Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

And I was just listening to City and Colour today :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The Cards are doing something actually kinda cool this year: for $30 a month, you get an SRO ticket delivered via At Bat to every game except Opening Day, with guaranteed access to any giveaways. (Plus, the ushers at Busch don't really mind if you take over an open seat after a few innings.)

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Troy Queef posted:

The Cards are doing something actually kinda cool this year: for $30 a month, you get an SRO ticket delivered via At Bat to every game except Opening Day, with guaranteed access to any giveaways. (Plus, the ushers at Busch don't really mind if you take over an open seat after a few innings.)

$30/mo for SRO? Thats insane. I went to a random Cubs game the one tuesday night I was in Chicago and spent like $70 for an SRO ticket. I think it was against the Cards but it wasn't an Arrieta start.

I'd probably take that if the Angels offered it, getting a seat is no problem at all even on busy nights. My friend only buys the cheapo $5 tickets and always ends up field level.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Good Dog posted:

$30/mo for SRO? Thats insane. I went to a random Cubs game the one tuesday night I was in Chicago and spent like $70 for an SRO ticket. I think it was against the Cards but it wasn't an Arrieta start.

I'd probably take that if the Angels offered it, getting a seat is no problem at all even on busy nights. My friend only buys the cheapo $5 tickets and always ends up field level.

Yeah, I would be all over that for Yankees games.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Troy Queef posted:

what the gently caress? why would you buy any other ticket than this?

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Troy Queef posted:

I hate the Cardinals and I would still buy that package if I lived in the city. I would kill for something like that, I like standing anyway.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If there's anything the WBC has taught us, it's that American baseball is literally the worst loving baseball on the face of the earth.

quote:

“I hope kids watching the W.B.C. can watch the way we play the game and appreciate the way we play the game as opposed to the way Puerto Rico plays or the Dominican plays,” Kinsler said. “That’s not taking anything away from them. That just wasn’t the way we were raised. They were raised differently and to show emotion and passion when you play. We do show emotion; we do show passion. But we just do it in a different way.”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

And they wonder why nobody watches loving MLB

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Baseball broadcasts should just be showing fangraphs stats imho, the actual game is to emotional.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lol if you were rooting for the US anyway

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

If there's anything the WBC has taught us, it's that American baseball is literally the worst loving baseball on the face of the earth.

lol kinsler you bitch

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm rooting for USA but Ian Kinsler is not helping.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hahah what a dweeb

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Poque posted:

Lol if you were rooting for the US anyway

Careful Trumps coming for you now

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't want kids to get the wrong impression that those people they look up to are unprofessional and operate on raw emotions.

-Ian Kinsler

*Elects Trump*

-America

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if you haven't been watching the WBC, you've missed out on 10,000 airings of the Nippon Express BASEBALL NINJA commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB2WVYN-Fxs

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

Similar but not quite as nice:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/03/08/minnesota-twins-ballpark-pass-target-field/

Twins offering $99 passes for 30 SRO games between April and May.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I thought I'd share with baseball thread that I'm moving back to Kansas City and so will now be able to go to more than one Royals game per year (two last year) and this makes me happier than I'd like to admit. How are Mizzou sports doing, good, right?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
If you're not watch the WBC you're dumb, also Stroman is tossing a no-hitter.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ammat The Ankh posted:

If you're not watch the WBC you're dumb, also Stroman is tossing a no-hitter.

Crawford had Handsomeness Batted In... for America

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Troy Queef posted:

I'd be all over this.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Plucky underdog AMERICA wins the WBC!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Troy Queef posted:

Essentially $2.63 per game if you attend all 80 is a fantastic deal and I have to assume the idea is that most people won't go to a ton of the games, SRO tickets mostly go unsold anyway, and if someone does hit all/most of the games they're going to make a ton off of them in concessions.

Shame it's essentially a season ticket that doesn't entitle you to postseason seats.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

tinstaach posted:

And I was just listening to City and Colour today :smith:

:smith:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Budget-concerned Yanks won't sign them. Maybe one, but not both.

Trout will probably get some insane deal by the Marlins and get traded. Or he gets extended by the Angels and falls from grace Albert Pujols style.

I know it definitely probably won't happen, but the entire reason the Yankees are Budget concerned right now is to get under the luxury tax so they can stupidly spend money again.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Plucky underdog AMERICA wins the WBC!

Did they celebrate in an appropriate manner? I can't be happy about this until I know if they expressed their emotions the right way.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

R.D. Mangles posted:

says the guy who starts marcus stroman lol

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

R.D. Mangles posted:

I wish US baseball had Japanese-style brass bands & singing sections, and I wish that white dudes would shut the gently caress up about how players of color play/celebrate the game forever.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If you needed any more confirmation that the Cubs are the villains,

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/844899752349253632

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I wish US baseball had Japanese-style brass bands & singing sections, and I wish that white dudes would shut the gently caress up about how players of color play/celebrate the game forever.

I went to a game in Japan and it was AWESOME. There are not many better environments for watching baseball.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ice To Meet You posted:

I love this just for reading down the list of titles

"...National Security Adviser...President...US Senator...Chancellor...Small Forward"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ice To Meet You posted:

Posting this and not Theo's response is criminal
https://twitter.com/MsBamonteMCHS/status/844912615654658048

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ice To Meet You posted:

Unironically agree, greater than Lincoln.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I would, no lie, vote for Theo Epstein for POTUS

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

NiceGuy posted:

I would, no lie, vote for Theo Epstein for POTUS

He wouldn't even have to tank the country for picks, Trump already has that covered!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Braves going strong into the food monstrosity race with the "Tomahawk Chop" sandwich, a fried porkchop behemoth that feeds 4-6, though only after you force a few thousand people off their land first. (Does actually sound kinda good though).

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I never understood the appeal of things that are effectively impossible to eat at a ball park.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Popete posted:

I never understood the appeal of things that are effectively impossible to eat at a ball park.

Fat-Midwestern-Fans.jpg

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Theo Epstein: better than the pope

#ThatsCub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Are we all just glossing over John McCain being called the #9 leader in the world lmao

• Locked thread