Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I just finished reading Part 7 and I'm already praying for it to be animated even if it's only like twenty years from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Finally catching up with JJL and I guess Araki saw It Follows, huh?

Yeah, he probably did since he likes horror, and figured he'd revisit his Highway Star fight again in a more extended way.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Finally catching up with JJL and I guess Araki saw It Follows, huh?

Oh yeah, didn't even think about that. I guess it'd make sense for him to do that after having a great deal of the enemy Tarot Stands being fashioned after classic movie monsters.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Worst fight in JoJolion is based on a terrible movie...

🤔

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
son of a bitch we get it you didn't like it follows gently caress

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Newest One Piece chapter features Young Joseph Joestar as a Big Mom commander who flicks jelly beans at people and predicts their next line.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

no they will not posted:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also the blue hawaii fight was cool

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

no they will not posted:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

no they will not posted:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Don't let that milk touch your shoe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛 🥛

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
It's been a long time since the last update, but finally, three new chapters are out on Batoto, which concludes Volume 61. Today, we have A Story of the Recent Past, His Name is Diavolo - Part 2, and What Lies Beyond the Arrow. Enjoy.

Personal thoughts:
-It's sad to see Buccellati realizing he's about to die and willing his house to Trish. And he never gets to say that to the real Trish, either.
-"Move slowly, like you're lifting your skirt" What the hell, Polnareff?
-Polnareff, by his own admission, is no longer capable of fighting, yet he manages to land a hit on Diavolo fair and square. loving badass.
-

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Diavolo's backstory is even more confusing than I remembered.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Josuke is an honest boy. Except when intentionally lying to try to save his friend Koichi. Or trying to swindle Rohan.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Josuke is an honest boy. Except when intentionally lying to try to save his friend Koichi. Or trying to swindle Rohan.

Or stealing from his elderly father. Or defrauding the lottery.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Diavolo's backstory is even more confusing than I remembered.

I'm still convinced he made up the horror bits to be a chunni edgelord :colbert:

hoobajoo posted:

Or stealing from his elderly father. Or defrauding the lottery.

#justteenthings

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Worst fight in JoJolion is based on a terrible movie...

🤔

imagine being named after such a good boy and yet having such bad taste

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Augus posted:

imagine being named after such a good boy and yet having such bad taste

josuke is an honest boy, but this one only tells lies about blue hawaii. that's how we know he's really [surface]!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All I wanna know is when someone will have The Babadook as a Stand.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/breadfuckered/status/608794230857822208

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

A little overrated, but fine

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Wouldn't that be civil war?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hey I just finished watching the Part 4 anime.

What's up with the Josuke that pushes Josuke's mom's car out of the snow? I was expecting Bites the Dust to circle around into that at some point and.... nothing. Does that come up in part5/part6 at all or is it just a really weird thing that happened and then was forgotten about?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Sockser posted:

What's up with the Josuke that pushes Josuke's mom's car out of the snow? I was expecting Bites the Dust to circle around into that at some point and.... nothing. Does that come up in part5/part6 at all or is it just a really weird thing that happened and then was forgotten about?

It was just some guy that made an impression on Josuke

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Reset the clock

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sockser posted:

It wasn't Josuke. He's just a nice person with excellent hair, who's kindness and excellent hair lead Josuke to model himself after him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love how much we're all thrown off and in disbelief of what feels like an unfired Chekov's Gun and just inherently distrustful of Josuke when he says "Some guy that was cool so I stole his look"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Wait that was seriously just completely straight and not Time Travel shenanigans?

what the gently caress

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I honestly doubt Araki had even thought of Kira himself at the time that chapter was made.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can see it feeling weird, but also it just being a literal rando ties much better into the theme of A Town With A Golden Heart that Joseph talks about at the end. Morioh is a chill town full of good people, even if they have to be coerced with fists in the end, and Josuke and friends are the next generation of those gold hearted citizens, taking the place of the mysterious stranger, paying it forward and all that

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It presents itself as a really obvious piece of foreshadowing, but it leading to nothing ends up being more satisfying. Araki isn't the kind to leave hooks like that anyway. Remember the Runaway Girl that just stopped showing up with no fanfare?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Momomo posted:

It presents itself as a really obvious piece of foreshadowing,

No it doesn't. Dude doesn't even have any of the bling or accessories the Josuke had (or any at all). People just assumed it was some kind of time poo poo because a had Josuke's haircut which is a really stupid conclusion to make when the entire story is "Josuke has this haircut and style to mimic this cool guy." Yeah no of course they'll look the same.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No it doesn't. Dude doesn't even have any of the bling or accessories the Josuke had (or any at all). People just assumed it was some kind of time poo poo because a had Josuke's haircut which is a really stupid conclusion to make when the entire story is "Josuke has this haircut and style to mimic this cool guy." Yeah no of course they'll look the same.

???

Dude has the collar badges and stuff

And the fact that he immediately knows Josuke is sick and he's all bloody and stuff just reads like a final battle time travel thing but poo poo. Weird.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Sockser posted:

???

Dude has the collar badges and stuff

And the fact that he immediately knows Josuke is sick and he's all bloody and stuff just reads like a final battle time travel thing but poo poo. Weird.

The main evidence against it is that it's never brought up again or address ever in the series and Araki has never said that the character was going to be time travel related in any interviews.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
In the anime, it's really obvious it's a different badge on his collar, imgur wont let me post a screenshot right now but trust me It's a weird three line emblem versus Josuke's distinctive heart and anchor

e: actually you can totally see it in your screenshot holy poo poo. Third panel, I don't think we ever see Josuke switch out his heart and anchor for that so there's no way Araki planned for that to be Actually Josuke unless he was tossing around Alternate Universe Josuke around in his head but lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
He doesn't have any of the heart/peace symbol pins. The stuff that's on there just comes with the jacket collar.

It is weird that he has the poo poo beat out of him already for unknown reasons, but this kind of flashback happens again in part 5, so :shrug:

Improbable Lobster posted:

The main evidence against it is that it's never brought up again or address ever in the series and Araki has never said that the character was going to be time travel related in any interviews.

And in the interview where he talks a bit about Kira, the random dude is mentioned...as a random dude and not an abandoned "this was supposed to be future Josuke" plot point.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 27, 2017