Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What were these offending comments that have Rockhold willing to get himself killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CommonShore posted:

What were these offending comments that have Rockhold willing to get himself killed?

Called Rockhold a bitch and said he popped champagne when Bisping KO'd him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGQ0b1kpJcv/

he did this too

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Werdum is so amazingly bad at trash talk. Also, fighting.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I don't know. He did call Conor a prostituta.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Neurosis posted:

Weidman took fights on short notice which it has been suggested it is not something roiders normally do. The IV ban is as likely a culprit.

Weidman openly said at the time the IV ban was going to impact how he cut weight so he tried not to bulk up as much to be able to cut without it. Idk if it's true or not and I know muscle isn't necessarily that easy to shed, but it's not like he deflated like Vitor either and of they weren't muscles gained by roids then it probably wasn't that impossible to slim down.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

CommonShore posted:

If you go back and watch the Embeddeds for Cain/Werdum, he and Rockhold go back and forth with poo poo-talking a lot. There's even this part where DC and Werdum have a nice, jokey conversation, and then DC goes back to the AKA table and is like "man what did you do to that guy to make him hate you so much? He likes me and Cain just fine, even though he's gotta fight Cain. His issue is with you."

There must have been some minor slight at some point that they both refused to back down on until it got built up into this huge thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I mean, if you're going for "cocky" and his name is Rockhold. the first thing that comes to mind here is way better than "Cockyhold"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Captain Log posted:

As the thread's pro-athlete, do you think the IV ban has much significance?

maybe on weight cutting, which isnt done in cycling. the iv ban began in our sport but the only legitimate use of it in cycling was for convenience, like during stage races for riders who rely on a lot of vitamins and (legal) supplements and racing every morning. with weight cutting as i understand it you can take in more fluids and faster with IV use but i dont know how much of a difference that makes. frankly i doubt it would be anything that would make or break a career though. if someones career is hung on whether they can cut an extra 5 or 10 lbs then they were doomed from the start

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

if someones career is hung on whether they can cut an extra 5 or 10 lbs then they were doomed from the start

ah, so you've heard of khabib nurmagomedov

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I mean, if you're going for "cocky" and his name is Rockhold. the first thing that comes to mind here is way better than "Cockyhold"

Show a picture of Bisping KO'ng Rockhold.

"Cuckhold"

Werdum should hire us to do his Instagram trash talking.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm shocked that the fat ugly man is jealous of the handsome jacked dude who is good at ceramics

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

i disagree strongly on both points

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I think Detroit_Dogg is Luke Rockhold guys.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

ah, so you've heard of khabib nurmagomedov

lol drat

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's come a long way since the "so much cock, cock guy" days.

https://youtu.be/acUPBt9UKdI?t=34

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I think "Cockholder" is probably better than "Cockyhold" but what do I know

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Can we at least have a mayweather-McGregor quarantine thread because it seems like it might actually happen

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/3/23/15035348/mcgregor-pays-nsac-fine-free-to-apply-for-boxing-license

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

JaySB posted:

I think "Cockholder" is probably better than "Cockyhold" but what do I know

It seems like he wanted to call him cocky and not call him gay, so i don't think your suggestion really works. Werdum is a very progressive poo poo talker you see.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

cis autodrag posted:

It seems like he wanted to call him cocky and not call him gay, so i don't think your suggestion really works. Werdum is a very progressive poo poo talker you see.

being a cockholder doesnt make you gay

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boetsch/Hendricks could be fun and Penn/Siver is like a match from 2009 that I would've enjoyed.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bundt Cake posted:

being a cockholder doesnt make you gay

i suppose it could be calling him a wanker too. i dont trust just bleed type to make that connection though.

i think too much before i joke :(

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

In memory of the Trail of Tears, further white atrocities will be committed on Oklahoma soil

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I feel like Weidman is a combination of the getting older, the IV ban, and the damage he's taken in the Machida and Rockhold fights.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Why is BJ Penn being allowed to step into the cage again after his last two performances? Does Oklahoma have a real athletic commission that sanctioned this or are they as bad as Texas?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

OOOOk-lahoma, where two fat men smash each other's brains

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Why is BJ Penn being allowed to step into the cage again after his last two performances? Does Oklahoma have a real athletic commission that sanctioned this or are they as bad as Texas?

denis siver is also old and is, in addition, bad.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yair beat his rear end but it isn't like BJ has forgotten jiu-jitsu, if he can get on someone, he still has a good chance of winning.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Yair beat his rear end but it isn't like BJ has forgotten jiu-jitsu, if he can get on someone, he still has a good chance of winning.

youre nuts

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 23, 2017

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

youre nuts

He did try and take yair down when he had him against the cage...I don't think BJ is as washed up as yair made him look.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

youre nuts

i do not deny this allegation

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Matoi Ryuko posted:

He did try and take yair down when he had him against the cage...I don't think BJ is as washed up as yair made him look.

bjs basically got a punchers chance now, and a little extra from his RNC if his punchers chance only sorta works

i didnt even watch the yair fight. i cant really watch BJ fight anymore. I get the creeps from it (also shogun)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

bjs basically got a punchers chance now, and a little extra from his RNC if his punchers chance only sorta works

Hell if it can still get him paid, more power to him.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

i didnt even watch the yair fight. i cant really watch BJ fight anymore. I get the creeps from it (also shogun)

Shogun's fight against villante a week ago was awesome as hell, check it out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Denis Siver is about the only fighter I think BJ might actually be able to beat so with a bit of luck, he'll win and retire on that W.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hell if it can still get him paid, more power to him.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Shogun's fight against villante a week ago was awesome as hell, check it out.

theyve had two of the most interesting and exciting careers, and I like that they were from the older generation of fighters who did it cuz they liked to fight, and would do it for no money. both guys are a shell of themselves and I dont like to see it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

agreed. in fact he looked pretty good considering

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Siver is going to destroy Penn and it isn't going to be close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Penns not good now but he's not incompetent or getting badly hurt so if he wants to fight and someone wants to watch it more power to them. People freak out when people take fights even though they're on a slide... that's his job man what else is he gonna do.

• Locked thread