Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Stop replying to that stupid oval office, for gently caress sake, were you all just born yesterday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 26, 2018

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
but he's actually funny. you're posting is just dumb

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

just last week i got arrested for walking down a quiet rear end neighbourhood street (illegal to walk down the street if theres a sidewalk accross it apparently) so yeah were already there bro

Oh my gosh, you are a gem.

James Baud posted:

I think it's more that people are increasingly aware of European problems here and it's beginning to boil over ... Plus the whole Chinese money laundering thing.

Er, what?

I'm really looking forward to a definition of "European problems". I'm going to bet this time instead of "Jews" it's another identifiable religious group.

I wonder who?

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 24, 2017

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

James Baud posted:

I think it's more that people are increasingly aware of European problems here and it's beginning to boil over ... Plus the whole Chinese money laundering thing.

I'm glad they have that arrow in the 20s and 30s otherwise I wouldn't understand that the line went up

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 26, 2018

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
xenophobia is back baby! time for it to go mainstream again!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

RBC posted:

xenophobia is back baby!

Unfortunately, not in Pog form.

James Baud posted:

Any excuse to post that chart. On present anti-immigration populism? Nobody remotely mainstream has been speaking to that demographic in a long time.

It's true, how foolish of us to exclude the xenophobic racist demographic. It's cool though, because the CPC has realized the error of their ways, and they're going like gangbusters to capitalize on fear and hatred.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

RBC posted:

but he's actually funny. you're posting is just dumb

I like it because they walk such a fine line between actual unhinged crazy person ranting and niche forums satire that I actually can't place it one way or the other. Now that PT6A has become just a regular boring centrist instead of a cringey myopic Albertan stereotype, we need some fresh fuel to keep the comedy fire going here.

You keep doing you, SSB.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

infernal machines posted:

Er, what?

I'm really looking forward to a definition of "European problems". I'm going to bet this time instead of "Jews" it's another identifiable religious group.

I wonder who?

Probably the same one which spent 800 years attempting to conquer mainland Europe, subjected the eastern portions thereof to a regime of relentless and brutal tyranny under occupation, was responsible for the modern concept of genocide, carried out 4 of the 5 European genocides of the 20th century, and has never given up that old goal of conquest at the executive level.

Deus Vult is all I'm sayin'. :shrug:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Sethex posted:

I like free speech. "Lol" if you don't.

I liked article 13, "lol" if you didn't

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

smoke sumthin bitch, the next time you spend :10bux: make sure to use the URL tag to link to the post that upset you so much.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Rime posted:

Probably the same one which spent 800 years attempting to conquer mainland Europe, subjected the eastern portions thereof to a regime of relentless and brutal tyranny under occupation, was responsible for the modern concept of genocide, carried out 4 of the 5 European genocides of the 20th century, and has never given up that old goal of conquest at the executive level.

Deus Vult is all I'm sayin'. :shrug:

Agreed, Germany is a European problem.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Jeez, what are you getting into, infernal machines?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I have touched the poop. Now my hand is covered in it.

Just desserts really.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

I want to spend more time volunteering but I don't know where. What are some interesting groups I should check out?

(I hate kids)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

cougar cub posted:

I want to spend more time volunteering but I don't know where. What are some interesting groups I should check out?

(I hate kids)

Uh if you hate kids, don't do Terry Fox. I go to schools all the time for them.

Canadian Cancer Society is good. As is your local humane society

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

cougar cub posted:

(I hate kids)

If you're in Vancouver area, check out something in the DTES or one of the immigrant/refugee support groups

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cougar cub posted:

I want to spend more time volunteering

Why?

I ask because this could potentially inform your choices.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Don Meredith no longer thinks the Senate inquiry into loving his teenage parishioner is motivated by racism. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senator-meredith-race-card-ethics-1.4038120

I guess he found a better lawyer?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

The Dark One posted:

Don Meredith no longer thinks the Senate inquiry into loving his teenage parishioner is motivated by racism. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senator-meredith-race-card-ethics-1.4038120

I guess he found a better lawyer?

He didn't get the sudden rush of support from the left and/or the black community that he was hoping that stance would bring. At best (for him) people seem to be saying 'yeah if he was white maybe he wouldn't have been targeted but that doesn't excuse him being a sexual predator'.

i.e.

https://twitter.com/DesmondCole/status/843543586255900674

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

James Baud posted:

There's a new book by a guy named Alasdair Roberts called the 4 Crises of American Democracy, about how populism rises because we have large societal problems that we're working through and we collectively can't figure out what to do about them.

While immigration is always blamed by some during these crises, historically it is never really the problem just a scapegoat exploited by the unscrupulous.

He also argues (convincingly imo, although I can't remember if I read it or heard him say it in an interview) that the current crisis that we can't deal with as a society is climate change and rampant ecological destruction generally. Until we all get on the same page (and it will probably take a generation) this crisis of democracy will continue.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

infernal machines posted:

smoke sumthin bitch, the next time you spend :10bux: make sure to use the URL tag to link to the post that upset you so much.

lol if you think i would waste the price of a hot meal to buy your rear end a custom title

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
What white trash nourishment does one buy for ten dollars these days

Two hungry mans

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

A footlong and two cookies?

Subway radio commercial posted:

$5 will get you a six-inch sub and a cookie. Choose between ham, meatball marinara or veggie delite

All of those cookies sound gross.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Subway cookies are not bad, but their bread is gross.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

namaste faggots posted:

What white trash nourishment does one buy for ten dollars these days

Two hungry mans

That what I asked Air Canada when they vouchered us $10 each for dinner because their stupid plane broke down and we were 6 hours late taking off. She told me to go to the rice place.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Oh the trials and tribulations of not being vouchered to eat in an airport sports bar

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Everything at Subway tastes like poo poo and it's pretty much made from recycled gym mats

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Cold on a Cob posted:

Subway cookies are not bad, but their bread is gross.

I'd eat a meatball marinara cookie but only if I had a cup of Sriracha nesquik for dunking.

I really like the backlash against anti-islamophobia legislation because canadians are like westworld robots when it comes to racism.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
As bad as the bread is at subway, I can at least choke it down and I'll go there if there's nothing else nearby and I'm in a hurry.

One time I made the mistake of getting a flatbread breakfast sandwich. Only ate one bite and the rest went in the trash.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I think that's on you for ordering a subway breakfast; their flatbread's fine and they serve their normal sandwiches anytime.

Skippy Granola posted:

a cup of Sriracha nesquik for dunking.

Hello, Dragons...

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
I don't know why any of you are talking about subway when Quiznos exists (it is, I'll concede, a bit pricier). Toasted bread and melted cheese, Quiznos! Toasted bread and melted cheese, Quiznos!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Postess with the Mostest posted:

That what I asked Air Canada when they vouchered us $10 each for dinner because their stupid plane broke down and we were 6 hours late taking off. She told me to go to the rice place.

Got a £10 for being stuck at Heathrow because of Air Canada six years ago. It was also only good at the two premade sandwich places.

At least the sandwiches were surprisingly cheap. Got two of them with two cokes for the flight.

flakeloaf posted:

I think that's on you for ordering a subway breakfast; their flatbread's fine and they serve their normal sandwiches anytime.

I'll second this. I've had their flatbread more than a few times, but only had their breakfast sandwich once. The moment I saw them take out a premade egg patty was the moment I knew it was going to be terrible.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
Nah, the flatbread was gross too, I'm not giving it a pass just because the gross egg patty was also gross.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/anima_tk/status/844711603748638721

:|

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

What's the source for the graph?

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

I wonder if any of these people would be this upset if they tried to bring back Christian prayer during morning announcements. I mean, I don't want to see any mandatory religious activities brought back in to public education and I don't think public funds should go towards supporting any religious activity but wtf it's an empty room during lunch recess why would anyone get this angry about it.