Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Don't kid yourself, you'll never be as attractive as Bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thought of you and rosie

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Somebody photoshop that into a Jeep. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So what's the status of the Civic?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

So what's the status of the Civic?

Untouched and unloved in too long :(. Plus side is the longer I stay out of the 'job' I had, the more confident I am that I can have the window I need to finish my teeth and dentures, take care of the Civic, and actually plan this thing out to do it right. It's still a priority to leave Seattle, as I just plain know too many avenues to get poo poo from Everett to Tacoma. It'll do me good, but it's not the full siren red alert safety issue it could have been. I just need to stop jerking it in the bottom of this well

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Stay safe Dave, we love you in a weird platonic way but let's not kid, the innocent parties we want to see safe most are Rosie and the civic :v:

Can she drive stick?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Come on now. Cats drive with WASD... and a mouse.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cakesmith handyman posted:

Stay safe Dave, we love you in a weird platonic way but let's not kid, the innocent parties we want to see safe most are Rosie and the civic :v:

Can she drive stick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywQEcv22Mdk

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

I knew what that was going to be before I clicked... NO RAGRATS!

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

I keep telling you Wisconsin is where its at fam!

Truth.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Wisconsin wutup!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Step one to lifestyle repair: pick up honest work again.

Step two. Don't learn a single God drat thing.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
What are we looking for? Is that El Chapos truck or something?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I think that's the coffee shop across the street that was featured in the previous thread before Dick's Valentine adventure.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I think that's the coffee shop across the street that was featured in the previous thread before Dick's Valentine adventure.

Yeah but he was talking about getting back on track, and while Slate are a bunch of pretentious rear end holes I doubt they were helping him relapse into a life of crime

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Fresh truck damage?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Seminal Flu posted:

Fresh truck damage?

That's his Indian name

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

Fresh truck damage?

Lol yeah roomie stuffed it into a barrier looks like just a bumper and a fender good to go, maybe even ghetto frame shop it back into good enough

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DICK DICER posted:

Lol yeah roomie stuffed it into a barrier looks like just a bumper and a fender good to go, maybe even ghetto frame shop it back into good enough

From the way the hood's sprung, also bent radiator support and def. frame tweaking, since he opened the door and bent the fender.

Never open the door. That just makes more body shop work that could be avoided by going out the other door/window/whatevs.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Maksimus54 posted:

Yeah but he was talking about getting back on track, and while Slate are a bunch of pretentious rear end holes I doubt they were helping him relapse into a life of crime
Yeah I just meant he was back at the same old spot doing the same old part-time mechanic work instead of finding a way out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

From the way the hood's sprung, also bent radiator support and def. frame tweaking, since he opened the door and bent the fender.

Never open the door. That just makes more body shop work that could be avoided by going out the other door/window/whatevs.

Hopefully they just popped the hood to see if there was rad damage.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
hey dave why not hit up labor ready or something similar? better than working on cars for pennies

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Rhyno posted:

Hopefully they just popped the hood to see if there was rad damage.

Turned out it wasn't rad it was just tubular.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BraveUlysses posted:

hey dave why not hit up labor ready or something similar? better than working on cars for pennies

Getting up at 5 in the morning to go sit in an office for 3 hours loving blows. But once you build a reputation as reliable, they'll call you with the leftover jobs.

I did LaborWorks between college semesters, it was rarely interesting and usually dumb poo poo like helping some dipshit landlord destroy a sewer pipe "That totally isn't in use any more"

*shower water and turds slowly fill up the 30-gallon trashcan under the broken pipe*

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

therobit posted:

Damage can be pretty gnarly at times.

Tubular is the hardest loving level ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr6HkaNhO6Y

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 21, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

therobit posted:

Beat me to it, with a better pun no less.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

Getting up at 5 in the morning to go sit in an office for 3 hours loving blows. But once you build a reputation as reliable, they'll call you with the leftover jobs.

I did LaborWorks between college semesters, it was rarely interesting and usually dumb poo poo like helping some dipshit landlord destroy a sewer pipe "That totally isn't in use any more"

*shower water and turds slowly fill up the 30-gallon trashcan under the broken pipe*

I'm sure it is but working on cars all day for almost nothing, in bad weather isn't great either.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I feel david needs to be a motivational speaker for jr high kids, or a short order cook.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
I think I found Dave's Chariot, which will deliver him to Valentine, Shiny and Chrome.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6032373838.html

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just noticed I forgot to submit this post yesterday in my tabs and lol whoops:

One year apart exactly:

Working on the truck I found tarot cards all over. The first three in order I picked up.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Looks like a you are going to get a letter notifying you of the Harbor Freight tool class action settlement. Hundreds of coins will soon be yours!

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Looks like a you are going to get a letter notifying you of the Harbor Freight tool class action settlement. Hundreds of coins will soon be yours!

OMG we'll all be rich in economy 6.0!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
And they said the block chain would never take off

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

The past: Page of Swords

The Page of Swords has the mental outlook and philosophy of a child, and he is constantly fascinated with matters of the mind. As an event, the Page of Swords deals with insight and perception, and use of one's inherent mental powers. Due to its assocations with subtlety and even espionage, the Page of Swords can show either the commencement of an act of spying, or the detection of a spy.
The Page always expresses his true feelings, though he is always able to camouflage his true intent if he wants to. When he decides to throw away diplomacy and call things like he sees them, prepare for a serious reality check. Expand your mind, learn how to do new things and have fun doing them. Seek out the truth, regardless of the consequences, and try to become more adept in the use of your mind.

The Present: King of Pentacles

The King of Pentacles is a lot like King Midas - everything he touches turns to gold. He is a pillar of financial stability, with wealth and experience to share with everybody. He's similar to the Knight in that whatever he says he will do, will get done. But where the Knight takes on responsibility for the sake of responsibility, the King is in it for profit.
When he appears, know that you have reached the height of achievement and you don't need to take any more risks. Simply watch for the right time to draw money and wealth to yourself.

The Future: Judgement

This is another card of transition, like Death and the Tower, but its energy is neither violent nor catastrophic despite the fact that its power is far greater. This is the energy of creation without destruction, impossible on the material plane but certainly possible in the world of the spirit. There is rebirth not through discarding negativity, but through integration of all parts of the self. The spirit is cleansed and restored without loss or addition. It remains the same, but different.
Judgement's appearance in a reading often signals that a major change is heading your way, but unlike Death and the Tower, the change will not be a destructive one. The change is under your control, and in fact you can even turn your back on it if you wish. In time, however, you will likely regret doing so - this is another lesson of Judgement. Decisions such as the one it offers are necessary to growth and spiritual development, and you cannot run from them forever.
Judgement is also a card of cleansing, representing a time where your slate is wiped clean and you can start over, with all your debts taken care of and with nothing to worry about. Put the past behind you and look to the future, ready to begin again. Now is time for a definite step, so don't let the shadows of the past hold you back.

:shrug:

Other standard three-card readings: Hope, fear, opportunity; An idea or plan, criticism, action; Body, mind, spirit

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wolfsbane posted:

The past: Page of Swords

The Page of Swords has the mental outlook and philosophy of a child, and he is constantly fascinated with matters of the mind. As an event, the Page of Swords deals with insight and perception, and use of one's inherent mental powers. Due to its assocations with subtlety and even espionage, the Page of Swords can show either the commencement of an act of spying, or the detection of a spy.
The Page always expresses his true feelings, though he is always able to camouflage his true intent if he wants to. When he decides to throw away diplomacy and call things like he sees them, prepare for a serious reality check. Expand your mind, learn how to do new things and have fun doing them. Seek out the truth, regardless of the consequences, and try to become more adept in the use of your mind.

The Present: King of Pentacles

The King of Pentacles is a lot like King Midas - everything he touches turns to gold. He is a pillar of financial stability, with wealth and experience to share with everybody. He's similar to the Knight in that whatever he says he will do, will get done. But where the Knight takes on responsibility for the sake of responsibility, the King is in it for profit.
When he appears, know that you have reached the height of achievement and you don't need to take any more risks. Simply watch for the right time to draw money and wealth to yourself.

The Future: Judgement

This is another card of transition, like Death and the Tower, but its energy is neither violent nor catastrophic despite the fact that its power is far greater. This is the energy of creation without destruction, impossible on the material plane but certainly possible in the world of the spirit. There is rebirth not through discarding negativity, but through integration of all parts of the self. The spirit is cleansed and restored without loss or addition. It remains the same, but different.
Judgement's appearance in a reading often signals that a major change is heading your way, but unlike Death and the Tower, the change will not be a destructive one. The change is under your control, and in fact you can even turn your back on it if you wish. In time, however, you will likely regret doing so - this is another lesson of Judgement. Decisions such as the one it offers are necessary to growth and spiritual development, and you cannot run from them forever.
Judgement is also a card of cleansing, representing a time where your slate is wiped clean and you can start over, with all your debts taken care of and with nothing to worry about. Put the past behind you and look to the future, ready to begin again. Now is time for a definite step, so don't let the shadows of the past hold you back.
:shrug:

Other standard three-card readings: Hope, fear, opportunity; An idea or plan, criticism, action; Body, mind, spirit

"When he decides to throw away diplomacy and call things like he sees them, prepare for a serious reality check. Expand your mind, learn how to do new things and have fun doing them. Seek out the truth, regardless of the consequences, and try to become more adept in the use of your mind. "
Think clearly about your goals

"When he appears, know that you have reached the height of achievement and you don't need to take any more risks. Simply watch for the right time to draw money and wealth to yourself."
Time to move to Valentine, get a job

"Judgement is also a card of cleansing, representing a time where your slate is wiped clean and you can start over, with all your debts taken care of and with nothing to worry about. Put the past behind you and look to the future, ready to begin again. Now is time for a definite step, so don't let the shadows of the past hold you back."
Go clean, break with your past mistakes

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Or it means stop driving drug dealers around and sell my own and not go to jail since some magic pokemon cards said I wouldn't get busted, it's all kind of vague.

Not much car work today, worked on getting a court hearing because apparently I am getting my license suspended for an unpaid ticket from wyoming

Oops

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

DICK DICER posted:

Or it means stop driving drug dealers around and sell my own and not go to jail since some magic pokemon cards said I wouldn't get busted, it's all kind of vague.

Not much car work today, worked on getting a court hearing because apparently I am getting my license suspended for an unpaid ticket from wyoming

Oops

I guess the Jeep is trying to get it's revenge?

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Can you still get a California license? IIRC that's what the SuperSpeeders guys did.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tell ya what I missed. Every last set of loving eyes locked onto me while I weave my delicate ballet of chaos into a vortex of desolation and rebirth as I juggle three side jobs simultaneously in front of the coffee shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Free entertainment w/ latte!

• Locked thread