Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Good lord. Congrats on your obscene luck!

That's some pretty obscene luck too.

I know. And I know it means that I won't get TG Cid in the next banner. I'm not really sure why they are calling it a "FFT" banner considering only 50% of the units on it are from FFT, but oh well. Maybe my absurd luck will continue. If I got Orlandeu I think that I could pretty safely get by with my current units for a very, very long time(Cecil, Prince Noodles, TG Cid, Exdeath, Y'Shtola sounds like a pretty solid party to me!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I threw some tickets and did dailies and didn't get too much, another Cecil who I'll leave aside for future TM grinding and my first Refia which I was chasing. The rest were all unspectacular fodder and a Leon which isn't a llbad. Weekend is gonna be Cactuar Dunes grinding so I can get Minfilia and Refia leveled up and build up a supply for Y'shtola because I don't think I'm gonna get her in time :smith:

I didn't get any Zidanes but I already have two DWs and a third to cook so I'm not too worried. Also up to 5.95 Thancred and 1.30 Minfilia TMs on raid pulls and enough mats to craft all the gear. Thancred's sword isn't that bad either, too bad it's stuck on him.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Everybody grinding TMs or just shopping useful items need the Evade katana. Anything that helps you build a 100% Evade unit for the future.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

I threw some tickets and did dailies and didn't get too much, another Cecil who I'll leave aside for future TM grinding and my first Refia which I was chasing. The rest were all unspectacular fodder and a Leon which isn't a llbad. Weekend is gonna be Cactuar Dunes grinding so I can get Minfilia and Refia leveled up and build up a supply for Y'shtola because I don't think I'm gonna get her in time :smith:

I didn't get any Zidanes but I already have two DWs and a third to cook so I'm not too worried. Also up to 5.95 Thancred and 1.30 Minfilia TMs on raid pulls and enough mats to craft all the gear. Thancred's sword isn't that bad either, too bad it's stuck on him.

How many points have you accrued so far? We still have a whole week left and by tomorrow you'll have some beast Orlandeaus on your FL to help pummel Ifrit's rear end (and maybe even one of your own). I believe in you!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Oh, I meant getting her for Cactuar Dunes. I'm at ~830k so unless my phone explodes or something I'm on track to getting her just fine. I'm just running a bit low of unit storage with stat up pots and Shard of Genius moogles taking up space and holding on to one of every character, even Magitek Terra getting Y'shtola to 6* lv100 might be a pain.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Finally beat Gilgamesh with NinjaD's Lightning. Thanks a bunch!

Of course it was the run I forgot to remove Exdeath, so I'll have to go again for the atk+30, but I got my shiny new Katana and managed to finish him with a limit break.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

I somehow managed to get 6 breaks going without a single one hitting Attack. Really annoying.

2 Chizurus is pretty much the start of a good strategy. Like in that video linked here earlier, you put them both with elemental weapons and use their last skill, Phantom Shadow, to rack up a big chain before finishing with a big ticket single hit ability (from a friend or otherwise), like Firion, Olive, Gilgamesh, etc...
Although given you've started a bit recently I think you missed out on the good elemental fire katana from October.

Pffffahaha oh man those 1% Moogle prices! What a loving joke. Even if you play manually and don't use macros you could get 1% on 5 units in like, 30 energy if you're lucky, versus god knows how many runs of the ELT FFT event.

:eyepop: that Katana's price. Gumi are making it clear they know just how good 10% evade is on a weapon.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
What's the strategy using NinjaDs Lightning?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I've done 3-11 pulls, all the dailies, and I've gotten 4 zidanes, 6-8 cecils, a Leon and Seven, but no GIlgy or Noctis :negative:

I guess I can't complain too much though, my first daily ever was an Olive

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hagie posted:

Very simple. Play as normal, until you hit the third instakill milestone. If Lightning is dead, raise her, then you can turn off auto-limit and hit auto. Sit back and laugh as gil flails wildly at a lightning he can't hit and she slowly carves him up for the win. Optionally, keep your other people alive and try to finish him with a limit break, or while fulfilling other conditions.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All dailies and maybe 7 tickets, pulled Zidane #7, Pal Cecil #2, Refia #3, some trash, and Emperor.

Gil stash is going to take a dent soon with Cactaur Dunes and the 100 Mog Gigas as I have a fresh Emperor, Mini, Y'sh, and 4* CoD to level.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

:eyepop: that Katana's price. Gumi are making it clear they know just how good 10% evade is on a weapon.

Mog prices in general have been trending up and the currency drop rate trending down. I used to be able to get everything from Mog, from the lowly potion to the 70k trust moogle without any Lapis refreshes. I'd usually have a day or two to spare as well. This last event, my bonus party was Queen and two Cinques, and I got everything but the last 70k moogle. I had a day to get it and there wasn't enough event currency to get 70k in one day without 2-3 refreshes which would absolutely not be worth it.

Welcome to the world of gacha gaming where everything trickles in the wrong direction a little bit more at a time.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

hagie posted:

She's a dodge tank. Unlike Dana's she doesn't have provoke, but she does have holy and fire sealing through weapons (Dana's is non elemental now for some reason) so if you get her past the 3rd Bushido Freedom you win. As long as you keep sealing holy with her attack nothing Gilgamesh does after the 3rd Bushido Freedom can hit her.

My setup was Noctis, Refia, Noel, Chizuru (wind sealer) and Exdeath who I forgot to remove and just kind of imperiled every once and a while before he died. The turn before the first and second Bushido Freedom I had Noel use Bring it On so he draws the IK, Noctis, Refia and Chizuru use dodge abilities and NinjaD pushing past the thresholds with crushing blow.

After the 2nd bushido things get a bit dicey, and you have to hope he doesn't zone in on your healer or use x slash too often. I just made healing secondary and bursted him down to thirty percent asap. The goal is to get there with NinjaD and at least one other person alive, and hope she doesn't get IKd.

Also, I just pulled Y'shtola at around 940k, so all those trust moogles are gone and have opened up slots for Orlandissappointment. Today is a good day.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I've only done daily pulls this banner and gotten Cecil #4 and Chizuru #5. Everything else has been off banner.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

Keep her alive until the third Bushido: Freedom trigger, and it resolves the battle on auto-attack by itself. she's vulnerable to instant death from Greg's Bushido: Freedom, and what looks like an MP draining attack, but on auto-attack you don't need MP anyway.

You need at least one person alive to get her back up on her feet if she eats the Bushido: Freedom, otherwise she can auto-attack the whole battle.

Sealing the other elements keeps your guys alive long enough to make sure NinjaD's (or Dana's, which is who I used) isn't knocked out, because without a KO-proof accessory we're apparently getting from the next island she can't solo this thing.

The strategy I used was Lightning using Water Blade, wielding Chiriraden and Lightning Spear, auto-attacking with Wind Spear and Golem Staff on a Bartz with Dual Wield, auto-attacking with he DodgeTank.

Refia and Cecil cured as best they could with no Dualcast, Cecil threw up his limit whenever he could. Ling kept everyone topped off with Invigorating Dance and Chakras. Bartz was there rather than someone else because he could use Live Giver as an emergency Elixir if required.

It was long but there was no real danger as long as I healed and kept Ling putting out MP.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shingouryu posted:

She's a dodge tank. Unlike Dana's she doesn't have provoke, but she does have holy and fire sealing through weapons (Dana's is non elemental now for some reason) so if you get her past the 3rd Bushido Freedom you win. As long as you keep sealing holy with her attack nothing Gilgamesh does after the 3rd Bushido Freedom can hit her.

oh, right, I was equipped for Ifrit ELT, lemme fix that back to Holy/Water, sorry about that. Stupid lack of gear sets.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Looking at it, I don't have the gearing to seal some of the elements.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You may be able to just outheal some of the elements. Check the wiki.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

hagie posted:

Looking at it, I don't have the gearing to seal some of the elements.

Wind comes in 3 easily aquired weapon forms
Water from Trident or Water Blade
Fire from chijiraiden
Holy from Excalibur or the holy great sword you can buy starting Friday
Lightning from coral sword but needs to be part of a hybrid attack, or get a dual-cast mage
Earth from golem rod or magic.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Also don't have enough dual wields

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
so i finally pulled yshtola after getting the 1.6m moogle reward haha

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cry Havoc posted:

so i finally pulled yshtola after getting the 1.6m moogle reward haha

Admit it, you KNEW that was gonna happen.

e: In other news, I have finally cleared the entire map of missions, with the exception of a few explorations I hadn't even bothered going to yet because I am lazy and didn't wanna pull up new maps and such. (Mostly Zoldaad explorations) No more easy lapis for me, I guess. :(

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 23, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Dana Crysalis posted:

oh, right, I was equipped for Ifrit ELT, lemme fix that back to Holy/Water, sorry about that. Stupid lack of gear sets.

Thanks Dana, now I have atk+30% :D

Bushido Freedom remains out of reach for now as I don't have a good MP battery yet

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shingouryu posted:

Thanks Dana, now I have atk+30% :D

Bushido Freedom remains out of reach for now as I don't have a good MP battery yet

My Bushido-hunting team is probably going to be Butz/Queen/Refia/Cecil/CoD while leaning heavily on a dodge tank buddy. Not sure what I'll do for the 5 man challenge. Might just wait for the next update and auto it with someone's inevitable death-immune dodge tank.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

My Bushido-hunting team is probably going to be Butz/Queen/Refia/Cecil/CoD while leaning heavily on a dodge tank buddy. Not sure what I'll do for the 5 man challenge. Might just wait for the next update and auto it with someone's inevitable death-immune dodge tank.

Trickier than you'd think, because you still absolutely have to seal holy, because Excalibur cannot be dodged. Let's see.

Lightning:
Passive: 30
Kiyomori/Excalibur: 10 + holy seal
Ring of the Lucii: 25
Safety Bit: Death Immunity
Discernment: Status Immunity (gotta block Paralyze)
3 Shines: 30

95% dodge is not enough, I know this from experience. Even if we get the Genji Shield soon, it comes out to 95% as well, because you need to drop a Shine for Equip H Shield. Now, anyone out there with a Draculasswell can get around this with their friggin Vampire Cloak. (Man I really, really want that TM, more than any other)

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Dana Crysalis posted:

e: In other news, I have finally cleared the entire map of missions, with the exception of a few explorations I hadn't even bothered going to yet because I am lazy and didn't wanna pull up new maps and such. (Mostly Zoldaad explorations) No more easy lapis for me, I guess. :(

yeah had a feeling

hope it doesn't use up my rainbow luck/allocation :ohdear:

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Keep her alive until the third Bushido: Freedom trigger, and it resolves the battle on auto-attack by itself. she's vulnerable to instant death from Greg's Bushido: Freedom, and what looks like an MP draining attack, but on auto-attack you don't need MP anyway.

You need at least one person alive to get her back up on her feet if she eats the Bushido: Freedom, otherwise she can auto-attack the whole battle.
I haven't run Greg yet (waiting for my DC to finish cooking) but would having someone in the air with Jump the turns you trigger Bushido: Freedom be enough for the new goons to let Ninja's Lightning do most of the real work?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Thanks Ninja and Dana, I got the remaining Gilgamesh objectives thanks to you.
My first 30% Attack, sure feels nice! My own Gilgamesh might actually be useful to some people now.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hey girl you up posted:

I haven't run Greg yet (waiting for my DC to finish cooking) but would having someone in the air with Jump the turns you trigger Bushido: Freedom be enough for the new goons to let Ninja's Lightning do most of the real work?

If said person was equipped with the Holy Lance/Rune Blade/Excalibur, yes, that should work. You have to seal holy with someone other than Lightning for that round or Excalibur will knock her back down.

fake edit: though Jump is weird, I know it's bugged and doesn't take killers, so I actually don't know if it'd seal correctly. Only one way to find out.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

It's been about four months since we refreshed the Goonsheet, so Pre-Orlandu is a pretty good time to weed out the inactives.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit

Please re-add yourself to the Goonsheet if you're still playing!

Note: Please don't just copy/paste from the archive, readd yourself fresh.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Go RV! posted:

It's been about four months since we refreshed the Goonsheet, so Pre-Orlandu is a pretty good time to weed out the inactives.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit

If you guys notice someone idle for like 7d+, please make a note on their row!

edit: Yo, who picked that ugly Olive text/cell color?! :v:

edit2: Looks nicer now!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

If you guys notice someone idle for like 7d+, please make a note on their row!

edit: Yo, who picked that ugly Olive text/cell color?! :v:

edit2: Looks nicer now!

I'm still playing with the colors for newer common leads. :colbert:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Cells really hate it when a number starts with 0, huh.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

I'm stuck at aquapolis olderion, do you know how to pass it?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Go RV! posted:

I added myself to the list. I look forward to being carried through levels with high end goons!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

HGH posted:

Cells really hate it when a number starts with 0, huh.

Fixed it for you. For future reference, any time a spreadsheet does that, stick a ' (the apostrophe key) in front of it.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

beaner69 posted:

I'm stuck at aquapolis olderion, do you know how to pass it?

Stuck how? I remember Olderion had a cutscene you had to trigger at one point, that might be what you are missing.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Readded. Hopefully tomorrow I can change Cup Noodles to THUNDER GOD

(I wish :( )

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

AegisP posted:

Readded. Hopefully tomorrow I can change Cup Noodles to THUNDER GOD

(I wish :( )

Posts like this are making me think about rolling for Noctis on the PC banner. I'm going to be sad when all my friend Noctis dry up in favor of Cids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I already know I'll never get Noctis, Yun, Olive, or Walt Disney World Resort In Orlandeaux, FL. The game hates giving me units I want to have (or wouldn't mind having, but can live without, in the case of T.G. Cid).

• Locked thread