Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just checked and America seems to not be great again yet why is Trump dragging his feet guys

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i feel like the movie Dumb and Dumber is a great analogy to the Democrat's 2016 campaign because in their desperate quest for victory Hillary blows millions to no effect while being stupid and Bernie shits himself to death as a result of getting hosed over by the other one, they are both fighting for the same thing and they both fail

America is the kid in the wheelchair with the parrot, checks out.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
America is the briefcase full of IOUs.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Bernie's capitulation to the BLM protesters really helped him win the black vote and secure the primaries.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
so trump just gathered up the entire AHCA, rolled it up into a football, and threw a hail mary and it's still airborne until saturday

say what you want about the guy, he keeps things interesting

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i am uncontrollable burping with trump vids

gonna need to piss soon

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I love how Jukebox Hero was forever owned when someone exposed that he was a vagina hat wearing idiot who considered suicide due to this dumb election just loving lmao

Can someone please link this hilarious thread where D&D had to have trigger warnings and suicide hotline posts because holy hell ahahahahahahahahaha

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
A man i dont like will be president for less than a decade let me kill myself ahahahahahaha is there anything more pathetic

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think this Trump guy might not be a very good president. In fact, it looks like he'll be one of the bad ones

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

SBJ posted:

A man i dont like will be president for less than a decade let me kill myself ahahahahahaha is there anything more pathetic

"This dudes gonna say dumb poo poo for a miniscule amount of time relative to my lifespan, better kill myself!"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I remember being crushed when W. Bush won re-election (first Presidential election I could vote) because his first term had been a disaster and everybody knew it was only going to get worse in the second but still re-elected him. Didn't have thoughts about self-harm even as the bodies continued to pile up and the economy crashed, though. When you see things falling apart it's time to start working on solutions, not turning to despair.

It's easy to forget that young people entering adulthood have a much more myopic perspective on Presidential elections. Someone who spent their childhood hearing negative things about W Bush as background noise and spent the last half of their life satisfied with Obama in the WH are going to have a harder time when, for the first time ever, their preferred candidate loses. Others who have watched 5+ Presidents finish their terms without the world ending will have a broader perspective.

Particularly hard on them when it's a gross prick like Trump, and, y'know, people will actually die as a direct result of his policies. If the worst a President could do is say stupid poo poo, only a few people would care.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Young people are very stupid

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

Particularly hard on them when it's a gross prick like Trump, and, y'know, people will actually die as a direct result of his policies.

As long as its brown children in the desert with drone strikes, it's a-ok - Modern Leftist

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

As long as its brown children in the desert with drone strikes, it's a-ok - Modern Leftist

"Everyone must die to enrich my lord Trump" -spunky.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

people are very stupid

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

"Everyone must die to enrich my lord Trump" -spunky.

Half the people in these forums want death to all humanity, whats the problem

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Most of them will get better. Perspectives aren't reality, and a lot of young people have the perspective that the good guy in the WH got replaced by the bad guy and it's the first time they've had to live without the mental safety net of having "their guy" in control.

Some of them will never get better.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Half the people in these forums want death to all humanity, whats the problem

Yeah but that's general in thought that it will vastly improve the remaining half's lives, you just want to gently caress everyone into a lovely corporatist dystopia, to improve only the lives of Trump and his inner circle.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

theperminator posted:

"This dudes gonna say dumb poo poo for a miniscule amount of time relative to my lifespan, better kill myself!"

I'd be pissed as gently caress if I killed myself because of trump cause he's already the worst president in american history and I don't actually want this poo poo to end. Give him 20 years of honking truck horns while nothing he tries to legislate passes

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Yeah but that's general in thought that it will vastly improve the remaining half's lives, you just want to gently caress everyone into a lovely corporatist dystopia, to improve only the lives of Trump and his inner circle.

That's what Hillary plan was. That's the globalist agenda. You can see it in how companies like Uber operate. They're creating a thin crust of international elite that throw pennies to the peons!

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That's what Hillary plan was. That's the globalist agenda. You can see it in how companies like Uber operate. They're creating a thin crust of international elite that throw pennies to the peons!

At least you get pennies rather than nothing and a better framework for improving everything :shrug:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I really don't care about building the corporate empire in 3rd world countries while having my quality of life be brought down at the same time, that's not a trade I want to make

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Weird that the economy has literally always performed better under democrats, which even Forbes of all things admits

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
America is great, Trump is great. Long live Trump!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

Weird that the economy has literally always performed better under democrats, which even Forbes of all things admits

If the left was actually functioning as the left it would be a different story but right now they're just global corporate stoolies

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

Don't you know that the economy will only be great again once we get rid of minimum wage and bring back Chinese slave factories to the united states? The country will be saved by 0.14$ a week jobs #MAGA

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Don't you know that the economy will only be great again once we get rid of minimum wage and bring back Chinese slave factories to the united states? The country will be saved by 0.14$ a week jobs #MAGA

Do you understand that Uber doesn't follow minimum wage rules already

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If the left was actually functioning as the left it would be a different story but right now they're just global corporate stoolies

Why do you think the country is better financially under trump where the economy is 100% guaranteed to plummet as opposed to Clinton where it would, at worst, stagnate

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yeah and Uber's a bunch of pieces of poo poo, I don't see how emboldening them completely is going to make anything better.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why do you think the country is better financially under trump where the economy is 100% guaranteed to plummet as opposed to Clinton where it would, at worst, stagnate

Because the financial "success" we were having under Obama was a slow sell-out to global corporations that was bleeding us dry, while inflating our dollar by just printing money like crazy

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I really don't care about building the corporate empire in 3rd world countries while having my quality of life be brought down at the same time, that's not a trade I want to make

I like how the left has success managed to make this racist

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because the financial "success" we were having under Obama was a slow sell-out to global corporations that was bleeding us dry, while inflating our dollar by just printing money like crazy

first off lol in general at you thinking that you understand economics. secondary lol that you elected trump thinking this will change for your personal favor somehow.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I don't necesarily disagree but it's the exact same poo poo republicans were doing, and the exact same poo poo trump was already a part of? Aside from some small token efforts he isn't going to be changing the status quo on global trade

Everything else he's brought to the table is awful for the US economically so it's not even a wash, it's just plain terrible, short and long run

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Yeah and Uber's a bunch of pieces of poo poo, I don't see how emboldening them completely is going to make anything better.

Rahm Emanuel is a democrat and served in Obama's cabinet, and is the mayor of Chicago. His brother has millions invested in Uber.

Guess who keeps making sure Uber can operate in Chicago regardless of how many people object?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Rahm Emanuel is a democrat and served in Obama's cabinet, and is the mayor of Chicago. His brother has millions invested in Uber.

Guess who keeps making sure Uber can operate in Chicago regardless of how many people object?

Rahm Emanuel sucks but are you for or against what Uber is allowed to do? Where do you stand on the issue?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
loving lol. The economy does better under democrats! Quit complaining you slack jawed working poor stiffs! Forbes says it's alll goood

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

Rahm Emanuel sucks but are you for or against what Uber is allowed to do? Where do you stand on the issue?

Uber is great for consumers and really bad for workers, they're also hyper-expansionists

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Toadvine posted:

loving lol. The economy does better under democrats! Quit complaining you slack jawed working poor stiffs! Forbes says it's alll goood

Where is your argument that anything republicans do is good for America financially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

Where is your argument that anything republicans do is good for America financially

Starving working class stiffs motivates them into lucrative lives of debt and voting for Republicans

• Locked thread