Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah but did you hear about the animations though, worst game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
only REAL mass effect fans can enjoy andromeda. are you a REAL mass effect fan?

i am

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't even like videogames... They're for nerds. I'm only here for the alien butt

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zzulu posted:

http://i.imgur.com/FpN5a5Z.gifv

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
You could do that pretty easily as the Phoenix in ME:3 MP. Their combo would send NPCs flying.

Heres my Ryder:

StarbloodKiss fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 24, 2017

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Welp, was about to write off the story as predictable and tepid, but the finale of Hunting the Archon changed that. The choice is simple and not unexpected, but the voice actors for Drack and Raeka nailed it. Chose Raeka, and Drack's "Earn this" was perfect.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
game is good to sum ppl

game is bad 2 sum ppl

the truth is out there

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Are SMG's any good in this game? I'm playing as adept / sentinel with singularity, overload and throw equipped at the moment. I have enough resources and blueprints to make a gun but I'm indecisive over what to make.
If SMG's are good, any particular standouts? I think I have the blueprints to the Hurricane and maybe another, I can't remember without checking.
Any recommendations for a good gun loadout for biotic Ryder's?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Played for a few minutes, and the biggest complaint I have so far is that the intro being unskippable is pointless, as well as having that long flight be unskippable as well.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Helith posted:

Are SMG's any good in this game? I'm playing as adept / sentinel with singularity, overload and throw equipped at the moment. I have enough resources and blueprints to make a gun but I'm indecisive over what to make.
If SMG's are good, any particular standouts? I think I have the blueprints to the Hurricane and maybe another, I can't remember without checking.

Hurricane is very good, give it a try but save first in case you don't like it. That's good advice in general when crafting weapons, I came up with a bunch of weapon/augment combos that SEEMED good/cool but have a fatal flaw or just kind of suck overall. Whatever you do don't pick a continuous beam weapon, their damage is absurdly low for some reason (I guess to make up for perfect accuracy, but it's still not worth it whatsoever, the beam sniper rifle takes four seconds of continuous fire to kill a single ushielded grunt on NORMAL).

Edit: VV Geralt's hair looks good because CD Projekt put a loving drumptruck-full of cold hard cash into it - the same thing ME:A execs tried to do with facial animations before realizing that it's much harder to do in the USA then it is in Poland! A lot of the game's problems come down to comically poor project management and consequential brain-drain, and could have been fixed if Bioware/EA actually put in the effort rather then just relying on name recognition to move product, but I fully support their decision not to devote 5% of their total budget or whatever to a fairly minor cosmetic issue.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 24, 2017

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
videogames seem incapable of designing good haircuts for ur main character (except geralt wit the good hair)

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
do u think lambert hated geralt because he was blessed with good hair from the grasses?

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

videogames seem incapable of designing good haircuts for ur main character (except geralt wit the good hair)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I spent all my resources making beam weapons :(

The beam assault rifle isn't terrible once upgraded, but it doesnt exactly feel great either

infinite ammo is cool tho

Plus, beams r cool

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zzulu posted:

The beam assault rifle isn't terrible once upgraded, but it doesnt exactly feel great either

Plus, beams r cool

I made the three-round burst Remnant rifle and I love it. It kills a little slower than the Valkyrie, but ME1-style infinite ammo is too good to pass up, plus I dig the design and pew-pew noises.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can someone explain what the grenade augs and stuff actually does?

What happens when I put the "makes all bullets INTO GRENADES" on my gun? Because it sounds too good to be true

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Plus, beams r cool

Yeah, the effect is rad as hell, it's just that they're suboptimal as gently caress and I'm a huge munchkin. Like, the P. A. W. isn't awful but it's worse then the Revenant, a LESS RARE gun, in every way except accuracy.

Serf posted:

I made the three-round burst Remnant rifle and I love it. It kills a little slower than the Valkyrie, but ME1-style infinite ammo is too good to pass up, plus I dig the design and pew-pew noises.

The non-beam Remnant weapons are cool (if still underpowered), the Scattershot may not pack the biggest punch but it recharges almost instantly, if you could make it auto it'd be the most fun weapon in the game/series.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

isk posted:

Welp, was about to write off the story as predictable and tepid, but the finale of Hunting the Archon changed that. The choice is simple and not unexpected, but the voice actors for Drack and Raeka nailed it. Chose Raeka, and Drack's "Earn this" was perfect.

More on Hunting the Archon -

Replayed this and made the other choice. The game did a reaaaaaaally good job of making me feel lovely for a selfish, symbolic choice. All through the mission you're told how valuable Raeka and her team are, so choosing the other path isn't easy. Wonder how it'd play out with Drack actually present. Either way, the fallout seems to be less when choosing the scouts, so it seems like this is the "right" choice. Still feel crappy about it.

Probably the first story beat in the game I've been thoroughly impressed with. Others have been okay-to-good, but this one is the kind of stuff I'd hoped for.

Zzulu posted:

Can someone explain what the grenade augs and stuff actually does?

What happens when I put the "makes all bullets INTO GRENADES" on my gun? Because it sounds too good to be true

It literally does that. Sticky grenades turn into sticky grenades. Tried it with a pistol and a vintage heat sink, wasn't bad in a pinch but not plentiful or versatile enough to use all the time. Worth considering in addition to a more reliable all-rounder.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
What the loving gently caress?

Compare my level with the Nexus level and the amount of stuff done. Apparently the game removed all my weapons, all my XP, all my skill points. I had to revert to a hour old save. What the hell?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Decius posted:

Compare my level with the Nexus level and the amount of stuff done. Apparently the game removed all my weapons, all my XP, all my skill points. I had to revert to a hour old save. What the hell?

Wooooooow. My guess would have been 'respec glitched out somehow' but it deleted your ITEMS too? That's pretty loving bad.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
can i put the grenade aug into a beam weapon :getin:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Decius posted:

Why do we fall, Master Bruce?

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
This is my Ryder.

The co-pilot or whatever she is on the ship has the same hairstyle, which is lame.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
awkward

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Abyss posted:

Found an interesting bug on Eos, spoilered just in case.

After escaping the vault and getting the atmosphere online, I remembered that they had said something about a room that was behind a barrier, but that it was gone when i was running for my life. I went back into the vault, thinking I could retrace my steps and get the stuff there, but turns out that it restarted the priority mission. However, PeeBee is now invisible, everything in the vault is explored, and there's no way to go back to a previous save because the game now thinks I'm on the priority mission yet again. At least I looked in every side room, here's hoping the enemies don't respawn.

I encountered this exact problem, had a laugh, loaded a previous save.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pretty clear sign that they didn't actually playtest teh game very much

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Varam posted:

This is my Ryder.

The co-pilot or whatever she is on the ship has the same hairstyle, which is lame.

My Ryder has the exact same hairstyle AND colour as Addison :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
my dad ryder had more magnificent hair, but he ded

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Helith posted:

The hornet is the best smg/pistol hands down for damage and accuracy. Its a gold weapon which is funny because the ultra rare eagle is literally the same gun but worse.

I'm about half way through and after not liking adept much at all early, I've broken the game at 36 just mowing through stuff on insanity by playing full engi.

Engineer is basically a better adept, and closer to the warp/throw adept of mass effect 3. It deals with everything using 3 skills, does massive tech/fire explosion damage, is fairly tanky, and with a few items can be played as a pure caster.

The only skills you need are overload, energy drain, and incinerate. Take all cooldown talents, take the priming talents for energy drain and incinerate, take anti shield for overload and energy drain and anti armor for incinerate. Now all of your skills can prime and detonate creating combos, you also easily strip shields and melt armor.

Fill out your passive trees making sure to get the 35% elemental damage buff, the omni tool cooldown talent, and the health regen at the end of team support. You now refill health every time you use a power.

Finally, I got the full angara guerilla tech set, the armor mod that gives 50% extra cdr in exchange for -30% weapon damage, and kitted out an ulshior V with 20% power damage with full clip, 2x 5% tech damage and 2x 5% tech skill recharge. Last I checked my 15 second skills recharge in under 6 seconds.

This is the most broken build I've come up with and even insanity is super easy now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just realized that the game doesn't take screenshots when pressing prnt scrn and my screenshot program wasn't taking them either because the program crashed and didn't save my settings. god damnit.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Frustrated posted:

The hornet is the best smg/pistol hands down for damage and accuracy. Its a gold weapon which is funny because the ultra rare eagle is literally the same gun but worse.

I'm about half way through and after not liking adept much at all early, I've broken the game at 36 just mowing through stuff on insanity by playing full engi.

Engineer is basically a better adept, and closer to the warp/throw adept of mass effect 3. It deals with everything using 3 skills, does massive tech/fire explosion damage, is fairly tanky, and with a few items can be played as a pure caster.

The only skills you need are overload, energy drain, and incinerate. Take all cooldown talents, take the priming talents for energy drain and incinerate, take anti shield for overload and energy drain and anti armor for incinerate. Now all of your skills can prime and detonate creating combos, you also easily strip shields and melt armor.

Fill out your passive trees making sure to get the 35% elemental damage buff, the omni tool cooldown talent, and the health regen at the end of team support. You now refill health every time you use a power.

Finally, I got the full angara guerilla tech set, the armor mod that gives 50% extra cdr in exchange for -30% weapon damage, and kitted out an ulshior V with 20% power damage with full clip, 2x 5% tech damage and 2x 5% tech skill recharge. Last I checked my 15 second skills recharge in under 6 seconds.

This is the most broken build I've come up with and even insanity is super easy now.

Well, I know what I'm doing on MY theoretical next playthrough.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

StarbloodKiss posted:

You could do that pretty easily as the Phoenix in ME:3 MP. Their combo would send NPCs flying.

Anyone with Lash can do it if you learn to arc it over someone's head. Even shielded enemies, if you take the piercing evolution, get a one-way ticket to the stratosphere.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Changing Ryder from a soldier spec to a biotic spec is stolen valour.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Frustrated posted:

This is good stuff, thanks! I LOVED engineer in ME3 so it's great to hear that it's as broken and fun in Andromeda. If I don't respec I'll be copying this for my MaleRyder playthrough.
I'm going to look and see if I can make the hornet, I'm still really early on only just picked up Jaal so lots of game to go and stuff to try out.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Bud K ninja sword posted:

my dad ryder had more magnificent hair, but he ded

Jesus that's, like, six- or may even seven-head.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

marshmallow creep posted:

Jesus that's, like, seven or eight-head.

dont make fun of my big head. I had a team of expert mass effecters recreate my visage painstakingly you meaniehead.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zzulu posted:

:agreed: they are very bad animations

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Video Games in the act of probating Utnayan.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Bud K ninja sword posted:

dont make fun of my big head. I had a team of expert mass effecters recreate my visage painstakingly you meaniehead.

head big, so what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

marshmallow creep posted:

head big, so what?

its helps for headbutting