Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Lmao! Absolutely. Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm in the international spy museum and a video had an ex kgb general saying in the 90s they had embedded as many agents in the US agencies as they had during the cold war. Now they're in the executive officer lol.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Heath posted:

They will vote unanimously for this bill

Whatever happens it's going to come down to the wire because of trump's decision that the vote has to be today so there's going to be a whole lot more Republican histrionics in the next few hours

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHFv4LJWnhc

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Laffo. Confirmed: President Obama was indeed personally spying on members of Trump's staff who were definitely not bought and paid for by the Russians, disturbing news brought to you by this one sentence out of context quote

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Today, Senators will vote to allow ISPs to sell your internet history and end FCC online privacy rules

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2017/03/today-senators-will-vote-allow-isps-sell-internet-history-end-fcc-online-privacy-rules/

enjoy all the spams and whatnot in the coming months.....lol

red19fire
May 26, 2010

This just in: Charlie Brown agrees to let Lucy pull the football away this time, because she has promised not to pull the football away next time.

Lol. Dems are never going to win again.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/844948757452144641

Been lolling at this for a minute

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
isnt bolton the really qualified dude he snubbed as flynn's successor?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

proof of concept posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

Goth culture drat talk about a blast from the past

Yeah really, I honestly cannot recall the last time I saw a Goth, it has to be at least 10 years.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Cool yeah I know who that guy is offhand, no need to explain

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

thathonkey posted:

No Bolton is wildly unqualified and a maniac and I wouldn't want him taking my order at Burger King

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

red19fire posted:

This just in: Charlie Brown agrees to let Lucy pull the football away this time, because she has promised not to pull the football away next time.

Lol. Dems are never going to win again.

lol no

I think Trump is going to do a ton of damage to Republicans just by virtue of getting lazy 20-somethings off their couches to vote again. He didn't exactly win in a landslide victory and he's been a totally inept president so far, and I think he won primarily because he was such a ridiculous candidate that a lot of people felt comfortable staying home and not voting.

I bet money we see a much higher turnout in the next elections.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

thathonkey posted:

trump, dealmaker in chief, has persuaded another vote change:

https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/844646398092029952

PS. this is not some kind of RINO, this dude just proposed a bill to abolish the dept of education

lol at twitter's character limit making everyone from the dumbest school children to the highest offices in the land sound like stunted monkey asses

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

You really don't know who John Bolton is?

If only there was some way you could find out....

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

lol no

This is why, long-term, Trump is unironically a good hting

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

Goth culture drat talk about a blast from the past

There's some 40 year goth man out there, wearing a frilly victorian style shirt and an overweight pewter pendant, asking himself "wtf did i do?"

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

iirc he is one of the classic war hawks characteristic of the Bush administration who was sent to the UN as the American ambassador as a recess appointment because his hatred of the UN was too much even for the Republicans, lol. His positions include war with Iran, guns for literally every person on the world and hanging Edward Snowden from a tall oak tree

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Careful Drums posted:

i agree; he's one hell of a wake-up call

and the best part is that he's doing it all by being a loving joke. imagine how much damage he'd be doing if he weren't an inept moron

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

System Metternich posted:

iirc he is one of the classic war hawks characteristic of the Bush administration who was sent to the UN as the American ambassador as a recess appointment because his hatred of the UN was too much even for the Republicans, lol. His positions include war with Iran, guns for literally every person on the world and hanging Edward Snowden from a tall oak tree

Pfffft yeah like I'm gonna read all these words, nerdo

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

You really don't know who John Bolton is?

If only there was some way you could find out....

This guy gets it

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Tumble posted:

lol no

I think Trump is going to do a ton of damage to Republicans just by virtue of getting lazy 20-somethings off their couches to vote again. He didn't exactly win in a landslide victory and he's been a totally inept president so far, and I think he won primarily because he was such a ridiculous candidate that a lot of people felt comfortable staying home and not voting.

Electorlol colollege, so what? All of the tofu eating Californian kids can suck that big rust belt swinging dick.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

rofl

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I have the best statistics. Tremendous.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Astrid_NV/statu...%3D2719%23pti25

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

System Metternich posted:

How again are these supposed to be anything other than typical neocon positions? How is he exceptional?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Dem strategic meeting:
"Okay guys, i know this is bad, but we MUST CAPITULATE ENTIRELY. let me explain, if we filibuster any measures the Republicans take, they might vote to remove the filibuster altogether. So, to preserve this highly effective weapon, we must never ever use it to resist in any way. That way if we ever do regain congressional control, this tool will allow the minority party a chance to have their voices count! Who's ready to strategically confirm every single GOP appointment?! Let's go!"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

lol

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Huffington post article about the Time interview

It makes me lol to see news sources start to openly attack him for being a dumb liar

quote:

President Donald Trump gave an interview to Time magazine on Wednesday, and, unsurprisingly, much of it devolved into a meandering rant.

“I’m a very instinctual person, but my instinct turns out to be right. When everyone said I wasn’t going to win the election, I said, ‘Well, I think I would,” he told Time. This was one of several instances during the interview when he brought up the election, unprompted. (He also incorrectly stated how many electoral votes he won. He won 304.)

“You take a look and guess what, I won, and I won easily,” he said later. “I predicted Brexit. Remember they said there was no way to get to 270? Well, I ended up at 306. I had election night, 306. But there was no way to get to, in fact I went to Maine four times, four times I went to Maine, because I had to get one vote, because there was no way to get to 270, but I ended up getting to 306. Brexit, I predicted Brexit, you remember that, the day before the event. I said, ‘No, Brexit is going to happen,’ and everybody laughed, and Brexit happened. Many, many things. They turn out to be right.”

Jesus just look at that meandering around between bragging about his votes and Brexit. That he doesn't drink just makes this all the more unbelievable because that honestly reads like someone talking while they're black out wasted

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics posted:

Today, Senators will vote to allow ISPs to sell your internet history and end FCC online privacy rules

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2017/03/today-senators-will-vote-allow-isps-sell-internet-history-end-fcc-online-privacy-rules/

enjoy all the spams and whatnot in the coming months.....lol

This just went through btw now it's off to the house where it will sail through on a party line vote

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Careful Drums posted:

lmao that anyone believes this, people never learn, turnout in future elections will continue to be awful except among right-wing olds. lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Uhh...

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Huffington post article about the Time interview

It makes me lol to see news sources start to openly attack him for being a dumb liar

Jesus just look at that meandering around between bragging about his votes and Brexit. That he doesn't drink just makes this all the more unbelievable because that honestly reads like someone talking while they're black out wasted

I wonder how much longer he's going to last before his dementia reaches the point where he can no longer function.

Although I imagine that would just make him more popular with his base.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerite posted:

lmao that anyone believes this, people never learn, turnout in future elections will continue to be awful except among right-wing olds. lol

I'm usually just as cynical as you but we are far into unprecedented territory with Trump's presidency (lol) so hopefully turnout does go up as a result.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hammerite posted:

Agreed, this is why we should let the GOP pass a healthcare law that allows old people to smell fresh-baked cookies while they slowly die.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

I wonder how much longer he's going to last before his dementia reaches the point where he can no longer function.

He'd be 10x more effective as a president if all he did was sit in a chair and drool.

Hammerite posted:

you do realize that Clinton and Obama were both presidents for 8 years right? There is a pretty good shot that anybody reading this has had a democrat president a full half of their entire lives.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 23, 2017

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

Uhh...

His entire interview is just confirmationbias.txt

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

thathonkey posted:

if by qualified you mean "still thinks Iraq has WMDs" then umm what the gently caress is wrong with you?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

it is pretty amazing to consider the GOP's love affair with demented TV stars, especially since their patron saint was the noted star of Bedtime for Bonzo

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

emoji posted:

How again are these supposed to be anything other than typical neocon positions? How is he exceptional?

tbh probably only because he's stating his positions openly, none of what I posted was an extrapolation or something but something that he literally said

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

The restaurant's fb page has a fundraiser post to help fight the husband's deportation. The comments are great.
"We wanted criminals deported!"
"He pays taxes and is a business owner!"

lol he's here illegally, you knew about it for 17 years, you voted for stricter enforcement. LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

The restaurant's fb page has a fundraiser post to help fight the husband's deportation. The comments are great.
"We wanted criminals deported!"
"He pays taxes and is a business owner!"

lol he's here illegally, you knew about it for 17 years, you voted for stricter enforcement. LMAO

Lol these stupid loving morons don't realize MOST undocumented immigrants are exactly the same. Lolol