Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aww I did that thing where you wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lurdiak posted:

Aww I did that thing where you wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. :(

Find something soothing to read or watch! My go-to for zoning out in bed is reading, as that usually helps my brain latch onto something while I calm down.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Reading a book or listening to something is better than watching! The light from screens makes it harder for you to sleep cause your brain interprets it as daylight and thinks you should wake up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I can't do the listening thing cuz all my listening material is internet people who don't have inside voices, so it inevitably wakes me up 10 minutes after I fall asleep.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I listen to math videos on youtube until I fall asleep. I would also recommend running 10 miles every day of your life.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Got my hands on the rest of Hitman and figured that yeah, even though I've never played Colorado before sure I could take an elusive target in there!

No. No I couldn't. Got shot before I even got one disguise. I'm getting better at Hitman but I am not a good player by any stretch of the imagination. Oh well! Fingers crossed the next one comes in Paris or Sapienza, my favorite places. (So far.)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

In conclusion do not be me: get all of Hitman in the first place, or else you'll have to shill out the extra five bucks or so to finish your collection. The game is that good.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I really wanna play the new Nier, I just don't want to play $60 for it when I know I'm about to spend these ducats on Persona

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Would it be weird to talk about a game the company you are working for is making? But you yourself are not involved in the game development.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

In conclusion do not be me: get all of Hitman in the first place, or else you'll have to shill out the extra five bucks or so to finish your collection. The game is that good.

I tried to warn you!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sefal posted:

Would it be weird to talk about a game the company you are working for is making? But you yourself are not involved in the game development.

I don't think it'd be weird to be like "hey y'all check this out" but if it's bad we're gonna make fun of it and you

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I tried to warn you!

You did, and thank you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Got my hands on the rest of Hitman and figured that yeah, even though I've never played Colorado before sure I could take an elusive target in there!

No. No I couldn't. Got shot before I even got one disguise. I'm getting better at Hitman but I am not a good player by any stretch of the imagination. Oh well! Fingers crossed the next one comes in Paris or Sapienza, my favorite places. (So far.)

At least you gave it a shot. Colorado is also probably the trickiest map so you just went all in on that one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's also not a very good elusive target

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

In Training posted:

At least you gave it a shot. Colorado is also probably the trickiest map so you just went all in on that one.

I was expecting guards, not fifty guards from all directions :saddowns:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anybody cares and has a JP PSN account, there's a Ys VIII demo up there now. Could be worth checking out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Thinking of getting a PS4 this summer. Is this good idea and if so what should I play on it (note that I don't have a good computer so crossplatform stuff is fine)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

colorado reminds me of the bad hitman 2 maps. probably because it's a bad map with a weird objective.

i don't know why some people hate marrakesh though, it's really good

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Marrakesh is fun because I managed to set the general on fire and watch him dance for a bit before I ran off and found my other target vomiting in a bathroom. I hadn't even poisoned anything!

Which is to say it's a cool place to explore with some goofy deaths and sooner or later I'll free myself from Sapienza and learn how to do it all in my suit.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Sorry for the doublepost, two things

1. I think people don't like Marrakesh because it feels so disjointed. Here's a bustling marketplace, a Metal Gear Solid sneaky school zone, a riot/protest that's tiny, and the consulate itself is a quiet business building. Neat places, but they do not gel together.

2. https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/844975264899620864

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

Thinking of getting a PS4 this summer. Is this good idea and if so what should I play on it (note that I don't have a good computer so crossplatform stuff is fine)

Bloodborne, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev. 2, Nier: Automata, Nioh, probably other stuff I'm forgetting but that's recent games that pop out. Persona 5.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really wish I knew why Uncharted 4 is $30 more expensive if you buy it digitally.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nathan Drake has always taken a hard line on piracy

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Nate RFB posted:

I really wish I knew why Uncharted 4 is $30 more expensive if you buy it digitally.

Stupid stuff like that is, why Digital stores haven't completely taken over retail stores.

*I still prefer to buy retail not because of the price but because I like to own the physical boxes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Do steam reviews disappear when you refund a game? Because they probably should.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's frustrating because up to this point in my PS4 owning infancy, I have thus been able to download all of my games digitally but that'll likely be the lone exception. It'll just sit there, on a shelf, by itself, mocking me.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Bloodborne, Nier, Nioh and Horizon Zero Dawn are probably the best what the platform has to offer. The Last of Us Remastered and Uncharted 4 if you're ok with a more mainstream games. Mass Effect: Andromeda for the Law&Order experience.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Yakuza 0, the best Shenmue game never made

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tales of berseria fucko

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Yakuza 0 does look pretty awesome

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I can't do the listening thing cuz all my listening material is internet people who don't have inside voices, so it inevitably wakes me up 10 minutes after I fall asleep.

For next time this happens know that they've put the entirety of Bob Ross' show on Youtube if you need something soothing to fall asleep to.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I've been getting poo poo sleep all week and had a really long day at work, but new Gorillaz dropped today so it's still a good fuckin day :cool:

Leave it to the Games chat thread to be the way I find out about new Gorillaz, :hellyeah:

(also I liked Plastic Beach)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sefal posted:

I worked on every Disney Infinity game and have talked about it here so if they haven't run me out, then you should be fine. Just don't break any NDAs or whatever.

Edit: Or do, what do I care.

mutata fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 24, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm Shigeru Miyamoto and there haven't been any issues

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

exquisite tea posted:

I listen to math videos on youtube until I fall asleep. I would also recommend running 10 miles every day of your life.

Math videos are too interesting for me. I recommend listening to people unbox new games. That may be the most boring thing on youtube that is games related. Outside games, maybe scrapbook enthusiast channels?

Harrow posted:

(also I liked Plastic Beach)

It's a really good album! Something about the way they did the sound makes it feel "alive" in a way the previous albums did not, even though I very much enjoyed them as well.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lurdiak posted:

Have a wank

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bloodychill posted:

Math videos are too interesting for me. I recommend listening to people unbox new games. That may be the most boring thing on youtube that is games related. Outside games, maybe scrapbook enthusiast channels?

Some friends of ours have a 5-year old kid who, no joke, screams at the top of her lungs in every social situation EXCEPT when they put on youtube videos of people unboxing My Little Pony figurines. The kid sits there just totally enamored by that poo poo while a pair of hands fumbles around trying to untie the little plastic wires. Totally blows my mind.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Heavy Metal posted:

On video game writers, I gotta say that guy Sam Lake is awesome, love Max Payne. Plus he looks like Max Payne! In High School that game got me into film noir and whatnot, I still think Lake has a very fun voice and in general is a great writer.

I adored Max Payne 1 and 2, and was sorely disappointed by Max Payne 3. I probably should've expected that after development moved from Remedy/Sam Lake to Rockstar. It seemed like mediocre Max Payne fanfic to me. But perhaps things improved later in the game, I only lasted a few hours before I gave up. (The gameplay did nothing for me. Max Payne ain't supposed to be a cover shooter.)

I do know MP3 has its fans, though. I wonder how many MP3 fans played that as their first Max Payne game, versus people like me who had their expectations set with 1 and 2.

(Also I kinda enjoyed Alan Wake and was a bit sad when they got rid of constipated-Sam-Lake-face in Max Payne 2, so maybe I'm just a sucker for Sam Lake.)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Sometimes I fall asleep watching How It's Made. It's like the perfect combination of being interesting enough that if I don't sleep I'm not angry that it's on, and boring enough that it can lull me to sleep most of the time anyway :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

fridge corn posted:

Have a wank

Please don't sexually harass me.

• Locked thread