Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Derozan dad dicking all over this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Watching the Heat broadcast. The best part of Eric Reid giving a stat every 6 seconds is that 1/3 of them are wrong

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
lmao at James Johnson shooting from behind the backboard

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

BWV posted:

Watching the Heat broadcast. The best part of Eric Reid giving a stat every 6 seconds is that 1/3 of them are wrong

Yeah it's like some surrealist nightmare

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jakob poeltl is the black Tim Duncan

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Miami will never hit .500 :negative:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Raptors are actually running a few nice plays. Tricking Whiteside to shade left on a pick so Wright has the lane on the right is pretty high level stuff for Casey.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
How are the Suns losing by nearly 30 to the Nets?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kibner posted:

How are the Suns losing by nearly 30 to the Nets?

Uh, have you seen their roster? It's really bad after they shut down Bledsoe, Knight, and Chandler.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

Derozan dad dicking all over this game.

Update: still doing it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

Uh, have you seen their roster? It's really bad after they shut down Bledsoe, Knight, and Chandler.

The Nets.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kibner posted:

The Nets.

Brook Lopez and Jeremy Lin are starter quality players. The only questionable on the Suns is Booker and his biggest weakness is defense.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

Brook Lopez and Jeremy Lin are starter quality players. The only questionable on the Suns is Booker and his biggest weakness is defense.

They are still the Nets and they are still up 30.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

lol at Eric Reid determining immediately that Whiteside has a sprained ankle

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Low energy like Jeb Bush

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

The suns were winning 20-5 to start that game and now they are down 30

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

That was a pretty solid win from the Raps. Heat came out swinging but they pulled their poo poo together. It was helpful that the Heat started missing all their 3s but the Raps were good and the Wright really played well

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Blake Griffin just tried to start an NBA fight (walk around and yell but not actually do anything) after JJ Barea set too hard a screen on him, lol.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Barea got ejected. One of the weakest, if not the weakest, ejections I've ever seen.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BWV posted:

That was a pretty solid win from the Raps. Heat came out swinging but they pulled their poo poo together. It was helpful that the Heat started missing all their 3s but the Raps were good and the Wright really played well

The combo of Jakob and Delon were pretty fantastic together. Like they played in college or something

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Barea got ejected. One of the weakest, if not the weakest, ejections I've ever seen.

Lol yeah sure https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/845095493055070208

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It was a good flop by Griffin, you can't convince me a tiny man could shove over that guy with that amount of ease.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Dragic really deserves to get hit in the face more often

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Spacebump posted:

It was a good flop by Griffin, you can't convince me a tiny man could shove over that guy with that amount of ease.

Tall people are clumsy and have high centers of gravity!!!!!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mavs Clippers was a fun game. It was nice to see Carlisle finally go with what I think will be next year's starting 5.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
i hate watching the knicks

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
So today, the Raptors won the game with a total of 10 assists and 17 turnovers. This leads to a few funny numbers questions.

1) What's the lowest assist total a team has had this year while still winning? There's actually only been one other game this year where the winning team scored 10 or less assists. The Bulls beat Utah back in November with 8 assists.

2) People talk all the time about point guards AST/TO per game ratio. What about team AST/TO for this season?

I couldn't find that on BBREF so I made a quick chart.

I guess I probably shoulda cut off some digits but w/e.

Raw assist numbers: Toronto comes in last with 18.3 a game. This is one APG behind second last ranked Pheonix Suns. Meanwhile, GSW averages an insane 30.3 assists a game, 5 over the second ranked Rockets.

Assist/TO: Raptors are bad, but not dead last. If it's any consolation, the Suns and the Nets are kinda in a league of there on this one. Goddamn. No one thinks of Hornets as being in the Warriors league, but they're the only team sniffing their top ranked ratio.

Of the teams in the bottom 8, only three are good: The Raptors, Jazz, and Thunder (sorry Atlanta fans). What I find slightly interesting is that they all accomplish having bad AST/TO in different ways. For the Thunder, that's the Westbrook effect. They play crazy wild basketball. He averages tons of assists (and tons of TO's), but I suspect that if you looked at the numbers of assists for teams minus their starting point guards the Thunder would be last by far. Meanwhile the Jazz play vintage slow basketball and let Hayward and Hill split the ball handling, with neither really being assist machines.Toronto plays much closer to the pace of OKC than the Jazz, but we don't have a crazy ball dominant point guard surrounded by turnover machines. So what are we doing? Well, you know my spiel by now and I can't quite find the Iso% numbers to back it up, but we're iso-ing a shitload through Derozan (and Lowry when he's around). Raptors draw an insane number of free throws, and that also skews assist numbers because assists that generate FT points aren't counted in traditional stats.

But seriously -- We're barely trailing the Rockets in FT's made so far this year (by 13, both played 71 games) but per /100 possessions the team leads the league in FT's made, beating the Rockets by a solid .8 .

Any ways, I'm pretty sure that teams that win by shooting FT's die in the playoffs, but Derozan was on fire tonight so he gets a pass from me.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hah this is the GDT! Post complete thoughts in the other thread I think

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Whoooooooops.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Spacebump posted:

Mavs Clippers was a fun game. It was nice to see Carlisle finally go with what I think will be next year's starting 5.

Yeah, it was a fun game to be at; the ovation Barea got leaving the floor was amazing.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Spacebump posted:

JJ is strong as poo poo for his size, but starting poo poo because a dude 14 inches shorter than you screened you too hard? That was the weakest poo poo I've seen in a long time.

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

???
Barea didn't set a screen. Blake and Deandre set screens, and Barea pushed Griffin out of frustration or something. No one was trying to start a fight, and they were talking to each other just a few seconds later.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

Suns game is uglyyyyyyy

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Jokic with 21/12/4... at the half

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
please destroy the pelicans

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That was the worst foul call I've ever seen in my life

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

They nearly topped it there actually Jesus loving christ

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Giannis is so goddamn unfair

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

that loving giannis dunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
another night of being roasted by solomon hill.

god bless jimmy harden.

• Locked thread