Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Yeah, was that what people meant by the game having 'the best title card drop ever seen' or whatever it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

RanKizama posted:

The entire opening sequence to Route C/D is loving amazing. Enjoy!

Speaking of... (Route C/D Spoilers)
Whatever happened to 6O? Anything special or did she just go down in the Bunker with everyone else? I liked her.

I think she went down with the Bunker, sadly...

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

RanKizama posted:

The entire opening sequence to Route C/D is loving amazing. Enjoy!

Speaking of... (Route C/D Spoilers)
Whatever happened to 6O? Anything special or did she just go down in the Bunker with everyone else? I liked her.

She went down with the bunker. If you completed her sidequests then while you're escaping she talks to 2B over the intercom, thanking her for the flowers even as the logic virus is infecting her. :cry:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Tarezax posted:

I think she went down with the Bunker, sadly...

Route CDE spoilers.

It's pretty clear by the time you get to the true ending that every YoRHa member other than 2B, 9S, and A2 are dead.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Hommando posted:

Route CDE spoilers.

It's pretty clear by the time you get to the true ending that every YoRHa member other than 2B, 9S, and A2 are dead.

Unless they get killed offscreen somehow after you enter the tower, the Yorha members at the oil field (drugged out of their minds), the one at the Oasis (Has no idea anything is going on, perfectly happy spending their time there), and the Scanner in the castle library should still be fine.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 23, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Hommando posted:

Route CDE spoilers.

Do the desert stoner YoRHa survive? I never checked Oil Field in route C

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Eopia posted:

She went down with the bunker. If you completed her sidequests then while you're escaping she talks to 2B over the intercom, thanking her for the flowers even as the logic virus is infecting her. :cry:
poo poo, I must have missed that in all of my "Oh gently caress gotta go!" panic mode. Will replay. Thanks!

Question about the music. Are the vocals for most of the tracks in any particular language or is it just gibberish?

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 23, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Eopia posted:

Unless they get killed offscreen somehow after you enter the tower, the Yorha members at the oil field (drugged out of their minds), the one at the Oasis (Has no idea anything is going on, perfectly happy spending their time there), and the Scanner in the castle library should still be fine.

Yeah, I think any YoRHa that hadn't synced up with the server in a long time are fine as long as they didn't run into infected units capable of spreading the virus. It's quite possible there's a bunch of deserters and other isolated survivors out there besides the few you see in-game.

Edit: Post-ending E, with the machines presumably gone off on their Ark, I would love to see some sort of epilogue with the protagonists, Yorha survivors, and the Resistance building a new society for themselves. Mankind's children, finally stepping out from under the shadow of their parents.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 23, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Eopia posted:

Yep, I loved this. Yoko Taro twists the knife in the best way

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RanKizama posted:

Question about the music. Are the vocals for most of the tracks in any particular language or is it just gibberish?

Made up. It's Nier 1, but here's an interview with Emi Evans about it: http://www.originalsoundversion.com/deep-into-nier-interview-with-vocalist-and-lyricist-emi-evans/

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I like the Chaos language, but I'm disappointed she didn't go the extra mile to make it an actual functional language like the Ar Tonelico people did

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Tarezax posted:

I like the Chaos language, but I'm disappointed she didn't go the extra mile to make it an actual functional language like the Ar Tonelico people did

Hymnos is barely functional.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Emi singing Ar tonelico music would be incredibly my poo poo.

Ending E
Pod 040 says all YoRHa black box signals are offline so the druggies and others you come across are also dead.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I beat this game like a week ago and still miss it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

On my second playthrough of the game. I'm lingering in the final moments of route A, doing as much as I can. knowing what's to come makes everything even worse, somehow. At least there's route B to act as a stay of execution of sorts.

On the gameplay flipside, knowing what I am doing means I am way more kitted out than previously. My 2B is roiding out something fierce here.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I tried fighting Emil and oh man, I was doing no loving damage. I hacked him like ten times and loving nothing. I guess I need to level up more

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

How the hell do you avoid Emil's one hit kill move

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I just got out the opening sections of Route C.

She's gone? I... what? I don't even care that Hell's own version of the Disney Castle has sprung up, I'm still in shock.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

She's gone? I... what? I don't even care that Hell's own version of the Disney Castle has sprung up, I'm still in shock.

You're not the only one who takes it hard.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

There are no brakes on the despair train.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Hommando posted:

There are no brakes on the despair train.

No one stops. It's way to late to STOP!

NO ONE STOOOOOOOPS!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nina posted:

How the hell do you avoid Emil's one hit kill move

Superboss: You kill him before he uses it.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

So, uh, I managed to make it to a forest last night.

I'm not sure where the machines found their concept of chivalry, let the idea of a mounted knight, but jeez louise, they've been training for this for a while. And uh, I did NOT like what went down at the top of that castle. That was really, really hosed up. :stare:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Question about a Special Shop Keeper Head

Does he spawn anymore after you do his quest? I did it and I haven't seen his head pop up around the city at all

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Regy Rusty posted:

Superboss: You kill him before he uses it.

I mean the first superboss btw. He uses the big full room bomb way at the end of the fight every time.

I guess I should try hacking but I find it much easier to deplete his health normally

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nina posted:

I mean the first superboss btw. He uses the big full room bomb way at the end of the fight every time.

I guess I should try hacking but I find it much easier to deplete his health normally

I knew which one you meant, my advice stands.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
For anyone that has gotten ending E, did anyone else feel that the final checkpoint during the bullet hell sequence was deliberately insanely difficult to make a point? A recurring theme throughout the game was loneliness and despair caused by losing your friends, even the English part of the ending song was about how unrealistic it was to take on the world alone. The loss theme gets completely subverted by the option to give in and ask for help, which makes the final checkpoint a breeze and leads to the main characters being reunited. I was persistent enough to spend over 5 hours playing the tutorial on hard until I was successful, but I could not deal with the credits sequence.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hommando posted:

For anyone that has gotten ending E, did anyone else feel that the final checkpoint during the bullet hell sequence was deliberately insanely difficult to make a point?

Absolutely. I think the final checkpoint is close to being impossible for someone that isn't doing a TAS. It's meant to echo how the Pods, through their love for the protagonists, break the bonds of their programming, just as you, the player, break the bonds of the game's mechanics through the love of others.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Regy Rusty posted:

I knew which one you meant, my advice stands.

Well drat you have to deal a ton of damage really fast then

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Nina posted:

Well drat you have to deal a ton of damage really fast then

Stack revive chips and pray.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Vermain posted:

Absolutely. I think the final checkpoint is close to being impossible for someone that isn't doing a TAS. It's meant to echo how the Pods, through their love for the protagonists, break the bonds of their programming, just as you, the player, break the bonds of the game's mechanics through the love of others.

Someone in imp zone tried to do it without help and said that after many, many restarts the credits just stopped taking damage entirely. Surprised no one on pc has cheated their way through it yet.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I was right, there were gauntlets with Machine Brand. Finished the sword and axe at least. Does the discount stack though, can I equip all four weapons and get super discounts? Not that that would be necessary, but it would be funny.

Also Mid C gently caress, Pascal's village is depressing after The Event

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

McDragon posted:

I was right, there were gauntlets with Machine Brand. Finished the sword and axe at least. Does the discount stack though, can I equip all four weapons and get super discounts? Not that that would be necessary, but it would be funny.

I think having two in the set you have on stacks. It makes farming for money by hopping chapters and exploiting machine vendors ridiculously quick. I made 1,500,000 in like 10 minutes

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd assume that the inactive set wouldn't affect anything as they're not active so no 4x stacking of discounts but I've not checked so this comment is actually just I dunno lol but more reasoned

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What does the projectile move in the Combat Bracer moveset do? It doesn't seem to do anything at all... I'm guessing it does "stun damage", but I haven't been able to determine what effect that has by observation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lets hang out posted:

Someone in imp zone tried to do it without help and said that after many, many restarts the credits just stopped taking damage entirely. Surprised no one on pc has cheated their way through it yet.

That's hosed up that the game won't let you beat it without help. That ending falls even flatter for me.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I think the discount weapon effects even work if they're not equipped in any weapon set. I noticed this when I had a sword that had it for the Resistance in my inventory and was checking a vendor's inventory to see if they were stocking new stuff and something that had been 100 earlier was now something like 70.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Goons please stream more, I am tired of watching bad streamers who are 100% against getting better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No can do, I have bad upload and an even worse personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

lets hang out posted:

The first time I went for ending E it turned out a patch had been pushed during my play session. As a result, it was impossible for me to connect to the server and get assistance, since I had an outdated version of the game. In fact, I didn't even know assistance was a thing, since it gives you no such indication if you're offline. I wasted an eternity trying to get through the last bit of the credits before looking it up online. At which point I realized I would have to redo the entire final fight and credit sequence, since I had to restart the game to patch it and the game makes no auto-saves and blocks manual saves during the entire sequence.

I was pretty salty and it took some of the punch away. :(