Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Alright, 5 tickets on the PC banner:

Chizuru
Kain
Medius
Luna
Zidane (#6).

I guess I'll quit while I'm ahead again.

Edit: I also have 8 Ludmilles. Life is good when it comes to Dual-abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Congratulations! You've caught up to me in Zidanes! Now try to catch up in Sheras (7 so far...)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kheldarn posted:

Congratulations! You've caught up to me in Zidanes! Now try to catch up in Sheras (7 so far...)

I've had 9 Sheras.

That was also my 9th Chizuru. I have 4 of her TM, all ground up from 0-100% because each time I pulled one I thought "this will be the last one!"

Bedile Count: 19

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Still no Y'shtola and I only have like 500k points. This event is less fun than I thought it would be.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You win. I don't even keep track of Bediles, since I sell him as soon as he shows up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Trickier than you'd think, because you still absolutely have to seal holy, because Excalibur cannot be dodged. Let's see.

Lightning:
Passive: 30
Kiyomori/Excalibur: 10 + holy seal
Ring of the Lucii: 25
Safety Bit: Death Immunity
Discernment: Status Immunity (gotta block Paralyze)
3 Shines: 30

95% dodge is not enough, I know this from experience. Even if we get the Genji Shield soon, it comes out to 95% as well, because you need to drop a Shine for Equip H Shield. Now, anyone out there with a Draculasswell can get around this with their friggin Vampire Cloak. (Man I really, really want that TM, more than any other)

With the Genji shield it's definitely possible for Noctis to have 100% evasion and solo Gilgamesh, even if Lightning can't pull it off. But yeah Draculasswell's TM makes so many things possible that might not otherwise be.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

You win. I don't even keep track of Bediles, since I sell him as soon as he shows up.

You'll never get into the "21-Bedile Club" with that attitude.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
Also added my info to the spreadsheet. I don't post too often since I've stopped being helpfully knowledgeable about the game, but I'm still following the thread often enough.

So are there any good baseline value goals for damage, durability, or sustain for the Gilgamesh Trial? I've gotten to about 60% Hp with NinjaDebugger's Lightning, but I'm hoping I can do a full clear before he switches builds and of course am running out of time for that.

My core team is Y'shtola, Greg (Excal/Chirij), Noctis, and I'm debating between Cecil (w/DC materia) or Exdeath (depending on Esper, adds a lot better elemental coverage). I think either way I can cover all the elements well enough, but I don't know if I'm lacking somewhere numerically to endure past the final threshold to let that glorious 100% Evade Lightning carry me to victory.

ShinyDais fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 24, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
You could throw golem staff on Greg and give Noctis a trident and chiri and have all your bases covered. Definitely bring DC Cecil. It's an endurance fight more than anything.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Go RV! posted:

It's been about four months since we refreshed the Goonsheet, so Pre-Orlandu is a pretty good time to weed out the inactives.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit

Please re-add yourself to the Goonsheet if you're still playing!

Note: Please don't just copy/paste from the archive, readd yourself fresh.

Pardon my self-quote but I'm just gonna pop this over to the new page

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

You'll never get into the "21-Bedile Club" with that attitude.

I... I didn't know that was an option... :negative:

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

ShinyDais posted:

My core team is Y'shtola, Greg (Excal/Chirij), Noctis, and I'm debating between Cecil (w/DC materia) or Exdeath (depending on Esper, adds a lot better elemental coverage). I think either way I can cover all the elements well enough, but I don't know if I'm lacking somewhere numerically to endure past the final threshold to let that glorious 100% Evade Lightning carry me to victory.

Seonding DC Cecil. Exdeath is far too squishy to have much of an impact on the fight unless you pump him full of +HP materia, physical attacks are way more important than magic (for sealing) and an off healer is super useful.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Thanks to Dana I'm now the proud owner of Bushido Freedom and the 30% ATK materia. Would have gotten the moogle but I Limit Burst a turn early.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

With the Genji shield it's definitely possible for Noctis to have 100% evasion and solo Gilgamesh, even if Lightning can't pull it off. But yeah Draculasswell's TM makes so many things possible that might not otherwise be.

Noctis, however, cannot hit 150% fire resist. He can't wear Flame Mail (Heavy Armor). Same problem as Lightning and H Shields.

That said, aside from that:
Passive (20)
Ring/Die (45)
4 Shines (40)

IF you had two rings, you could do it. You could then drop a Shine for Equip H Armor. Two rings would do it for Lightning, too, that last 5% is the doozy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm coming for all of you tomorrow...

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
The one true Thunder God.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm coming for all of you tomorrow...

That's bad mojo bruh.

4.5 hours until we meet our maker.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Is there any trick to beating Subject No. 8 in story mode? I'm the high 30's and easily rolled through all the previous content but this guy is easily wiping my party.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Me going to bed tonight after I blow all my lapis and tickets.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
Whoo, Gilgamesh Trial cleared! Messed up the LB finish, but got all the other requirements just fine. That was some darn good evade cheese, NinjaDebugger, I appreciate it a lot! And folks are right, I was crazy to discount DC Cecil. I messed up elemental control a bit, if I'd shuffled espers around and paid better attention my whole party probably could've gotten through but I'm just glad to have the bulk of the sweet loot.

Good luck to everyone pulling for Cid tomorrow, I'm just looking forward to finishing this Thundaga Blade TM myself. 85% and counting!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So in the off chance that I manage to get an Orlandu, what's the best setup for him? Is it just Dual Wield Exacliburs?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Excalibur+Genji Blade, Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, 2x Shine TM I'd assume.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Nuebot posted:

So in the off chance that I manage to get an Orlandu, what's the best setup for him? Is it just Dual Wield Exacliburs?

I usually see one Excalibur and one sword on JP, since he gets bonuses for both weapons natively (I think? I know he does after enhancements, as well as katanas) and swords let you put on Leon's TM and get that fat 50% bonus along with heavy armor. Other than that it's pretty standard buff your attack, have a source of dual wield. You want him chaining holy damage with someone (usually himself) so having a weapon source of holy, the skill's holy weak effect, and the sick nasty combo/element chain bonuses all work together to pump out massive damage.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Have people mathd out who chains we with who because I get the feeling Yun must have some good partners

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yun really likes Yun.
Also he seems to hate Gilgamesh, I can't get him to work with TriAttack at all.

Anyway, the time is upon us in less than 30 minutes. I wish you all good luck, and may RNGesus smile upon you with 5 stars.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Good luck y'all.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Godspeed Goons.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Used my lapis on a single 11 pull and I got Luneth #2

Im happy, but also... What could have been...

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
5 tickets in and I got both Bediled and Queen'd.

Shoot me.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Huh, I thought we were getting 6* Agrias?

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
Well, was all set to start burning my 77 tickets and then my daily went orange->rainbow->Orlandeau so I guess they're getting saved for Tidus or whoever.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

WHAT THE gently caress A:ILEFJPAOQIWUFQPIAODJWAQ:ILDJAQ@:OIRuq2p8

1 daily + 13 tickets... I'm still loving stunned.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 24, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Apparently being both Bediled and Queen'd was a blessing, as 10 tickets later out popped Thunder God :toot:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I hope they didn't nerf orlandu in any way

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got soleil for my daily lawrence with my one ifrit ticket :smith:

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011
Pulled Orlandeau out of my first 11 pull 067 735 424 if anyone needs him for the event I have plenty of spots open it'll be a day or two before I get him leveled though.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Grats to the Orlandeau Wave!

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Have people mathd out who chains we with who because I get the feeling Yun must have some good partners

Yun really only chains with Yun. His attack hits too fast to chain with anyone else. If one units attack hits twice in a row it breaks the chain and Yun's attack have like a 3 frame delay between each hit. Most of the chain skills like chainsaw have around a 7 frame delay between each hit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5dbam6/jp_multihit_chain_referencehit_data/
If you want to see what the average frames between hits are. Granted these are JP characters so it doesn't show Yun in there or any global exclusives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Just drowning in Ovelia and Soleil. No old mans though.

• Locked thread