Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

okay first, how dare you

1) drink American and support America you loving poo poo

2) Whiskey/Whisky/Bourbon are to be drunk out of a mug, not a loving snifter twizzle fwap or whatever haute glassware like that is called

wtf

1) drink whatever you like best

2) drink it out of whatever you like best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Epic High Five posted:

okay first, how dare you

1) drink American and support America you loving poo poo

2) Whiskey/Whisky/Bourbon are to be drunk out of a mug, not a loving snifter twizzle fwap or whatever haute glassware like that is called

i didn't say boehner and i drink together; i just said he drinks

loving your strong beliefs on american spirits though :discourse:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I hope trump ruins more deals for the GOP before he gets impeached

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a real chump posted:

imo the republicans could so easily not vote, blame the democrats and continue wailing about obamacare and face absolutely no consequences.

The Dems have been totally silent on this, and smartly so. Nobody expects them to go along with it and thus every calculation and report has been "X Republican Representative is a no because"

Plus they are going to have trouble with that considering that to all but their smoothbrain base it's a lovely excuse with an easy retort. "Well, you control all 3 branches of government and most statehouses, are you saying you're fundamentally unable to govern without Dem help?"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

dr carson has literally saved 100s of children with his own hands

Yeah Ben Carson is a goddamn dummy when it comes to Housing and Urban Development but he was also a brain surgeon who did a whole lot of good.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

a real chump posted:

imo the republicans could so easily not vote, blame the democrats and continue wailing about obamacare and face absolutely no consequences.

I dunno, people seem to attribute more power to the Presidency than it actually has, and Trump didn't clown the GOP establishment during the primaries because Republican voters were so pleased with politics-as-usual. I think they really will eat a fair amount of poo poo from their base if they don't follow through on some of their rhetoric here (and will also eat a substantial amount of poo poo if they do, at least on healthcare). I don't think the general population will care at all that they didn't follow through on their promise to repeal the ACA, but they do want some sort of positive change, genuinely dislike both political parties, and have been very pro-"throw the bums out!" for the last few election cycles, so now that Republicans are seen as being in charge (i.e. control the Presidency) I don't think they'll be able to make obvious ineptitude work to their political advantage as they have in the past.

Mind you the Democrats still need to figure out that you can't beat something with nothing to properly take advantage of this.

LGD fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 24, 2017

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

eonwe posted:

ya but he still murdered someone tho

cars and highways have killed many many americans

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Quisling posted:

they made a sequel to trainspotting and I'm kind of curious

If you liked Trainspotting then you should definitely watch it.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

By this time tomorrow, the mattering will have occured.

Myself, Squizzle, Baloogan and several other posters itt will ascend to the next dimension of posthallah where we will post and drink forever.

Inshallah

This is the most cspam post I've seen and trust me there's a lot of fart huffing night crew posters :rolleye:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Baloogan posted:

wtf

i snob out about whiskey but when it comes down to it i admit that the only real rule is if you like what you're drinking you're doing it right

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/CraigCaplan/status/845060934611677184
rule vote tonight to set up for bill vote tomorrow

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

wtf

although, this laissez faire attitude i do find patriotic, and highly american :patriot:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy lol this low energy pissbaby retard president is gonna get his second biggest talking point shut down and totally give up just over two months in

incredible

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
hold the vote today you loving pussos

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
it's not too late for trump to accept sanctuary in saudi arabia i suppose

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

triple sulk posted:

lol trump is gonna get loving embarrassed and obamacare will live on

incredible

I really don't think any of us should be surprised.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Rock My Socks! posted:

Glenfiddish glasses are perfectly acceptable for whisky you scrub

I dunno, they seem kinda on the small side.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

My Linux Rig posted:

lol there was a surprising amount of immigrants who voted for trump thinking they wouldn't be the ones deported

They knew he was a snake when they took him in. :colbert:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://gifsound.com/?gif=https://media.giphy.com/media/1ube10l4xArN6/giphy.gif&v=siuWZxDMGnk&s=1

This is all the effort this deserves.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gyra_Solune posted:

we're getting a civil war aren't we

that would require trump supporters to actually get off their asses, so no

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

dr carson has literally saved 100s of children with his own hands

And he's about to kill thousands of vets and other people by turfing them out for the sake of cutting budgets lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mad.radhu posted:

What are the odds that an actual fix for obamacare gets voted on and put on his desk and he vetoes it out of spite

Unless, the democrats win bigly in 2018 and take both the House and Senate, 0%

The kind of poo poo we are seeing right now is the republican best effort at this poo poo. They don't want to meaningfully fix the ACA, since it would require them to force the states that didn't expand medicaid to do it.

Also, regulate drug prices and things like that, but again, lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:wth:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUQXTv7BYAU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Squizzle posted:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/nature/how-a-worm-gave-the-south-a-bad-name/

decent quick read, turns out it was hookworms, and they helped give us the southern stereotype of indolent smoothbrains

quote:

Word of Stiles and his discovery, however, soon reached John D. Rockefeller, who was actively looking for a certain type of philanthropy project. Hookworms fit the bill. “Rockefeller didn’t want to put money into things that would bring the American capital system into question, like income inequality,” Ettling says. “Health, on the other hand, is not controversial: no one wants their kids growing up sick.”
Someone should check to see if Congress has a hookworm infestation.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

The Dems have been totally silent on this, and smartly so. Nobody expects them to go along with it and thus every calculation and report has been "X Republican Representative is a no because"

Plus they are going to have trouble with that considering that to all but their smoothbrain base it's a lovely excuse with an easy retort. "Well, you control all 3 branches of government and most statehouses, are you saying you're fundamentally unable to govern without Dem help?"

Just saw some Republican house guy on Chris Matthews saying this needs to be a bi-partisan efforts and the democrats really should come to the table lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So, Muslims can still come into the country and a lovely healthcare plan won't get repealed. What else did Trump run on that he will get told to gently caress off over?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
rye whiskey is the only truly american spirit and it rules

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

calls to condemn are such bullshit tactics

hello plz be the bigger person and publicise our hate group while making yrself look yr worst in a way we deffo will try to use against you later

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

a real chump posted:

it's so dumb it'd probably work

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Gyra_Solune posted:

we're getting a civil war aren't we

Martial Law will be called before civil war breaks out.
All hail General Mad Dog

edit: i can't spell martial because I'm retarded

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Yinlock posted:

that would require trump supporters to actually get off their asses, so no

some of them have gotten off their asses already to kill minorities and deface synagogues. we're getting there,

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Les Claypool said it once, and I'll say it again

What a couple-a dumbshits

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

i'm rumplestiltskin's surprisingly modern flask he's drinking from in this episode

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

wtf

You've been tainted by the frozen lands of the north I'm afraid, where whiskey is just whatever swill they cook up with seal brains or whatever mixed 1:4 with neutral grain spirits

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

GobiasIndustries posted:

So, Muslims can still come into the country and a lovely healthcare plan won't get repealed. What else did Trump run on that he will get told to gently caress off over?

Mexico isn't paying for the wall.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

some of them have gotten off their asses already to kill minorities and deface synagogues. we're getting there,

yeah but i seriously doubt they'd be willing to face any situation where they didn't have an overwhelming advantage

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

triple sulk posted:

holy lol this low energy pissbaby retard president is gonna get his second biggest talking point shut down and totally give up just over two months in

incredible

i should have stuck with my early 2016 prediction that the populist candidate was going to be ineffectual as gently caress

wonder if a bernie presidency would have been just as ineffectual

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Solarin posted:

Just saw some Republican house guy on Chris Matthews saying this needs to be a bi-partisan efforts and the democrats really should come to the table lol

It says something that even seriously stupid and craven Dems aren't touching this with a million foot pole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

oh, soggy

and let's not forget this guy

Ed Balls nemesis appears

• Locked thread