Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stan Taylor posted:

Haven't multiple people mentioned having slowdowns in Isaac? Like you keep harping on him being a liar but it seems reasonable that he could have experienced frame rate issues.

There slowdown in the game, but Methodis tried to say the game once you reached the Womb would get slowdown at all times, where that only happened on the Vita. Now if you use the butt bomb item in the womb, YES it does get slowdown while the effect is active. But usually the only thing that causes slowdown is a lot of brimestone effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Astro7x posted:

So I have yet to actually play with the Joycons detached so far (pro controller 100% in docked mode)

Decided to try it tonight... the right joy con works fine 100% of the time. The left joycon cuts out if it's behind my back.

I guess my left joycon is hosed up? And Nintendo is replacing or repairing them now?

There's an easy fix if you're handy with a screwdriver and a soldering iron, or you can call their customer service and have it turned around for free in about 5-6 days

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Also a retailer nobody actually checks if you have one near you is Shopko, they have basically most accessories in Stock and their switches lasted the longest there outside of rural walmarts.

I mean poo poo my walmart had only gotten two zelda special editions on launch and I bought mine from them 5 days after launch, along with a pro controller.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 23, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Not a Children posted:

There's an easy fix if you're handy with a screwdriver and a soldering iron, or you can call their customer service and have it turned around for free in about 5-6 days

Ugh... maybe I'll wait to finish Zelda first then.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Ugh... maybe I'll wait to finish Zelda first then.

If you're really nice and sound sad enough they'll give you free overnight shipping.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I just downloaded VOEZ on my iPad to try it out and holy moly this game is great!

Anyone have experience playing it on the smaller iPad Pro who has also played it on the Switch? Which is the better device to play it on? I know I get a shitton of songs if I buy switch but am I going to have fun & be better at it on the iPad?

Thanks~

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Something to note about messed up left Joycons;

If sent to nintendo, they will not only fix it but renew your warranty for it as well! I also heard that they will fix any other issues they somehow find in your joycons/dock/tablet.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

C-SPAN Caller posted:

If you're really nice and sound sad enough they'll give you free overnight shipping.

"Help! I bought 1-2 Switch and have a rooftop party coming up soon! I don't want to let all of my hip friends down."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rirse posted:

There slowdown in the game, but Methodis tried to say the game once you reached the Womb would get slowdown at all times, where that only happened on the Vita. Now if you use the butt bomb item in the womb, YES it does get slowdown while the effect is active. But usually the only thing that causes slowdown is a lot of brimestone effects.

Yeah I'm all for being honest about how a game plays, but I've yet to encounter any slowdown whatsoever.

I've done a good dozen or so runs down to Sheol now, with some pretty whacky combos that fill the screen, and it's been running silky smooth no matter what i throw at it.

There is probably only a handful of combos out of thousands that would cause slowdown.

Zelda slows down more than Isaac :colbert:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I'm all for being honest about how a game plays, but I've yet to encounter any slowdown whatsoever.

I've done a good dozen or so runs down to Sheol now, with some pretty whacky combos that fill the screen, and it's been running silky smooth no matter what i throw at it.

There is probably only a handful of combos out of thousands that would cause slowdown.

Zelda slows down more than Isaac :colbert:

oh man you ain't seen nothing yet

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

oh man you ain't seen nothing yet

Such as?

I've out a good couple hundred hours into Isaac in PC

Isaac on the Switch is 100% my jam

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I welcome the very rare slowdown in Isaac. Makes poo poo easier to dodge in an unfair way. I've played it an absolute poo poo ton since Friday since I'm on spring break; wouldn't be surprised if I've already put 40 hours into it, and I've had one particular fight with a particular combo of items that modified the lighting in an already light-modified room that caused slowdown. That's it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

Such as?

I've out a good couple hundred hours into Isaac in PC

Isaac on the Switch is 100% my jam

So I played the hell out of Rebirth but hadn't really done anything with AB/AB+ yet, and found out things. I remember having to do weird contortions of poo poo with the Blank Card and Jera to "break" the game on the 3DS, but AB makes it uh

well

Dice Shards, Shop Restocks and stacking Steam Coupons are nuts (even before you add Chaos, and we won't talk about Sack Head) but make it really easy to even accidentally kill your framerate. Ironically enough I think the biggest offender right now is Sad Bombs in late runs, but yeah. Point being that I'm loving the game to death but there's pretty much a point during victory lap 1 or 2 where I have to basically either stop using tears or stop using bombs (or sometimes both :v:) if I want to be able to navigate from one side of an empty room to another in under 10 seconds. I even had one delightful run earlier tonight where I had Breakfast spawning in Satan's room by Caves II on a fresh run and still beat the Boss Rush timer.

Which is not to say that I'm not horribly addicted to this game (for, like, the third time), but there's absolutely slowdown and depending on your RNG I could absolutely see someone hitting it accidentally.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
At least the odds are likely it will get a patch later on to fix the framerate, as the Vita version had some REALLY bad framerate that got mostly fixed after about a week or two. Also while they are fixing that, hopefully they add the quick start button.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
A quick restart button binding would be nice too, but probably a pipe dream.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A "reuse seed" button plzkthx

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The hype for the Switch and the hype for the Wii U seem to be in polar opposites.

This is heavily reminding me of the Wii, whereas the Wii U was the wettest of farts.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Wii U was a good system with many great games that I hope get ported to the Switch.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Is Fast RMX any good? Lord knows I haven't played a decent F-Zero in years, and if it's good, I don't care if it's under a different name.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Please don't attack the poster. Please debate the opinion.
There are quite a few people who have reported slowdown with certain combinations. It could happen on PC so it wouldn't surprise me if it happened here too. Nicalis are not very good.

alr
May 14, 2009

Maple Leaf posted:

Is Fast RMX any good? Lord knows I haven't played a decent F-Zero in years, and if it's good, I don't care if it's under a different name.

I keep going back to it, it's not as enjoyable to me as F-Zero or Wipeout but it's good at what it does, especially for the price. Online is real barebones at the moment, you can't race with friends (it dumps you into a race in progress, once that race is complete you join and race as normal) and the netcode is not great. I've thought I've won a few races only to be told 2nd or 3rd. The online is supposedly getting an upgrade patch to allow lobbies and stuff. Tracks are mostly good, none of the ships seem like an overall "best" which is nice, just a reallocation of top speed/accel/boost/weight, so I play around with a few different ones. Personally I recommend it, it's really good

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

VideoGames posted:

There are quite a few people who have reported slowdown with certain combinations. It could happen on PC so it wouldn't surprise me if it happened here too. Nicalis are not very good.

I agree with you VideoGames but don't let "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions" go too far. Quite apart from the Isaac slowdown, that dude has been dropping in to post things that are blatantly untrue and scuttling away with a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I was disappointed with Fast RMX but that might be because I suck at it and can't be assed to learn it when zelda exists. Beating Zelda this weekend and now I'm deciding if its worth breaking into it more or just buying shovel knights since I have yet to play it (or really have any idea what the game plays like, I just know everyone loves it).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Thread criminals thrive on the indulgence of poster's understanding. Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lobstertainment posted:

I agree with you VideoGames but don't let "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions" go too far. Quite apart from the Isaac slowdown, that dude has been dropping in to post things that are blatantly untrue and scuttling away with a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am definitely watching Methodis (that's who he is) so when he does go to far it is sorted. It was merely the fact that Infinitium insulted him more than once. I don't want threads to become too combatative. I am trying to be as balanced as possible which is a bit of a tightrope and obviously I don't want to go too far the wrong way on either side. Everyone please continue to report miscreants! :D

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Thread criminals thrive on the indulgence of poster's understanding. Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

I find it tough not to be compassionate. If this is my downfall then I bow to it, safe in the knowledge that I was true to who I was. :sepuku:

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I am definitely watching Methodis (that's who he is) so when he does go to far it is sorted. It was merely the fact that Infinitium insulted him more than once. I don't want threads to become too combatative. I am trying to be as balanced as possible which is a bit of a tightrope and obviously I don't want to go too far the wrong way on either side. Everyone please continue to report miscreants! :D

I find it tough not to be compassionate. If this is my downfall then I bow to it, safe in the knowledge that I was true to who I was. :sepuku:

Fair enough and agreed.

I have to repeat: You're too good for this forum videogames.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EpicNemesis posted:

I was disappointed with Fast RMX but that might be because I suck at it and can't be assed to learn it when zelda exists. Beating Zelda this weekend and now I'm deciding if its worth breaking into it more or just buying shovel knights since I have yet to play it (or really have any idea what the game plays like, I just know everyone loves it).

Shovel Knight plays kinda like a combination of Mega Man and Castlevania but without feeling a ripoff of either. It's a fantastic game that captures the spirit of the best parts of 8bit platformers in general.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lobstertainment posted:

Fair enough and agreed.

I have to repeat: You're too good for this forum videogames.

You are honestly too kind.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Odd question

It's not switch exclusive, but in a lot of pause menus for games I get a weird sound from my speakers on my 5.1 system. Sounds almost like the sound from an old record player when it encounters dust on the groove. Only happens in pause menus (likely when sounds are minimal) and happens in all systems I own.

The dock is plugged into an hdmi hub into a Samsung audio system (then via hdmi into the TV).

Any clues? Been happening for years.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
In less than a month we have hit 200 pages on this thread. My question to Videogames is if he plans on clockblocking page 1000 again. I need to know before I get emotionally invested again.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
edit: removed, as the issue was already addressed by the moderator.

Wheany fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 23, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

EpicNemesis posted:

In less than a month we have hit 200 pages on this thread. My question to Videogames is if he plans on clockblocking page 1000 again. I need to know before I get emotionally invested again.

I'm a loose cannon. A dangerous fiend. A psiren with a penchant for panicking!
Who knows what will happen?! :getin:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Kirios posted:

The hype for the Switch and the hype for the Wii U seem to be in polar opposites.

This is heavily reminding me of the Wii, whereas the Wii U was the wettest of farts.

I actually looked up some articles from after the Wii U launch to see what was being said at the time. Around the New Year, so about 6 or so weeks after launch, Iwata was asked about how sales were going/how the launch went. His words were literally:

"Not bad"

So it was already bad enough at that point that Iwata couldn't even pull some corporate-speak and fake it or anything. I'm sure they thought they could overcome a slow launch like they did with the 3DS, but it's pretty clear that, even a few weeks in, the things that are being said about the Switch are vastly different than what was said about the Wii U at the time.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Xenoblade chronicles x made the WiiU worth at least borrowing for a month or so and is probably in my favorite top 10 games of the last 30 years. It also made really good use of the WiiU controller. Aside from that, the system was pretty poo poo and probably the updated wii bowling got the most use because my wife liked it.

I really hope they make a good xcx2 for switch.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

shortspecialbus posted:

Xenoblade chronicles x made the WiiU worth at least borrowing for a month or so and is probably in my favorite top 10 games of the last 30 years. It also made really good use of the WiiU controller. Aside from that, the system was pretty poo poo and probably the updated wii bowling got the most use because my wife liked it.

I really hope they make a good xcx2 for switch.

Perhaps, but they're not continuing from Xenoblade Chronicles X, but from the original Xenoblade Chronicles - at least according to my understanding of how sequel titling works. Other than that, we don't know how the game will play out, other than being HUUUGE.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Lobstertainment posted:

Why is Boi not on EU eshop and when will it be? I know I can just make an NA account but wtf?.
Because Nicalis I guess. They have said it's coming here (both physical and digital) but haven't indicated when.

Infinitum posted:

Snakepass out this week

Gonna snake me some passes
If by "this week" you mean "next week", sure. It's out on the 30th (although NOE's website says 29th and NOA's says 28th so who knows).

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Rexroom posted:

Perhaps, but they're not continuing from Xenoblade Chronicles X, but from the original Xenoblade Chronicles - at least according to my understanding of how sequel titling works. Other than that, we don't know how the game will play out, other than being HUUUGE.

I know they're making a Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I want a XCX2. The stories are entirely unconnected and the games are similar in name and some mechanics only. XC was great, but XCX had a story that really really grabbed me for some reason, plus flying mechs, yo.

And XCX ended on a hell of a sequel setup.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That is legitimately the first time in history anyone has praised the Xenoblade X story.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

XCX had a story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I stand by my opinion. I'm a sucker for ridiculous space operas and I just enjoyed the heck out of that game.

FWIW I absolutely love Jupiter Ascending despite it being categorically bad in every conceivable way, so you shouldn't pay any attention to my opinion when it comes to bad space things.

• Locked thread