posted:

Hitting the campaign trail on her mother’s behalf, Chelsea Clinton attacked Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders’ universal health care plan.

"Sen. Sanders wants to dismantle Obamacare, dismantle the CHIP program, dismantle Medicare, and dismantle private insurance," Clinton said in New Hampshire Jan. 12. "I don't want to empower Republican governors to take away Medicaid, to take away health insurance for low-income and middle-income working Americans. And I think very much that's what Sen. Sanders' plan would do."

By your logic we shouldn't trust anything the New York Times says because of their often conservative view points. Christ I prefer snopes but Politifact will do in a pinch

Have you ever considered that people might rightfully be angry at the Clintons for their actions in the 90s making life pretty loving hard for people on welfare and continuing that legacy of dismantling the public good for private profit. Christ I voted for Clinton cause what I thought the unlikely case was too horrible to imagine. But she failed us, in her hubris she failed us. I'm sorry that I also don't look forward to the sons and daughters of our current politicians becoming the newest members of the ruling class based on family names. We're not supposed to have an aristocracy why the gently caress are you obsessed with having one? We must forever be haunted by the names of the politicians of my childhood. It'll be too loving soon if I ever have to see the names Clinton or Bush involved in American politics again it'll be too loving soon

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KomradeX posted:

Right here is the loving quote

By your logic we shouldn't trust anything the New York Times says because of their often conservative view points. Christ I prefer snopes but Politifact will do in a pinch
And of course, just keeppretending the part you didn't bold somehow fails to exist, how Sanders plan could have allowed Republican governors to refuse to implement a replacement for Medicare when Sanders legislation removed it on the federal level. But what would ever make us think Republicans might try to not implement medicare just to score political points?

quote:

Have you ever considered that people might rightfully be angry at the Clintons for their actions in the 90s making life pretty loving hard for people on welfare and continuing that legacy of dismantling the public good for private profit.
Yes, I do know that people demonize the Clinton's for having to deal with political reality. We discussed that last page.

Oh and, I assume you despise FDR for sharing genes with a past president?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

quote:

A group of Senate Democrats is beginning to explore trying to extract concessions from Republicans in return for allowing Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch to be confirmed, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

A group is beginning to explore trying. The two Senators named are Manchin and Coons.

quote:

Another ambitious possibility: Some Democrats want to confirm Gorsuch only with an agreement that another justice retire and is replaced with Garland. The idea has almost no chance of success. But it’s being pushed by Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), who said that there’s too much “distrust” in the Senate to believe Republicans are willing to make a deal on a future vacancy, so they must make a deal now on Garland.

This is all just spitballing, it isn't Chuck Schumer's secret strategy.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

KomradeX posted:

We're not supposed to have an aristocracy why the gently caress are you obsessed with having one?
An aristocracy is the epitome of the bullshit respectability politics that "moderates" love so much.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JeffersonClay posted:

A group is beginning to explore trying. The two Senators named are Manchin and Coons.

This is all just spitballing, it isn't Chuck Schumer's secret strategy.

Shhh! You're bringing reality and context in - it upsets the native goons, they think it steals their souls.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Schurmer being the man who wanted to appeal to white flight suburbs so the dems wouldn't be burdened by working class voters anymore.

Also lol at the implication that Clinton treated voters like adults. She treated demands on the left like those of spoiled brats who want new toys.

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 23, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
In that she gave virtually everything and they still threw a tantrum and said it's not good enough, I hate you, I'm running away?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

People the Democrats don't need to win an election according to Hilary fans: Whites, the left, the working class, the middle class, LGBT people, men.

So really they just need to lock down the coveted straight black female Wall Street CEO demographic and it's all smooth sailing from there.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
People that the Dems need to demonize according to leftists - the rich, anyone who hates the Klan, anyone who talks about racism, anyone who talks about civil rights except to say it's a distraction from economic inequality, anyone opposing Vladimir Putin, civil rights heroes, feminists, Puerto Ricans.

Good job no-one in America respects anyone in any of those categories.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 23, 2017

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Fulchrum posted:

People that the Dems need to demonize according to leftists - the rich, lobbyist, Wall Street.

Ftfy

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Well then let's hear how much you respect John Lewis. Particularly his sage wisdom in who he backed in the primaries.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 23, 2017

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

He shouldn't be "demonized." I think he was wrong in backing Hillary.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Fulchrum posted:

People that the Dems need to demonize according to leftists - the rich,

yes, this unironically, forever.

the democrats need to stop gently dipping their toes in the water and openly come out against the 0.1%. that would literally be the thing that fixes the democratic party.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Fulchrum posted:

Well then let's hear how much you respect John Lewis. Particularly his sage wisdom in who he backed in the primaries.

It's perfectly possible for people to make mistakes or feel they owe a debt to people who you don't agree with.

Putting Lewis on a pedestal like he can do no wrong is actually mildly creepy.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

You can't fool me. That's a department store.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the democrats need to stop gently dipping their toes in the water and openly come out against the 0.1%. that would literally be the thing that fixes the democratic party.

Okay. Hey, Oprah, gently caress you, you're an atrocious human being.

That will surely make America love them.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

You think the GOP would go to bat for Oprah and this would be a major flaw in the strategy? Are you serious?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Can't go after the capitalist class, some of them might be gays or minorities. Like Peter Thiel and Oprah.

This is what neoliberalism looks like

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

:yeah:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
What if oprah gave everyone in the audience the means of production

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

"Hey, Waltons, gently caress you, you're atrocious human beings."

That would make Americans like Democrats.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Kingfish posted:

You think the GOP would go to bat for Oprah and this would be a major flaw in the strategy? Are you serious?

I think that since 98% of the people who are respected in America make more than $200,000 a year, that argument is gonna fall flat on its face the second you try it to the point Republicanswon't even need to respond.

You could try to in any loving way refine the argument by allowing that being rich is not a sin, but thinking the rich should not have to pay taxes is, but then that would mean you cannot attack Dems as much. Can't have that.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

"Hey, insurance companies, gently caress YOU. We are going to bust your asses."

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Fulchrum posted:

I think that since 98% of the people who are respected in America make more than $200,000 a year, that argument is gonna fall flat on its face the second you try it to the point Republicanswon't even need to respond.

You could try to in any loving way refine the argument by allowing that being rich is not a sin, but thinking the rich should not have to pay taxes is, but then that would mean you cannot attack Dems as much. Can't have that.

This is the weak own of someone who is trying to defend class interests.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Fulchrum posted:

I think that since 98% of the people who are respected in America make more than $200,000 a year,
Most people have other people in their lives that make less than $200,000 and respect them

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Kingfish posted:

"Hey, insurance companies, gently caress YOU. We are going to bust your asses."

Hmm, if only there was some difference between the insurance companies and Oprah. Some kind of distinction you could make about how they feel the rich should give back to others.

Nah, that would mean you can't just chant eat the rich.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 23, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rodatose posted:

Most people have other people in their lives that make less than $200,000 and respect them

And that's why Republican efforts to demonize the poor among the poor has always, always, failed. They definitely didn't do the barest amount of messaging refinement to allow demonization of the poor without implicating people that individual Republicansrespected.

What? Lazy moochers? Nah, impossible, they never said that. They always, every single time, said the words "the poor".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It doesn't matter if the GOP has failed to demonize the poor among the poor. We wouldn't need to demonize the billionaires among the billionaires. They are already extremely class conscious anyhow.

• Locked thread