Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MourningView posted:

He's the best player in the class so yes unless something goes terribly wrong. Why would that stop him from going to UVA?

It's a tough system to pick up. Obviously talent finds a way & you get a player like that on the court if he comes to you, just that Bennett tends to prefer developing players he'll have for 3-5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

It's a tough system to pick up. Obviously talent finds a way & you get a player like that on the court if he comes to you, just that Bennett tends to prefer developing players he'll have for 3-5 years.

do you seriously think the reason they haven't signed a number one prospect yet is because they don't want them

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Are any other schools offering his father a job? If not, I am guessing he will go to the school that s offering his father a job.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MourningView posted:

do you seriously think the reason they haven't signed a number one prospect yet is because they don't want them

No, of course not. Would just be interesting to see how Bennett goes about it, since it's different from a long-established MO. Almost certainly a moot point though.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
You go about it by playing him lots and enjoying the 30 games you get.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I work in Memphis and I have a ton of coworkers who are going to the Kentucky game tomorrow just to boo Calipari.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

an adult beverage posted:

I work in Memphis and I have a ton of coworkers who are going to the Kentucky game tomorrow just to boo Calipari.

Tell them to boo for UNC and cheer for Butler too.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Larry Brown and Mike Woodson are apparently lobbying jointly for the Indiana job hahahaha

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

pubic works project posted:

Tell them to boo for UNC and cheer for Butler too.

gently caress Butler and UNC b1tch

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Hello Towel posted:

Larry Brown and Mike Woodson are apparently lobbying jointly for the Indiana job hahahaha

I admire this coaching search's commitment to finding coaches i hate and want to root against

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

MourningView posted:

I admire this coaching search's commitment to finding coaches i hate and want to root against

Indiana isn't interested, allegedly. Even though it would be hilariously dumb.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Georgetown fired JT3

Come on down, JT4?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

If I were guessing I'd think OU if he doesn't go to Mizzou, he's got a buddy going there he'd like to play with I think I read somewhere.

It's super weird even being in this discussion by the way, let alone being the odds on favorite.

Oh that person would happen to be point guard Trae Young who spurned KU recently for Oklahoma. He's from Norman and Gottlieb yesterday threw out the idea that he hasn't signed either and may want to join Porter at Missouri which...his parents would have to move out of Norman I'm thinking.

Also for the people who don't quite understand what the big deal on Porter is, not all overall #1s are created equal. With Porter, think Kevin Durant level of ability.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

UVA's lost three players in two days. Jarrod Reuter's not a big loss and would've done even less going forward, but Marial Shayok and Darius Thompson both saw a lot of time, and would have had a big role as fifth-year seniors next season. As grad transfers they'll be eligible immediately elsewhere, so maybe will transfer down a peg into starting jobs.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is it wrong that I'd genuinely be pleased with Bennett solely because he knows how suits are supposed to be worn?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is someone going to open the GDT back up for March Madness?

Getting psyched.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kiimo posted:

Is someone going to open the GDT back up for March Madness?

Getting psyched.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814484

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

wicka posted:

Is it wrong that I'd genuinely be pleased with Bennett solely because he knows how suits are supposed to be worn?

Pleated pants on a coach should be an automatic $10,000 fine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh Georgetown actually fired John Thompson III, which is surprising only because of his last name.

That ought to be a really good job, but I have no clue who they go after unless John Thompson IV is ready to go.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Patrick Ewing.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Imagine Georgetown would be turned off by Ewing's desire to get an NBA coaching job

e: Porterwatch update

https://twitter.com/coachporter8/status/845041143188340736

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 23, 2017

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

tom crean 2 georgetown

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lmao Pat Kelsey dipped on UMASS right before his introduction to stay at Winthrop.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

michael porter 2 memphis

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/dave_matter/status/845055396867923968

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

Imagine Georgetown would be turned off by Ewing's desire to get an NBA coaching job

e: Porterwatch update

https://twitter.com/coachporter8/status/845041143188340736

Also probably turned off by him being an awful coach

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

an adult beverage posted:

gently caress Butler and UNC b1tch

Well gently caress you AND your couch!

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
I've now twice seen the claim made that Michigan was the most efficient offense this season. What metric is this based on?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Milovan Drecun posted:

I've now twice seen the claim made that Michigan was the most efficient offense this season. What metric is this based on?

They were fourth by Kenpom's adjusted O, which isn't first but is pretty good. I guess there's probably some metric out there that has them first?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Milovan Drecun posted:

Ever hear about this little thing called the eye test

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Grittybeard posted:

They were fourth by Kenpom's adjusted O, which isn't first but is pretty good. I guess there's probably some metric out there that has them first?

The way it was said implies they top some category, somewhere. I just can't figure out which one!

Metapod posted:

Ever hear about this little thing called the eye test

I laughed really hard

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jordan matthews with an elite-NBA caliber mean mug

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

UMass hired Winthrop's coach, that's a good get especially if he can build a staff that knows the Northeast.

And he just decided to go back to Winthrop half an hour before his introductory press conference.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Mike_V posted:

lmao Pat Kelsey dipped on UMASS right before his introduction to stay at Winthrop.

Pulled a Chris Beard that one did

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If Florida doesn't win it all, I sure hope Xavier does because that would rule.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

TBeats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N1aDaeeyX4

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

TBeats posted:

What's the smallest school to make the Final Four in recent history? Xavier's undergraduate enrollment is listed at just over 2k students.

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.

tadashi posted:

What's the smallest school to make the Final Four in recent history? Xavier's undergraduate enrollment is listed at just over 2k students.

Butler is only 4,500.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

TBeats posted:

I hate you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Milovan Drecun posted:

Oklahoma State was #1

• Locked thread