Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

shyduck posted:

I still remember him kicking the side of the car afterwards.

Now I remember that FedEx actually sponsored the 18 that race because the 11 car didn't qualify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I'm a little late to the party on this, but what a steal for the #31 team. I'm kinda indifferent to Newman since he's been mired in the middle/top of the middle for so long now but I was happy to see that play out the way it did. I was really pulling for Larson but that bump coming in turns 1&2 just took away any chance he had. I just hope the last couple races don't put the kid in like a second guess brain scramble from hell and he abandons all his instincts or something. Honestly I find it sort of laughable that the #31 will have a chance at winning the championship, unless they are poised for some crazy resurgence that I just don't see coming, but this is the system NASCAR put in place and good for them for figuring our a way to get in. I kind of feel bad for Kyle Busch in the whole thing but I can rest easy since it was so fitting the #22 hosed him out of the win.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NOWP7lgIJs

Just trying to lure Viking out of hiding. 'this oughta do the trick.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

bigbillystyle posted:

I'm a little late to the party on this, but what a steal for the #31 team. I'm kinda indifferent to Newman since he's been mired in the middle/top of the middle for so long now but I was happy to see that play out the way it did. I was really pulling for Larson but that bump coming in turns 1&2 just took away any chance he had. I just hope the last couple races don't put the kid in like a second guess brain scramble from hell and he abandons all his instincts or something. Honestly I find it sort of laughable that the #31 will have a chance at winning the championship, unless they are poised for some crazy resurgence that I just don't see coming, but this is the system NASCAR put in place and good for them for figuring our a way to get in. I kind of feel bad for Kyle Busch in the whole thing but I can rest easy since it was so fitting the #22 hosed him out of the win.

Newman was one spot away from winning the title in 2014 with one less win than he has this year.

The comedy option would've been to see Larson get to Newman and wall him much like Newman did in 2014 to get into ^that^ position, but even I'd forgotten that had happened.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Harveygod posted:

Now I remember that FedEx actually sponsored the 18 that race because the 11 car didn't qualify.

Jason Leffler's (half?) season in that 11 was all levels of awful.

I have a diecast of that years car :(

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I want one.
http://rowdybusch.com/kyle-busch-nascar-gear/everything-is-great-mens-t-shirt/

https://twitter.com/KyleBusch/statu...894592005181444

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Oh man I didn't even notice until now the "18" out of the word "IS." Nice touch.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The 22 dollar amount is also a nice touch.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

Newman was one spot away from winning the title in 2014 with one less win than he has this year.

The comedy option would've been to see Larson get to Newman and wall him much like Newman did in 2014 to get into ^that^ position, but even I'd forgotten that had happened.

I suppose I'm a little unfair to him saying he is a top of the middle driver when he seems more like a bottom of the top driver. Typically I don't think of the #31 competing for wins over the last few years which is why he has floated to an area of indifference, for me, over the last few seasons. Hell I was pulling for him hard two years ago for a winless champion in an era where winning is everything but I would have cheered on any driver in that case. He's a good veteran driver that knows how to finish races and point his way to the top 10ish area in points. I wonder if that team will have a different approach now that the pressure is off and they don't have to worry about finishing 12th every week to make the chase. Maybe we'll see them turn it on like they did a few years ago where he was ripping top 5's off every week at the end of the chase when up to that point had only had 2 top 5's in the other 31 races.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Ryan Newman is the Geoff Bodine we need in the 21st Century

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

Designed specifically for the 100-lap race scheduled for July 22, the modifications consist of a taller rear spoiler and splitter package; aero ducts on the lower front bumper area; and a 7/8th-inch restrictor plate currently used for superspeedway events at Daytona International Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway.

quote:

"We're giving the driver more momentum from four-five car lengths back, gaining coming into within half a car length; when he gets right into that bubble, he's still got to cross through it, but he's carrying momentum and he can break through it," Stefanyshyn said.

Stefanyshyn said incorporation of the package isn't "a slam dunk," but studies and testing have thus far validated the changes.

"Our belief is that we will create a situation where they can pass on the straightaways," he said. "That's been done analytically, it's been done with three cars. The question is when we turn 40 cars loose on the track can that still manifest itself and that's still what we’re hoping will happen."

This will either be interesting or the greatest poo poo that ever shat. Isn't Gene Stefanyshyn the yes-man Brian France got pissed at Smoke for questioning? "Just because you have an idea doesn't make it a good one"?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That sounds like a recipe for nightmarish aero wake and no-one being able to be close through the turns.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
It has been proven over and over that taller spoilers inhibit passing, why do they keep doing it?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Peanut President posted:

It has been proven over and over that taller spoilers inhibit passing, why do they keep doing it?

I remember what happened last time.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
no but you see when they have less throttle response via the plate what this mean is

*runs away*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bring back the wicker bill

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

Alain Post posted:

bring back the wicker bill

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

No splitters, spoilers and side skirts. Wider tires. Lighten the cars by 500lbs.

This isn't hard.

Nascar is loving stupid.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

Do you ever mute people, particularly those who you follow but don’t want to offend by unfollowing?

I think if the mute function had been around when I was following Kenny Wallace, it might have gone onto him. But no, honestly. If I don’t have the inclination to see what you have to say, I don’t need to follow you. I don’t care about hurting feelings that way.

:roflolmao:

http://jeffgluck.com/social-spotlight-spencer-gallagher-gms-racing-nascar/

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

yo sascar goons.

any info on this?

https://twitter.com/TheOrangeCone/status/845090610826678272

https://twitter.com/TheOrangeCone/status/845089654038839296

https://twitter.com/DrunkBrianF/status/845091624061427716

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Peanut President posted:

NASCAR dumb

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

That is an IMSA GTO car

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

That is an IMSA GTO car

The Mercury Cougar and the Toyota Celica of that era were truly beautiful cars fwiw...

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

FuzzySkinner posted:

The Mercury Cougar and the Toyota Celica of that era were truly beautiful cars fwiw...

just pretend I read this in a pastel shirt while Genesis plays softly in the background

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Peanut President posted:

It's been proven over and over that NASCAR is out of ideas. Why do we keep watching?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I only really watch SRA and GMS anymore. Have not watched a single Cup race this year including Daytona, though mostly because I was on a plane flight for the entire race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

daslog posted:

It's been proven over and over that NASCAR is out of ideas. Why do we keep watching?

We're all whipped.

...or at least I am. I stopped supporting NASCAR the company (in that it's been a long time since I've defended anything NASCAR itself did) years ago, but still enjoy watching and have enough appreciation for the fans/teams/drivers/media/community feel of the sport overall to keep watching and am enough of a sheep to keep going. I still enjoy Fridays and Sundays watching NASCAR (:lol: I'm going to watch NXS unless the majority of Cup guys are out of the field, which means :lol: watching most races before September).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You guys ask this question every year fyi

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

daslog posted:

Racing is racing.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

gret posted:

Racing is racing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I also like speedy race cars.

And yelling about how much I hate Kyle Bush to myself because the wife refused to watch this with me.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

gret posted:

Racing is racing.

this is wisdom

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

daslog posted:

*Puts on NASCAR Thunder 2004

I! HATE! EVERYTHING ABOUT NASCAR!

WHY! DO I! WATCH IIIIIIIT!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

daslog posted:

I mean I don't. I just follow this thread and shitpost.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

daslog posted:

Because we're idiots and need something half entertaining to bitch about. Hell how stupid that package will be more of us will watch the start... Then fall asleep.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

I mean I don't. I just follow this thread and shitpost.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Am I brain damaged or is Keselowski actually a pretty good commentator? Am I brain damaged for watching Xfinity? :(

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kes is really smart, he was great in the booth at Daytona since he's such a good plate racer he could offer a lot of insight.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

"I had a lot of wall glue on me when I was a racer" - Michael Waltrip 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

big nipples big life posted:

Kes is really smart

• Locked thread