Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Lemme see, Dupes

Banner 1:
Arc SSB (Instant Curaga Medica + Physical Blink)

Banner 2:
Quistis BSB
Selphie SSB (Curaga Medica + Magical Blink)

Banner 3:
Krile SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + High Regen)

Banner 4:
Agrias BSB
Alphinaud BSB
Ramza SSB (Stoneskin: 30%, +50% Critical Damage to party)
Alphinaud SSB (+30% ATK/MAG + Radiant Shield to party)

Banner 5:
Y'shtola SSB (Protectga, Shellga + High Regen to party)
Papalymo SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + Quick Magical Cast 3 to party)

So, 2 pulls on banner 1 for loving sure. All of the BSB+ are really good, and the non-dupe SSBs all fill nice niches for me. Skipping the uninteresting banner 2 since I have quistis BSB, 1 pull on 3, maaaaybe a pull on 4 to hope to thread a needle despite dupes cause all those OSBs make me drool, and certainly a pull on 5 and just pray no Ysh'tola or Papalymo/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zonko_T.M. posted:

That's an alright pull! Not sure when I'll use Ingus outside of 3 content and earth weak bosses, but Ashe is now going on my mage team.

Ingus's BSB makes him incredibly useful in Torment fights. Even if you're not hitting weaknesses, the En-Earth gives a nice damage boost, the ATK/DEF boost stacks with Shout and VoF, and the BSB itself is good AoE for clearing trash or whittling down boss fights with multiple targets.

The first command is basically Gaia Cross with Magic Lure stapled to it (without the RES boost, so you might want to equip the actual Magic Lure ability in a ST magic heavy fight), and the second command is a two-hit move that also gives you Retaliate. This turns Ingus into a super tank that is really good at avoiding damage while clearing trash mobs, and since he's going to be targeted nonstop in Torment fights, once he gets going you'll never be in a situation where you don't have an SB gauge full by the time Burst Mode wears off. Also, since 99% of his actions in a Torment fight are going to be his BSB or his commands, you can stick Protectga or Shellga into his ability slots. Ingus owns.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

For those who don't know the effects by memory, I added them (basically for myself because I only know the ones I have)

Hogama posted:

Banner 1:
Tyro USB - Grants Haste, Astra and HP Stock (2000), grants Instant Cast 2 to the user
Sephiroth OSB - 12,0 phys Dark/Fire Break damage cap
Onion Knight OSB - 13,0 Phys or 43,0 Mag damage based on which stat is higher,
Kain BSB
- Four group ranged Lightning jump attacks (1,25 each), grants Haste, Attach Lightning and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Two single ranged Lightning attacks (1,03 each), grants No Air Time 2 to the user
- CMD 2 - Two single ranged Lightning attacks (1,03 each), restores 1 consumed ability use (priority to lowest remaining uses) to the user
Vaan BSB
- Five single ranged attacks (1,52 each), DEF and MAG -40% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - 2,00 phys, MAG -50% for 15 seconds
- CMD 2 - 2,00 phys, DEF -40% for 15 seconds
Maria BSB
- Eight single Earth attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Earth and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - 3/4/5/6 single Earth attacks (2,00 each) at 624/973/1032 MAG, causes Petrify (5%)
- CMD 2 - Two group Earth attacks (3,09 each), grants Stitch in Time to the user for 20 seconds (MAG +30%, DEF -30%)
Braska SSB (MAG +30%, Quick Cast 3 and High Regen)
Arc SSB (Instant Curaga Medica + Physical Blink)
Edge SSB (Hastega, Last Stand + Physical Blink)
Sephiroth SSB (10x Dark/NE physical ST + EnDark)

Banner 2:
Faris USB - Six group attacks (0,84 each), 0,94/1,04/1,29 multiplier if there are 3/2/1 enemies, ATK, DEF, MAG, RES and MND -30% for 25 seconds, causes Stun (100%)
Tidus OSB - 12,00 Phys Water, Breaks Damage Cap
Shantotto BSB
- Six group Lightning/Fire/Ice attacks (1,94 each), grants Haste, Attach Lightning and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four Lightning/Fire single magic attacks (2,00 each)
- CMD 2 - Four Lightning/Ice single magic attacks (2,00 each)
Quistis BSB
- Eight random Poison attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Poison and Burst Mode the user
- Four single attacks (2,17 each), causes Poison (7%), Blind (7%), Silence (7%) and Confuse (7%)
- Two group attacks (3,09 each), grants Stitch in Time to the user for 20 seconds (MAG +30%, DEF -30%)
Yuna BSB2
- Restores HP (55), MAG and MND +30% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Either Summon Valefor or if Valefor is summoned, Four group attacks (4,80 each), minimum damage 1100, removes Summon Valefor to the user
- CMD 2 - If no Valefor, Restores HP (25), 2,00 holy attack damages undeads. If Valefor, Minimum damage 1100, restores HP (25) to all allies (Enlir's is confusing on this one)
Krile BSB
- Six group attacks (1,99 each), grants Haste, Attach Fire and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single Fire/NE attacks (2,17 each), causes Stun (9%)
- CMD 2 - Two group Fire/NE attacks (3,04 each), causes Slow (16%)
Minfilia SSB (+50% ATK + Last Stand)
Selphie SSB (Curaga Medica + Magical Blink)
Exdeath SSB (6x Dark/NE magical ST, +30% MAG/MND to party)
Zell SSB (8x random NE physical ST, +30% ATK/DEF/RES to self)

Banner 3:
Bartz OSB - Wind/Water/Earth/Fire 10,00 ranged attack, breaks damage cap
Gilgamesh OSB - 10,80 or 13,20 if all allies are alive, breaks damage cap
Cid Raines BSB
- Six single dark/holy attacks (2,57 each), 3,31 mult. if the user has any Doom, min. 500, DEF and MAG +30% to all allies for 25 sec., grants Haste and B. M. to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single dark/holy attacks (2,20 each), grants Instant Magical Attacks 1 to the user
- CMD 2 - Two group dark/holyattacks (3,90 each), grants Lingering Spirit to the user for 20 seconds (MAG +30%, RES -30%)
Golbez BSB
- Seven single dark attacks (2,49 each), MAG +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Haste, Sentinel and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Grants Summon Black Dragon and Stoneskin: 30% - If Black Dragon summoned, Four group Dark attacks (4,30 each), minimum damage 1100, removes Summon Black Dragon to the user
- CMD 2 - Four single Dark attacks (2,55 each), or if Black Dragon summoned, Four single Dark attacks (2,55 each) and heals the user for 20% of the damage dealt
Refia BSB
- Eight single Fire/NE attacks (0,78 each), grants Haste, Dance of Carnage (Critical chance =50%), Attach Fire and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single ranged Fire/NE attacks (0,49 each), critical hits deal 100% more damage (instead of 50%)
- CMD 2 - Two group ranged Fire/NE attaks (0,65 each), grants Dark Bargain to the user for 20 seconds (ATK +30%, DEF -30%)
Relm BSB
- Three group Hole/NE attacks (3,13 each), restores HP (55) to all allies, grants Last Stand to all allies, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Restores HP (105), damages undeads (4,00)
- CMD 2 - Restores HP (25) all, damages undeads (2,00)
Sabin SSB (40% Max HP medica, +100% DEF and Esuna to party)
Noel SSB (6x NE physical ST, 100% Stun, Instant Cast 2 to user)
Krile SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + High Regen)
Laguna SSB (6x NE physical ranged ST, +50% ATK to party)

Banner 4:
Agrias OSB - 11,25 Holy/NE, Breaks damage cap, 12,75 multiplier if exploiting elemental weakness
Ashe OSB - 40,00 Lightning.NE, breaks damage cap
TG Cid OSB - 15,00 Holy/Lightning, Breaks damage cap, grants Thunder God's Might (Multiplies ATB charge rate by 3,00 while casting)
Agrias BSB
- Four group Holy attacks (1,47 each), causes Imperil Holy 20% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Two single Holy attacks (1,25 each), grants Sentinel to the user
- CMD 2 - Two single Holy attacks (1,25 each), RES +40% to the user for 20 seconds
Eiko BSB
- Restores HP (85), grants Critical 50% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Restores HP (105), grants Physical Blink 1, damages undeads (4,00)
- CMD 2 - Restores HP (25) all, damages undeads (2,00)
Alphinaud BSB
- Eight single Wind attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Wind and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single Wind attacks (1,91 each), grants Instant Cast 1 to the user
- CMD 2 - Two single Wind attacks (4,28 each), restores 1 consumed ability use (priority to lowest remaining uses) to the user
Yuna SSB (Curaga Medica + 2000 HP Stock)
Ramza SSB (Stoneskin: 30%, +50% Critical Damage to party)
Alphinaud SSB (+30% ATK/MAG + Radiant Shield to party)
Onion Knight SSB (5x NE magical AOE, 40% Max HP medica to party)

Banner 5:
Eiko USB - Instant Restores HP (85), grants Last Stand and Haste
Zidane OSB - 11,80 Wind/NE Breaks damage cap, 12,80 multiplier if 4 females are in the party
Garnet BSB
- Three group Lightning/Holy attacks (4,75 each), minimum damage 1100, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Restores HP (105), removes negative effects, damages undeads
- CMD 2 - Two group Lightning/Holy attacks (4,00 each), minimum damage 1100
Vanille BSB
- Instant Restores HP (85), MND +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Two single Holy attacks (5,30 each), RES -30% for 25 seconds
- CMD 2 - Restores HP (25), damages undeads (2,00)
Luneth BSB
- Eight single ranged Wind attacks (0,78 each), causes Stun (100%), grants Haste, Attach Wind and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single ranged Wind/NE attacks (0,49 each), causes Stun (9%)
- CMD 2 - Two group ranged Wind/NE attacks (0,65 each), grants Hailstorm to the user for 20 seconds (ATK +30%, RES -30%)
Jecht BSB
- Eight random Dark attacks (0,83 each), grants Haste, Attach Dark and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single ranged Dark attacks (0,54 each)
- CMD 2 - Two group ranged Dark attacks (0,75 each)
Y'shtola SSB (Protectga, Shellga + High Regen to party)
Garland SSB (5x Dark/NE physical AOE, -50% ATK/DEF to enemies)
Papalymo SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + Quick Magical Cast 3 to party)
Cid Highwind SSB (+50% ATK + Hastega to party)

And I think I'm gonna pull once on 1 and twice on 2 and 3. I really want TG Cid OSB but I have 5 dupes from that banner so I'm not gonna risk it and Banner 5 doesn't seem that great when you already have Vanille BSB and Eiko BSB. I do need a Dark SB though, I don't have a single one, so if I don't get one from above I might rage pull this one for Jechts, even though that's probably a bad idea.

bilperkins2 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 23, 2017

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Dupes:

1: Kain BSB, Vaan BSB, Arc SSB
2: Yuna BSB2, Minfilia SSB
3: None
4: Orlandeau OSB, Eiko BSB
5: Vanille BSB, Luneth BSB, Yoshicola SSB

Well obviously I'm pulling on banner 3, there doesn't seem to be much hype for it but I'll gladly take another chance at Raines BSB (Refia BSB would be neat too, and I still don't have Sheepsong and badly need more forms of Hastega). I'm not sure what else to chase here, maybe I'll just do 1 pull on each banner and leave it at that. Taking into account the bonus 50 mythril dungeon and other sources of mythril (I'm not doing the Record Missions until phase 5), I should theoretically have enough for 9 pulls altogether but I don't want to blow it all on this...

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I completely forgot about the minigame mythril when doing my math. We should be getting 85 mythril total on the 25th, yea?

Also, do we have the list for the Ultros banner yet?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Mithross posted:

I completely forgot about the minigame mythril when doing my math. We should be getting 85 mythril total on the 25th, yea?

Also, do we have the list for the Ultros banner yet?
Zurai said closer to 100 mythril on Saturday.

Ultros banner

I can use Squall OSB to go with his jacket now at least!

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Ok so I have 165 mythril at the moment because Ive been kinda burnt out and inactive just logging in to collect daily rewards...

Which of the banners is the best to pull on ? I have a enholy team of firion beatrix minfilia w terra and y'shtola just cause they have good relics if it matters.

I dont have any overstrike weapons... Im tempted to pull and try and get firions right now but I know I wont in 3 tries... should I wait for tg cids overstrike banner since hes supposed to be stupidly powerful and I can just ditch enholy and bring back cloud and his burst sword and just overpower stuff?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Too many dupes on 4 and 5 for me, 1 and 3 look great. I really want Tidus' OSB, but nothing else on 2 looks particularly amazing to me, so I dunno if I'll end up pulling on it or not.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hi posted:

Which of the banners is the best to pull on ? I have a enholy team of firion beatrix minfilia w terra and y'shtola just cause they have good relics if it matters.

Go for Banner 4. Agrias's BSB is a straight upgrade to Beatrix's, and both Agrias and Orlandu OSBs would be a huge boost.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Too many dupes on 4 and 5 for me, 1 and 3 look great. I really want Tidus' OSB, but nothing else on 2 looks particularly amazing to me, so I dunno if I'll end up pulling on it or not.

The main draw of Banner 2 is that Shantotto actually goes "OHOHOHO" in the BSB.

On a less important note, while every Banner has some sort of Faithga, this one has 2 with Yuna's BSB and Exdeath's SSB. Faris's USB isn't amazing (relative to some upcoming offensive USBs), but if you don't have a lot of stackable breaks, it's a pretty great AoE debuff on someone who can dive for Dancer 5.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

isn't agrias' BSB identical in every way to beatrix's? i ask this as someone who has both

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Cowcaster posted:

isn't agrias' BSB identical in every way to beatrix's? i ask this as someone who has both

Beatrix's CMD2 is non-elemental while Agrias's CMD2 is holy-elemental. Agrias's entry also doesn't suffer a penalty if anyone on the field is dead.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I may have to take a few extra swings at the Ultros Banner. I missed out on Onion Gauntlets and Healer's Circlet the first time and they're basically top of my wishlist.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Agrias BSB is slightly better than Beatrix but not enough to actually to matter unless you happen to have both

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ah geez I forgot all about the Ultros Banner somehow. I might have to toss my potential Banner 2 pull at that instead if I don't get anything I want on the freebie pull.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Alxprit posted:

Beatrix's CMD2 is non-elemental while Agrias's CMD2 is holy-elemental.

well i'll be damned

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

iPodschun posted:

Ultros banner

i've still not come to terms with the loving onion sword being on there

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I'm kinda mad that Tidus's BSB is nowhere to be found on any banner (except enElement and BSB of course). I really wanted it and Tidus's OSB combo

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I've made my mind up on 4 out of 5 of the fest banners. Banners 1 and 4 are definite pulls for me, 3 is a probable and 5 I'll probably pass on. Banner 2 is the giving me pause. I'd love any of the three mage BSBs, and two shots at MAG/MND Faithgas would be nice, but on the other hand there are two dupes (Minfilia and Selphie SSB), Zell's relic on it will probably never see use and Yuna's BSB seems kind of awkward and not particularly appealing outside of the Faithga. I'll probably avoid spending any Mythril on the Ultros Banner unless I completely bomb the free pull.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Prav posted:

I have an Onion Sword+ already so I'm sure I'll pull at least one more instead of the Gauntlets I badly want.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are these anniversary banners going to overlap at all or are they discrete from each other? i'd really like to throw mythril at 4, but only if a theoretical pull on 5 turns out good first

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Prav posted:

Yeah. It's like nonstop drooling for the first 8 relics, then the last 3 are dupes with onion sword not being that great in the first place. It's solid but it doesn't really make OK worth bringing the same way Ramza's shout does, and typically I want utility from support like Shout/Wall more than damage.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Went 3/11 on a Lucky Draw again which is nice, but again 2/3 were dupes (Terra Circlet and Balthier's armor) so the only real prize was Maria's BSB.

That ain't bad for 25 mythril, though. Debating on whether to combine Balthier's Heart of Golds into one super good light armor or keeping them separate for a pair of fire-boost armors.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

Went 3/11 on a Lucky Draw again which is nice, but again 2/3 were dupes (Terra Circlet and Balthier's armor) so the only real prize was Maria's BSB.

That ain't bad for 25 mythril, though. Debating on whether to combine Balthier's Heart of Golds into one super good light armor or keeping them separate for a pair of fire-boost armors.

the tiara has really good stats as a caster helm. If you're good on FF6 armor, combine them and it'll do some good in other realms.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cowcaster posted:

are these anniversary banners going to overlap at all or are they discrete from each other? i'd really like to throw mythril at 4, but only if a theoretical pull on 5 turns out good first

Ultros Select (or Players' Choice as they appear to be calling it for us) will overlap with the first few hours of banner 1. But otherwise no, each subsequent phase replaces the one before it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Grozz Nuy posted:

Ultros Select (or Players' Choice as they appear to be calling it for us) will overlap with the first few hours of banner 1. But otherwise no, each subsequent phase replaces the one before it.

humbug

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

God dang it, I thought id have enough time to get 25 mythril for every special draw. Id much rather have pulled on this special draw than the one for healing items.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Looks like I'll be doing a pull on 2 and two pulls on 3, and then saving the rest for whatever. I should probably evaluate my currents relics and see where any gaps are, but reckless waifu/husbando/that-looks-cool pullin' is way more fun :v:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Man, I've love to get Eiko's USB, but the banner's poo poo for me aside from that. I think I'm planning for 1-3 pulls on banner 1 and 1-3 on banner 3 and calling it for the fests.

For those of you with only SSB dupes on any given banner, I wouldn't really factor those into your planning. It's mainly a big deal if you already have one of the big ticket prizes like a BSB or OSB. Generally only getting an SSB after a pull here would probably be disappointing regardless of dupe.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

As a beginner I guess anything is good but... :geno:

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Unless I get really lucky in the Always Burst Banner, I'll budget a pull in both Banner 1 and Banner 3: I may have a dupe on each one (Arc's Robe in 1, Sheepsong in 3), but it's easy for me to chase them away and be pleased with the rest of their relic selections (especially those Bursts)...

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Cowcaster posted:

edit: i'm also disappointed not one celes runic style soul break is on the list, that's one mechanic i have yet to have in my repertoire
Celes's Indomitable Blade is on the ultros select banner!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm actually kind of considering pulling on Ultros beyond the free pull.

The two things I need are more single-target OSBs (and base 6* weaponry) and a crazy healer SB so I can justify 99ing a specific healer (right now I just bounce between like six healers depending on realm and boss abilities because none of them have outstanding SBs, just mid-tier unique and SSB medicas). Terra, Cloud, and Lightning all have great stats for me because I have most of their other relics, and there's two actual healing BSBs on it (including Yshtola) so uhh... don't have a runic, either, if Celes's SSB includes that.

Weird feel bc it didn't seem like many other people cared much about that banner.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

wizard on a water slide posted:

I'm actually kind of considering pulling on Ultros beyond the free pull.

The two things I need are more single-target OSBs (and base 6* weaponry) and a crazy healer SB so I can justify 99ing a specific healer (right now I just bounce between like six healers depending on realm and boss abilities because none of them have outstanding SBs, just mid-tier unique and SSB medicas). Terra, Cloud, and Lightning all have great stats for me because I have most of their other relics, and there's two actual healing BSBs on it (including Yshtola) so uhh... don't have a runic, either, if Celes's SSB includes that.

Weird feel bc it didn't seem like many other people cared much about that banner.

It seems like a combination of:

lots of chase relics that people have pulled repeatedly for, so more dupes
most of the relics on it have been featured in several banners already, so more likely to have dupes
you get a free pull, so there's another likely dupe before you're spending mythril

Meanwhile the other anniversary banners are also pretty uniformly amazing, and feature relics that haven't been around as much.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that makes sense.

It just seems like a surprisingly good banner for me, and better or fewer dupes than like 3/5 festival banners. People on the subreddit seemed to hate it.

I guess a lot of people chased stuff like Cloud/Terra OSBs and Onion Gauntlets, so me not having done so/not having gotten them pays off now. Huh.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

iamsosmrt posted:

For those of you with only SSB dupes on any given banner, I wouldn't really factor those into your planning. It's mainly a big deal if you already have one of the big ticket prizes like a BSB or OSB. Generally only getting an SSB after a pull here would probably be disappointing regardless of dupe.

I'm not so sure. Ssbs are still weighted twice as heavily as bsb+, so even though they only make up 40% of the banner they'll still account for almost 60% of the relics drawn. If your point of view is that any pull without bsb+ is a whiff, that's fair, but that's still gonna make up about a third of 11 pulls.

Having one dupe bsb+ is half as likely to bite you as having a dupe ssb.

Edit: As someone who started in January and has no dupes, I'm definitely looking for some things on the selection banner. I don't have any haste/boostgas, and having the two premier ones on one banner with a number of first class consolation prizes is too big to pass up.

way to go steve fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 23, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Celes's Indomitable Blade is on the ultros select banner!

oh, nice!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Anyone who wants to pull on a banner for an osb just to have an osb should pull on a dagger, or a rod. As far as I know, all osb's have the same max stat. My rod and dagger caps out at 186 without synergy, fully augmented.

Having an osb dagger means you can always field one more character with packing equipment options no matter the realm, as well as capitalize on the new thief 5* abilities. And hey, locke's osb dagger has holy boost to it, that's nuts!

Having an osb rod will mean you have a sub-par synergy level weapon for every mage (that can use rods I guess). Need to field 2 mages, but only have a single magic stat stick? It's the same magic as a mind focused sage staff with synergy!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I barely have enough mythril to spread between the anniversary banners don't you go talking up locke's osb dagger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Cowcaster posted:

I barely have enough mythril to spread between the anniversary banners don't you go talking up locke's osb dagger
Locke's OSB is bad, dooooon't

• Locked thread