Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm guessing at this point they just want to delay it until people aren't paying attention ala the various incarnations of whatever they are calling the current net neutrality bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

trump schedule for today. the rumored freedumb caucus meeting at the white house before lunch is in fact happening, so the house surely won't vote on the ahca until this afternoon at the earliest. there is also the event with truck drivers and trucking industry representatives that spicey announced in his tuesday briefing

10:30 AM Receive daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
11:30 AM Meet with House Freedom Caucus members – Cabinet Room
12:30 PM Lunch with Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin and Nelson Peltz – Presidential Dining Room
3:00 PM Welcome truckers and CEOs – South Portico
3:25 PM Lead a listening session with truckers and CEOs regarding health care – Cabinet Room

spicey time is 1:30

truckers eh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6Sw26gUQo

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lamentable dustman posted:

Did the CBO ever release their chart or no because no one can keep track of what's in this bill now?

They did but it was just the Everything Is Fine dog.

(I don't think they've released anything new yet, no.)

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

i just saw that the "same day rule" means they can bring it to a vote anytime between now and monday

so there's a chance this poo poo gets pushed off depending on what happens with the 11:30 meeting between pissbaby and the FC

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

docbeard posted:

I assume that the next version of the AHCA is going to just flat-out make health insurance illegal.

So called "doctors" can't even stop people from dying. Sad!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Two Guatemalan Sisters Say Border Patrol Agents Sexually Assaulted Them

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

theyll pass the bill and then just amend it to read "doctors just rip out your skull and spinal column and wave it in the air screaming and then polish it up for the trophy wall"

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

i just saw that the "same day rule" means they can bring it to a vote anytime between now and monday

so there's a chance this poo poo gets pushed off depending on what happens with the 11:30 meeting between pissbaby and the FC

Dollars to donuts the vote is today

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

docbeard posted:

...I'm just gonna stop you right there

or the people who do his thinking for him

you know what I mean

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

We're in a situation where the president of the united states could be locked in a room for weeks with people explaining what the health care law is and does and at the end of it could not explain what Medicaid block grants are, what mechanism was used to replace the mandate, or how the tax credits work. The guy is operating on nothing but bluster and an IQ I'd gauge in the mid 80's. You're never going to get anything more than self aggrandizing and non seneseical walls of text when any policy position is asked of him. We elected the first president physically incapable of understanding policy on any level.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

And a whole bunch of other people too I bet

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Pissbaby and the FC is my fave drivetime duo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Fireside Nut posted:

This is spot on. Basically, if the bill passes it's a massive win for trump. It doesn't matter what's in it, or who it kills. All that matters is he gets to say he repealed Obamacare.

All that matters is winning. The sort of people who gravitate to that side of the political spectrum don't care about anything else.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Today we did what Democrats could not: implemented a true single-payer health care system in America.

(It's you, the patient. You are the single payer.)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

docbeard posted:

Today we did what Democrats could not: implemented a true single-payer health care system in America.

(It's you, the patient. You are the single payer.)

lol

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

They're going to push the vote to Monday morning at 2:00 AM and it's going to pass.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

punchymcpunch posted:

theyll pass the bill and then just amend it to read "doctors just rip out your skull and spinal column and wave it in the air screaming and then polish it up for the trophy wall"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

justg woke up does bill pass?!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zegermans posted:

Yes, Obamacare is dead. RIP.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

bill got retweeted twice by potus

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/844908370507317249

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Monday's Schedule:

9 AM: Special Fun Retreat For Democratic Members of Congress Only. Attendance Mandatory.

9:01 AM: Vote on AHCA

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
People just have to make choices ya know? Do you really need two kidneys? Maybe forgo having two kidneys and instead sell one and invest in your Healthcare

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Wall Street nervous they won't get the tax cuts in the bill lol

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Trump's had multiple media platforms since the 80s, twitter didn't make him president. America's overweening narcissism did that

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

People just have to make choices ya know? Do you really need two kidneys? Maybe forgo having two kidneys and instead sell one and invest in your Healthcare

That's what the HSAs are for, duh.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

We talk about how bad poverty is in this country but did you know that 99% of all so-called poor people still have their entire liver?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

trump likes twitter so twitter is bad bing bong so simple

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

#woke

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

paul manatarms has been taking backhanders from evil lynn

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

We're in a situation where the president of the united states could be locked in a room for weeks with people explaining what the health care law is and does and at the end of it could not explain what Medicaid block grants are, what mechanism was used to replace the mandate, or how the tax credits work. The guy is operating on nothing but bluster and an IQ I'd gauge in the mid 80's. You're never going to get anything more than self aggrandizing and non seneseical walls of text when any policy position is asked of him. We elected the first president physically incapable of understanding policy on any level.

pretty sure reagan existed

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Call your Dem reps. THis poo poo about Gorsich is appalling.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SpaceGoku posted:

if trump is thinking about this strategically at all then not knowing what's in the bill is actually an excellent plan for him, specifically

his supporters seem willing to swallow any poo poo he stuffs into their mouths so a huge number of them would nod and cheer when he said it wasn't his fault that he signed the bill he didn't understand

Teump just following precedent. https://youtu.be/VGdWIwiVMF4

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Just to ruin that dick's weekend, twitter should spam this to his POTUS and personal account.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

lol manafort is SOOOOOOOOOO hosed

Till piss baby pardons him.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So excited for the TRUMP STRIKES A DEAL headlines later today

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Shageletic posted:

What poo poo? I have a hard time keeping up with the literal fecal tidal wave hitting me at all hours of the day, non stop

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

hmmmmmm

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Shageletic posted:

what happened with him? i didnt se in the blizzard of our goverment is full of traitors news that doesnt actually matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

docbeard posted:

Monday's Schedule:

9 AM: Special Fun Retreat For Democratic Members of Congress Only. Attendance Mandatory.

9:01 AM: Vote on AHCA

this requires trump to on some level believe that ahca is loving dumb and will fail, so itll be more like

9:00 AM: Vote on AHCA

9:01 AM: Victory party for unanimous support of AHCA

• Locked thread