Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

🤔intensifies

this doesn't look like anything to me

literally

there's just an empty box there

ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I guarantee he plays pickup in the FBI gym with the assistant directors just to alpha bully them on the basketball court.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

literally

ed balls

its a thinking emoji

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
AHCA passing is literally the republicans annihilating their own constituency in order to make my life better which seems kind of odd tactically :confused:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mollycrabapple/status/844909911146479616

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/844876654522523648

lol

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Serf posted:

literally

ed balls

:same:
is this what happens when people post their phone emojis?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i believe fake news

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'll be seriously thrilled if the ACHA doesn't pass the House, but the House is filled with a bunch of feckless cowards that are getting bullied by a fat orange baby who may be actually retarded.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

i feel bad for these computers

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Reps are going to literally kill the filibuster and then hopefully lose their strangle hold in 2018 and get mega-hosed.

let me tell you how this will go lest you think things matter

repubs will kill the filibuster but swear up and down it'll only be for supreme court nominees since it's tit-for-tat over the federal judges filibuster, very little will get done due to Trump's idiocy so they won't be tested

dems will believe them

when/if (lol) they regain power any bill they attempt will be filibustered, they will allow it because golly gee whiz it's only fair and we might need it later

the very next time republicans have power and an actual thing they want they will obliterate the filibuster in a nanosecond and the dems once again eat poo poo

Serf
May 5, 2011

fits my needs posted:

its a thinking emoji

oh lol

nothing to think about really

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Aurubin posted:

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was the bodyguard to a young Joan of Arc like figure at the start of dark ages Britain. She went mad with power and I fled to Persia. I was also Titus Pullo from the HBO show Rome.

This is why Trump won.

what was dream persia like

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oh my god

"do you stand with the god emperor or do you eat piss and poo poo like those other people"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/844929231725441025

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

dreams are dumb and I hate them.
Also, there's nothing quite as anxiety inducing as the dreams you have for a few weeks after you stop putting THC into your body. Since THC suppresses dreaming your body freaks out and makes terrible vivid anxiety inducing dreams.

similar things happen when you quit drinking all the time but coupled with twitching a lot as you fall asleep

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

nvm
beaten

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oh word? *doesn't even drink*

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah it is almost like a bunch of sexless teenage dorks who hate other unfit people for some reason ended up wandering into political adulthood and lo and behold they spawned the trump reddit

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Don't worry I'm sure the local democrats are already passing the hat around to rebuild it

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

zen death robot posted:

A pardon doesn't get a president out of impeachment proceedings btw

So if there is an impeachment proceeding, can the president avoid jail time so long as he is not convicted by the senate or is the proceeding itself enough? Like say Trump self pardons for collusion, proceedings happen but he only gets 58 votes to convict in the senate. Can he pardon himself then?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

is the vote just happening over the course of the day or is there a specific time to look forward to

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

tacodaemon posted:

trump schedule for today. the rumored freedumb caucus meeting at the white house before lunch is in fact happening, so the house surely won't vote on the ahca until this afternoon at the earliest. there is also the event with truck drivers and trucking industry representatives that spicey announced in his tuesday briefing

10:30 AM Receive daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
11:30 AM Meet with House Freedom Caucus members – Cabinet Room
12:30 PM Lunch with Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin and Nelson Peltz – Presidential Dining Room
3:00 PM Welcome truckers and CEOs – South Portico
3:25 PM Lead a listening session with truckers and CEOs regarding health care – Cabinet Room

spicey time is 1:30

gently caress you say?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

Perfectly Safe posted:

So are we saying that this guy is actually supporting Trump rather than mocking him?
Looking at it again, I...I don't even know anymore :smith:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I’d like a cheeseburger, please. Hold the toppings, condiments, meat, cheese, and bun. No wrapper, thank you. *pulls out wallet to pay*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Are goths still around?

hello

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

repubs will kill the filibuster but swear up and down it'll only be for supreme court nominees since it's tit-for-tat over the federal judges filibuster, very little will get done due to Trump's idiocy so they won't be tested

dems will believe them

when/if (lol) they regain power any bill they attempt will be filibustered, they will allow it because golly gee whiz it's only fair and we might need it later

the very next time republicans have power and an actual thing they want they will obliterate the filibuster in a nanosecond and the dems once again eat poo poo

removing the legislative filibuster drastically reduces the power of individual senators. No one is counting on their good graces, its all about the fact that senators have enormous amounts of influence and clout (esp. within their own party) to get what they want because of the 60 vote margin.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Jose posted:

similar things happen when you quit drinking all the time but coupled with twitching a lot as you fall asleep

ohh that explains a lot

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Serf posted:

literally

ed balls

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'll be seriously thrilled if the ACHA doesn't pass the House, but the House is filled with a bunch of feckless cowards that are getting bullied by a fat orange baby who may be actually retarded.

can we start a gofundme to deliver a truckload of feck right on the house steps

orange sky
May 7, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I’d like a cheeseburger, please. Hold the toppings, condiments, meat, cheese, and bun. No wrapper, thank you. *pulls out wallet to pay*

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/15/this-guy-went-to-mcdonalds-and-ended-up-just-ordering-a-slice-of-cheese-6510811/

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Serf posted:

literally

ed balls

are you sure you have the right kind of ram

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Good morning hellthread

Is soemthing going to matter today?

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Are goths still around?

goth is back baby

in street form

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

zen death robot posted:

The suicide caucus wants to remove the mandatory coverages like preventative care etc because "it forces people to pay for coverage they don't want" so expect an even worse version of the bill to pass

removing EHB on its own is not enough for some members of the HFC, and the smarter ones like Amash recognize that it doesn't work unless you make other tweaks as well. It's not a silver bullet. It was something they did to raise two votes and then a bunch of moderates went "lol gently caress no"

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Perfectly Safe posted:

Man's made a lot of promises

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

And a whole bunch of other people too I bet

nonsense, what possible motivation would upstanding border patrol agents have to lay hands upon someone with no rights

it's almost as though you think they are BAD PEOPLE, good goonsire

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

AHCA passing is literally the republicans annihilating their own constituency in order to make my life better which seems kind of odd tactically :confused:

i think the word is tsundere

Serf
May 5, 2011

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Are goths still around?

i think they all died in the 1700s fam

ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Chokes McGee posted:

dems will believe them

It's like you came from the future.

• Locked thread