Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I've literally cried over whether or not to purchase this golf game today, christ.

Please don't cry :( I've played a lot of golf games and while I love them all this is the only one that truly feels deterministic. It's given me powerful, revelatory experiences about what an arcade game should be like. I recommend it unless you particularly need the money.

Not that I condone :filez: or anything, but you could, of course, try it on FightCade first if you haven't already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

My kingdom for a Ribbit King 2 on the Switch

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Solution to Switch not connecting to the eShop :siren:

You need to RESTART the Switch.

Steps
1.) On the Home screen HOLD down the power button and a menu will appear
2.) Select Power Options
3.) Select Restart (Or Power Off)
4.) Switch will restart and you'll be able to connect to the eShop again!

Sleep mode will NOT fix this, it has to be a proper restart or power cycle.

I tried manual DNS settings, turning on my old 2.4Ghz wifi, tethering to my phone, etc, etc.
Just needed a restart

:v:

That's so weird but thanks for this!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's so weird but thanks for this!

Did it work for you?

If so :hfive:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Infinitum posted:

Did it work for you?

If so :hfive:

Like a charm, the eShop failed to load earlier in the day so I just thought it was down I tried to see if it was fixed after reading your post and it was a no go, a quick restart though and it's working.

:hfive:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:yeah:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would have been fuckin pissed off if I couldn't connect to splatfest in :woop: 12 hours time :woop:

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
My switch is good and Zelda is amazing.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I hope you'll enjoy your experience with the Splatoon 2 Testfire. I'm just going to watch the Nintendo Treehouse stream event today.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I cant believe people are so starved for games that they are buying an old rear end golf game on the Japanese store.

Mario Kart 8 cant come soon enough.

Though i'm only just starting Breath Of The Wild. My doctors appointment always has an hour long wait, so I bring my Switch today and the place is empty and I only wait 10 minutes.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

. My doctors appointment always has an hour long wait, so I bring my Switch today and the place is empty and I only wait 10 minutes.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to sink a few holes in Neo Turf Masters.

Damage8185
Mar 29, 2010
Is the sheikah slate carrying case worth $70 on eBay? I picked up the "quick start" carry case that had a screen protector and rubber grips but I've been eyeing the Zelda one. I saw it has a Velcro feature to hold the switch in place so that's neat.

If it's not worth the buy, what are some other cases worth buying? I feel like the case I have doesn't have enough room and I'm constantly traveling for work. Something with a hard shell would be nice.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ChocNitty posted:

I cant believe people are so starved for games that they are buying an old rear end golf game on the Japanese store.

Mario Kart 8 cant come soon enough.

Though i'm only just starting Breath Of The Wild. My doctors appointment always has an hour long wait, so I bring my Switch today and the place is empty and I only wait 10 minutes.

Haha, I'm glad I never played Binding of Isaac before the Switch version came out. I might be fiending on this game harder than I did Zelda. It might be a little premature to say, but it feels like the anti-drought game. 2018 could see like no Switch games (for some reason) and I probably wouldn't even mind.

Damage8185 posted:

Is the sheikah slate carrying case worth $70 on eBay? I picked up the "quick start" carry case that had a screen protector and rubber grips but I've been eyeing the Zelda one. I saw it has a Velcro feature to hold the switch in place so that's neat.

If it's not worth the buy, what are some other cases worth buying? I feel like the case I have doesn't have enough room and I'm constantly traveling for work. Something with a hard shell would be nice.

Hell fuckin' no it's not; it's just a case. The RDS Industries hard case is really similar to the Zelda one, and it's only $20. A little hard to find right now, but it's better to wait than to pay $70. They make a bigger one for $30 that'll fit the entire contents of the Switch.

enojy fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 24, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I can't Splat tonight as I'll be at a football match, but I think I'll be able to Splat tomorrow and Sunday. :woop:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Damage8185 posted:

If you're going to spend 70 dollars on a case, at least get Waterfield's...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Solution to Switch not connecting to the eShop :siren:

You need to RESTART the Switch.

Steps
1.) On the Home screen HOLD down the power button and a menu will appear
2.) Select Power Options
3.) Select Restart (Or Power Off)
4.) Switch will restart and you'll be able to connect to the eShop again!

Sleep mode will NOT fix this, it has to be a proper restart or power cycle.

I tried manual DNS settings, turning on my old 2.4Ghz wifi, tethering to my phone, etc, etc.
Just needed a restart

:v:

I was having this exact issue but restarting it seemed to work!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I was having this exact issue but restarting it seemed to work!

I fixed it by changing my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as per some reddit thread. Worked for me, but I probably should've just restarted.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DoctorWhat posted:

god the Switch would be perfect for Ikaruga.

You can even do separate JoyCons for each ship

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gaspy Conana posted:

I fixed it by changing my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as per some reddit thread. Worked for me, but I probably should've just restarted.

I did this of my own volition yesterday cause it was just something I thought I should do since I do it to all my devices, but I still had to restart.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I LOVE Neo Turf Masters but I'll wait for confirmation that it doesn't have horrible input/sound lag like Metal Slug 3.

My friend who owns an actual Big Tournament Golf arcade board confirms no input lag and perfect sound.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I mean they patched the other games after release, presumably any new releases won't have similar issues now that they're aware of it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Please don't cry :( I've played a lot of golf games and while I love them all this is the only one that truly feels deterministic. It's given me powerful, revelatory experiences about what an arcade game should be like. I recommend it unless you particularly need the money.

Not that I condone :filez: or anything, but you could, of course, try it on FightCade first if you haven't already

You helped me through a really dark time and I thank you for that, kind goon. It's not the money, just the shame of purchasing a potentially subpar game. I've slept on this issue and discussed it with my partner for a few hours now, I think I may buy the golf game today.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You helped me through a really dark time and I thank you for that, kind goon. It's not the money, just the shame of purchasing a potentially subpar game. I've slept on this issue and discussed it with my partner for a few hours now, I think I may buy the golf game today.
Stay strong xx

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Neo Turf Masters is the greatest arcade golf game of all time. The controls are great, so they made the courses really crazy to compensate. Plus, stunning rotoscoped graphics and a jamming soundtrack

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've been as excited for a demo as I am today.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I bought one, now I just need to find somewhere that has the one good game in stock. In terms of screen protectors, which one should I buy please goon?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Crafty posted:

I bought one, now I just need to find somewhere that has the one good game in stock. In terms of screen protectors, which one should I buy please goon?

The amFilm Glass Protector is the best one for the Switch right now, and it's only $10.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Rirse posted:

The amFilm Glass Protector is the best one for the Switch right now, and it's only $10.

Thanks!

* that just cost me £13.84, switchin ain't cheap

Crafty fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 24, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
When i can i play this splatoon game in UK GMT time also are these squids related to the squids from super mario bros for the nes. What is the deep lore for this rich expanded universe?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

a potentially subpar game

This man doesn't know the meaning of subpar.

edit: Wait. Subpar is good in golf. I take it back.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually he knows it well because he's always getting sub par scores because he's the best golfer ever.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

When i can i play this splatoon game in UK GMT time also are these squids related to the squids from super mario bros for the nes. What is the deep lore for this rich expanded universe?

Even though I'm in the US it pisses me off that they can't figure out how to give times in UTC for a Global Testfire event. Especially when they scheduled it for a day where DST has only started in some regions.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Hi Switch thread, do I wake up at 3 frigging AM to play Splatoon 2 or do I just deal with only being able to play this game 4 times this weekend?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ink Jet
Tenta Missles
SplashDown
Sting Ray

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Out of all of them, I think Splashdown is the JAM. The fact you can do it during a super jump to do a great surprise kill is wonderful.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SPLAT SPLAT BITCHES

Dualies or bust.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

enojy posted:

Hell fuckin' no it's not; it's just a case. The RDS Industries hard case is really similar to the Zelda one, and it's only $20. A little hard to find right now, but it's better to wait than to pay $70. They make a bigger one for $30 that'll fit the entire contents of the Switch.

I looked at the RDS case and a distressing number of the reviews talk about how it smells like an ashtray and made their switch and hands and such stink like crazy. Did any of you run into this? Are they all like that or is it some QC issue?

The Hori one looks pretty good but I'm worried about availability.

Edit: gently caress it, Amazon has a good return policy. If it stinks I'll return it.

ssb fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 24, 2017

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Deltron 3030 posted:

They do a pretty good job in Splatoon grouping by skill level in Ranked Battles, so you shouldn't get crushed by pros, generally.

On that note I'm kinda hoping we don't need to grind in Turf Wars to Level 10 before doing Ranked Battles this time, but probably...

I hope that turf wars are a part of ranked battles, and likewise that all the tower/rain maker/splat zone all can be played unranked.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Kashuno posted:

Out of all of them, I think Splashdown is the JAM. The fact you can do it during a super jump to do a great surprise kill is wonderful.

Yeah, at first I thought it looked worthless (cause to get that close in most situations you'd already be dead), but it's a wonderful balance to the jump indicators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok... You all have me intrigued by Neo Turf Masters.

On a scale between Hot Shots Golf and Tiger Woods, how hardcore/sim/serious is it? Or is it truly arcadey and fun?

• Locked thread