Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

So basically:
1. Sorry women in red states, "maternity coverage" isn't essential.
2. A good addition (somehow), but subtract another $15 billion in "savings" from the next CBO score.
3. Subtract even more in "savings" from the next CBO score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
#thatsSoLucian

https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/845056602063491073

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I kind of think the threats are going to backfire with such an insanely unpopular bill that the changes might make significantly worse.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/845106333145874432

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

change my name posted:

Why didn't they just bust the tube in the first episode then

Zordon's a coward

yeah i had the same question

maybe they needed to be out in the open for his tube spray to work and he was using child soldiers to keep rita contained but active as a long con to draw out all these supervillains she knew

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Baloogan posted:

lol obama gave billions to terrorist supporting countries and intentionally ratfucked the middle east into a terrorist spawning pool and founded isis
bill clinton didn't take out bin laden when he had the chance and was even more timid that obama

democrats are worse than republicans without exception

Stick to the funny-alcoholic shtick, it's better than the actual-conservative-rear end in a top hat shtick.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solarin posted:

I kind of think the threats are going to backfire with such an insanely unpopular bill that the changes might make significantly worse.

also because they're so incredibly out-of-touch that they can't figure out why their threats aren't working

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It'll pass and I hope it does

Let McConnell and the Senate Repubs eat poo poo on this one too

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

change my name posted:

Zordon's a coward

G. Zordon Liddy

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Can't pretty much every single person in this thing just blame Ryan 100% for the outcome of a No vote, regardless of who votes it down and why? Everybody hates Ryan and his lovely bill so it seems like an easy move

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the house bill passing would be bad news because

a) it would give trump momentum even though everyone agrees it's stupid and terrible. journalists are looking for a turnaround story

b) senators are a thousand times more craven and inept than house members and are much more likely to gently caress up and vote the bill into law

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
also they tried to threaten the loving Freedom Caucus, the blood-eyed true believer lunatics of the GOP

we'll see if they're bluffing or whatever but it's pretty good shot that these people are genuinely crazy in one way or another I'd say

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Solarin posted:

Can't pretty much every single person in this thing just blame Ryan 100% for the outcome of a No vote, regardless of who votes it down and why? Everybody hates Ryan and his lovely bill so it seems like an easy move

if ryan goes down for loving this up so badly i will cum so loving hard

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the only reason this bill couldn't be shot down is a world where paul ryan is a public enemy and gets totally destroyed is too good for this reality

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Squizzle posted:

lmebo just search youtube

searched zordon death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UksHrnXn0U0
Holy poo poo lol, Rita and Zedd change into regular people and Zedd is yuppie trash that might have been holding a tennis racket, I dunno I'm not watching it again

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If it's a for sure no vote, expect it to be pretty overwhelming. Pass or not, a yes vote will be something that they have to answer for in a primary

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

change my name posted:

Why didn't they just bust the tube in the first episode then

Zordon's a coward

I have defended Zordon for standing up for goodness and tube fluids on many occasions.

Today, I cannot defend Zordon anymore.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Venuz Patrol posted:

the house bill passing would be bad news because

a) it would give trump momentum even though everyone agrees it's stupid and terrible. journalists are looking for a turnaround story

b) senators are a thousand times more craven and inept than house members and are much more likely to gently caress up and vote the bill into law

senate dems are rock hard at the idea of being able to reach across the isle and immediately do whatever the gop wants

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
watch trump start a fuckin' war

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

MadJackal posted:

Stick to the funny-alcoholic shtick, it's better than the actual-conservative-rear end in a top hat shtick.

lol can't handle hearing a different opinion than the one you hold?

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
lol did obama ever even have a megathread

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Gringostar posted:

"if ryan goes down for loving this up so badly i will cum so loving hard"

said by every member of the House Freedom Caucus

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

G. Zordon Liddy

enraged_camel posted:

Between your bizarre belief that a probation is not a punishment, your weird insistence that it is better and more effective to talk to would-be terrorists in private to tell them to post their terrorist stuff elsewhere, and douchey posts like the one I quoted above, it's frankly unbelievable that you are a moderator.

Yossarian-22 posted:

Squizzle did a racism. He did an imperialism. He did a nationalism. He did a xenophobia. He did a white fragility. He did no growth. This makes it abundantly clear Squizzle does not understand the intersectional nature of the multiplicity of his offenses

Sic semper tyrannis

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

Has trompf drowned Ryan in piss yet?

more or less :staredog:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

well i mean you can blame the cold and uncaring hand of god if you want, and who can dispute that

but it's domhnall the best of mcleod's bill in the sense that it's another one of those insane promises he ran on, and he failed to see it through just like he failed to see through the promise to deport millions of immigrants in his first day in the office, or end isis in thirty days

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Baloogan posted:

lol can't handle hearing a different opinion than the one you hold?

i mean this is an internet forum

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

a sad, failing usps shipment that was apparently supposed to come here the 20th said out for delivery and the status never updated and it was never delivered. i had to call them but who knows where the thing is.

thanks donny

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Rushi posted:

Ahhh those days when you could go a week or two and not have to worry about keeping up with the news. Now I set up a third monitor at work for tweetdeck and just stare at it all day and am probably going to get fired.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
what will donald threaten to take away and do nothing about next??

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

triple sulk posted:

a sad, failing usps shipment that was apparently supposed to come here the 20th said out for delivery and the status never updated and it was never delivered. i had to call them but who knows where the thing is.

thanks donny

It's buzzing away in somebody else's b-hole now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Solarin posted:

He'll definitely be the popular scapegoat, and it will mostly be well deserved since this was his baby and he spent a week giving giddy speeches about it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

First Witch
All hail, Trump! hail to thee, king of hotels!

Second Witch
All hail, Trump, hail to thee, king of television!

Third Witch
All hail, Trump, thou shalt be president hereafter!

JEB!
Good sir, why do you start; and seem to fear
Things that do sound so fair? I' the name of truth,
Are ye fantastical, or that indeed
Which outwardly ye show? My noble partner
You greet with present grace and great prediction
Of noble having and of royal hope,
That he seems rapt withal: to me you speak not.
If you can look into the seeds of time,
And say which grain will grow and which will not,
Speak then to me, who neither beg nor fear
Your favours nor your hate.

First Witch
Hail!

Second Witch
Hail!

Third Witch
Hail!

First Witch
Lesser than Trump, and greater.

Second Witch
Not so happy, yet much happier.

Third Witch
Thou shalt get presidents, though thou be none:
So all hail, Trump and JEB!

First Witch
JEB! and Trump, all hail!

JEB!
The earth hath bubbles, as the water has,
And these are of them. Whither are they vanish'd?

TRUMP
Into the air; and what seem'd corporal melted
As breath into the wind. Would they had stay'd!

JEB!
Were such things here as we do speak about?
Or have we eaten on the insane root
That takes the reason prisoner?

TRUMP
Your children shall be presidents.

JEB!
You shall be president

TRUMP
And king of television too: went it not so?

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Tainen posted:

Ahhh those days when you could go a week or two and not have to worry about keeping up with the news. Now I set up a third monitor at work for tweetdeck and just stare at it all day and am probably going to get fired.

day 2 of spring break, all i have done is make politics fft memes

politics is all we got

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

MadJackal posted:

he has many layers like an onion

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

It's buzzing away in somebody else's b-hole now

its a single trading card so rip

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rushi posted:

he totally has one

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

STAC Goat posted:

He'll definitely be the popular scapegoat, and it will mostly be well deserved since this was his baby and he spent a week giving giddy speeches about it.

i mean he has done nothing but garbage for ages and has been pretty secure

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Duscat posted:

ahhah, clicking around a bit from that tweet, and this turned up:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/845054081441959937

like he would loving know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tainen posted:

It can't be overstated how much the Trump Administration has changed our day to day quality of life even without any of the actual laws and poo poo.

• Locked thread