Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Legit disappointed about Lyra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Glad Winn took the sensible approach to dealing with Lyra's problems.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Make Daxam Great Again!" :laugh:

To their credit, they didn't try to enslave humanity with their newfound yellow sun powers(assuming they even know). I liked the MoS style static message at the beginning.

0/10 Hercules didn't even beat anyone up.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

To their credit, they didn't try to enslave humanity with their newfound yellow sun powers(assuming they even know).
I have no doubts this will be the plan for either next week's episode or the season finale.

quote:

0/10 Hercules didn't even beat anyone up.

It was DISAPPOINTING!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
They have to know that they have powers now, it was even hinted at during one of their previous appearances.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I liked this episode! Surprisingly strong...well, not surprisingly strong, but just strong writing and performances from everyone.

It's too bad neither Mon-El or Kara have watched the Princess Diaries in their little marathons, or else they'd know how important it is for him to return and lead his people towards a more compassionate way of life or whatever.

TOMORROW: :toot:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I know people will complain about ~*CW relationship drama*~ but I think in this case I think the drama was earned. As opposed to whatever bullshit Barry was on last week.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This show needs more men on it for Kara to date and dump mercilessly :colbert:

I am only like 50% serious on that one. I'm firmly in the camp that says Kara should just be a strong, single independent woman who doesn't need a boyfriend and continue the show's unabated streak of trolling conservatives and MRAs.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well that was a pretty interesting ending to this episode, the truth coming out in everyone's relationships was a pretty big theme.

So I assume everyone's going to watch The Flash tomorrow to see how the Musical arc ends?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The rumor rags are saying that Benoist and Wood are hooking up in real life.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Rhyno posted:

The rumor rags are saying that Benoist and Wood are hooking up in real life.

Well, it needs to happen in SOME universe.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I like how the standard alien greeting is Zod's "YOU ARE NOT ALONE"-esque worldwide TV signal hijack.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Kind of makes you wonder, just how much does the Supergirl crew enjoy tweaking Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman's nipples over how much more people love their take on the Superman universe than Zack Snyder's?

I'm guessing a lot :allears:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Jimmy, while wearing a titanium alloy suit and equipped with whatever weapons the props department wants to give him, is less effective than Alex with just a gun when she's unarmed.

He has a cool voice synth though, so he's got that going for him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Licarn posted:

Jimmy, while wearing a titanium alloy suit and equipped with whatever weapons the props department wants to give him, is less effective than Alex with just a gun when she's unarmed.

At this point Alex is almost literally Batwoman so that checks out.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Really didn't like how Wynn's girlfriend turned heel for seemly drama only reasons. Nothing about their relationship showed anything remotely like what happened in the last episode. Manipulating men to steal art... oh okay. But I'm being forced to because someone kidnapped my brother... uh okay. Whole thing was just so hamfisted and uninspired.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 21, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Not once, but TWICE they used the whole "Wynn and Jimmy get the poo poo kicked out of them before the rest of the DEO shows up" thing.

At least the 2nd time they tied to handwave it away with "traffic."

DEO sucks at logistics.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Burning_Monk posted:

Really didn't like how Wynn's girlfriend turned heel for seemly drama only reasons. Nothing about their relationship showed anything remotely like what happened in the last episode. Manipulating men to steal art... oh okay. But I'm being forced to because someone kidnapped my brother... uh okay. Whole thing was just so hamfisted and uninspired.

:jerkbag:"Guys we are set to wrap pretty soon and Sorbo is being a Diva because he is having flashbacks to the 1990s when he was king poo poo on Hercules Legendary Journeys. What do we got?"
:shrug:"What do you mean"
:jerkbag:"We need a couple more B plots, and probably an episode where we turn one of them into the A plot and have the 3 minutes we could get Sorbo out of his trailer turned into the B plot"
:shrug:"Uhhhhhhhhhhhh We are wrapping in like two weeks. I don't know what you........"
:jerkbag:"ART HEIST. Wynn is dating an alien. Get this, her race can't be photographed or recorded on video somehow. Wynn is a dork so like, she was using him. Get Wynn and Alien lady in here immediately"
:shrug: "They have a great relationship, we've already established......"
:jerkbag: *Points toward trailer where Sorbo is screaming about his Tiara*

bull3964 posted:

Not once, but TWICE they used the whole "Wynn and Jimmy get the poo poo kicked out of them before the rest of the DEO shows up" thing.

At least the 2nd time they tied to handwave it away with "traffic."

DEO sucks at logistics.

I feel like Jimmy should actually be a badass for once to give him some credibility. Every time he shows up as Guardian my reaction is usually matching the villains, rolling my eyes, right before they throw him through a wall.

The DEO is basically magic, you can't get some kind of technobabble laser fists or something? Alex went all Elysium with kryptonite exo-skeletons and swords and poo poo.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 21, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Space Crabs posted:

I feel like Jimmy should actually be a badass for once to give him some credibility. Every time he shows up as Guardian my reaction is usually matching the villains, rolling my eyes, right before they throw him through a wall. several sheets of glass that are just hanging up randomly around the room.

FTFY

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Who's idea was it to shoot Wynn and his girlfriend's final conversation through a window from the other room? The way they blocked the shots, I though they were separated by glass due to the reflection until the final kiss.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Earth 38 obviously had a bustling economy that revolves around large panes of stunt grade glass.

It's only logical that there 4'x8' panes of glass randomly hanging up after the window pane surplus of '16.

That warehouse is also apparently the universal constant, existing in all realities simultaneously.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Kara's earth has metahumans, but was there a STARLabs explosion? I call bullshit. Bullshit!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xealot posted:

Kara's earth has metahumans, but was there a STARLabs explosion? I call bullshit. Bullshit!

Barry explicitly says in last year's crossover that Earth-38 doesn't have STAR Labs, a Harrison Wells, Caitlyn Snow of Cisco Ramon (and, assumably, a Barry Allen or any other member of the extended Flash family).

Though there's been plenty of non-STAR Labs poo poo that's made people metahumans in all but name on Supergirl (see: Livewire), so who honestly knows where Music Meister comes from :shrug:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I thought this episode was pretty lovely, tbh. Fingers crossed the actual musical episode is good tonight

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
You know, I'm kind of hoping that after a season of building them up to be bad people / potential villains that Lar-Gand and Rhea just turn out to be nothing more than Mon-El's stern, disapproving conservative helicopter parents. That would be a pretty sweet troll on the audience, not gonna lie.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I like it when Alex saves Jimmy and Winn cause she's bad rear end. I liked this episode , but still can't but laugh at how much Jimmy get's his rear end kicked on this show.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
HOW DID YOU GET OUT OF THAT CELL!?!?

But seriously, that was a pretty interesting crossover/Musical episode. Completely forgot about the parallel between Kara/Mon-El and Barry/Iris breakup, that was the entire plot of the Musical basically. Wasn't expecting any Legends of Tomorrow characters to be in the Musical though, that was fun.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I know how Music Meister's powers work in this universe but I'm still disappointed Kara just didn't bust out into GOTTTTTTTA DANCE or something after he escaped.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Not nearly enough singing.

But we've learned that Supergirl puts the Kara in karaoke, so hopefully we have that to look forward to.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is the president in Supergirl still an alien, btw?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is the president in Supergirl still an alien, btw?
Presumably yes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wasn't sure because I don't remember her being in it since either the second or third episode of this season, and wasn't sure if they'd revisited that plot in the meantime and I'd just forgotten. :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wasn't sure because I don't remember her being in it since either the second or third episode of this season, and wasn't sure if they'd revisited that plot in the meantime and I'd just forgotten. :shrug:

considering she was a thinly veiled stand-in for Hillary I'd be shocked if she wasn't quietly replaced with an old senile man with a brain parasite attached to his skull

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Watch this space next Monday.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

This show needs more men on it for Kara to date and dump mercilessly :colbert:

I am only like 50% serious on that one. I'm firmly in the camp that says Kara should just be a strong, single independent woman who doesn't need a boyfriend and continue the show's unabated streak of trolling conservatives and MRAs.

Kara brutally dumping Mon El was loving awesome, only for it to be dialed back to point zero in the Flash crossover. Lame.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ruddiger posted:

Kara brutally dumping Mon El was loving awesome, only for it to be dialed back to point zero in the Flash crossover. Lame.

They do have amazing chemistry. The best chemistry of any CWDC couple to be honest.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Aleph Null posted:

They do have amazing chemistry. The best chemistry of any CWDC couple to be honest.

Lena and Kara have better chemistry :colbert:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

aBagorn posted:

Lena and Kara have better chemistry :colbert:

Keep telling yourself that

karaicecream.gifs

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Keep telling yourself that