Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Hardawn posted:

A council of elders works just as well rofl

all elders believe in god, thats why they have lived so long come on you dummies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U_Stole_Content
Mar 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
He My Nigga When Its Culling Time

Ask Angier and Manyard about it

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Saint Drogo posted:

yeah that's both of the things I said and has sod all to do with god actually being real or not.

e: a council of elders sounds even worse though.

What about a council of MILFs?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
God absent, so what

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

What about a council of MILFs?
actually I like to picture god as the ultimate milf

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
God is real whether you believe in Him or not

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I was jewish but we weren't yet on-board with nazi-punching so I converted to eastern orthodox :shrug:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Friends with bennies

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
we gently caress sometimes but its more of a fwb thing

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Trunko posted:

Oh he's real alright

A real piece of poo poo

:boom:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

i worship rear end

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Trunko posted:

Nothing exists once I stop thinking about it. For instance, as soon as I post this and look at another thread, you no longer exist. Prove me wrong.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Nothing exists once I stop thinking about it. For instance, as soon as I post this and look at another thread, you no longer exist. Prove me wrong.

i dont need to prove anything to you, your just a figment of my imagination

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

concrete positions are a self imposed limitation

we exist within an infinite expanse of quantum uncertainty

"god" both simultaneously exists and does not

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I was raised in the reorganized church of latter day saints (not called that anymore because they want to get as far away from association with mormons as they can despite....following the book of mormon) and god told me the garden of eden is in independence missouri

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
missouri was right to send them packing

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Troposphere posted:

I was raised in the reorganized church of latter day saints (not called that anymore because they want to get as far away from association with mormons as they can despite....following the book of mormon) and god told me the garden of eden is in independence missouri

Those are the ones that are into polygamy right. Or maybe that's FLDS

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Oh he's real alright

A real piece of poo poo

:boom:

rude

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
its really easy to spot which posters had real religious parents

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Psycho Society posted:

Those are the ones that are into polygamy right. Or maybe that's FLDS

no they originally broke off from the lds because they didn't believe in polygamy I think

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

Is that why you're in missouri?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

Is that why you're in missouri?
nah we're in missouri because my ancestors wanted me to suffer

when jesus comes back everyone's gonna feel real lovely for dunking on missouri

this is where they think he's gonna show up btw lol. guess they're called the community of christ now?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

nah we're in missouri because my ancestors wanted me to suffer

when jesus comes back everyone's gonna feel real lovely for dunking on missouri

this is where they think he's gonna show up btw lol. guess they're called the community of christ now?

I can see that, if Jesus is a giant hermit crab lol

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
it looks like a poop :eng101:

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
If man is made in God's image. Most men I see have bitch tits.

Therefore, God has bitch tits. QED.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Most men I see have bitch tits.

turn your monitor on

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

suck my dick you gently caress Lord

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I write Him a letter once a year explaining how good I am and list all the new stuff I want. I make sure to mention all His reindeer by name.
I've never gotten a reply because I'm probably not very good at all. So I buy stuff with my own money, but it's the cheap knock off version of what I originally wanted.

So yes, I am Christian

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You know, I think maybe that's the problem, and where so much of my despair comes from, is that I've been hanging out, like, exclusively with people who are lost, and not just lost in their faith but that's a strong indicator.

I think I'm going to head back to church more often.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I think your checklist has grown long in the tooth. You should do some exploring outside of what you were raised in.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

unpleasantly turgid posted:

I was jewish but we weren't yet on-board with nazi-punching so I converted to eastern orthodox :shrug:

Pretty sure most Jews are down with punching Nazis.

Case in point-- Harrison Ford.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Trop, help me find the Lord.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
"I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness."

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

if god was real he'd have to be a real jerk to make pick both ugly AND bad at posting

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
God is extremely fake hope this helps

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

Trop, help me find the Lord.

I told you, independence missouri

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
there is no god.

if there was, it would not be anthropomorphic.

it wouldn't have sentience or sapience.

it doesnt care about you or anything happening on this planet. you dont matter to it. you dont register.

the galactic cluster we're spinning around in doesn't even register.

there is no caring ape in the clouds guiding everything. just the stillness of a cold void with the possibility that beyond it all, a nuclear chaos pulls the strings.

revel in it.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
At first things seemed cool but then he started getting super mad whenever I ordered shrimp and he would threaten to burn me for all eternity if I didnt stop my girlfriend from taking birth control and so now we're kinda on the outs.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hell most Christians still don't seem to get that God destroys the world. Hell if you re-read the story of Revelations, what is even the crime? The "evil" side comes to Earth and brings us peace on Earth, peace in the middle east even, prosperity on a global scale and more.. God promptly wipes them out for with ludicrously over the top plagues and destroys the whole planet.

Yet I can't really tell what "evil" he's supposed to be cleansing. If anything it sounds like his rival did a better job running the planet and he flipped the game board like a pissed off 7 year old.

ED: Actually the most horrifying/interesting part of Revelation to me is when all of Earth's armies unite to try to fight God and fail; while the implication is the anti-Christ is trying to fight him, there's something kind of Chtulu-esque about that.

Glory to Herbert West!

Revelation is an odd book. You can read it as a strict prophecy of the end times like Evangelicals. But you can also think of it as a sort of general understanding the world. Evil is big, and it wins a lot. Like a lot a lot.

And it seems like the world will pretty much always suck. But it won't because nothing, not even evil lasts forever. Evil will triumph and good will suffer and everything will go to hell and get all hosed up. But at the end of everything, once everything is said and done, all the good people that got the poo poo kicked out of them? They're finally going to get what they deserve.

And the real nasty people who took advantage of them the whole time? They're going to get what they deserve too.

The book, if you read in the style of contemporary prophetic literature (and not as a playbook because why the gently caress would Satan follow the playbook???) is a promise that it really will turn out alright In The End.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Read the tao de ching

• Locked thread