Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Yep. But that is neither here nor there wrt the dems desperately trying to regain power and maintain the status quo.

On the plus side though, people like Jeffersonclay are dumb enough that they won't need to be appealed to when the current dems collapse and are replaced with progressives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bip Roberts posted:

uhh a bunch of people in this thread are all hot and bothered because people are pushing to investigate

There are lot of people that have already concluded, sans evidence, that X happened.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yep. But that is neither here nor there wrt the dems desperately trying to regain power and maintain the status quo.

On the plus side though, people like Jeffersonclay are dumb enough that they won't need to be appealed to when the current dems collapse and are replaced with progressives.

yes but bad dems aren't going away. they need to become the minority part of the coalition and then be whipped into shape so they fear getting primaried.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bip Roberts posted:

yes but bad dems aren't going away. they need to become the minority part of the coalition and then be whipped into shape so they fear getting primaried.

I feel like the bad-dems will go away when they go extinct by staying on the current path. The problem is the bad dems will be the last ones left with D's by their name, and we will get the trump and Cruz republicans creating the new party.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I feel like the bad-dems will go away when they go extinct by staying on the current path. The problem is the bad dems will be the last ones left with D's by their name, and we will get the trump and Cruz republicans creating the new party.

Well working on discrediting the explicitly white supremacist wing though their ties to russia isn't a bad start.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

On one hand I genuinely am glad to understand just how lovely and corrupt the Democratic party is because it makes it so simple to tear the entire institution apart and demand reform. The corruption in the media, the Democratic party and the entire political and economic system were on full on display due to the info dumps that were strategically timed before the convention and during October to maximize their impact. It makes it so easy to make a case that the entire system is broken and must be reformed because it's naked incompetence. The Sanders wing of the party is ascendant and it's absolutely imperative to keep it that way, and the info dumps were a massive blow against the establishment.

But it was done primarily to insert a dim witted fascist into the most powerful position of the world with no consideration to the people it would hurt. It was done to expand Russian influence abroad, which is not necessarily a bad thing, except what does Russia offer? The systematic murder of its own citizens based off the whims of an ever aging autocrat? A broken, resource based economy and a sprawling network of rotten infrastructure? The undermining of democratic institutions through money transfers and use of state assets, such as intelligence services to find compromising data on your political opponents? Invasion of neighbors and the seizure of sovereign territory? Massive military support of fascist regimes such as Assad and whatever other monster might serve their interest? Putin offers a contribution of poison to the world. gently caress him!

clinton bad russia bad

stomps feet

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Brother Friendship posted:

On one hand I genuinely am glad to understand just how lovely and corrupt the Democratic party is because it makes it so simple to tear the entire institution apart and demand reform. The corruption in the media, the Democratic party and the entire political and economic system were on full on display due to the info dumps that were strategically timed before the convention and during October to maximize their impact. It makes it so easy to make a case that the entire system is broken and must be reformed because it's naked incompetence. The Sanders wing of the party is ascendant and it's absolutely imperative to keep it that way, and the info dumps were a massive blow against the establishment.

But it was done primarily to insert a dim witted fascist into the most powerful position of the world with no consideration to the people it would hurt. It was done to expand Russian influence abroad, which is not necessarily a bad thing, except what does Russia offer? The systematic murder of its own citizens based off the whims of an ever aging autocrat? A broken, resource based economy and a sprawling network of rotten infrastructure? The undermining of democratic institutions through money transfers and use of state assets, such as intelligence services to find compromising data on your political opponents? Invasion of neighbors and the seizure of sovereign territory? Massive military support of fascist regimes such as Assad and whatever other monster might serve their interest? Putin offers a contribution of poison to the world. gently caress him!

clinton bad russia bad

stomps feet

Clinton is bad but the emails didn't show anything bad in them.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Uh Donna Brazile told Hillary a secret and totally ruined everything.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bip Roberts posted:

Clinton is bad but the emails didn't show anything bad in them.

Did you see their prose?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Did you see their prose?

pls print

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Brother Friendship posted:

clinton bad russia bad

stomps feet

wow dude, way to gaslight russia phobia when the only thing that should be mattering to anyone is that dems are bad because only one thing can be bad at one time

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

lmfao he isn't the one ignoring election interference and military annexation

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Gringostar posted:

wow dude, way to gaslight russia phobia when the only thing that should be mattering to anyone is that dems are bad because only one thing can be bad at one time

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
In any case exposing and helping remove the Russian support for the nationalist far right parties in the US, UK, Germany, and France is a good step no matter what and I'm not sure why some "leftists" are against it.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
more than one thing can be bad at a time

hell, lots of things can be bad at one time

Not a Step posted:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Russia bad.
Putin bad.
Wikileaks bad.
Clinton bad.
Trump bad.
Thread bad..
:discourse:

stop being dumb and think only one thing can be bad at a time

and for the record, you're making JeffersonClay look somewhat well reasoned for once by being dumb about this poo poo

so please, for the sake of him/her not looking well reasoned stop being dumb

also, "stop being dumb" rhymes with another saying that has five syllables

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I have Hilary brain AIDS and I love to draw attention away from the wing of the party that gave us trump

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fiction posted:

I have Hilary brain AIDS and I love to draw attention away from the wing of the party that gave us trump

oh man the attention is running out!

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fiction posted:

It wasn't the Hillary supporters who legitimized the Russian agitprop and mocked her for for calling it out. 5 months later you're still too dumb to realize you've been a useful idiot all along.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

JeffersonClay posted:

I don't think you know what the word gaslighting means. Yes, tying Trump to Italy or Norway would be a lot less effective than tying him to Russia because Italy and Norway did not successfully hack our election system 5 months ago. This is the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

this isn't true even remotely tho?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Even if you think that a private political organization's internal emails are an 'election system' AND that releasing the incredibly milquetoast details contained within had any effect whatsoever

there's still no evidence russian individuals or government were involved in any way

The government's official evidence is that RT gave an interview to Assange once, and that Hillary Clinton is pro fracking

those don't really create a trail back to Putin to any sane person

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gringostar posted:

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

JeffersonClay posted:

Oh no what will happen to the Dem's political capital?!?

I can tell you that I know several likely Dem voters who are ridiculously tired of the russia story because of xenophobia even if its somewhat effective of dismantling the trump admin. They're not dumb everyday people like you tho so

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

ginsberg in 1956 posted:

America it's them bad Russians. Them Russians them Russians and them Chinamen. And them Russians.
The Russia wants to eat us alive. The Russia's power mad. She wants to take our cars from out our garages.
America this is quite serious.
America this is the impression I get from looking in the television set.
America is this correct?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
It's literally the same level as benghazi or obama birth certificate or email server where one side needs the scandal to be true so badly that their retard base believes it without consideration or evidence. Media is the same as fox news perpetuating dumb stuff

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Modest Mao posted:

It's literally the same level as benghazi or obama birth certificate or email server

LOL actually no

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
you're right two of those things actually happened

- With Evidence!

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
did u ever think maybe ur hatred of trump is causing you to accepted retarded things out of hand just like literally every other person in human history

sexpot posted:

LOL actually no

oh ok good job

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Modest Mao posted:

oh ok good job

Thank you reasonable goodposter Modest Mao

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Why are people believing us intelligence agencies when they have given no evidence whatsoever for their claims. Do you have the memory of a goddamn goldfish?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's dumb because it's selective belief

james clapper, the former director of national intelligence (who infamously lied about the scope of nsa data collection), went on national television and said there was 0 evidence of collusion at the beginning of the year

but people want to so willingly believe anonymous sources without any evidence

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Republicans have stomped their feet every time they could, to declare that any opposition to them is unpatriotic, no matter what the issue was

So the fact that their glorious leader is in the pocket of foreign power, should be pointed out at every turn, both because its actually bad, but also because it demonstrates the total hypocrisy of Trump voters - that they're actually massive fans of collussion and corruption, but only if it benefits them i.e. principles << partisanship

Also Putin has done his best to violate other countries sovereignty when he can, like murdering people who fled (see: The recent mysterious death of a former duma MP) and even attempting to assassinate political leaders, so if you've ever bitched about the US doing that, ever, then consistency demands you hold putin to the same standard

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Putin and his gov. are often bad yeah

That's not evidence of them having secret influence in the white house in and of itself

also you're making the mistake that political allegiance or effectiveness works on consistency or logic - neither party cares about its own hypocrisy until it makes them look weak to their enemies

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Clinton being terrible also doesn't become not true because Russia, last I checked the accusation wasn't that they'd tampered with voting machines to rig the election, and Clinton did still lose to the giant orange baby, but maybe having the executive closely tied with another, largely hostile, country is a good enough reason to not dismiss their oppositiom to their meddling as 'xenophobia'

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
like no one is trying to defend putin or say that its good that trump seems to admire him

It's more that so far this looks like a politically motivated witch hunt couched on a appeal to a historically american specific russophobia which is not beneficial to our democracy and the only reason it gains traction is a specific party desperately needs to delegitimize Trump for various reasons, among which is to deflect from the fact that they don't have anything to offer the American people, except that They're Not Trump, a platform on which they were defeated

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Modest Mao posted:

Putin and his gov. are often bad yeah

That's not evidence of them having secret influence in the white house in and of itself

also you're making the mistake that political allegiance or effectiveness works on consistency or logic - neither party cares about its own hypocrisy until it makes them look weak to their enemies
lol 'no evidence': https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yAuP3n2TU9RLqwt1vsTOegjWRbYwSqdMuY1Co1Eas6A/edit

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rudatron posted:

Clinton being terrible also doesn't become not true because Russia, last I checked the accusation wasn't that they'd tampered with voting machines to rig the election, and Clinton did still lose to the giant orange baby, but maybe having the executive closely tied with another, largely hostile, country is a good enough reason to not dismiss their oppositiom to their meddling as 'xenophobia'

lol jesus christ what meddling

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

this is sub alex jones level GET IT TOGETHER

I'm IRL lolin' at how insane this is https://docs.google.com/document/d/13dd0UKXIWsR5I1SczNgUCMGONUgN7y4OqIQ6qrgLZlE/edit lmao

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Modest Mao posted:

like no one is trying to defend putin or say that its good that trump seems to admire him

It's more that so far this looks like a politically motivated witch hunt couched on a appeal to a historically american specific russophobia which is not beneficial to our democracy and the only reason it gains traction is a specific party desperately needs to delegitimize Trump for various reasons, among which is to deflect from the fact that they don't have anything to offer the American people, except that They're Not Trump, a platform on which they were defeated
Deflecting concrete accusations against Putin with 'that's just russophobia' is pure ideology

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rudatron posted:

Deflecting concrete accusations against Putin with 'that's just russophobia' is pure ideology

maybe you're a retard so I'll spell it out for you and all the other retards who might happen upon this god forsaken thread

Americans doing business or talking to russians is not in itself bad, you have to prove wrong doing - this is the russophobia

edit: I don't care if you prove it you need evidence, even circumstantial evidence, of wrong doing

Modest Mao has issued a correction as of 09:02 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Like here's Good Circumstantial Evidence of Wrongdoing:

Russian oligarch and ex-CEO of russian petroleum giant Gazprom donates $135 million to a trump charity, along with other multimillion dollar donations from current managers at Gazprom

Gazprom hires Ivanka for $500,000 to speak at their event

One year later Trump approves sale of natural gas rights to massive deposit off coast of alaska

I think people could look at that and go yeah, that's probably bad in an Actually Bad way

• Locked thread