Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Just finished ending E, loved it. I really liked how they allowed you to make an actual (however minor it is in the big scheme of things) sacrifice in order to help others.

That is something that is really cool and unique to games as opposed to a passive medium like books or movies. It just gives you those warm fuzzies and the lead-up with the other players helping you and everything was just perfectly executed. I was moved by it and it's pretty fuckin cool that someone as old as me can be moved by a video game. I knew that a delete-your-save choice was coming and I fully expected to say no, but after that sequence I just went ahead and pulled the trigger. What a gem of a game. Now to play it again to get that last fuckin cheevo goddamit I shoulda done it first!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
So for ending Y I have to Let Emil self-destruct in the rematch, right? Only one I'm missing.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Early game sidequest question: For the rogue yorha retrieval, I can't seem to find them past the very first meeting on the roof when they get recalled. I've gone to both mission indicators multiplies times after doing other stuff, and they're never there. What gives?

try saving and reloading if you can't find them anywhere

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Early game sidequest question: For the rogue yorha retrieval, I can't seem to find them past the very first meeting on the roof when they get recalled. I've gone to both mission indicators multiplies times after doing other stuff, and they're never there. What gives?

"At this point some players have run into an issue where the YoRHa units have not reappeared on the map, making it so that they cannot track the rogue androids. Some users have advised that completing the quest The Forest Kingdom will cause the units to become marked on the map once more." maybe that helps ya?

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
9s is streaming

https://www.twitch.tv/kylemccarley

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Quick question: do the Charge Attack + chips help 9S in any way, since he doesn't have a normal heavy attack?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

a kitten posted:

Quick question: do the Charge Attack + chips help 9S in any way, since he doesn't have a normal heavy attack?

I think his normal attacks are treated as heavy attacks since even in the flight unit, tapping regular attack does a heavy attack.

EDIT: I just realized you can change pod and therefore change attack type during the flight unit segments!

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 24, 2017

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: I just realized you can change pod and therefore change attack type during the flight unit segments!

WHAT

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the lightning isn't that useful in the flight segments

never tried the missiles because I never liked them in the regular gameplay segments

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

This is amazing, because he puts his voice acting skills to work doing voices for non-voiced npcs as he reads their dialogue aloud.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So, Nier 1 question. Is it ever said anywhere in any of the supplementary material or whatever what ever happens to Kaine and Yonah after Nier?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Manatee Cannon posted:

the lightning isn't that useful in the flight segments

never tried the missiles because I never liked them in the regular gameplay segments

The missiles suck in gradius/ Gundam mode.

Take too long to lock on when I could use my bullets as eye lasers and sword everything to bits before even appearing on screen minus those helicopter blade dudes

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Like, Kyle McCarley is voicing the entire game in his stream. He's doing an impression of Pascal right now and doing his 9S voice to read 9S's text dialogue. It's great.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Yoko Taro apparently tweeted the following (a non-babelfish translation courtesy of Reddit) ""I'm constantly taken aback by Automata's speed as of late. It didn't even take 2-3 months and Automata is already about to achieve what took the previous Nier 7 years, from new goods development to various events. I am incredibly thankful to everyone who buys the game, but I sincerely hope you don't overdo it and keep things within reason.""

Yoko made a good-selling game and doesn't know how to handle it :kimchi:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Snak posted:

Like, Kyle McCarley is voicing the entire game in his stream. He's doing an impression of Pascal right now and doing his 9S voice to read 9S's text dialogue. It's great.

Did he voice Pascal too or he he just having fun.

Dammit I gotta,see this just not on mobile datas

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Snak posted:

Why am I at work? gently caress.

At least I know what I'm watching later.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Archenteron posted:

Yoko Taro apparently tweeted the following (a non-babelfish translation courtesy of Reddit) ""I'm constantly taken aback by Automata's speed as of late. It didn't even take 2-3 months and Automata is already about to achieve what took the previous Nier 7 years, from new goods development to various events. I am incredibly thankful to everyone who buys the game, but I sincerely hope you don't overdo it and keep things within reason.""

I like his method of promoting atlus games

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
He is doing voices for every character. Like he's reading all of the dialogue in the game and doing voices for everyone.

His Jean-Paul voice is amazing.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Archenteron posted:

to be fair automata kind of exploded. like i knew the game would sell better at launch but i didn't expect top of the steam charts style launch. neither did taro or square either, to be fair

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

to be fair automata kind of exploded. like i knew the game would sell better at launch but i didn't expect top of the steam charts style launch. neither did taro or square either, to be fair

I'm hoping this will fully convince SE to do more simultaneous PC launches with their new console titles. It's been great having all of the Final Fantasy titles I never got around to playing due to being a console-less pleb on Steam.

verbal enema posted:

Did he voice Pascal too or he he just having fun.

Dammit I gotta,see this just not on mobile datas

Pascal was voiced by Alexis Tipton, who mostly does Funimation dubs.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 24, 2017

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So, why is Emil refusing to move? I've changed his dialogue to the thief dialogue, but he still exclusively spawns outside the desert. I've walked out of the area and teleported, but he's always in the desert spawn.

Do I need to actually fight him at his house to get him to move? What am I missing here?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

become as pc gods

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rhonne posted:

So, Nier 1 question. Is it ever said anywhere in any of the supplementary material or whatever what ever happens to Kaine and Yonah after Nier?

Ending D is canon for the first game, and Grimoire Nier has a short story that takes place after it involving them.

Yonah still has the Black Scroll at the end though, so she dies regardless.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Space Flower posted:

become as pc gods

It helps that Automata doesn't have to compete with BOTW or Horizon on Steam, I'm guessing there were a lot of PC gamers waiting for this and ME:A.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Got my platinum trophy. Only bought 4 by the end. Replayed ending E. RIP my save file. I had to pay it forward. Even if it was late because I needed to suck all the content I could out of this.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone using that mod to fix the fullscreen bug on PC, what do I edit to not print all that status text at the top left?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god he read my comment out loud

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Snak posted:

Oh my god he read my comment out loud

Timestamp that poo poo bitxh

Also nice

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

Timestamp that poo poo bitxh

Also nice

I didn't think of that :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So weird thing I just noticed, end game spoilers When Eve goes crazy, something similar to the watcher's symbol appears over his heart.

EDIT: Also how do I backtrack Once I'm done with the factory as 2B? There was rubble blocking the way to the locked door, so I couldn't get it then but now I can't go back because the pod won't let me enter the factory and the only other option is to fight Eve

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 24, 2017

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Following my previous post: I have fought and defeated Emil. He is still not moving.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

So, why is Emil refusing to move? I've changed his dialogue to the thief dialogue, but he still exclusively spawns outside the desert. I've walked out of the area and teleported, but he's always in the desert spawn.

Do I need to actually fight him at his house to get him to move? What am I missing here?

Emil moving to his other routes has nothing to do with the stuff at his house. It seems to mostly be random. I tried at it for ages to no success, went and did other things, and then he moved on my first try the next attempt.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
This game owns so hard. Wandering Couple quest omg. gently caress the happy parade though. Clowns suck.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

This game owns so hard. Wandering Couple quest omg. gently caress the happy parade though. Clowns suck.

wait until the second playthrough and you can trivialize the parade

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

gently caress the happy parade though. Clowns suck.

Here, the wrongest opinion

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Regy Rusty posted:

Emil moving to his other routes has nothing to do with the stuff at his house. It seems to mostly be random. I tried at it for ages to no success, went and did other things, and then he moved on my first try the next attempt.

I got him to move. Apparently he just didn't want to leave the desert in the Tower chapter.

Now to get the weapon shop... E: Got it!

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 24, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: Also how do I backtrack Once I'm done with the factory as 2B? There was rubble blocking the way to the locked door, so I couldn't get it then but now I can't go back because the pod won't let me enter the factory and the only other option is to fight Eve

You will eventually unlock a Chapter Select option that lets you backtrack and complete whatever you want.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

wait until the second playthrough and you can trivialize the parade

That's when I tried to do it and ugh so much poo poo going on and too many things to kill.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Run ahead of the parade, hack the planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Dang I must have gotten lucky because any time I wanted the traveling merchant to be somewhere in specific, I'd just go there and he'd be there waiting, ready to make a sale.

On the other hand I do think my fishing was bugged out, because I couldn't catch poo poo, but now on new save it's like... instant.