Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Junior Jr. posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda looks like poo poo, facial and character animation aside, even the dialogue sounds amateur at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgFHIR7lLC0

Jesus christ, even Shepard wasn't THIS beta.

The only good stuff I can say about the game is the environment and sets look shiny and pretty...but that's it. And the fact that this was made on the same Frostbite 3 engine as Mirror's Edge: Catalyst (which is a decent game) makes this look more of a joke.

This game feels pretty mediocre at best.

Why do their mouths keep sipping on invisible straws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The facial expression of the female protagonist in Mass Effect really reminds me of the protagonist faces in the last Pokemon. Has about the same emotional range too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wamdoodle posted:

If your talking about the one next to Starfox, that's State of Decay.

Compared to the importance of the other games and franchises in that list, that one seems like an outlier

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

The facial expression of the female protagonist in Mass Effect really reminds me of the protagonist faces in the last Pokemon. Has about the same emotional range too.

Lol the emotional range is not the problem

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"RAAAAHHHH :buddy:" - Ryder, Mass Effect: Andromeda, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like even MGS1 has better looking faces than MEA.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My friend described female Ryder as looking like Tommy Pickles in a wig, and that's so real.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Compared to the importance of the other games and franchises in that list, that one seems like an outlier

Yeah it's weird. Maybe it was included because of the stylish logo? Prototype 2 is in there and that also is an outlier and the logo isn't even stylized :argh:

CJacobs posted:

"RAAAAHHHH :buddy:" - Ryder, Mass Effect: Andromeda, 2017

Lady Ryder always looks like she's smirking.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

I feel like even MGS1 has better looking faces than MEA.

I would prefer to look at terrifying blank deathmasks I guess, yeah

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wamdoodle posted:

Lady Ryder always looks like she's smirking.

"You're in a coma. There was an accident after our last mission. They don't know if you're going to recover yet. :buddy:" - Ryder talking to her brother who is in a convenient plot coma

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The new Mass Effect suffers BECAUSE the humans are slightly stylized but everything else is going for straight realism.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Kirby after a long day at work. Found on reddit

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

thehoodie posted:

delete this

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So why doesn't he have fingers?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

Industrial accident. Kind of rude of you to bring it up really

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

What are you talking about? You can see in the picture that he has two.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

No arms though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Less fingers, more nubs.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kirby is such an eldritch horror

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Harrow posted:

I want to play a Mass Effect game set entirely on a fully-realized version of the Citadel, obviously before the whole Reaper conflict. The player is a new C-Sec agent and it's all about solving crimes and busting up a crime syndicate. And let me play as a non-human, too. Because Citadel racial politics are important, each race could be like a background choice in Dragon Age Origins--not game-changing, but inflecting certain quests and scenes. So if you're turian you're in the majority of C-Sec agents and might have more respect from fellow C-Sec agents by default, while being human might mean people treat you with a bit more skepticism because you're relatively new to C-Sec as a species even if there are more human agents than salarian or asari. Obviously it'd be a big departure because it wouldn't be about exploring space, so definitely more spin-off material than sequel material. But high-tech crime solving on a space station would be cool.

Although something set during first conflict or the human/turian war would be cool, too.

This is from a few pages back, but I can't stop imagining a Citadel Noire game starring an Elcor detective.

:geno: Furiously. You raped those boys and framed the Vorcha for their murder. :geno:

Maybe give him a Hanar partner to play the good cop. I'd be interested in it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

thehoodie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcdYB8vF_c

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Any consensus on ME: Andromeda yet? I gotta wait a while to play NieR: Automata and I wanna get my scifi on.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ciaphas posted:

Any consensus on ME: Andromeda yet? I gotta wait a while to play NieR: Automata and I wanna get my scifi on.

It's okay.

There are problems with the writing, animation and UI but the combat and environments are good.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ciaphas posted:

Wait until there's a sale, throw down the big AAA bucks on something smaller and more tightly focused.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

LawfulWaffle posted:

This is from a few pages back, but I can't stop imagining a Citadel Noire game starring an Elcor detective.

:geno: Furiously. You raped those boys and framed the Vorcha for their murder. :geno:

Maybe give him a Hanar partner to play the good cop. I'd be interested in it.

This is legit what bugs me about Andromeda in addition to all the other stuff that makes it look bad, it's like they deliberately set out to jettison the more unique and non-human aliens...I'll even throw a bone to the Geth for being more interesting than what ME1 implied about them...and to make up for that they replace them with not-Darkspawn and somebody's weird fursona: the species.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

This is friggin hilarious and terrifying

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Kai Tave posted:

This is legit what bugs me about Andromeda in addition to all the other stuff that makes it look bad, it's like they deliberately set out to jettison the more unique and non-human aliens...I'll even throw a bone to the Geth for being more interesting than what ME1 implied about them...and to make up for that they replace them with not-Darkspawn and somebody's weird fursona: the species.

I have only seen press footage of the first hour or so of the game but it's kind of weird. You would think the opening would push the whole theme of "exploring an amazing new galaxy" but it's mostly just colonists being incompetent and then the game vigorously reassuring the player that it's ok for their first contact with intelligent life to be a bunch of extended firefights. I guess the whole "wow a new galaxy to explore!" Hook comes a bit later?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Asari are the worst and yet they have to be everywhere. And the new aliens are just more humanoids that have Australian accents for some reason

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

People have been making Mass Effect Andromeda fanart using Mass Effect 2 models.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I dunno, ME:A still doesn't go into what looks like botched plastic surgery territory.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Turns out Lady Videogames DID get me ME:Andromeda special edition for my PC after all and is being delivered to her today with a little Nomad model!
I'm so excited! I thought my PC wouldn't be able to run it so I asked her to cancel it. Then I tried the demo and it was absolutely fine. She must have realised and she is awesome!

I cannot wait to play Goofy space adventures :D

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

VideoGames your RTS month is turning into a mess!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Life's too short to stick to one genre *plays 12th RPG in a row*

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mass Effect Andromeda is a real-time game. And picking which planet to go is a strategic decision. QED

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

VideoGames your RTS month is turning into a mess!

I know! It's Total Annihilations fault. If it wasn't so good it wouldn't have ruined all over RTSes for me. The closest one is Planetary Annihilation which I have been enjoying a ton of.

Next month will be much easier though because Metroidvanias/Platformers are my favourite game genre and I have a ton of them :D I'm really excited. March was perhaps a clarification that I am not that into RTS games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

VideoGames posted:

I cannot wait to play Goofy space adventures :D
Cool, I'm looking forward to your Kingdom Hearts write-up.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A Mass Effect-style game with Disney characters would actually probably be cool

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I know! It's Total Annihilations fault. If it wasn't so good it wouldn't have ruined all over RTSes for me. The closest one is Planetary Annihilation which I have been enjoying a ton of.

Next month will be much easier though because Metroidvanias/Platformers are my favourite game genre and I have a ton of them :D I'm really excited. March was perhaps a clarification that I am not that into RTS games.

You should've allowed turn-based strategy into the month so you could enjoy X-com and maybe Valkyria Chronicles.

Hopefully you will have time to enjoy many Metroidvanias next month, the genre can get long in the tooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A Mass Effect-style game with Disney characters would actually probably be cool

A squad-based shooter with a lot of dialogue?

• Locked thread