Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you can catch a fish without the bobber dunking all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

That's when I tried to do it and ugh so much poo poo going on and too many things to kill.

hack them all, it freezes time. I never had anything even touch them doing this

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
one of the other things about hacking is that autoheal chips continue to function as normal during the hacking sequence. great for when you're in a panic situation

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've been hunting down sidequests, and there is a shared one I can't quite find. According to the chapter list, it becomes available during the forest king chapter. It's the only sidequest before Route C content that I have left to do. Are there any hard to find/get sidequests that could be this one I'm missing? I tried looking at sidequests lists but the only ones I saw that I was missing begin in Route C ( I easily could have missed it though).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tarezax posted:

one of the other things about hacking is that autoheal chips continue to function as normal during the hacking sequence. great for when you're in a panic situation

Yeah, it's completely broken. And awesome.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've been hunting down sidequests, and there is a shared one I can't quite find. According to the chapter list, it becomes available during the forest king chapter. It's the only sidequest before Route C content that I have left to do. Are there any hard to find/get sidequests that could be this one I'm missing? I tried looking at sidequests lists but the only ones I saw that I was missing begin in Route C ( I easily could have missed it though).

did you get the one at the bottom of the canyon? there's a machine that tells you about some dangerous machines down there

the only other side quests there that I can think of are the one by the gate to pascal's village, the one from the android merchant about making food, and the machine that takes care of animals

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I'm fairly certain that's the final Emil quest.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vermain posted:

You will eventually unlock a Chapter Select option that lets you backtrack and complete whatever you want.

Yeah but I mean physically. The elevators are all locked down until you do that segment, but once you do it the game literally won't let me back in. How do I get in?

Also my title screen just changed to a really nice view of Kaine's house. Neat.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Can't believe they put this auto pick up item chip so late in the game

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Yeah but I mean physically. The elevators are all locked down until you do that segment, but once you do it the game literally won't let me back in. How do I get in?

I think you'll have to wait until route C to go back there.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Nuebot posted:

It'll open up during route C to explore, but if you specifically want to use 2B you have to chapter select and replay the 'become as gods' story segment (there's at least one unique enemy only found there)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tarezax posted:

I'm fairly certain that's the final Emil quest.

Could it be? The things I've done with Emil are Emil's Memories sidequest , found his house, stole from him and I tried fighting his boss fight that happens right there but I died.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tarezax posted:

I think you'll have to wait until route C to go back there.

Thanks, friendo.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Could it be? The things I've done with Emil are Emil's Memories sidequest , found his house, stole from him and I tried fighting his boss fight that happens right there but I died.

Then yes

once you fully upgrade all weapons (beating him the first time gives you a set, so you have to do the first fight) go talk to him, and it'll start a new quest.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

slev posted:

Can't believe they put this auto pick up item chip so late in the game

Can't you get it pretty early?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The chips I get from downed androids don't go into the inventory? :doh:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Actually, you're trying to get into Emil's house via chapter select, right? Just go talk to him. It apparently forgets that you ever did. After you've talked to him, he'll talk about his house, and it'll be open.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bogart posted:

The chips I get from downed androids don't go into the inventory? :doh:

Yep they're only temp buffs.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I love that 9S' voice actor was supposed to stop and make dinner like half an hour ago but he keeps making excuses to keep playing

:3:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

I love that 9S' voice actor was supposed to stop and make dinner like half an hour ago but he keeps making excuses to keep playing

We need to get 21O on the line to admonish him.

Edit: Speaking of voice actors, I was pretty enthused when I realized that a certain character was voiced by Jouji Nakata in the JP audio. He's pretty perfect for that role.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 24, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If that is the case, then (superboss spoilers) Is there a way to fight superboss emil as A2?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

He seemed like a really cool guy. Him doing voices was really fun, and he interacted with the chat quite a bit. Read one of my comments out loud, and replied to one of my questions :3:

Did you start watching early enough to catch his Jean-Paul voice? It was amazing.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Just finished ending C and restarted and did I mess something up or is the next route beginning exactly like A?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

If that is the case, then (superboss spoilers) Is there a way to fight superboss emil as A2?

The first Emil fight can only be done as 9S, because you have to hack Emil's chest. The second one can be done as any character, including 2B.

ymgve posted:

Just finished ending C and restarted and did I mess something up or is the next route beginning exactly like A?

You're supposed to use Chapter Select. Restarting from your save file after chapter select is unlocked just puts you back on route A.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

ymgve posted:

It just cycles :\

Use chapter select to jump around and backtrack anywhere in previous routes. Once it's unlocked, you can access it from any save point, so, not a big deal.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Snak posted:

It just cycles :\

Use chapter select to jump around and backtrack anywhere in previous routes. Once it's unlocked, you can access it from any save point, so, not a big deal.

But where does it diverge from A? Which chapter should I pick to continue and get the next ending?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

ymgve posted:

But where does it diverge from A? Which chapter should I pick to continue and get the next ending?

Go all the way to the end and choose the other character in the final fight.

Question: when do you get Jackass's intel report summing up the aftermath of the game?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

ymgve posted:

Go back to the end of route C, where you chose between A2 and 9S

Unfortunately, there are no more full playthroughs that are new content. Just 3 endings to route C, one of which you already got. It's disappointing, I know

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Snak posted:

He seemed like a really cool guy. Him doing voices was really fun, and he interacted with the chat quite a bit. Read one of my comments out loud, and replied to one of my questions :3:

Did you start watching early enough to catch his Jean-Paul voice? It was amazing.

I started watching at the "15 minutes late for dinner" mark. It's kinda funny seeing him play as he sorta knows what's happening but not completely.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

ymgve posted:

Specifically, the only actual "routes" in C are the final boss choice of who you're playing as. Choosing throughout the route who you play as doesn't make a difference, it's just when you play the sequence instead of "play X while Y does stuff off screen."

If you haven't done it yet, I recommend doing what you want to do before doing the other ending. That has the "REMOVE SAVE FILE Y/N" choice, which saying no to means you ultimately have to repeat the sequence to do it later. If you want, anyway.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Intoluene posted:

I started watching at the "15 minutes late for dinner" mark. It's kinda funny seeing him play as he sorta knows what's happening but not completely.

Well he is on playthough B, so there's gonna be a bunch of stuff he'd already seen.

Probably the best part was his saga about trying to save the machine kid. He'd already failed on route A, and then kept accidentally hacking the kid. 9S shouting "no, not that one! Stop hacking that one!" at himself was pretty good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

Well he is on playthough B, so there's gonna be a bunch of stuff he'd already seen.

Probably the best part was his saga about trying to save the machine kid. He'd already failed on route A, and then kept accidentally hacking the kid. 9S shouting "no, not that one! Stop hacking that one!" at himself was pretty good.

He failed that quest like 3 time, it was really funny.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So question about the differences in playstyle A2 and 2B, outside of A2 having a different taunt and berserk mode is there any other notable differences? kinda rushed through C/D/E because I was too hooked, so didn't really stop to really experiment

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Where do I find the Type 4O blade?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Snak posted:

Where do I find the Type 4O blade?

Route B, Data Analysis Freak 2

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
That final ending. I wasn't sure if they were actually gonna go through with it, but welp, my save gone. But I felt I kinda had to do it since random strangers "helped" me through the impossible credits sequence.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ymgve posted:

That final ending. I wasn't sure if they were actually gonna go through with it, but welp, my save gone. But I felt I kinda had to do it since random strangers "helped" me through the impossible credits sequence.

Did you not play Nier Replicant/Gestalt? :v:

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Archenteron posted:

Yoko Taro apparently tweeted the following (a non-babelfish translation courtesy of Reddit) ""I'm constantly taken aback by Automata's speed as of late. It didn't even take 2-3 months and Automata is already about to achieve what took the previous Nier 7 years, from new goods development to various events. I am incredibly thankful to everyone who buys the game, but I sincerely hope you don't overdo it and keep things within reason.""

Yoko made a good-selling game and doesn't know how to handle it :kimchi:

I'll actually translate this for you:

Recently, I'm bewildered by the speed of Nier. What has taken the previous work 7 years to accomplish in terms of progression of goods and events, Nier Automata has done so in a period of just 2-3 months. I can only thank all of our customers, but I sincerely can only reasonably hope that you enjoy the game.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
So anyone got DLC wishlists yet? For me it's pretty much Operation Pearl Harbor, 2B prequel and something with Accord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Spoilers for E:
I was 100% planning on using the chapter select to finish some of the side quests I missed and explore. But then, when I accepted help in shooting the names, and I saw "XXX lost their data" I was certain that people's saves were being deleted because I was just not good enough at bullet-hell shooters. I lamented all their losses, and when asked if I would give up my save to help someone else the answer was "hell yes I would!" So now I'm starting again, from the beginning, and I'm recording this time. Because it's that good.

If your get to Route E and you see ClutteredAgenda there...I gave my saves for you.

Game of the year.