Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Sierra leaning over and giving Malcolm a kiss as the votes are being read was so loving rude it's amazing.

Was that intended as a rude "kiss-off"? I just thought it was an affectionate "goodbye, sad to see you go" type kiss, but then again, I can't remember if they were on the same tribe and spent time together earlier in the season.

Also, JT's hosed. That was some dumb poo poo he pulled.It's a shame too, cuz he was one o the more interesting and likeable players up to this point

savinhill fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sandra's gonna lay into him, most likely.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

JT was pretty boned already though, he was outnumbered 5-1 in that tribe and was always going to go home as soon as his tribe went to a regular TC. Doing something there was worth a shot. Like yeah everyone is going to hate him on his tribe now but is he really worse off than before? And that's with it failing spectacularly. If Sandra went out he plus Malcolm would be 2/5 and would only need to pull 1 person. He probably should have just had the confidence to outright say he was voting Sandra though, because the play he did make relied on the other tribe having an idol in order for it to be a play at all. Maybe the idol information was just sort of out there?

Speaking of, JT's tribe really hosed up when Hali said she wasn't ready to vote. I mean, she was their one potential ally over on the other tribe. At that moment she very liekly had valuable information, knew her people were going to play the idol for Sierra, and Sandra and Nuku were like shut up Hali let's vote.

Lone Goat posted:

Did they say that there was going to be a live Know it Alls in Toronto in May, or is that event going to be BB Canada related?
There will be two events including a live KIA. The BBCAN event will have more alumni

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 23, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also Aubry has been practically invisible. Michaela hasn't been doing much better, either, but she had some screentime in the first episode. Still doesn't really bode well for them if they've been so downplayed.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I forgot Andrea was even on this season until she crushed Varner's heart and balls

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also Aubry has been practically invisible. Michaela hasn't been doing much better, either, but she had some screentime in the first episode. Still doesn't really bode well for them if they've been so downplayed.
Michaela has great blurts, like the scene is about someone or something else but Michaela gets in there by exclaiming like "You're going to have to start over at a new camp!" or "Tribal together?!" or "JT ratted us out"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Sierra leaning over and giving Malcolm a kiss as the votes are being read was so loving rude it's amazing.

Wigler: Your name comes up. How much do you remember about what happened next? For example, you received the kiss of death from Sierra. Do you even remember that?

Malcolm: Sierra is my good buddy in real life. You know my Dirty 30 connections. I think I grabbed her leg, because she’s my friend, and that’s why she gave me the kiss. And then I think she said, “I love you.” But they cut that out.

https://parade.com/557278/joshwigler/survivor-game-changers-malcolm-freberg-exit-interview/

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Please do not ruin a perfectly good narrative with "what actually happened".

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Interesting that JT knew he had apparently really hosed up halfway through that Tribal.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah, I don't think this was a great twist. It's not Outcast levels bad, Malcolm got screwed really badly, worse than a tribe swap or rock draw.

No? He lost to an idol play and a disloyal ally.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Aubrey was invisible in Kaoh Rong until the merge. We've had lots of Malcolm scenes in the first couple episodes. Visibility isn't as important as it used to be in the edit.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 23, 2017

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The editors seem to be really pulling a "Michaela is right in almost every situation but gets shouted down/ignored by stronger personalities.".

She's getting votes at FTC.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was shocked by the twist last night but in the light of day, I kinda liked the twist, with the caveat that they should allow for the two tribes to talk before the tribal.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

No? He lost to an idol play and a disloyal ally.
Yeah, I guess when you erase all the noise, it's sort of similar to Savage's exit in Second Chances. Joe leaks the vote and an idol bounces him when he had a majority. The big difference is, I think, it's so much earlier and Savage was always going to go sooner or later while Malcolm still had potential. But there've been other bad beats before.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

And, of course, at least Savage made it to the jury.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
confirmed dateable

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Fast Luck posted:

Michaela has great blurts, like the scene is about someone or something else but Michaela gets in there by exclaiming like "You're going to have to start over at a new camp!" or "Tribal together?!" or "JT ratted us out"

I was a big fan of her butting into Sierra's attempts to assure Hali at TC

"You know where you stand with us" :)
"Yeah, on the outside right where they put you!"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Culpepper doing that pseudo threat and Hali shooting back by telling him that was a terrible way to sell it was maybe the only critique of Brad that I could make from last night. You can see in his face he realized he didn't word it well.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I like the angle that Nuku is now absolutely neutered for challenges without Malcolm.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm glad Sandra is still around but boy this old Mana washout is not looking good.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, that's 4 Mana down, those are bad numbers.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If they're even doing Mana-Nuku in the first place. They swapped so early it could go down to the three tribe lines.

Honestly if I was J.T. I'd be really scared going back to camp. You've basically burned every possible bridge you have of mending fences with the rest of your tribe, and it didn't even work out in your favour.

Is Malcolm the biggest fan favourite to go out? I mean people loved Tony, but he had his dissenters too, and at least he played himself out. Malcolm was generally well-liked, and taken out in a twist probably nobody thought was completely fair - either you have the numbers going in, or you get completely overplayed/betrayed. And unlike a merge situation, you don't have the time to try and swing people over.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Well Malcolm seems to be the Facebook mum pick. Apparently they really hate Sandra too.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Are we ever going to see Malcolm again?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

He said on RHAP that he wants to and feels like he has unfinished business!

I think his chances are good, he's likeable and still capable of being a threat.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I'm really disliking Sierra. I know she's in a crap position because either she gets slated for not making moves or slated for taking out the big characters but even her mannerisms are annoying me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Professor Shark posted:

I hope not. I don't think anyone needs a fourth game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

He said as much. He said if they ask him he doesn't know what he would say, but he feels like 3 is his cap.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Sandra does after she closes out this one.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Max posted:

He said as much. He said if they ask him he doesn't know what he would say, but he feels like 3 is his cap.
Hmm, on the RHAP interview that's not quite it... He says he thought this was his last shot ever, that Survivor/CBS kind of do a three tries you're done thing, but that if they invite him back he's more ready than ever.

Also says JT told the other side to vote Sandra and when they wouldn't came back and told everyone to change the target off Sierra but wouldn't say why haha. So like he knew his Sandra play wasn't working, and knew he'd leaked his tribe's target, but didn't want to come clean about it, so it ended up they didn't change the vote.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 24, 2017

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

MisterZimbu posted:

If they ever do manage an all-winners season there is zero chance she does not come back for it

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah, it's quite obvious that J.T. overplayed. He gave away too much information, and he should have just sucked it up, tell them why they should switch the vote, and then go back and get a proper grilling. Now he's very adamantly 1v4. And he should have heeded the warning Brad gave Hali. Even if he got Sandra voted out, he's going back to camp outnumbered; him and Malcolm vs. Aubry, Varner and Michaela.

His best hope right now is to keep winning immunity for his tribe, otherwise he's a dead man walking. Honestly the more he plays the more he's going to come off as Ozzy with more charisma - never trust the guy with strategy.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 24, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MisterZimbu posted:

You're absolutely right.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Something from all of this is that the third tribe will think that JT worked with his new tribe and vote erratically out of it comes to it.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Fast Luck posted:

Lone Goat posted:

Did they say that there was going to be a live Know it Alls in Toronto in May, or is that event going to be BB Canada related?

There will be two events including a live KIA. The BBCAN event will have more alumni

:siren: Breaking news :siren:
Will definitely attend. Where can I find out more? Are tix on sale yet?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sad news about monica losing her job though

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm rooting for a Sandra win now

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

ApplesandOranges posted:

Weirdly Aubry has a really interesting storyline that goes into more detail about how their tribe's dynamic is secretly failing. But they're not showing that so ????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIwCEJEBvVs

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The more I think about it, the more I think this wasn't a great twist. Even if the person eliminated was say Sierra, it wouldn't have been fair to her. She had no chance of communicating with the other tribe. Heck, if it was someone like Tony that was eliminated, there would be foul decries of it for years to come.

On a setting like One World? This twist would actually have been good - both tribes were living on the same beach. But here, it was just kind of chaos for chaos' sake. Like a merge without any of the benefits of merging.

The idea has potential, it was just sloppy in the finer details. Not Medallion of Power bad at least.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I loved the twist. I hated that it took out Malcolm because I like him a lot. And he was like visibly and audibly shaken by that and I can't blame him at all. But Survivor is never fair and tons of people have gotten screwed by twists. That's part of Survivor. You can be on top of the world and then a twist screws you. Its just one of the elements that you have to try and deal with. And this was a fun as hell one to watch.

And at least Sandra survived, and I'm still rooting for her to somehow pull this off. By all rights she probably should have been gone this week (again) if JT and Malcolm had followed through on their thoughts and tried to flip a Varner or Aubrey to help target Sandra. I was convinced that was how it was going to play out.

I love JT but that was idiotic. Like, if you're going to betray your tribe and give away who they're targeting why not finish it? Do that tribe flip on Sandra. There's a chance it screws you if they don't listen, vote out Malcolm, and leave you outnumbered on a tribe you betrayed. But oh look... that's where you are now. At least then you were trying to make a power move on your tribe to take control. I don't really know what JT was hoping to accomplish the way he played. I guess he expected Sandra to go and that he'd be able to manage the fallout of betrayal with "we had to get Sandra out".

But drat it, JT, you need to think through your ideas better. And find a Fishbauch to bounce them off of.

I love Hali now. She didn't have a lot of room to work there since betraying her tribe just leaves her vulnerable to revenge, but then Culpepper and Sierra all but threaten her in Tribal and it gives understandable reason to be like "well, gently caress it." She tried even though it wasn't really working. And she was just fun with "I don't consent" and "Ok, I'll vote but you might regret it" or "If that's the way we're going to play it." Hali's taking Malcolm's spot on my favorites squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I apparently forgot to subscribe to the show after episode 2 but it was so bad I didn't mind hopping back on next week, but apparently episode 3 was so good that I can't exactly even tell who was voted out by reading the live posts during the thread so I guess I will go watch it.

• Locked thread