Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

I'm starting one right now, June 8th. You heard it here first guys!

June 7th here imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'm guessing from stuff like blaster master and the upcoming street fighter remake that what you see is pretty much their strategy.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Besides the golf game what Neogeo stuff should I pick up

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kashuno posted:

June 7th here imo

But that's a Wednesday, releases have been on Thursdays.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr Cheeto posted:

Metal Slug 3 is always a great fun game to play. Metal Slug X is probably the high point of the series for me, but 3 was really good too.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Shock Troopers is good fun with a buddy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rirse posted:

Metal Slug 3 is always a great fun game to play. Metal Slug X is probably the high point of the series for me, but 3 was really good too.

3 is the best of all the game, the gently caress's wrong whichu?

X owns though. I really hope they bring over every god drat Metal Slug for the Switch. 3 is a fantastic port and I'm glad it's not terrible like the lovely DotEmu ports on Steam.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Should I get this piss old golf game or trust Nintendon't will release a good one someday?

I think at some point Mario Golf is a given. We've been discussing the neo geo game in the eshop thread and goon opinion is mixed.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

pixaal posted:

I enjoy 1-2 switch but if it was the only game it would be a sad time. I can't play longer than 10 minutes at a time. I've put in about 4 or 5 10 minute sessions with friends so far. Other people have also used my copy for the same thing. It's fun to mess around with, best if you have a bunch of people though. You put it on the TV instead of a sports game people pick it up play a few rounds put the controllers down and two other people pick it up a 10 minutes later. People laugh at them as they get really into staring deeply into each others eyes as they milk a cow.

If you are only getting 1 game, Zelda. Other good games Snipper clippers (you are going to need a second person), fast RMX. There's several other good titles that are a bit more niche and you might have played elsewhere

Shovel Knight
Binding of Isaac

Is 1-2-switch fun for 2 people or do there really need to be more people in the room for it to be decent, it kind of looks like the latter. Short version is I'm looking for a fun game to play with my wife until they come out with a Mario Party (and Mario Kart, which I already pre-ordered)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:woop: JUST OVER 24 HOURS TO GO UNTIL TESTFIRE :woop:

:siren: Here are the LOUDOUTS :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYL48l1rCnEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV572HWtJbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNlELsx4-X4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxVTj1RdQN0

:siren: Here are the SPECIALS :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOHWM2tFP74https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODNZm6PkZ4I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ9Ygawbqjkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_RiZq--mUo

:siren: Stages will be :siren:
- The Reef
- Musselforge Fitness

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/844505201960636417
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/842669593793454081

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYdfOI6uMU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kashuno posted:

Why is there a Samus one

one of the most important nintendo franchise

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here are the Aussie times

(First round is 5min from time of this post. Set your watches accordingly)

Here are the more US centric times

quote:

March 24: 12-12:59 p.m. PT
March 24: 8-8:59 p.m. PT
March 25: 4-4:59 a.m. PT
March 25: 12-12:59 p.m. PT
March 25: 8-8:59 p.m. PT
March 26: 4-4:59 a.m. PT

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
euro times??

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Wheany posted:

I could walk to a supermarket near me and buy 10 immediately

If I thought you were serious, and if I also had the slightest iota of trust in goons, I would ask you to get one for me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can we group with friends for the testfire?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

euro times??

Friday 24th March
19:00 - 19:59 GMT / 20:00 - 20:59 CET
Saturday 25th March
03:00 - 03:59 GMT / 04:00 - 04:59 CET
11:00 - 11:59 GMT / 12:00 - 12:59 CET
19:00 - 19:59 GMT / 20:00 - 20:59 CET
Sunday 26th March
04:00 - 04:59 BST / 05:00 - 05:59 CET
12:00 - 12:59 BST / 13:00 - 13:59 CET

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can we group with friends for the testfire?

Doubtful

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

shortspecialbus posted:

Is 1-2-switch fun for 2 people or do there really need to be more people in the room for it to be decent, it kind of looks like the latter. Short version is I'm looking for a fun game to play with my wife until they come out with a Mario Party (and Mario Kart, which I already pre-ordered)

It's good with 2 people but for $50 not really worth the money. You are going to get bored after 10 minutes. You could probably pop it in every Friday or something and enjoy it for years because it's funny especially if you get really into it and actually act out like the demo videos show.

More people is more fun, it's niche because you need a house with a good layout and a nerd party for it to make sense at $50. At $9.99 I'd recommend it for more casual play.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
You know how Zelda alone is worth buying a Switch? I'm pretty sure Splatoon 2 will fit that mold.

The original was easily my favorite WiiU game, and now they'll have had a couple years for more pimp levels, multiplayer modes, guns, clothes, and all with better graphics.

Should be fresh as gently caress.

Thinking about it now, the WiiU GamePad was actually great to quickly check the map and for super jumps. I guess they'll have some sort of mini map in the corner for Splatoon 2...

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 23, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The developers of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom are polling on Twitter as to whether or not they should do a physical cartridge release.

https://twitter.com/FDG_Games/status/844948632700948480

Like this Tweet to say you do!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Deltron 3030 posted:

You know how Zelda alone is worth buying a Switch? I'm pretty sure Splatoon 2 will fit that mold.

The original was easily my favorite WiiU game, and now they'll have had a couple years for more pimp levels, multiplayer modes, guns, clothes, and all with better graphics.

I'm ready for that test in 31 hours and a few minutes I'm going to be at work at 3PM EST but that 11PM is going to be pretty awesome!

pixaal fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 23, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Deltron 3030 posted:

:yeah:

It's easily my favorite multiplayer shooter in a long rear end time and I hope more people that missed out on Wii U get to try it. Just Zelda, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey alone is a better first year than I could remember for any other system. I don't know why the Switch is getting, seemingly, more criticism for that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zelda is a system seller
Mario Kart 8 is a system seller
Mario Odyssey is a system seller

:siren: Splatoon 2 is a system seller :siren:

Make sure you get in on one of these testfire events because you will adore this game if you never played the first one!

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I'm interested in joining the Splatoonfreshsplat but I've never played Splatoon before. Do I need to know anything? I can download it from the eShop?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

SeANMcBAY posted:

:yeah:

It's easily my favorite multiplayer shooter in a long rear end time and I hope more people that missed out on Wii U get to try it. Just Zelda, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey alone is a better first year than I could remember for any other system. I don't know why the Switch is getting, seemingly, more criticism for that.

Because they all weren't launch titles, duh. You mean I have to wait 4 months in between AAA Nintendo releases? Nintendo sucks.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

If I thought you were serious, and if I also had the slightest iota of trust in goons, I would ask you to get one for me.

I am 100% serious. I was there yesterday and they had well over 10 on the shelf. The shortages are regional.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm interested in joining the Splatoonfreshsplat but I've never played Splatoon before. Do I need to know anything? I can download it from the eShop?

Just grab it from the eShop. It's free!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Policenaut posted:

The developers of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom are polling on Twitter as to whether or not they should do a physical cartridge release.

https://twitter.com/FDG_Games/status/844948632700948480

Like this Tweet to say you do!

I'd rather not the game cost more on Switch.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

alr posted:

I keep going back to it, it's not as enjoyable to me as F-Zero or Wipeout but it's good at what it does, especially for the price. Online is real barebones at the moment, you can't race with friends (it dumps you into a race in progress, once that race is complete you join and race as normal) and the netcode is not great. I've thought I've won a few races only to be told 2nd or 3rd. The online is supposedly getting an upgrade patch to allow lobbies and stuff. Tracks are mostly good, none of the ships seem like an overall "best" which is nice, just a reallocation of top speed/accel/boost/weight, so I play around with a few different ones. Personally I recommend it, it's really good

Great price; lovely or no online but a promise to fix that; good content and balanced racers. Good enough for me, thanks!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Wheany posted:

I am 100% serious. I was there yesterday and they had well over 10 on the shelf. The shortages are regional.

What region are we talking?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
So the loose joy-con issue - is that something that can be fixed by replacing the joy-con, or is it the rail on the system that gets messed up?
The kickstand on my Switch just failed even though nothing touched it, then it bounced and fell off the desk, and landed on the right joy con. Now it slides off if I try to hold the switch by that joy-con. I knew my work desk wasn't level, but I didn't think it was that bad...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hungry Computer posted:

So the loose joy-con issue - is that something that can be fixed by replacing the joy-con, or is it the rail on the system that gets messed up?
The kickstand on my Switch just failed even though nothing touched it, then it bounced and fell off the desk, and landed on the right joy con. Now it slides off if I try to hold the switch by that joy-con. I knew my work desk wasn't level, but I didn't think it was that bad...

It's the joycon in every case I've heard. It's caused by putting the strap on backwards (arm band on top not bottom). The rail is held on with a screw at the top and a plastic nub on the bottom. You could very likely fix the joycon yourself if you didn't want to send it for warranty repair. I have no idea if that kind of thing is covered it might be consider mishandling but since it's easy to do it should be covered). Take the joycon apart and glue the plastic bottom bit of the rail to the shell. Should be a simple self fix, but that will probably be obvious if you need to send your joycon in for some other reason. Buying a second set just for that seems kind of silly, especially when it develop the issue until they replace it with metal on the bottom as well (which might be plastic because of the antenna)

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

What region are we talking?

Finland

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Up until a month or so ago I hadn't played any competitive shooters, but there was a free Call of Duty beta thing so I tried it out. My entire brief time playing it was spent immediately dying any time I dared to move. As an inexperienced player it was not fun at all! I hope Splatoon goes better for me.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

parallelodad posted:

Also in XCX to swap characters you had to actually go find them, and they all have their own daily schedules and move around. Everyone has a phone! Why?!

They don't have daily schedules, the only reason they'll move from their usual spot is if you've met the requirements for their next sidequest.

It's still stupid because
1) Their absence is the only sign that they have a sidequest available. If you don't know this (the game does not tell you) then you'll just think that you forgot where to find them, or it's the wrong time of day or something.
2) There's no indication of where they've moved to, so you either have to scour the city to find them or look up a guide
3) There's no purpose to them moving, all it does is waste your time. It's not like they go to some place relevant to the sidequest, they just quietly disappear to some other random place in the city
4) All this is on top of the fact that there's no earthly reason to have to go to a specific place around the city for each character you want to swap into your party in the first place, when this could be done in a fraction of the time using a loving menu

:psyduck:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Wendell posted:

Up until a month or so ago I hadn't played any competitive shooters, but there was a free Call of Duty beta thing so I tried it out. My entire brief time playing it was spent immediately dying any time I dared to move. As an inexperienced player it was not fun at all! I hope Splatoon goes better for me.

CoD has the distinction of having been relatively the same for a decade running and a lovely player base overly dedicated to a mediocre shooter. It's probably one of the worst online communities you could try to get into, especially if shooters aren't your thing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bombadilillo posted:

You have a link? Because I beat and cleared the game as much as I care to (not going for all seeds). I feel like I will be amazed and kick myself.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/21/100-little-things-in-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-that-will-blow-your-mind

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

What's the name of the hilarious anime game coming out that blends 3d environments with 2d enemies? That game looks cool and I want to know more.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

pixaal posted:

It's the joycon in every case I've heard. It's caused by putting the strap on backwards (arm band on top not bottom). The rail is held on with a screw at the top and a plastic nub on the bottom. You could very likely fix the joycon yourself if you didn't want to send it for warranty repair. I have no idea if that kind of thing is covered it might be consider mishandling but since it's easy to do it should be covered). Take the joycon apart and glue the plastic bottom bit of the rail to the shell. Should be a simple self fix, but that will probably be obvious if you need to send your joycon in for some other reason. Buying a second set just for that seems kind of silly, especially when it develop the issue until they replace it with metal on the bottom as well (which might be plastic because of the antenna)

Thanks for the info. I was worried because that joy-con doesn't have any problem staying attached to the grip, just the system itself. Not a huge deal since I don't have any real reason to hold the switch in a way that causes the joy-con to slide off. You can buy individual joy-cons, but at $65 :canada: I think I'll just try fixing it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Project Octopath Traveler Gaiden: Relic of Forgotten Deforestation Complex Alpha

• Locked thread