Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Would this work on the Kafe skylight? You can drop off that but I can't remember if you can repel.

Yes, they do it in the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Things are gonna get real dumb.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Recently I've just started dropping Frost traps in random places. No rhyme or reason to the placement and been having a lot more success. People are way more cautious around the objective and check doorways and choke points. If you just drop them where evs you are a lot more likely to catch some dumbo sprinting down a hallway.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Recently I've just started dropping Frost traps in random places. No rhyme or reason to the placement and been having a lot more success. People are way more cautious around the objective and check doorways and choke points. If you just drop them where evs you are a lot more likely to catch some dumbo sprinting down a hallway.

There's a lot of ways to improve your success rate with the welcome mats, that's a good one. Sometimes I'll hide during prep phase so the other team doesn't even know we have a frost to watch out for, then ill rush out and place my mats real quick. Even if they do ID you, it helps plenty to just place your mats after the prep phase/after the drones have all been shot. Another good tip is to not place your mats so like...geometrically aligned with the environment. I see people placing them perfectly parallel right outside doorways and whatnot and its just too obvious. Set it off to the side and at an angle in some barbwire. It doesn't seem like it should help but you get a lot more people this way. Oh and put them less in the center of a bottleneck/hallway and more sideways up against a wall. Attackers very often hug walls when they're not rushing and the traps don't stick out as much this way.

E: Oh speaking of, does anyone know why you cant place a welcome mat anywhere on the middle portion of the stairs by kid's bedroom on house?

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 24, 2017

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Beverly Cleavage posted:

HAAAAARRRRD...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGfQwPfYI-E

(mainly, I'm just laughing at the absurdity of the whole thing.)

They should make a Titanic/Inception map where everything is at 45 degrees like in that vid.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Zaphod42 posted:

I guess just login on uplay and see if the store will sell you the standard edition and see what happens. Contact customer support if it gets screwed up but it should probably work??? That or it will just say you already own it and not sell it to you.
Ok I pulled the trigger in the name of science in order to actually find out the answer and figured maybe this information might come in handy in the future at some point in-case someone else does what I did. Bought the $30 standard edition off uplay, and now I have 2 instances of Rainbow Six Siege in my games list on uplay. But I launched the game through Steam (where I bought the Starter edition) and I can now buy operators without spending 12.5k renown or installing the other, non-Steam instance, yay.

Also incidentally the game's on sale for $25 CAD on Steam right now and Steam refused my refund request because I already had 5.5 hours into the game. :argh: Anyway what operators would people suggest I pick up for someone who's really bad? I got just got Rook, and Sledge and Smoke were given to me with the Starter Edition. Also I bought Fuze for maximum Spetsnaz hostage rescue shenanigans. Once I get all the base operators (which shouldn't take long it looks like) which DLC operators would you recommend going for? I already have Buck and Frost because I couldn't resist going for :canada: operators.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Insert name here posted:

Anyway what operators would people suggest I pick up for someone who's really bad? I got just got Rook, and Sledge and Smoke were given to me with the Starter Edition. Also I bought Fuze for maximum Spetsnaz hostage rescue shenanigans.

Those were all good starting picks. Mute is always useful, Thermite and Thatcher are usually pretty good choices.

E: If you're just real bad at combat, Montagne may be a good idea. Stick with at least one teammate and be his mobile cover/camera pinging the baddies. A good strat with him is to cram yourself into a corner opposite of where your team is assaulting from. If the enemies focus on your team then you get to pistol them down from behind. If they turn to focus on you then your team can mow them down. Just watch out for smokes and c4.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 24, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh my god, I am the failure today. We're about to win the last round of a match of competitive, there's not much time left on the clock and we have more guys alive. Monte is pushing us through the window, and we're trying to hit him but can't. We'll probably win off the time anyways, but we're trying to kill him, and I think "okay, this is the ticket" and toss some C4.

What I didn't realize is that the hostage was off camera just 1 meter to the left :doh: we lose the round, go into the next one, and lose that too. gently caress me.

Insert name here posted:

Also incidentally the game's on sale for $25 CAD on Steam right now and Steam refused my refund request because I already had 5.5 hours into the game. :argh: Anyway what operators would people suggest I pick up for someone who's really bad? I got just got Rook, and Sledge and Smoke were given to me with the Starter Edition. Also I bought Fuze for maximum Spetsnaz hostage rescue shenanigans. Once I get all the base operators (which shouldn't take long it looks like) which DLC operators would you recommend going for? I already have Buck and Frost because I couldn't resist going for :canada: operators.

Rook and Doc are good support, as is Valkyrie if you're willing to splurge the cash.
Mute, Bandit and Jaeger are all super important defensive characters that are pretty easy to play.

Sledge and Thermite and Thatcher are pretty important for offense and most teams will really appreciate you playing one or the other, although someone else will often pick one of those too. They get good guns as well.
Fuze is amazing but using him well takes some practice and good map knowledge. DO NOT PLAY FUSE ON HOSTAGE lol.

Buck is one of my favorites and IMO is basically a better version of Ash. Frost as well is like a better version of Kapkan. I don't see much point playing them when you have the others. Both Buck and Frost are pretty dang good.
As Buck, use your shotgun to breach and create murderholes and quick swap to rifle to put people down, or just blast them with the shotty. As Frost, put your traps next to windows where people won't see them and fall into them, or on top of barbed wire so its nearly invisible.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Sorry for the incredibly loud laughing but this killed me: https://streamable.com/ecxy2

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Also had a match today where I and one other guy were the last men standing, we shot each other, and he won because he pressed F faster than I did.

I guess that'll teach me to always hold F, even if there's nobody to revive me :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Siege 50% off on Steam.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Firing range where we can pick any gun and customize the attachments when choosing them please Hard

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Speaking of, what attachments should I run on guns in general?

Also is there a strategy to using Sledge's hammer for maximum effeciency or should I just run around and DYNAMIC ENTRY my way into as many rooms as possible?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

Firing range where we can pick any gun and customize the attachments when choosing them please Hard

Needs a room full of hostages so you can perfect your fuze skills.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Insert name here posted:

Also is there a strategy to using Sledge's hammer for maximum effeciency or should I just run around and DYNAMIC ENTRY my way into as many rooms as possible?
Don't run laser on most guns is probably the only rule of a thumb with attachments.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Insert name here posted:

Sledging open as many windows and walls near the objective as possible is often a good strategy. You'll want there to be more openings than the defenders can cover.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Insert name here posted:

Always put a sight on the shotguns. It makes them way more reliable for some reason.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Insert name here posted:

Jehde posted:

It comes down to personal preference and specific weapons, but a couple rules of thumb I follow:

All pistols get suppressors to take out gadgets more discretely, except shield operators get muzzle brakes or compensators since they're loud as hell anyways. Shields also get laser pointers for the same reason, otherwise yea don't bother with lasers.

Primaries I'll only single shot with (FAL, HK417, etc) get a muzzle brake, primaries I'll mostly be spraying with (LMGs, etc) get compensators, but most weapons I try to do control bursts with so they all get flash hiders.

Vertical foregrips are for babies that can't handle recoil, angled foregrip is always useful especially when going up against operators like Ash.

Any sort of sight attachment just fucks with your peripheral vision so I stick to iron sights, but ACOGs are especially bad since all they do is narrow your FOV and give you tunnel vision.

Every gun gets the most colourful skin available and the unicorn charm, or the chibi drumstick.

Although most people aren't comfortable with iron sights, so I'll let them chime in with whatever the latest and greatest is for reflex sights.

The best way to play sledge is to roleplay Jack Nicholson from The Shining.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sights is 100% personal preference. With the update on them I think all sights are at least good.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Great Beer posted:

Always put a sight on the shotguns. It makes them way more reliable for some reason.

Wait, is there actually a difference in how they shoot? Or just that you find it feels better to use them?

Shotguns are the only weapons I don't use a sight with.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Koramei posted:

Wait, is there actually a difference in how they shoot? Or just that you find it feels better to use them?

I think it lowers the spread, for some reason.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Koramei posted:

I think he's talking about the laser.

I still go without because the idea of something giving away my position constantly would drive me nuts.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Oh right, lasersights. Yeah I only ever use those on shields personally.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Koramei posted:

Oh right, lasersights. Yeah I only ever use those on shields personally.
Shotguns and shields for me. Granted, I rarely play either.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Shotguns should get some kind of choke or duckbill

E: or a silencer like in No Country For Old Men.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Laser sights are great for shotguns, but optics also seem to help them. Someone on Reddit claimed the optics cause a pellet to always be dead center when you aim down the sights. Placebo effect maybe, but I'm consistently better when usinga shotgun with a sight compared to the irons.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Shotguns should get some kind of choke or duckbill

E: or a silencer like in No Country For Old Men.
Saiga has silencer.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Saiga has silencer.

Best gun

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/DefinitiveNaturalGazelle

Not my gif but that encapsulates my crew's experience with impact grenades

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Saiga has silencer.

*poot poot poot*

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Saiga has silencer.

Saiga is also hampered by having a completely dogshit ammo loadout (unless they changed it), you're going to run out of ammo really quickly.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Saiga is also hampered by having a completely dogshit ammo loadout (unless they changed it), you're going to run out of ammo really quickly.
Last, and the only time, I tried it, there were some 40 shots in, if I remember correctly.

E: From reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/4Yo4dHy.gifv

:magical:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 24, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lol there's like 25 shots for that garbage gun

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Just got Frost and had a few matches. She is actually a lot of fun.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Nickname Pending posted:

Just got Frost and had a few matches. She is actually a lot of fun.

Her SMG is amazing. Put the extended barrel on it and go to town.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UsJSG0ynPs

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Is that THE John Romero. I wanna touch his hair :syoon::syoon::syoon:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/y6anf

:stare:
Thought Battleye took care of the hackers there.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Nearly team killed my squad in ranked for being assholes. I might be having a couple off rounds, but constantly shouting "Dude your aim sucks," or telling me to do something I already know doesn't help. Nor does constantly shouting the N word for no reason like a 10-year-old (which one of them probably was). Totally thrown off by assholish comments. Okay, if you want me to clutch a 1 v 3, then shut up and let me concentrate. Moral of the story, be supportive to your teammates. If they make a few mistakes, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
What the hell is this poo poo Hard

https://streamable.com/4i3ie

• Locked thread