Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fleve posted:

I'm not sure I've kept up with all the episodes lately, but I thought Barry was supposed to ask Joe for his daughter's hand. Did he forget about that again or did I miss it? He needs to go back in time and rectify that poo poo, can't go letting down the flashdads.

That was the first thing I said to my roommate when Barry asked Iris again too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ruddiger posted:

It isn't 1957.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ruddiger posted:

maybe he's worried that his dad will tell him he can't marry his adopted sister

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The whole "you were supposed to ask me for permission" thing was such a weird, pointless, and uncharacteristic thing for Joe in the first place that I'm fine assuming that Barry just decided that if Joe complains about it again after they literally had a conversation where Joe said of course he approved and encouraged Barry to hold out hope that she'd want to be engaged than he's probably suffering some kind of brain damage.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 23, 2017

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It's ok Barry will just go back in time and ask Joe if it's cool a second time.

Of course when he returns the whole world will be burning in flames, but hey! Time travel.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Extremely disappointed the episode didn't play out like Once More With Feeling. Or the Brave and the Bold episode! Using a parallel dimension felt like such a cop out, I wanted to see the Music Meister making them dance and sing about their current problems. Oh well. On the plus side, I liked the casting they made. NPH wouldn't have worked in the same way, since this MM was... not evil at all.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lotus circle posted:

It's ok Barry will just go back in time and ask Joe if it's cool a second time.

Best quote of the musical.

"Actually, I'm not supposed to do that anymore." *grimaces*

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

ruddiger posted:

Best quote of the musical.

"Actually, I'm not supposed to do that anymore." *grimaces*
Remembers guys, no more secrets and no more lies for the next 5 minutes!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Barry calls Joe dad, so he it would be really creepy imo if there was a scene where our hero asked "Hey dad, can I marry your daughter?"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Superfriends song owned.

Joe and Stein as a gay gangster couple owned.

Everything else kind of sucked.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Krad posted:

Extremely disappointed the episode didn't play out like Once More With Feeling.

I went back and listened to Once More, With Feeling again to make sure I wasn't rose-tinting it and...Jesus, does it outclass this episode. Twelve or thirteen songs (not counting the ones they wrote and produced just to be background gags), all of them original, all of them at the very least good, all of them providing exposition and moving forward multiple season-long storylines. Plus it was fun hearing people who obviously aren't professional singers give it their best shot, too.

I really hope the CWDC shows give the musical schtick another chance, but go all out on it.

Just no hawk people.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Best moment was Barry claiming he wasn't impressed with "your more famous cousin".

They really should drag Arrow into this next time.

And a Snart/Mick duet.

Phylodox posted:

Just no hawk people.
Not even doing Every Step you Take?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's a real shame and it feels like it may be the case of them scrounging a script together at the last minute before filming and stuff out of pressure by fans to make a musical episode.

Having to make the Music Meister some universe hopping imp seems lazy. Give him his BatB powers or some variation and then also the ability to create dimensional portals via singing a note that resonates at a particular frequency and boom! Solved the crossover problem without having to resort to dreams, hallucinations or pocket dimensions. Getting everyone else to sing? gently caress it. It's a musical. Alternatively, he just projects a psychic field that makes everyone start singing.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I had to double check that he wasn't Mxtylplx from the Supergirl episode a couple weeks ago, actually.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I don't even know why they called him Music Meister as he specifically said the musical angle was all Barry and Kara's doing.

This episode suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mxyzptlk was far more charming.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This guy will be great on a non-crossover Arrow episode. Helping everyone resolve their interpersonal poo poo through song. Not because anyone on arrow likes musicals, just because he thought it worked out well with Flash and Supergirl.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Something that got me thinking from the Supergirl thread. Earth 1 US President was assassinated by aliens in the cross-over. Did they just completely blow that off? No one has mentioned it since? Is the public aware of how he died? Did they blame a terrestrial group that we're now going to war with? Or is this where we need the speed force GIF?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
What I would like even more than for this music meister to show up on Arrow would be for him to roll into Supernatural.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

OB_Juan posted:

What I would like even more than for this music meister to show up on Arrow would be for him to roll into Supernatural.

That would be amazing.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hughlander posted:

Something that got me thinking from the Supergirl thread. Earth 1 US President was assassinated by aliens in the cross-over. Did they just completely blow that off? No one has mentioned it since? Is the public aware of how he died? Did they blame a terrestrial group that we're now going to war with? Or is this where we need the speed force GIF?

Much like Felicity nuking a city it really wasn't that important.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Space Crabs posted:

Much like Felicity nuking a city it really wasn't that important.

But it wasn't swept under the rug. It's a character origin story and is referred to about every 3 episodes...

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Team Arrow and Flash voted for the other guy?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Space Crabs posted:

Team Arrow and Flash voted for the other guy?

I'm sure it was the #1 top agenda item at their Super Friends team meeting every month.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I thought Panabaker was supposed to be a real good singer, too? If that's the case, is there a reason she wasn't in this?

Wasn't too hot on the episode, and expected much better things, but it was okay to watch. At least it tied all the unnecessary drama for Iris/Barry and Kara/Mon-El so that's nice.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sir Potato posted:

I thought Panabaker was supposed to be a real good singer, too? If that's the case, is there a reason she wasn't in this?

Haven't heard anything to that regard, I thought that was the whole point of their Karaoke "date" back then, so Grant could show off his impressive pipes and she could be shocked when he could sing well while she couldn't.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

OB_Juan posted:

Supernatural did a musical episode. It was the 200th

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Oh, yeah. That was a good episode.Sorry for the derail.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
That was fun. The episode was fun and I liked it. It fixed the stupid relationship drama on both shows in one episode. gently caress the haters. :colbert:

nine-gear crow posted:

So w/r/t that future headline "Music Meister gets six figure book deal", I guess the operative question now is "what does god need with a book deal?" :confused:

even fifth dimensional imps have to pay for their theatrical productions

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I just found out that Tom Cavanagh is directing the season finale.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I just found out that Tom Cavanagh is directing the season finale.

Is he? I know he is directing the next one (which apparently has a one month break after tonight??) but I wasn't aware he was directing the finale as well.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah because of their dumb scheduling, April is going to be a dead month. They promised Iris would die in May, and they gotta adhere to that!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Guy A. Person posted:

Is he? I know he is directing the next one (which apparently has a one month break after tonight??) but I wasn't aware he was directing the finale as well.

Oh geez, I thought next week's was the finale, but it's just the last one before the break! My bad, folks.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

lotus circle posted:

Yeah because of their dumb scheduling, April is going to be a dead month. They promised Iris would die in May, and they gotta adhere to that!

Quite a lot of TV that I'm looking forward to in April. iZombie, Prison Break, Archer, Bosch, Dr Who, MST3K.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

GreenNight posted:

Quite a lot of TV that I'm looking forward to in April. iZombie, Prison Break, Archer, Bosch, Dr Who, MST3K.

Terrace House Aloha State Part 2. It's no Boys and Girls in the City but it's still worth watching...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I hope this guy becomes Flash's version of Count Vertigo.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Torture him!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Man, they're hinting so hard that Barry is Savitar

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012