Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Spoeank posted:

Andrew Luck is really good but he makes a lot of bad decisions because he's never seen a 50/50 ball he doesn't want to throw

Kalli posted:

The worst case scenario for Luck is he's Brett Favre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Metapod posted:

Carr is being carried by Cooper and Crabtree and plays with a Alex Smith mentality despite having a rocket

Those two were among the league leaders in dropped balls and Carr is as funslinger as it gets.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Chris James 2 posted:

Luck's the best QB currently in the league who will never get a ring

Phillip Rivers still exists

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How many life threatening injuries has luck already sustained?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

Would you trade Rivers for Luck?

Without a second thought, yes

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Carr is good, I hope he gets his 2nd career win against KC someday

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite Carr funslinging thing was against the Packers I think two years ago. At the line of scrimmage he called an audible because he saw Cooper had a one on one, so he said gently caress it and had Cooper run a fly route. Completed for a big gain. Everyone hustled back to the line, and the defense must've gave him the same look, because he called the exact same audible and hit Cooper deep again for a TD. Like 70 yards in two plays. It was hilarious. Dude has never seen a one on one matchup he didn't like.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

100% because of age tho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

100% because of age tho

Well yeah

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Those two were among the league leaders in dropped balls and Carr is as funslinger as it gets.

Well yeah they drop a lot because he throws it 5 yards in front of him full strength

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The best QB who will never get a ring is Matt Ryan

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Luck's the best QB currently in the league who will never get a ring

Sure it's not still Phil?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Carr is good, I hope he gets his 2nd career win against KC someday

Seeing as how the Chiefs window is closing rapidly I don't think it's an issue

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Oakland's OL is, at worst, top 5 in the league.

Derek Carr's left tackle gave up one sack on the entire season and Carr broke his leg on it.

You do not want to imagine Derek Carr playing behind Indy's offensive line. Or hell, Oakland's OL minus a Donald Penn and plus one Ereck Flowers.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

Seeing as how the Chiefs window is closing rapidly I don't think it's an issue

Yeah man what will the chiefs do when Tamba Hali retires. That window. Phew.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Iodised QQ posted:

Derek Carr's left tackle gave up one sack on the entire season and Carr broke his leg on it.

You do not want to imagine Derek Carr playing behind Indy's offensive line. Or hell, Oakland's OL minus a Donald Penn and plus one Ereck Flowers.

Watching a real good QB behind a poo poo line is sad

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Watching a real good QB behind a poo poo line is sad

Watching a mediocre one behind a mediocre line is also sad

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Iodised QQ posted:

The o-line being good is a new development. It was built mostly in free agency over the last two years. It was a trash fire when he got there as a rookie. Carr is a proven magician at getting rid of the ball and buying time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

What did Luck do to deserve the Chargers? t:mad:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

What did Luck do to deserve the Chargers? t:mad:

Underachieving QB for an underachieving team

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

Underachieving QB for an underachieving team

Luck is too cool for the Chargers, like one Elijah Manning.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

Luck is too cool for the Chargers, like one Elijah Manning.

That's Elisha to you.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Grittybeard posted:

That's Elisha to you.

Didn't Intruder ban a bunch of people for using this before seeing that's actually Eli's first name?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Didn't Intruder ban a bunch of people for using this before seeing that's actually Eli's first name?

It was a probie for 1 guy

Edit:. I mean I heard he's 8 feet tall and ripped his head clear off

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I can't decide if that's my favorite rivals probation or the time MV probated someone (might have been Intruder actually) for talking about Demarcus Faggins.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I can't decide if that's my favorite rivals probation or the time MV probated someone (might have been Intruder actually) for talking about Demarcus Faggins.

MV banned a guy once for making a CFL thread before realizing that he was serious.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

MV banned a guy once for making a CFL thread before realizing that he was serious.

Lol

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

a neat cape posted:

I was about to disagree, then I remembered Wilson and Cousins.

Has the shine worn off of Andrew Luck yet?

I can't overstate how bad the Colts are, and how bad their personnel decisions have been. They're less talented than Jacksonville, pound for pound. Luck might make some questionable plays and he's not as good as he looked initially, but he's easily an above-average QB. So is Tannehill. I'll grant that Cam is better than Luck, but until we see a another good season out of Winston or Mariota, I think you can dial back the talk of them being better than Luck.

I don't see how you can seriously make the Raiders <-> Colts comparison--the Raiders are significantly more talented outside the QB position, and have one of the league's best Olines--and probably *the* best at pass protection.

Aside from Wilson and Cousins, I really think it's worth considering RG3 as well--he was absolutely ruined by Washington. Hell, even Osweiler, Foles, and Keenum were good enough to get second and third contracts. The main reason 2012's class hasn't looked ridiculously good ring-wise is because the previous HoF bunch (Brady, Manning x2, Roflberger, Brees) were/are still around.

E: Actually this got me thinking about what a tier-ing of NFL teams by talent level would look like. Not like a power ranking per se, because you'd also have to include depth and it's possible for a less-talented team to be better if it has good people at the right positions, etc

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 24, 2017

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

I wonder if there's another team that's talked up as having a possibly great quarterback that needs a better supporting cast and defense. I wonder if he plays in blue and has a mustache 🤔

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

E: Actually this got me thinking about what a tier-ing of NFL teams by talent level would look like

this sounds like a really good and unique idea! Give it a shot goon, I'll read and enjoy it!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Phobeste posted:

I wonder if there's another team that's talked up as having a possibly great quarterback that needs a better supporting cast and defense. I wonder if he plays in blue and has a mustache 🤔

I don't think anyone is thinking paxton lynch is going to be great so no

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Metapod posted:

I don't think anyone is thinking paxton lynch is going to be great so no

No the guy I'm thinking of took a saying wishing him success in public performance too literally

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Phobeste posted:

No the guy I'm thinking of took a saying wishing him success in public performance too literally

nah teddy was never going to be great

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This has to be relevant somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anFSUQd96iA

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

TheChirurgeon posted:

I really think it's worth considering RG3 as well--he was absolutely ruined by Washington.

huh, this bad narrative still exists

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

whypick1 posted:

No

Grittybeard posted:

It was Kirios

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Now that the San Diego Union Tribune has scaled back on their Chargers coverage and their beat writer quit, I have no idea who to follow for Chargers coverage anymore :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is bolts from the blue any good

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

whypick1 posted:

Nah, that was MV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Was someone talking about Kevin Kolb?

• Locked thread