Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Powershift posted:

We might get Vettel vs Bottas, but Hamilton is going to run away the whole time.

They don't have a german driver to protect, so they probably won't be sabotaging his engine much either.

Finland is close enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

I know it's early days but Vandorne isn't really impressing me with these times here.

Give him time, he's used to a faster car.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1500quidporsche posted:

I know it's early days but Ferrari isn't really impressing me with these times here.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I haven't seen any of the new cars out and moving until FP2 just now, and I've decided I like the overall proportions of the cars this year way better (tyres and wings look much better) but I'm still not convinced by the shark fins.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

The fat rear tires look like total poo poo.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Kilmers Elbow posted:

The fat rear tires look like total poo poo.

This is a bad opinion and you're a bad person for having it.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
there goes another one

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They shouldn't have changed the front width to be honest. It'd make the cars look much better that way.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So best case scenario the Ferraris split the Mercedes and hope for the best, right?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Argus Zant posted:

it still weirds me out that RBR's livery, seen from the front, looks like some kind of toxic jungle frog

The Toro Rosso?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

So best case scenario the Ferraris split the Mercedes and hope for the best, right?

We won't really know where everybody is at until Q2 or Q3. One would hope that Ferrari have learnt their lesson from last year and haven't played their cards too early but who knows.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Dubs posted:

The Toro Rosso?

no, not the soda-can Toro Rosso, i'm talking the Red Bull Racing livery

when the camera looks at them dead-on from the front, it looks like the car's nose is decorated with a big yellow cartoon frog that's got bulging red eyes

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My bold prediction is that Pat is going to get Ted punched.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

1500quidporsche posted:

We won't really know where everybody is at until Q2 or Q3. One would hope that Ferrari have learnt their lesson from last year and haven't played their cards too early but who knows.

Would be odd to be sandbagging that much more than Merc in practice, as Merc turns everything down significantly for practice and their real pace is always hidden until qualifying. Hamilton's race runs pace was 1+ seconds quicker than the Ferrari's - that is some significant gap.

As you say we won't really know until after qualifying tomorrow but the signs are looking good for a very dominate Hamilton year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

He was on softer tyres...

Pace doesn't mean poo poo till quali

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

learnincurve posted:

Ted punched.

Is this a sex move?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

*wakes up*

*Looks at times*

Well, better luck next year everyone else!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis was on a softer tyre. What you didn't see was that Red Bull have put the new aero bits on the car and they are sliding all over the track.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Argus Zant posted:

when the camera looks at them dead-on from the front, it looks like the car's nose is decorated with a big yellow cartoon frog that's got bulging red eyes
Cannot unsee.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

caught a little bit of P2 this morning before I went out for my run, I'm loving that sector breakdown thing

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Goddamn it these testing times are just making the balls bluer and bluer.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Goddamn Brazil 2001 is crazy, poor Montoya . Kimi's debut too.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
1. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:24.220
2. Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:24.803
3. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull 1:24.886
4. Max Verstappen Red Bull 1:25.246
5. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1:25.372

1. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:23.620
2. Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:24.167
3. Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:24.176
4. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1:24.525
5. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull 1:24.650

Boy oh boy is this gonna be swell

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'm really hoping something totally wild happens tomorrow tbh, it's going to be disappointing if the reasonable and predictable thing happens and Mercedes reveals they were sandbagging and just loving drives away with it

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

no, not the soda-can Toro Rosso, i'm talking the Red Bull Racing livery

Frog in the car.
Frog on the car.
hop, hop hop to the win

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

It's 4 engines for the season, right? We know from last year at least that Merc reliability can be in jeopardy when they "turn the wick up"

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

By the way, when I was buying a domain for my crappy blog, I also bought assf1.com

I don't really know what to do with it. I could just put lots of pictures of grid girls' (and drivers'?) bums on there but tbh I'm not a sleaze toad. So if any of you have any good ideas, I'm listening. Maybe something to do with Haas?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

simplefish posted:

It's 4 engines for the season, right? We know from last year at least that Merc reliability can be in jeopardy when they "turn the wick up"

~1 second across the top 5 is pretty cool, and unless Merc are really dropping an anchor they'll not be comfortable.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

simplefish posted:

By the way, when I was buying a domain for my crappy blog, I also bought assf1.com

I don't really know what to do with it. I could just put lots of pictures of grid girls' (and drivers'?) bums on there but tbh I'm not a sleaze toad. So if any of you have any good ideas, I'm listening. Maybe something to do with Haas?

A picture of the Mclaren-Honda and then just fill the rest up with the unicode poop emote.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

simplefish posted:

Sound of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

With a huge image of Lance Stroll's face filling the page.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

gret posted:

Is anyone watching this on Sky Q Ultra HD?

Yes and it's sick.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Powershift posted:

We might get Vettel vs Bottas, but Hamilton is going to run away the whole time.

They don't have a german driver to protect, so they probably won't be sabotaging his engine much either.

Finland fought alongside the axis powers. Pretty sure we all know where German loyalties lie here.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

You shut your whore mouth

Rottbott
Jul 27, 2006
DMC

simplefish posted:

As if starting from the back a couple of times will stop them.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Bryter posted:

Finland fought alongside the axis powers. Pretty sure we all know where German loyalties lie here.

Eh, in the end, they turned on the Germans.

Only country to fight successful campaigns against both sides in the war.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress, i bought into the scud studs hype despite hating ferrari and put 2 of them on the podium. My predictions are hosed.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
For gently caress sake, honda.
seriously.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kilonum posted:

Eh, in the end, they turned on the Germans.

Only country to fight successful campaigns against both sides in the war.

I think Russia might qualify for that one as well.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Italy and Romania were the big "Both sides" players. Hard to say how they werent successful (i guess assistance by the allies?). Finland was just pissed that germany was burning things on the way out, barely anyone died.

Anyway,

HAM in P1: "Im excited to see where they stand, whether we're ahead or they're behind (...)

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

aequalis posted:

You shut your whore mouth

Yea, that OP really needs to shut the heck up.

• Locked thread