Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Their social media is making it seem like i just missed the cut off but they're saying the info in my profile is indicating i didn't.

Can't wait to get an email saying there was some mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Big Jim fan here,

hosed up I don't have a copy of Thaw tho. hosed up

There's a good handful of copies of Thaw on eBay, last time I checked.

Also, how much did you loving pay for that copy of Sleep Has Has House? I stay pissed over the price of Current 93 records.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

MNSNTZR posted:

There's a good handful of copies of Thaw on eBay, last time I checked.

Also, how much did you loving pay for that copy of Sleep Has Has House? I stay pissed over the price of Current 93 records.

Grabbed it on discogs in November 2015 for 39 USD, I had a Tex Avery wolf awooga moment when I saw that price

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

revmoo posted:

It's either sold out or those referral links ain't workin

The Gorillaz record is sold out now. The referral links are weird, they don't seem to work but you get an email later saying you have ten bux on your account. I forgot they only apply to future purchases.

SeXReX posted:

Their social media is making it seem like i just missed the cut off but they're saying the info in my profile is indicating i didn't.

Can't wait to get an email saying there was some mistake.

Sign into your account and it should say what record you are getting next.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Got some beep boop music in the mail today.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Official RSD list is up.

I wasn't going to buy any Prince death cash-ins but then they put Partyman and Batdance on there so welp.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ahhh cool they put the Konami jingle on the beginning of the record. That's really good.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Stan Taylor posted:

Thanks goons. Its kinda hard to keep up with all the various labels pushing out soundtracks lately but Carpenter is my favorite and The Thing in particular is my most favorite. I had no idea they were even pressing it. I'll keep an eye out.

The Thing OST was composed by Ennio Morricone. :goonsay:

sporklift posted:

You might hold off and see if it gets a wider release unless you really want the translucent red wax. I joined up to get Odelay and it was released as a plain black vinyl everywhere else for about $10 cheaper. You have until April 15th to pull the trigger on it.

I ripped all of my cds to the computer and now they live in shoeboxes in the basement. Cant bring myself to get rid of my physical copies though.

I paid about 40 bucks for the Odelay reissue from Bongload Records and then a couple months later Geffin did their own reissue that costs half of that.

Peas and Rice posted:

Official RSD list is up.

I wasn't going to buy any Prince death cash-ins but then they put Partyman and Batdance on there so welp.

I thought the same thing, then I remembered I could just buy a used copy of the Batman soundtrack for half of what one of those singles will probably retail for.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Im just sad that here in Minneapolis of all places I know evey copy of Prince they get is walking out of the door in the arms of the army of flippers that line up at the electric fetus.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
few things from bandcamp and few things from a swap

Sporting Life - Slam Dunk
Jane - Lady
Talaboman - The Night Land
Howe Gelb - Sno' Angel Like You + Sno' Angel Winging It
Amon Düül II - Lemmingmania
Amenra + Raketkanon split 10"

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
nice nice nice nice nice

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Im just sad that here in Minneapolis of all places I know evey copy of Prince they get is walking out of the door in the arms of the army of flippers that line up at the electric fetus.

Last year I really wanted these Japanese Garage Psych comps that were put out on RSD and each was pressed in quantities of 1500 or something like that. They were sold out everywhere and people were selling them on ebay for 60 bucks or more per record. I waited a few months and every copy I saw online was at retail price. You'll get your Prince records. In my experience, very few of these releases maintain their value for long.

Oh and for what it's worth the Batman soundtrack is getting the same reissue treatment as all his other stuff has been getting lately. You can already pre-order it: http://www.soundstagedirect.com/prince-batman-soundtrack-vinyl-records.shtml

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 22, 2017

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Ehhhh the only thing I really care about on that list is Sunny Day Real Estate. Probably not worth waking up that early to go.

Also :laffo: at the official website having watermarks over the thumbnails of each release saying "support indie record stores not flippers"

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Schremp Howard posted:

Ehhhh the only thing I really care about on that list is Sunny Day Real Estate. Probably not worth waking up that early to go.

Also :laffo: at the official website having watermarks over the thumbnails of each release saying "support indie record stores not flippers"

It's like the whole day is geared towards flipping. gently caress record store day. (I'm just sore I didn't get the Mr. Hankey record.) I do love seeing the garbage that no one buys sitting around for the rest of the year.

edit:

Oh poo poo. Marcy Playground. I take it all back.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 22, 2017

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I talked to the owner of an "indie record store!!!!!" that had been around for a long time and he told me that he refuses to participate in RSD because for decades the record labels basically told them to gently caress off in regards to everything but then when the cool kids started playing with records again all of a sudden they wanted to embrace all these guys who they turned their back on for ages.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Skeezy posted:

Got some beep boop music in the mail today.

I'm so weak. I want this. where?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

dorium posted:

I'm so weak. I want this. where?

https://www.shiptoshoremedia.com/store/albums/snatcher

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

sporklift posted:

The Gorillaz record is sold out now. The referral links are weird, they don't seem to work but you get an email later saying you have ten bux on your account. I forgot they only apply to future purchases.

Protip to anyone buying a month-to-month VMP account to get this specific record: don't drag rear end on the subject of canceling your membership. I signed up in January to get the half-speed Person Pitch (worth it, although I still have my old copy on Paw Tracks) and stuck around the next month for the Main Source reissue (also worth it), but then I got stuck with a copy of the new Tennis album (feh) because I thought I had more time to cancel. Month to month subscriptions are also not eligible for swaps.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Peas and Rice posted:

Official RSD list is up.

I got the Blade Runner soundtrack on red vinyl, so I'll have to buy the picture disc. Duh!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I want the Aqua 7 inch

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Finally found a great looking copy of Talking Heads - Naked. Had the original unipak and everything. Not their best album, but still very solid and fun.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ergh, I waited too long on Demon Days. The original April 15 deadline had me fooled, I should have guessed they'd get overwhelmed by demand. The discogs scalpers have nothing to fear, it seems.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

dorium posted:

Finally found a great looking copy of Talking Heads - Naked. Had the original unipak and everything. Not their best album, but still very solid and fun.

I got a copy with two side B labels. didn't notice when I first played it. :downs: It really is a fun album.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Peas and Rice posted:

Official RSD list is up.

Just a reminder to everyone:

Look up how much Bangerz sells for on Discogs.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I thought I'd be more annoyed about missing Demon Days but eh I'll get the new record instead. I'm hoping my local store is going to stock Boxed In's RSD release.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

MNSNTZR posted:

Just a reminder to everyone:

Look up how much Bangerz sells for on Discogs.

What the gently caress.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Peas and Rice posted:

What the gently caress.

For a picture disc!!!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Peas and Rice posted:

What the gently caress.

It's a loving great album that was overlooked by most.

vvv Sorry, I meant most music nerds who now slobber over stuff like it now. vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 23, 2017

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Glazier posted:

It sold like 3 million copies

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Glazier posted:

Oh I plan to buy one on RSD, but I'm a little surprised at the only pressing was some picture disc that's apparently super rare.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

new Gorillaz album was up for pre-order. this was their Super Deluxe Edition

You can still get it here: http://usstore.gorillaz.com/

the Deluxe is a happy middle ground. From the description it also sounds like they took some cues from the Moon Shaped Pool deluxe edition. Should be quite the item.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

That deluxe with the art book is already sold out.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I threw my copy of the Red Dead Redemption record up on Discogs. It has a small dent in the outer sleeve but I still put up for $250 because someone will probably jump on it eventually.

Yes I understand I'm part of the problem with record collectors, but I just know I'll blow all that cash on other records anyways in this endless death spiral.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Geoff Zahn posted:

I threw my copy of the Red Dead Redemption record up on Discogs. It has a small dent in the outer sleeve but I still put up for $250 because someone will probably jump on it eventually.

Yes I understand I'm part of the problem with record collectors, but I just know I'll blow all that cash on other records anyways in this endless death spiral.

so you're the guy.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

dorium posted:

so you're the guy.

Who cares. It's Robinhood but with (((vinyls)))

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

A personal grail.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

revmoo posted:

Who cares. It's Robinhood but with (((vinyls)))

Why did you put the word vinyls in those brackets?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Geoff Zahn posted:

This came up in my Discogs alerts and I seriously considered buying it.

A human heart posted:

Why did you put the word vinyls in those brackets?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Had a chance to visit my favorite local record store today, found some fun stuff in the $2 bins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

New Sparks is up for pre-order! First 1,000 orders get a free 7". Signed lyrics sheets, too. https://sparks.tmstor.es/