Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I wish we'd get the next set of leaks/reveals already. Really want to know if the rumours about the Tie Bomber are true, and if the "Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring" that's be leaked in name only is the stupid Jedi Interceptor they've put like 3 out of in recent years or the cool Jedi Starfighter (Delta-7) that hasn't had a model in awhile.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I have the first Ed TIE bomber and Interceptor and I kinda regret not getting the new nicer TIE but I have so much Lego and don't use it nearly as much now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone know of any place (like Fred Meyer or something) having any Lego sales? I feel the urge to just go slide my arm down an aisle and let boxes fall into my cart and then come home and see what kind of cool bricks I got...

[edit] Also I totally backed this Lego Tape Indiegogo thing...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nimuno-loops-the-toy-block-tape#/

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 16, 2017

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Feenix posted:

Anyone know of any place (like Fred Meyer or something) having any Lego sales? I feel the urge to just go slide my arm down an aisle and let boxes fall into my cart and then come home and see what kind of cool bricks I got...

Fred Meyer likely just switched out their Lego selection. You might be able to get them cheap or they might be gone. I picked up three huge Ninjago sets for thirty bucks.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Feenix posted:

If that poo poo actually works I will be surprised as gently caress.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Someone posted that on Facebook and I was also thinking that there is absolutely no way in hell that stuff works. Yeah maybe you could stick like 1 brick to it sideways but the connections in the thumbnail for their promo video don't even look stable. It looks like it is made from silicone which would be way too soft to be useful.

Also, I have no desire to build stuff like that, but I guess that doesn't mean others don't.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

Someone posted that on Facebook and I was also thinking that there is absolutely no way in hell that stuff works. Yeah maybe you could stick like 1 brick to it sideways but the connections in the thumbnail for their promo video don't even look stable. It looks like it is made from silicone which would be way too soft to be useful.

Also, I have no desire to build stuff like that, but I guess that doesn't mean others don't.

I have a 4 year old Legomaniac and it was 11 dollars to back it. I'm not expecting Lego-quality stud-fitting on some silicone tape, but thought it was novel. I will report back...

...in July if it even ships on time and that would be a crowdfunding first.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I'm guessing that they'd use the compressibility of the silicon to their favour and make the studs slightly oversized.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It seems weird to emphasize how it's flexible and bendable when it's not really gonna work very well in anything but a flat straight line.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Just stick some Sugru to whatever you want to make Lego compatible

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or cut up a baseplate and glue it to things.. they barely qualify as "parts" as they're sold by themselves in shrink wrap.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Not to mention how it's going to screw up my sorting system.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

xzzy posted:

Or cut up a baseplate and glue it to things..

We cut up a bunch of baseplates (super easy to do) and glued them to the floor of a big doll house. Now our daughters make Lego chairs/tables/beds/etc for their Lego figures to stay in the doll house, and it survives being moved/put away/bumped.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

As a kid I cut up a baseplate because I wanted a spaceship with a smooth bottom and that was the only way I could think of to pull it off. :v:

Stud inversion was way outside my wheelhouse in the 80's.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Grabbed a small stack of these in Japan. They give out free mini movie posters there and had hundreds, I think I have around 40. If anyone would like a couple and is willing to pay for postage I'll send em your way.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Brickheadz aren't really my cup of tea, but I just noticed something about the Jack Sparrow one. There are bley pieces under the eyes to represent Depp's mascara. I thought that was cute.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I got some 85 cent knockoff lego guys from AliExpress

Doctor Strange, Khal Drogo and Danerys Targaryen are all great. The arm joints are a little stiff at first but everything else feels good. No mold flash, no misprints (unless you wanna sperg about the silver on Strange's temples) and they fit correctly onto real Lego studs. A+. I wish Drogo had the right skin color.

Hot Dog Guy is...not so good. The dude underneath is fine but the hot dog suit itself is rough. The paint job is crappy and there are some demolding scratches on it and a fair bit of flash. Trimming it up with a knife and repainting would make it look fine but yeah. C, C+ at best. You tried.

Overall, for $3.40, 3 out of 4 ain't bad

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 21, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ChesterJT posted:

Grabbed a small stack of these in Japan. They give out free mini movie posters there and had hundreds, I think I have around 40. If anyone would like a couple and is willing to pay for postage I'll send em your way.

Me please! My kid would flip for the top one!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Feenix posted:

Me please! My kid would flip for the top one!

Theyre the same, its just front and back. Pm me your address.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sagebrush posted:

I got some 85 cent knockoff lego guys from AliExpress

Hot Dog Guy looks like he has herpes.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
No it's not herpes it's just excess heat escaping from the body.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
So I think I have a problem. I buy about 2-3 sets a month, but I haven't built anything in 2 years because we had a baby 2 years ago. I keep buying and not building. I've become one of those Scrooge McDuck Lego hoarders on reddit. I seriously have a stack to the roof of my garage. How do other people deal with falling behind? and also building around babies!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Shawn posted:

So I think I have a problem. I buy about 2-3 sets a month, but I haven't built anything in 2 years because we had a baby 2 years ago. I keep buying and not building. I've become one of those Scrooge McDuck Lego hoarders on reddit. I seriously have a stack to the roof of my garage. How do other people deal with falling behind? and also building around babies!

I know the feeling. I dug my lego out to sort, sell, and downsize and instead I'm buying bulk on bricklink. Some sort of hoarding mentality.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Save them for your kid. :)

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
That's the lie I tell myself, but at the rate I buy she’s going to have a huge set to open every weekend from 6 to 18. Its become a shame stack, a beacon of irresponsibility.

I build Duplo with her a lot and this weekend I took her to pick a set to help me build from the garage. She picked a Scooby Doo set (The Lighthouse) and I got through one bag before I realized I made a terrible mistake.

At what age do they stop trying to eat Shaggy's hair?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
A buddy of mine is selling his Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant, both complete with figures minus the crap limo from the cinema. Any Australian goons interested? Throw me a lowball offer, they're not mine so you can't offend me.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Shawn posted:

and also building around babies!

I build after the kiddos are asleep and immediately take the sets to my office in the morning. I have a table at work covered in Lego. I need shelves something fierce.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Shawn posted:

That's the lie I tell myself, but at the rate I buy she’s going to have a huge set to open every weekend from 6 to 18. Its become a shame stack, a beacon of irresponsibility.

I build Duplo with her a lot and this weekend I took her to pick a set to help me build from the garage. She picked a Scooby Doo set (The Lighthouse) and I got through one bag before I realized I made a terrible mistake.

At what age do they stop trying to eat Shaggy's hair?

My 2yo plays with our Lego without eating it. Then again, he shoved a bead up his nostril yesterday so v:(v

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

When will the Fishermen House be available?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
so my girlfriend is really into collecting legos, specifically the disney princess castles etc. i am not really into it and buy a set for myself here and there to build with her but i am more of a DIY buildy other things kinda guy. what is some QOL stuff you guys would consider to be useful for housing or playing with your legos that might not occur to me as a lego layman? i've already built her shelving to display the castles but she likes to build custom houses and stuff on the plates(?) and i'm wondering if maybe there's something i could 3d print for her or whatever to make the experience better. just lookin for opinions.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spotted on reddit, pretty classy use for brick separators.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
While not the most glamorous of the ships, I think I am all about that UCS Snow Speeder.

And yes even moreso to that Fishing Shack.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Feenix posted:

While not the most glamorous of the ships, I think I am all about that UCS Snow Speeder.

And yes even moreso to that Fishing Shack.

I think that might be my first UCS buy. I have a soft spot for all the Hoth stuff

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Hoth stuff, comin through

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

But my relative scales...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

smackfu posted:

But my relative scales...

I wonder how it scales next to other UCS stuff like RED5 and the B Wing. Looks like it's going to be on the big side if they are shooting for the same price since a Snowspeeder should be like 40% smaller than an X-Wing.

I'll still snatch it up immediately because I have a bit of an obsession with any small rebel ships/starfighters.

Edit: Oh yeah I looked at an article it's way bigger scale than the other 2.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK-aTQKzT2U

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Do you guys know about the Lego Batman Movie Magazine for kids? It costs 3.50€ and contains 1 minifig. Is it available in the US?
Over here in Germany, issue 2 was just released that features a Joker minifig similar to the one in the Scuttler and Baloon Escape sets. Issue 1 had a limited classic Batman. I used it as a cheap way to get a classic Batman and am considering pickung up Joker as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hopper posted:

Do you guys know about the Lego Batman Movie Magazine for kids? It costs 3.50€ and contains 1 minifig. Is it available in the US?
Over here in Germany, issue 2 was just released that features a Joker minifig similar to the one in the Scuttler and Baloon Escape sets. Issue 1 had a limited classic Batman. I used it as a cheap way to get a classic Batman and am considering pickung up Joker as well.

I looked at the Batman minifig but couldn't see any difference between it and the one you get 17 times over in the sets.