Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

"I believe in decentralisation, I think it is core business, otherwise we will end up with two big cities, one called Sydney and one called Melbourne."

to get the jobs out of sydney and melbourne we're gonna relocate aps agencies away from canberra

why yes i am a fuckwit

e: politics is literally unskilled labour. why should they expect huge salaries?

Something something resistance to corruption *is corrupt anyway*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Bolts screed in the west today was deliciously ironic.

It can be summed up by "no it is you that is the real racist"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
http://www.webm.land/media/IzCz.webm

Someone photoshop this to say 'send nudes' or something.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 23, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Some text from Lambies speech for those who couldn't listen

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

http://www.webm.land/media/IzCz.webm

Someone photoshop this to say 'send nudes' or something.

God she's a piece of human loving trash.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

norp posted:

Bolts screed in the west today was deliciously ironic.

It can be summed up by "no it is you that is the real racist"

The biggest tragedy if 18C gets changed will be the asterix in convicted racist* Andrew Bolt.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/michaelkoziol/status/844767407381987330

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bogan King posted:

"This brings me to the problem I've been having with my country, there are too many muslims."

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

"This brings me to the problem I've been having with my country, there are too many muslims."

Please don't confuse feeling sorry for yourself with the ability to have empathy for others. They are not the same thing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Lambie, had a hard life.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

Let me channel the LNP response:

*Impatiently looks at solid gold Rolex gifted from LNP party backer while tapping Italian dress shoes on parliament carpet*

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

JBP posted:

Lambie, had a hard life.

That's right. Good. No need for you to go just yet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

When my local Red Rooster was renovated, they took down its giant chook, and replaced it with some boring red square with "red rooster" written in it :saddowns:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

When my local Red Rooster was renovated, they took down its giant chook, and replaced it with some boring red square with "red rooster" written in it :saddowns:

That's unfortunate. I assume all the shithouse rural towns nobody ever visits must have backlogged the giant fibreglass animal & pineapple factory in their pursuit of tourist attractions.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
Someone once stole the giant bowling pin outside the bowling alley near where I used to live.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Someone once stole the giant bowling pin outside the bowling alley near where I used to live.

It's fine, I'm sure they had a spare.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Well, strike that pin.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

Meat Miracle posted:

It's fine, I'm sure they had a spare.

Yeah but it was about half the size :(

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Are you sure it wasn't 7/10ths the size?

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

Apparently Wagga has the only big rotating KFC chicken bucket sign left in Australia, no idea if that's true, some dude at the brewery there told me.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/gabriellechan/status/845036517412159488

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

screaden posted:

Apparently Wagga has the only big rotating KFC chicken bucket sign left in Australia, no idea if that's true, some dude at the brewery there told me.

Wasn't getting that working again a Hamish and Andy stunt about 7 years ago? Iirc they talked to a KFC marketing guy who said the focus groups said nobody cares about spinning buckets

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

norp posted:

Wasn't getting that working again a Hamish and Andy stunt about 7 years ago? Iirc they talked to a KFC marketing guy who said the focus groups said nobody cares about spinning buckets

Yeah I can't imagine the spinning bucket is doing a whole heap for sales.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

norp posted:

No idea about that, but yeah it's not something I can imagine anyone caring about except for people from Wagga.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Some days are good, some days are great. It's a great day today because Elise Chapman the former Councillor in Bendigo just got an almighty slapping in this VCAT decision (pdf). Although technically she doesn't get punished in any way because she's no longer a councillor, it sheds light on the wacky goings on.

The TL;DR is that she had a very questionable twitter argument involving her views on Islam and female genital mutilation while serving as a councillor, and, together with her ongoing battles with the Council on a range of issues, almost certainly breached a code of conduct she didn't even sign, accused the council of trickery and fraud and could say anything she liked if she said her views were her own on a council twitter account.

She got a handful of votes at the following council elections because everyone is sick of her.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
I'm listening to the Mark Latham and Ross Cameron show. Ross is interviewing his uber driver and Mark keeps making jokes about his run in with the taxi driver. And of course the cooking segment.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I'm listening to the Mark Latham and Ross Cameron show. Ross is interviewing his uber driver and Mark keeps making jokes about his run in with the taxi driver. And of course the cooking segment.

I would rather punch myself in the face than listen to Ross Cameron talk to Mark Latham.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

ewe2 posted:

She got a handful of votes at the following council elections because everyone is sick of her.

I'll think you'll find that from the VCAT decisions mentions that she's been informed that "a majority of Bendigo supports [her]" :colbert:

Maybe they were all sick that day?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The ABC posted:

Paying politicians almost $280 a night to stay at a property owned by a relative passes the pub test, says Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

Mr Turnbull today backed his colleague, telling Melbourne radio station 3AW the claims passed the "sniff test".

Truly in touch with the common man.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

A 280 dollar a day rort is a pittance. A penalty rate for pollies. They deserve it, unlike those filthy working poors.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

*holds hundreds of dollars of taxpayer money up to his nose*

"Oh yes, this definitely passes the sniff test"

*rolls it up and snorts coke*

"As does this!"

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
It probably passes the pub test in the "if I were a politician I too would exploit this loophole" sense. Realistically most people are unlikely to turn down free money.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Can someone please actually pub test this.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Bogan King posted:

Was there ever anyone under the belief that the pub test was anything more than a rhetorical device to make subjective statements seem more objective? Even the most sycophantic members of the press gallery gave it little credence. It always turned into a joke of which pub, and who's drinking at it. Which is to say the pub is parliament, and the person drinking at it is the politician making the judgement.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The kinds of pubs politicians visit are full of loving politicians anyway.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
We'll take them to 459 Bar during a grind show and they can talk to our friendly neighbourhood anarchists about loving right off,

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Can anybody recommend a good accountant in Melbourne? Last full financial year I was working in Australia I went to H&R Block and gave them $200 to spend ten minutes on etax and inform me that I owed the government $250, I mean, I could have done that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Joyce just told China to eat our rear end

https://twitter.com/ellinghausen/status/845128002694369280

• Locked thread