Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

putin would never dare raise his hand against anime
*looks up nataliya poklonskaya's current site of employment* drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*looks up nataliya poklonskaya's current site of employment* drat

That the anime prosecutor of Crimea?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

That the anime prosecutor of Crimea?
:hai:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

Poklonskaya is deeply religious. In February 2017, she led a campaign to block the release of the film Matilda for its allegedly blasphemous portrayal of Tsar Nicholas II.[78]

Hmm

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

7am and I am looking outside at the 2cm thick sheet of ice covering everything thinking "I've seen worse, I can still make it to work". Calling for more freezing rain until noon before it switches over to regular rain, so I know my drive home will also be quite enjoyable.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

you cant just go and imply that russian tsar had sex

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with australia. vodka in pouches, smh
it's a sorbet you fool

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Avshalom posted:

it's a sorbet you fool
vodka sorbet ? *spins a wheel with "probably would" painted across it*

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

How does she feel about James and the Giant Peach?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

dnc keeps asking me for money

i've never donated to them, only local candidates and they've been hitting me up for money for over a decade now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i've never donated to them, only local candidates and they've been hitting me up for money for over a decade now

btw have you heard of APOCALYPSE

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/leprasorium/status/845195990877388800

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hoverboard count: 4

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/status/713078431005679617

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Hell, I'd buy it.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
post things your dad posts online

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
You may buy it

but can you deny it?

It may be better if you fry it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rear end struggle posted:

You may buy it

but can you deny it?

It may be better if you fry it

please cease this wild deregulated use of american anthem immediately

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

is that the person who writes those russian sci-fi novels where nicholas is a mecha mowing down the bolsheviks

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...l-a7647426.html

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i dont know what my dad posts

probably music, imagine i posted a van halen song i guess

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hold on a sec *dumps bunch of spreadsheets with electrical materials*

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I didn't know the tsar was a god

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

jokes of the email-forwarded style, PG13-dirty or schmaltzy or about liberals

oh or about fat people

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

pangstrom posted:

jokes of the email-forwarded style, PG13-dirty or schmaltzy or about liberals

oh or about fat people

your dad is gbs

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

the blue-grey arrow on the right is pointing to me

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

he was technically the head of the russian orthodox church iirc

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

was made a saint in early 00s

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

mandatory lesbian posted:

your dad is gbs
yeah it's genetic

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah but isn't blasphemy supposed to be specifically​ poo poo talking god?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he was technically the head of the russian orthodox church iirc
by the law, he was secular head of the church. at the time, the church followed two conflicting treatments of tsar as the holy representative (byzantean and muscovite). the former implied tsar is servant of god, the latter implied that god gives tsar mandate to rule, iirc

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah but isn't blasphemy supposed to be specifically​ poo poo talking god?
not in russia, even if we go as far back as the empire. they defined blasphemy as infringement on anything christianity or the orthodox church deems divine or saint. infringement included public disrespect, or condemnation, of dogmas and rituals of christianity and the orthodox church

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

by the law, he was secular head of the church. at the time, the church followed two conflicting treatments of tsar as the holy representative (byzantean and muscovite). the former implied tsar is servant of god, the latter implied that god gives tsar mandate to rule, iirc

yeah the patriarch is the true leader but the tsar is like the british monarch wrt the anglican church

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

up to 2013, in russia blasphemy was an administrative offense (warning/fine) for "intentional public defilement of religious literature and works on theocratic service, items of religious veneration, as well as signs and emblems bearing ideological symbolism or attributes"

in 2013 they did criminalise (so increased penalties + potential imprisonment), and supplemented the scope with "public actions, expressing clear disrespect towards the society and committed with the intent of giving offense to the religious feelings of the believers"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

oh and there is an additional article in their criminal code, on hate crimes, that is also used in the same vein wrt blasphemy

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
The Russian religious law may seem harsh

But please remember they live in a marsh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah the patriarch is the true leader but the tsar is like the british monarch wrt the anglican church
i see what you mean now, that is correct. petr 1 did that - made a state institution, holy synod, that was the secular arm overseeing any and all ecclesiastical affairs, which made him in turn the formal boss of it all (re: muscovite treatment of his divinity)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

not in russia, even if we go as far back as the empire. they defined blasphemy as infringement on anything christianity or the orthodox church deems divine or saint. infringement included public disrespect, or condemnation, of dogmas and rituals of christianity and the orthodox church

Ah okay.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i see what you mean now, that is correct. petr 1 did that - made a state institution, holy synod, that was the secular arm overseeing any and all ecclesiastical affairs, which made him in turn the formal boss of it all (re: muscovite treatment of his divinity)

It helped that the patriarch kicked off and he just flat-out refused to name a new one. Oh Pete...:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Majorian posted:

It helped that the patriarch kicked off and he just flat-out refused to name a new one. Oh Pete...:laugh:
sure :v: the church infighting some 50 years before that probably did help too, it had to be very fresh in memory

• Locked thread